Can't install Flash on School PCs

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.

JCDRANZER

- Sky King
Retired
Okay...my Uni's PC policies suck...

On them, I can't install most software if I don't have the adminstrator's priviliges. First, I could install codecs but lucky, I found out about VLC Portable. Secondly, this is where my problems starts, I need Adobe Flash to listen and watch stuff on YouTube, Veoh, Crunchyroll....pretty much everything on the internet. So is there any way of solving this or is their an alternative ??

Please help me out...desperate.
wacko.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

Arigatou in advance.
biggrin.gif

Well with that I can say contact the current admin in the computer lab you are in and let him know about this problem. They may have to do an update on the univeristy's system for that to work. Although I'm not sure if this method would work though, but it's worth a shot.

QUOTE (perimiter @ Oct 23 2008, 11:05 AM) or you can hack the admin account and install it yourself
Well that's kind of illegal and dangerous. I mean if you get caught you could get kicked out of school for that. And that's if they are going to go easy on you. The worst case senario is you get jail time for hacking a school admin account.

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Oct 23 2008, 04:57 AM) Okay...my Uni's PC policies suck...

On them, I can't install most software if I don't have the adminstrator's priviliges. First, I could install codecs but lucky, I found out about VLC Portable. Secondly, this is where my problems starts, I need Adobe Flash to listen and watch stuff on YouTube, Veoh, Crunchyroll....pretty much everything on the internet. So is there any way of solving this or is their an alternative ??

Please help me out...desperate.
wacko.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

Arigatou in advance.
biggrin.gif

upgrade either to Firefox 3 or install the firefox adobe flash plugin (this should be able to bypass the firewall without getting you in trouble since it's a firefox extension and not a "harmful" software/application to the school's network)....either one should work I believe. I remember having a similar problem like this last year.

and yeah...perimiter...we don't encourage hacking nor is it a smart way to go about things....... unless it's toward the chan forums.......

VLC Portable? no idea, but VLC 0.9.4 (or whatever the new version is) is awesome regardless due to it's ability to play h264 encodes with proper sub fonts (don't think you need cccp anymore, or at least I don't)

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Oct 23 2008, 12:50 PM) and yeah...perimiter...we don't encourage hacking nor is it a smart way to go about things....... unless it's toward the chan forums.......
Indeed you do that if you're either crazy good or just plain crazy of course. Besides it's not recomended if you have a decient sanity level and don't want your PC destoryed in the proccess though.

So that would be the second way by updating the Firefox plugin. I never would of guessed that.

Lol...after posting this thread...about 2 hours later, I discovered something......youtube and the rest work on Internet Explorer...just not on Firefox...basically its already installed but only to a specific browser...lol.
laugh.gif

I'll close this thread a bit later...feel free to leave some kinda post b4 this thread is LOCKED for good.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back