franzoir

-the smooth, the suave, and the shrewd

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1610 posts
  • Interests:Politics

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:53 PM

I just saw this Another Earth

Sounds suspiciously like someone read Bakuman and decided to adapt the Double Earth manga.
user posted image

Summertime has come and gone...all used up with wishful thinking

#162 Hiasubi

Hiasubi

-Snuggle Bunny

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1984 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:55 PM

Well ive blitzed my way through over 30 chapters of Bakuman and im now update, my god how ive miseed it. Chapters 158-159 were by far by absulute fav, never laughed so much as i read, and Aoki actualy accepted Hiramarus proposal, i was cheering outloud as I read it, got funny looks from my friends tongue.gif

Im kinda dissapointed about the huge focus on Reversi, dont get me wrong i dont mind it especialy with the huge focus on their battle against Eiji so it makes sense that the manga would leave PCP especialy with it no longer in Jump but still id like to know how its doing since it does give off the sense that they have totaly abandoned it when they are meant to be doing both of them. Also im hoping the actual PCP criminal gets revisted at somepoint since i liked the story when it affects Takagis confidence and what not, but with their huge rise with Reversi and all that and them on about Ashirogi as a brand name compared to Eiji it could be really interesting since the crime would continue to damage the Ashirogi brand which would be interesting as they try to put themselves as a house hold Jump name, yes PCP is now in a different magazine but it will still affect them, problem is that it could end up rehashing the original story which is one of the reasons i didnt like the 2nd Nanime story since it felt like a clone of the original and the downer is that its not out of the realms of possibilty that he wont come back and do it again, if Nanime ever did come back i want him to have a shot at being legit working with Kouske (think thats his name) and try and beat Ashirogi properly but i do get that the whole evil, messed up thing is Nanimes shtick.

Still loving it though |biggrin.gif

#163 JCDRANZER

JCDRANZER

- Sky King

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8829 posts
  • Interests:My Anime List (UNCOMPLETED): -

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/JCDRANZER

To get my original "total post count"..... add (+) 500 posts, they were reduced coz of "spamming".....bah. >.>

NAMES: -

JCDRANZER - Sky King ~ Rey del Cielo ~ Ô-SAMAのスパム!

COMPLETED DORAMA:-

1.) Kurosagi
    2.) Liar Game
    3.) Hana Yori Dango Season 1
    4.) Hana Yori Dango Season 2
    5.) Hanazaraki no kimi tachi E (J-version)
    6.) It Started with a Kiss
    7.) Majo no Jouken (Forbidden Love)
    8.) Devil Beside You
    9.) My Boss, My Hero
    10.) Sang Doo, Let's go to School!
    11.) Full House
    12.) One Pound Gospel
    13.) Suppli (or "Sapuri")
    14.) Bull Fighting
    15.) Sleeping Forest
    16.) Stand Up!!
    17.) Galileo
    18.) Tiger & Dragon (5 STARS - BRILLANT!!! XD)
    19.) Nobuta wa Produce (Wonderful!! XD)
    20.) Proposal Daisakusen
    21.) Ikebukuro West Gate Park (aka IWGP) (+Special) (AMAZING!)
    22.) Dragon Zakura
    23.) [email protected] (Loved it!!)
    24.) Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi ~the smile has left your eyes~ (A Million Stars Falling from the Sky ~ the smile has left your eyes~)
    25.) Mukodono 2003
    26.) Gokusen (Season 1)
    27.) Kisarazu Cat's Eye (One of Fav series!!)
    28.) Long Vacation
    29.) Bambino!
    30.) Boku dake no Madonna
    31.) Good Luck!!
    32.) H2 ~ Kimi to Itahibi
    33.) 4 Shimai Tantei Dan
    34.) Dekichatta Kekkon (Shotgun Marriage)
    35.) The Devil (Mawang) (The best series ever!!)
    36.) Engine
    37.) Puzzle(2007)
    38.) Goong (Princess Hours/Palace)
    39.) HERO

Currently Watching DORAMA: -

1.) Gokusen series
    2.) GTO
    3.) They Kiss Again
    4.) Honey and Clover
    5.) Love Contract
    6.) Fantasy Couple
    7.) Gumiho (Nine-Tail Fox/Forbidden Love)
    8.) Hello my Teacher! (Hardtack Teacher and Sugar Candy)
    9.) Coffee Prince
    10.) Hana-Kimi (TW-dorama)
    11.) Wonderful Life
    12.) Himitsu no Hanazono
    13.) Strawberry on the Shortcake
    14.) Lunch Queen
    15.) Densha Otoko
    16.) Fated to Love You (new Taiwanese Dorama)
    17.) Maison Ikkoku SPECIAL
    18.) Shukumei SPECIAL
    19.) Maou
    20.) Osen
    21.) HERO
    22.) Last Christmas
    23.) Resurrection
    24.) Zettai Kareshi
    25.) Romeo and Juliet
    26.) Yasuko to Kenji
    27.) So I'm not so Handsome
    28.) Attention Please

Anime...I was hardcore with it but I'm just laying off it for a bit....will get back to it in due course.

Hehehe...MyAnimeList......I was never able to complete it.....too long and I remember being the one who showed the site to a few others....who ended up actually doing it....anyways....I've got my one here....the link is up there...go check out my laziness....slowly at a snail pace at doing the anime list...which for me exceed over 800 watched series/OVAs/movies........yup......I've been into anime for a hefty long time now. LOL

I'm looking forward to watch (in terms of anime): -

1.) Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2
    2.) Macross Frontier
    3.) Vampire Knight
    4.) Sekirei
    5.) xxxHOLiC - Kei
    6.) Tower of Druaga - the Aegis of Uruk
    7.) To-LOVE-Ru
    8.) Special A
    9.) Itzura na Kiss
    10.) Real Drive
    11.) Nabari no Ou
    12.) Shina Dark
    13.) Soul Eater
    14.) Blassreiter
    15.) Crystal Blaze
    16.) Amatsuki

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE (franzoir @ Jul 07 2011, 05:53 PM)
I just saw this Another Earth

Sounds suspiciously like someone read Bakuman and decided to adapt the Double Earth manga.

Lol, I actually know about that movie, I almost watched it a few months back. laugh.gif

Hia, I'm assuming your at chap 161 now....I just got back on-track with it after watching the anime. I think I read about 120+ chapters or so in a few days.

I had a problem with Nakai, I kinda still do but I'm happy he's back-on-track somewhat with Hiramaru but man....it was quite surreal when he started to really become an awful person and the feeling of "feeling sorry for him" pained me somewhat.

I absolutely love Yuriko and kinda find it funny that there were a few posts bad-mouthing her in the anime thread but I guess that's what you would expect for ppl who haven't read the manga.

I know this sounds grim but I think in the future Miyoshi could be killed off via an accident or a natural cause. rolleyes.gif
<p>rat7w4.jpg<br><b><span style="font-size:14pt;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://myanimelist.n...t/JCDRANZER'>My Incomplete Anime List =P</a></span></span></b><br><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.sugoidesu.com'>sdime.jpg</a><br><br><span><span><span style="font-family:Geneva;"><b><span style="font-size:14pt;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">Seishun Bakusou!</span></span></b></span><br><br><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://imageshack.us'>bannerwimio2.gif</a><br>Tsukihime-1.jpg<br>BiggestSpammer.jpg<br>penpen.jpg<br><br><br><span><span>jcdranzerssigcopypc0.jpg<br><br><span style="font-size:14pt;"><span style="font-family:Optima;"><span style="color:#008000;">LUNA is mine!!!!!!!!!!!!</span></span></span> <span><span>sayakatanasi7.gif</span></span><br><br><b><span style="color:#0000FF;">TYPE-MOON Slave....TSUKIHIME ROCKSSSS!!!!</span></b><br><br><span style="color:#FF0000;">TITLES ---></span> <span><span><span style="color:#0000FF;"><span style="font-size:8pt;">JCD-Ô-SAMAã®ã‚¹ãƒ‘ム! ~*JCD - His Majesty of Spam(hood)*~!!</span></span> <span style="color:#FF0000;"><span style="font-size:8pt;">nickname given by the <b>Lovely Orofena</b></span></span><br><span style="color:#FF0000;"><span style="font-size:8pt;">Captain(Taichou) of GHFC ~*Ghost Hunt Fan Club*~!!</span></span><br><span style="color:#0000FF;"><span style="font-size:8pt;">Proud member of NBP ~*NANA Blogish Posters*~!!</span></span><br><span style="color:#008000;"><span style="font-size:8pt;">Proud member of KKA~Kawaii Kawaii Asa-sempai~!!</span></span><br><span style="color:#0000FF;"><span style="font-size:8pt;">Proud member of MSFGFC ~*Manabi Straight Forward Go Fan Clubber*~!!</span></span><br><span style="color:#800080;"><span style="font-size:8pt;">Proud member of NGEC ~*Neon Genesis Evangelion Crew*~!! (a "permanent" prisoner of the EVA thread)</span></span><br><span style="color:#FFA500;"><span style="font-size:8pt;">Leader of YNSHFC ~*Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge Fan Club*~!!</span></span><br><span style="color:#FF0000;"><span style="font-size:8pt;">Leader of BRFCFC ~*Busou Renkin Forever Campaign Fan Club*~!!</span></span></span></span> </span></span> </span></span></p>

#164 Repede

Repede

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:40 AM

Hey what do you know.

They finally got an anime. Not really sure how this will plan out. I can maybe see some problems with this new girl who is also a voice actress. Like the anime people not wanting to have Miho as the main voice actress.
user posted image

#165 daedalron

daedalron

-chan

• Kouhais
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:56 AM

I haven't reread the chapters after the last one came, but correct me if i'm wrong...
In Reversi, the protagonist, as well as the antagonist, are male. Did you see any recurrent female role ? So, which character would they give to Azuki ?

#166 franzoir

franzoir

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1610 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:50 PM

The look of elation on Mashiro face was priceless but Ashirogi Muto deserve it. Im glad for once Eiji didnt get his way and him drawing those anime original names was the first time I hated him. To consciously block AM like that was a dick move.

Im am going to be very annoyed if Azuki doesnt get the role, and they are already foreboding that. If she doesnt, how many anime offers does a mangaka get? I think its like 1 in a lifetime and if your lucky 2. I really dont want to go through another 165 chapters waiting for the next anime offer so Azuki can get that role. That is just too much for me.
user posted image

#167 franzoir

franzoir

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1610 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:12 PM

I was worried that they were dragging out the manga with X factor style audition however I must say this chapter was brilliant, probably up their with the best of Bakuman. It was like Mean Girls: Seiyuu edition.

More than anything, the past couple of chapters made me like Azuki Miho which is a miracle because up until this point I had nothing but contempt for her. If I was Azuki I would seriously have words with Otsuki Nanami. Mocking Azuki like that shows how much of a bitch she is. I hope she gets her comeuppance.
user posted image

#168 Repede

Repede

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:42 AM

Well the last chapter was just awesome.

Great stuff. I am glad they didn't drag it out.

Looking forward to what's happening next.
user posted image

#169 franzoir

franzoir

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1610 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

So Bakuman is over. Four years ago I decided to start reading this on a whim and I have enjoyed it a lot. I have also learnt alot about the creative process of mangakas and the realities of working at Jump. If not somewhat sensationalised and fictionalised, it has been fascinating none the less.

The last chapter was sweet. Not the best ending I've seen but Mashiro in the car was hilarious and it was total wish fulfillment to see how they will start their true romantic lives with each other.

All in all, I'm sad that it has ended but happy that it existed. I will be looking forwarded to Obata and Ohba next piece.
user posted image

#170 daedalron

daedalron

-chan

• Kouhais
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:10 PM

Really liked the manga too. I'm happy that they ended it nicely, not trying to stretch it too much.

And yes, it was a fun read, but also very nice to discover how a manga is created and evolves with the editors.

#171 JCDRANZER

JCDRANZER

- Sky King

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8829 posts
  • Interests:My Anime List (UNCOMPLETED): -

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/JCDRANZER

To get my original &quot;total post count&quot;..... add (+) 500 posts, they were reduced coz of &quot;spamming&quot;.....bah. &gt;.&gt;

NAMES: -

JCDRANZER - Sky King ~ Rey del Cielo ~ Ô-SAMAのスパム!

COMPLETED DORAMA:-

1.) Kurosagi
    2.) Liar Game
    3.) Hana Yori Dango Season 1
    4.) Hana Yori Dango Season 2
    5.) Hanazaraki no kimi tachi E (J-version)
    6.) It Started with a Kiss
    7.) Majo no Jouken (Forbidden Love)
    8.) Devil Beside You
    9.) My Boss, My Hero
    10.) Sang Doo, Let's go to School!
    11.) Full House
    12.) One Pound Gospel
    13.) Suppli (or &quot;Sapuri&quot;)
    14.) Bull Fighting
    15.) Sleeping Forest
    16.) Stand Up!!
    17.) Galileo
    18.) Tiger &amp; Dragon (5 STARS - BRILLANT!!! XD)
    19.) Nobuta wa Produce (Wonderful!! XD)
    20.) Proposal Daisakusen
    21.) Ikebukuro West Gate Park (aka IWGP) (+Special) (AMAZING!)
    22.) Dragon Zakura
    23.) [email protected] (Loved it!!)
    24.) Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi ~the smile has left your eyes~ (A Million Stars Falling from the Sky ~ the smile has left your eyes~)
    25.) Mukodono 2003
    26.) Gokusen (Season 1)
    27.) Kisarazu Cat's Eye (One of Fav series!!)
    28.) Long Vacation
    29.) Bambino!
    30.) Boku dake no Madonna
    31.) Good Luck!!
    32.) H2 ~ Kimi to Itahibi
    33.) 4 Shimai Tantei Dan
    34.) Dekichatta Kekkon (Shotgun Marriage)
    35.) The Devil (Mawang) (The best series ever!!)
    36.) Engine
    37.) Puzzle(2007)
    38.) Goong (Princess Hours/Palace)
    39.) HERO

Currently Watching DORAMA: -

1.) Gokusen series
    2.) GTO
    3.) They Kiss Again
    4.) Honey and Clover
    5.) Love Contract
    6.) Fantasy Couple
    7.) Gumiho (Nine-Tail Fox/Forbidden Love)
    8.) Hello my Teacher! (Hardtack Teacher and Sugar Candy)
    9.) Coffee Prince
    10.) Hana-Kimi (TW-dorama)
    11.) Wonderful Life
    12.) Himitsu no Hanazono
    13.) Strawberry on the Shortcake
    14.) Lunch Queen
    15.) Densha Otoko
    16.) Fated to Love You (new Taiwanese Dorama)
    17.) Maison Ikkoku SPECIAL
    18.) Shukumei SPECIAL
    19.) Maou
    20.) Osen
    21.) HERO
    22.) Last Christmas
    23.) Resurrection
    24.) Zettai Kareshi
    25.) Romeo and Juliet
    26.) Yasuko to Kenji
    27.) So I'm not so Handsome
    28.) Attention Please

Anime...I was hardcore with it but I'm just laying off it for a bit....will get back to it in due course.

Hehehe...MyAnimeList......I was never able to complete it.....too long and I remember being the one who showed the site to a few others....who ended up actually doing it....anyways....I've got my one here....the link is up there...go check out my laziness....slowly at a snail pace at doing the anime list...which for me exceed over 800 watched series/OVAs/movies........yup......I've been into anime for a hefty long time now. LOL

I'm looking forward to watch (in terms of anime): -

1.) Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2
    2.) Macross Frontier
    3.) Vampire Knight
    4.) Sekirei
    5.) xxxHOLiC - Kei
    6.) Tower of Druaga - the Aegis of Uruk
    7.) To-LOVE-Ru
    8.) Special A
    9.) Itzura na Kiss
    10.) Real Drive
    11.) Nabari no Ou
    12.) Shina Dark
    13.) Soul Eater
    14.) Blassreiter
    15.) Crystal Blaze
    16.) Amatsuki

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:05 AM

I hadn't been reading Bakuman for some time but I was shocked to find out that it had finished earlier in the year. I checked my MAL to see that I read about 120+ chapters, so I just when back to chapter 114 and continued from there because at the time the anime had only gotten up to that point.

I didn't sleep the entire night because I was absorbed in the brilliant story.

It was a beautiful manga with 176 chapters. Personally, this work from the authors of Death Note is superior to their previous work. Death Note went downhill after L.

My rating for this manga is a solid 10/10 that is well deserved.

As franzoir said, I too will be looking forward to Obata and Ohba next piece.

Edited by JCDRANZER, 21 November 2012 - 03:47 PM.

<p>rat7w4.jpg<br><b><span style="font-size:14pt;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://myanimelist.n...t/JCDRANZER'>My Incomplete Anime List =P</a></span></span></b><br><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.sugoidesu.com'>sdime.jpg</a><br><br><span><span><span style="font-family:Geneva;"><b><span style="font-size:14pt;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">Seishun Bakusou!</span></span></b></span><br><br><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://imageshack.us'>bannerwimio2.gif</a><br>Tsukihime-1.jpg<br>BiggestSpammer.jpg<br>penpen.jpg<br><br><br><span><span>jcdranzerssigcopypc0.jpg<br><br><span style="font-size:14pt;"><span style="font-family:Optima;"><span style="color:#008000;">LUNA is mine!!!!!!!!!!!!</span></span></span> <span><span>sayakatanasi7.gif</span></span><br><br><b><span style="color:#0000FF;">TYPE-MOON Slave....TSUKIHIME ROCKSSSS!!!!</span></b><br><br><span style="color:#FF0000;">TITLES ---></span> <span><span><span style="color:#0000FF;"><span style="font-size:8pt;">JCD-Ô-SAMAã®ã‚¹ãƒ‘ム! ~*JCD - His Majesty of Spam(hood)*~!!</span></span> <span style="color:#FF0000;"><span style="font-size:8pt;">nickname given by the <b>Lovely Orofena</b></span></span><br><span style="color:#FF0000;"><span style="font-size:8pt;">Captain(Taichou) of GHFC ~*Ghost Hunt Fan Club*~!!</span></span><br><span style="color:#0000FF;"><span style="font-size:8pt;">Proud member of NBP ~*NANA Blogish Posters*~!!</span></span><br><span style="color:#008000;"><span style="font-size:8pt;">Proud member of KKA~Kawaii Kawaii Asa-sempai~!!</span></span><br><span style="color:#0000FF;"><span style="font-size:8pt;">Proud member of MSFGFC ~*Manabi Straight Forward Go Fan Clubber*~!!</span></span><br><span style="color:#800080;"><span style="font-size:8pt;">Proud member of NGEC ~*Neon Genesis Evangelion Crew*~!! (a "permanent" prisoner of the EVA thread)</span></span><br><span style="color:#FFA500;"><span style="font-size:8pt;">Leader of YNSHFC ~*Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge Fan Club*~!!</span></span><br><span style="color:#FF0000;"><span style="font-size:8pt;">Leader of BRFCFC ~*Busou Renkin Forever Campaign Fan Club*~!!</span></span></span></span> </span></span> </span></span></p>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users