Amatsuki

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

JCDRANZER

- Sky King
Retired
85b163977a.gif

Title: Amatsuki
Japanese Title: あまつき
Genre: Action, Fantasy, Comedy, Historical, Supernatural
Premier: 4th April 2008
Animation Studio: Studio DEEN
Director: Kazuhiro Furuhashi
Music Studio: Frontier Works
Series Composition: Kazuhiro Furuhashi
Screenplay: Kazuhiro Furuhashi
Original creator: Shinobu Takayama
Character Design: Shinobu Tagashira
Art director: Toshihisa Koyama
Chief Animation Director: Yukiko Ban
Official Site: http://amatsuki.com/web/index.html
http://www.ichijinsha.co.jp/special/amatsuki/

Cast:

Jun Fukuyama as Tokidoki Rikugō
Koji Yusa as Kon Shinonome
Romi Paku as Kuchiha
Jouji Nakata as Shamon
Junichi Suwabe as Bonten
Juurouta Kosugi as Utsubushi
Kenichi Suzumura as Ginshu
Kenji Nojima as Heihachi
Showtaro Morikubo as Tsuyukusa
Marina Inoue as Tsuruume
Toru Ohkawa as Tadajirō Sasaki
Yuki Matsuoka as Shinshu

Opening Theme: "Casting Dice" by Yuuki Kanno
Ending Theme: "Namae no Nai Michi (名まえのない道)" by Kaori Hikita

Its set to be a 13-episode anime done by Studio DEEN. Amatsuki (あまつき, 天月) is an ongoing manga series by Takayama Shinobu serialized in Zero-Sum Magazine.

Synopsis:

History isn't Tokidoki's strong subject. He's even forced to do make-up work at a high-tech history museum to bring up his failing grades. After losing an eye to a virtual reality monster in an Edo-period simulation, he finds himself unable to leave the game. Could it be real?

(~from Baka-Updates~)

Manga Covers: -

oooooh, Jun Fukuyama as the lead. Have to check this one out, though honestly I tend to check out just about everything that comes out this season at least a bit. But cause of Jun this one's a bit closer to the top of my list now.

I have been waiting for any info on this anime. The line up is killer and the plot sounds like a winner.

I can't wait for this to come out.

Amatsuki

amatsuki.jpg

Details

Number of episodes: Unknown
Japanese Air Date: April 4th
Animation company: Studio Deen
Seiyuu: Jun Fukuyama, Koji Yusa, Romi Paku

Summary

Based on the shoujo manga by Takayama Shinobu, serialised in Comic Zero-Sum. History isn`t Tokidoki`s strong subject. He`s even forced to do make-up work at a high-tech history museum to bring up his failing grades. After losing an eye to a virtual reality monster in an Edo-period simulation, he finds himself unable to leave the game. Could it be real?

Ok, according to Wikipedia, it's got 13 episodes.
I really liked the first episode.
Protagonist is a Happy-go-lucky guy which is kinda rare i find.

********************************************************************************

[Moderator's Note: Please do not double post. Edit your original post instead of creating another.]
Spacer1b.gif
Action: Posts merged. Reason: Forum Policy. Further information: General Rules.

Spacer.gif
EditPost.jpg

Oh sorry. DIdn't realise it.
When i went to the episode list page, it said that no official thread was there, so i thought might as well start a new one.

[Moderator's Note: Topics Merged.]

QUOTE (maqubex @ Apr 16 2008, 03:14 PM) Oh sorry. DIdn't realise it.
When i went to the episode list page, it said that no official thread was there, so i thought might as well start a new one.

[Moderator's Note: Topics Merged.]
no official thread was there ???

LOL....but try the search engine as well to check if it isn't but there's a thread (which is pinned to the first page of the anime section called "Sprin 2008 Anime" (or something like that) and there I've put up all the links to the threads of new and "future" anime series.
rolleyes.gif

I'm downloading the first new episode as I type this now...be back later to possibly review about the premier of this anime.
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (KittenEatCorpse @ Apr 16 2008, 08:44 PM) I am now downloading it. I really can't wait to watch this. I'm not familiar with the subber though.
Ureshii has been around for a while now and I've seen some of their old works. They're good so you shouldn't be disappointed.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Apr 16 2008, 11:03 PM)
Ureshii has been around for a while now and I've seen some of their old works. They're good so you shouldn't be disappointed.

They were really good nice and clean on the subs.

I'm really hooked. I am looking forward to the next one.

I just watched episode 01 (as a break from Hitman REBORN!) and damn was it good. I'm hooked with this and I can't wait for the next episode. The unfortunate part could be that its only going to be 13 episodes, anyways, I'm going to start reading the manga once I've caught up with REBORN! and I heard some interesting things on how this story is going to develop, which will be very interesting to see.
rolleyes.gif

here's my 2 cents:
The plot for this series is nice, but the biggest problem I have so far is the animation quality. It possibly might also be the quality of the raw, however, the drawing is really awkward and doesn't seem like it was planned very well. It looks like some college student drew the show rather than a professional artist in the production studio.

Other than that, I like where the series is going and hope they thoroughly develop characters considering the amount of hints they revealed in the first episode.

Kit, the RAW was bad and I am currently wondering if a better quality of the episode will appear soon or not.
wink.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Apr 19 2008, 11:10 PM) I just watched episode 01 (as a break from Hitman REBORN!) and damn was it good. I'm hooked with this and I can't wait for the next episode. The unfortunate part could be that its only going to be 13 episodes, anyways, I'm going to start reading the manga once I've caught up with REBORN! and I heard some interesting things on how this story is going to develop, which will be very interesting to see.
rolleyes.gif

I really liked the first episode. I feel like I haven't seen an Edo period anime in a while, at least not a serious one with some action. There just seems to be something a little odd about the character designs, mainly the faces. Something just seems a bit weird about them, but I still like the show a lot. I haven't been able to find any info though about the actual length of the series being 13 episodes. Only thing I've seen say that is wiki. ANN, myanimelist.net, and anidb.net all either don't list a total number or say unknown.

Something wrong with the character designs? Looks like a college student drew it? WHAT? Kyouran Kazoku Nikki looks like it was drawn badly, the animation quality in this series seems pretty good to me
tongue.gif

The only thing that bugs me is how Kuchiha wraps her long hair around her neck like a scarf
blink.gif

That being said, nothing about the show really caught my eye... the characters seem interesting but so far I don't have this *I HAVE TO WATCH* feel. I think I will definitely watch a few more eps before I make my decision. I'm curious about how Toki ended up there... maybe the monster appeared at the bridge at the museum and transported him then...? And why were both Toki and Kon chosen... hmmmm!
PS. glad to hear Paku Romi's sexy voice again... it's been awhile
smile.gif

I personally didn't mind the animation to much. It could develope further. I reallly can't wait to see where they take this.

Omg WHY does that guy has to be called Tokidoki? XDD I have to think of Mokona from xxxHolic and Tsubasa Chronicles everytime
I think it's a weird story, but it has something nice. I like Japanese mythology, spirits, stories, creatures, etc etc but imo Tokidoki is too uhm... boyish? like in a young puppy-like way.
Can't wait to see more. I wonder in what kind of weird way they'll get back to the time where they belong.

btw, *random flashbacks of rurouni kenshin* XDD

QUOTE (Noshi @ Apr 20 2008, 08:56 AM) btw, *random flashbacks of rurouni kenshin* XDD
Me too, and for good reason. The director, series composition, and screenplay are all done by Kazuhiro Furuhashi, who was the director of Rurouni Kenshin and the Samurai X OVAs

This one has definitely caught my attention. It's been a while since I've seen a good Edo-period anime with nice sword-wielding action. I've always been a fan, and I'm hoping that this will be my fix.

As far as art and character design, I don't know what you guys are talking about. How exactly does it look like 'some college student' drew it? And that aside, I know many college students who draw as well if not better than the majority of mangaka and such in the professional world >_> Anyway, I think that so far the art/animation/etc is just fine.

My last note is Noshi's comment about Tokidoki.
tongue.gif
In case you didn't know, tokidoki (ときどき) is essentially "sometimes", like a 50/50 thing, which seems to fit the character profile so far, and will probably be enunciated on as the series continued. I'm personally surprised I didn't see a translator note on the matter because it is kind of important...

This seems worth picking up and it has a good plot. A bad history student getting sent back to edo, the interesting part is the circumstances.

I agree on design, it's alright, Toki's face will take some getting used too because of his big eyes. Kon sort of reminds me of Sanosuke from Rurouni Kenshin, put a headband on him and they look alike. The hair scarf was a little weird with Kuchiha but I guess that's supposed to make her cool.

Overall the episode was good. Been a while since my last historical show, this has my attention so i'll be watching.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back