Shugo Chara!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

jul10

-mokyu
Retired
According to Nakayoshi July Issue another Peach-Pit Manga will get serialized in anime. The manga title is Shugo Chara! (The manga itself is licensed by Del Rey. )

Shugo Chara!
しゅごキャラ!

Premier:
TBA
Genre: Shoujo, magic
Synopsis from eggplant:
Hinamori Amu is a fourth grader who because of her stubborn demeanor, is misunderstood by her school friends and family. One night, upon watching the psychic Saeki Nobuko advocate on TV about one's guardian spirit being a powerful existence that will help you out, Amu wished for the courage to change into the person she wanted to become. The following morning, three checkered eggs laid on her bedside, from which three girls, Ran, Miki, and Sue appeared, calling themselves the Shugo Chara.

Manga Covers:

According to gia from aol, it seems that the news was announced on the Nakayoshi Festival. (according to 2ch )

The story seems also to be involving magic in it... and the character design in the scanlations and pictures are kinda cute...XD I also hope that this will be another moe anime... ^^

Its a good shoujo manga that is very enjoyable even for the non-shoujo fan. It started back at December 2005, I started reading this at the Summer 2006, a friend (female) got me into this......I'm happy I did.
rolleyes.gif
It reminds me of Mamoru-kun, Hitohira, Ouran High School Host Club.
biggrin.gif

This anime looks really cute. I was watching some of the raw for episode one and it looks like it will at least be entertaining! Another title to add to the list this fall.

I really like the anime art in comparison to the manga art, though. Not that I've read the manga, but judging from the samples
wink.gif

i just watched episode one, and i gotta say, its a really cute show
tongue.gif
Amu-chan is quite funny to watch when her personality changes all of a sudden and she ends up saying something that would embarrass her, haha.

Amu is supposed to be a fourth grader? she looks more like a high-school student to me.

I loved the part where she jumps up and Confesses her love
This anime looks very promising and funny, I think Ill continue watching this series.
Cant wait to see the other two chibis in action.

Amu defineletly looks like she should be in high school at least, but then again maybe that uniform makes you look taller, this is also a must watch show for the fall 07 Season!!!

aww i just saw the first episode and i must say its so cute!! i'd seen the manga before but i didn't bother to read it cuz i thought it'd be heaps cheesy but surprisingly the cheese is put-up-able XD as long as it doesn't get any cheesier i'll keep watching ^^ i actually feel sorry for her... lol her little guardian charas making her say and do things that makes her embarassed after she says it >.< pretty good show for younger audiences about being yourself i think ^^

QUOTE (luigiroxu @ Oct 10 2007, 08:07 PM) Amu is supposed to be a fourth grader? she looks more like a high-school student to me.
She acts like one too - the whole school does. It's hard to believe fourth graders would be putting on their own assemblies and having "student councils" even if they were exceptional
huh.gif
I haven't read the manga, so I don't know if it's the same there. But if it's not, I would assume they've made it appeal to an "older" audience.

I don't know what to think of this yet. Although my favorite part of episode one was when she fell in the hole..........I get a strange feeling an Alice in Chains AMV is in the works somewhere for that.
laugh.gif

And yeah no way they are meant to be 4th graders, more like 8th grade and thats probably still off because they really do seem like they are meant to be in high school.

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Oct 11 2007, 06:03 PM) She acts like one too - the whole school does. It's hard to believe fourth graders would be putting on their own assemblies and having "student councils" even if they were exceptional
huh.gif
I haven't read the manga, so I don't know if it's the same there. But if it's not, I would assume they've made it appeal to an "older" audience.
wtheck? 4th grade? i thought she was in high school...i dont even know what to think of this series lol..it was just so.....cheesy....but i couldn't help it..i just kept watching...mainly cuz i loved the way she was dressed and the characters were all so cute.....when she had a character change i was like omgsh- sailor moon, then that guy with cat ears- omgsh loveless, then when she grew wings on her feet-omgsh cardcaptors....ah ha...i couldn't help it....the intro of the episode was fine...but then the whole egg thing....
huh.gif
..i think this might just be a bit too much for me lol

4th grade?! I refuse to believe that are you sure it aint a typo?

Anyway, i found this series rather funny, i mean the falling of the hole and when she tried to swim the the air to stop from falling i thoguht it was rather funny.

But yeah i liked this series for some reason, The fact that it has an item called the Humpty lock makes me laugh, oh and wasnt Humpty Dumpty an egg shape?

But anyway i liked this series. Seemed to be all happy.

Seriously... when I read the synopsis of this anime, it really did say 4th grade. Of course, I can't believe it when I watched the first episode. Junior high school I would still believe but fourth grade???

But anyway, the story is pretty cute and quite funny. Loved the part when she wish she'd just fall in a hole and actually fell into a hole. This is a funny-loving show this season. I'll have to add this one out.

OMG!!! This is about the funniest one I've watch so far. I was laughing the whole time especially when her personality change! Yeah I was ROFLMAO

QUOTE (xxanime_junkyxx @ Oct 12 2007, 05:02 PM)... then when she grew wings on her feet-omgsh cardcaptors....
sacrilege xxanime_junkyxx, you should really watch the original CCS. and never speak of cardcaptors again...
laugh.gif
and i don't think this show will be anywhere near CCS, but so far... from what i'm watching, it's one of the funniest shoujo i've watched in a long time.

anyway, i just finished the second episode... wasn't as funny as the first one but just as cute. the ace guardian girl really annoys that hell out of me. but then again, so does the pink chara. i like the blue one better. (and i woud prefer pink over blue any day).

it's funny... the whole time i was watching, i kept on thinking they are in high school. not once has it come into my head that they are supposed to be in fourth grade.

edit: by the way, the last part about the littel kid amu has been saving for the last two episodes... it kinda reminded me of that thing in teh 8th episode of sayonara zetsubou sensei. i just laughed and fully visualized what they were talking about about criticism.

I thought this episode was better than the last but ... couldn't we skip the Sailor Moon style transformations?! Otherwise, a silly yet cute shoujo anime I think I will quite enjoy. The Guardians look like they'll be interesting editions, and I have mixed feelings about the Charas. The pink one does annoy me, but I like the blue one enough.

The anime is quite interesting and wondering how amu's shugo charas and the humpty lock plays a huge role later in the anime. I agree Ran (red chara) is a bit annoying while Miki is my current favorite of the three shugo chara. Though I would think the voicing could be done better for Miki yet it strangely fits at the same time.

I wonder since we've seen Ran's character transformation does it necessarily means Miki is next along with the new one's appearence. Also wonder why the guardians cannot perform character transformation, but who knows.

HOW COME THERE ARE NO SUBTITLES ON THE 2ND EPISODE...I DON'T SEE ANY T_T. IS THERE SOMETHING I DON'T HAVE SO I CAN'T SEE IT OR SOMETHING...just wondering

QUOTE (Mermie17 @ Oct 21 2007, 08:47 AM) HOW COME THERE ARE NO SUBTITLES ON THE 2ND EPISODE...I DON'T SEE ANY T_T. IS THERE SOMETHING I DON'T HAVE SO I CAN'T SEE IT OR SOMETHING...just wondering
This goes in the Episode play back Help here: http://boards.fansub.tv/?showforum=12

back on topic:
yes i agree with you Chiisai - why couldnt they skip the almost copy-right infringment salior moon transformation? T.T i was just sitting there holding my head in my hands going 'nooo....' and a good point made by my friend watching this anime: 'so those kids with X-eggs pretty much mean they're emo?' ha. yeh... the whole 'dreams don't matter' etc
right now the little blue egg character is my favourite
happy.gif
the pink one is so annoying!!
dry.gif
the voice and character just urgh... makes me want to squish it like a bug =.= i'll keep watching just cuz it looks so cute XD plus animation is pretty decent ^^ lol just no more salior moon transformations... please... cringe worthy factor 8/10

Wasn't really planning on watching this but i got bored and decided to check out the first episode and it wasn't as bad as i had thought. In fact i kinda liked it.

And i like the main character because what she does a lot of people do. Pretending to be someone else than u actually are and to be honest i know the feeling since i do that a little bit as well xD

well... i think everyone got their wish for no more sailormoon transformations... i certainly hope that the one from episode 2 would be the last one.

i really liked this episode. for some reason... it's typical but it soooooooooo funny. i like the cat guy. and teh nadeshiko's would-be self really kicks ass. as for the prince... hahaha... it was just too funny. it's certainly something i didn't expect from them... i thought they were nothing more than a bunch of goody-two-shoes squares...
laugh.gif

edit: by the way, i forgot to mention that the amuXikuto scene was hawt~!

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back