Vampire Knight

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

JCDRANZER

- Sky King
Retired

Title: Vampire Knight
Japanese Title: ヴァンパイア騎士
Genre: Drama, Romance, Shoujo, Supernatural
Premiere: April 2008
Animation Studio: Sudio DEEN
Producer: NAS
Original creator: Matsuri Hino
Director: Kiyoko Sayama
Character Design: Asako Nishida
Official Website: http://www.vampire-knight.jp/

a900914lq8.jpg

Cast:

* Yuki Kurosu - Yui Horie
* Zero Kiryuu - Mamoru Miyano
* Kaname Kuran - Daisuke Kishio
* Takuma Ichijou - Susumu Chiba
* Hanabusa Aidou - Jun Fukuyama
* Akatsuki Kain - Junichi Suwabe
* Senri Shiki - Soichiro Hoshi
* Headmaster Kurosu - Takehito Koyasu
* Sayori Wakaba - Kana Ueda
* Shizuka Hio - Keiko Sonoda

Plot:

Yuki's earliest memory is of a stormy night in winter, wherein she was attacked by a vampire... And then rescued by another. Now 10 years later, Yuki Cross, the adopted daughter of the headmaster of Cross Academy, has grown up and become a guardian of the vampire race, protecting her savior, Kaname, from discovery as he leads a group of vampires at the elite boarding school. But also at her side is Zero Kiryu, a childhood friend who’s hatred for the creatures that destroyed everything he held dear, is now determined never to trust them. This coexisting arrangement seems all well and good, but have the vampires truly renounced their murderous ways, or is there a darker truth behind their actions. Is Kaname's infatuation with Yuki the beginning of a forbidden romance, or is it something in her forgotten past that draws him to her. Because in this world of secrets, nothing is as it seems. And the price of misplaced trust may even be worse than death.

(~from ANN~)

If I remember correctly it was Chii who introduced me to this series...........its really good......its sooo good in fact that I read it in "UTTER SECRECY" and I remember talking about this series becoming an anime in the Vampire Knight MANGA thread at FTV.
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

Looks like JCD is back to his old workings. Just make sure to host your own pictures and not just copy straight from ANN like you did cause then we get that message instead of the picture.

Well I'm looking forward to this. I'm not caught up with the manga yet as I've only read the first 4 volumes so far, but I'm loving it. Unfortunately I don't think they can really capture the great art of the manga in the anime.

Yup thats exactly what Chii told me when I told her that there was a rumour about there being anime and I can see why.....its gonna be incredibly difficult....the sharpness, the gothicness....I'm not sure how its gonna be captured but I'm thinking there's gonna be a Zombie-Loan type look for this anime.
wink.gif

I hope they will really stick to the story. The manga is really sweet. As I am a fan of Kaname, they did a pretty good job.
tongue.gif
Some will disagree that Kaname is cooler than Zero.
I agree about the "gothichness" and all, it'll be quite interesting how they'll animate this. I'm so looking forward to this.

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Feb 07 2008, 11:42 PM)
A9009-14.jpg

'Use your own images' lmao
Thought it was already a common knowledge it's unethical to link images directly from someone else's site and increase their bandwidth burden
biggrin.gif

I'm probably most excited for this anime, out of all future anime releases.. (well not including Code Geass 2
tongue.gif
)
I was going to read the manga, but maybe I'll watch the anime first... since I'm not sure if I will enjoy it as much if I already know whats going to happen.. thats just me though
sad.gif

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Feb 08 2008, 09:04 AM) 'Use your own images' lmao
Thought it was already a common knowledge it's unethical to link images directly from someone else's site and increase their bandwidth burden
biggrin.gif

Okay...Okay...LOL....did it.....used imageshack to host the pic.
biggrin.gif

Labby....read the manga....the art is of another level and I do not think the anime is gonna be able to pull it off unfortunately but we will see in April. Since, April is in a long distance in the future.....you should read the manga. READ IT!!
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

It is I, Julez, not Labby who needs to read the manga, Labby is a big fan of Vampire Knight manga last time I checked
laugh.gif

The thing is... I don't usually read mangas, especially those that have an anime series spawned from them because I think it'll ruin my enjoyment if I know what's going to happen next. For example, some that have read the Death Note manga found the anime to be quite boring, whereas I thought it was really exciting because I didn't know what was going to happen next...
But you do have a point about the artwork, I've glanced at Vampire Knight before in Shoujo Beat, and the artwork is quite nice. The picture you posted from the anime version looks good, but who knows how consistent the artwork will be... also the guys kind of remind me of the Fruit's Basket characters, just the way their face is drawn.
One more thing, I generally like animes produced by Studio DEEN: Fruit's Basket, Fate/Stay Night, Higurashi, to name a few
wink.gif

Therefore I think there's a really good chance that they'll do a fantastic job on the anime adaptation of this manga...
smile.gif

The anime art disappoints me ... but what can you do?

And I need to catch up on the last few chapters of the manga because people on LJ spoiled it for me already
dry.gif
But it'll be interesting to see how the anime follows the plotline - and maybe I'll start remembering who some of the side characters are! (I can't remember any of the Night Class characters, lol)

Whoa....big big suprise...i wasnt expecting the anime till nxt yr since the manga(the enligsh version in my country that is) is still only up till vol. 5....oh wells i wouldnt mind the anime overtaking the manga...XD

like the pics of the 3 tho...awsome...kanames as cool and gorgeous as in the manga...yukis adorable as ever...dint expect zero to be so...um..pale tho...still...like the silver hair...looks...sexy...i tink...>.<

so um...any ideas how many episodes this is gonna be? i wanna savior all the bishoujous and bishounens in this one...specially the night class/vampires...i tink theyll look absoulutely spectacular...XD >.<

Well I for one can't wait this is one of my favorite series and I will be waiting for the series to air like a small child waits for Saint Nick on Christmas.

Oh....i really don't care if they made it into an anime, i just know that they won't be able to keep the story line the same. The last time (which was a long time ago) i watched an anime i was greatly dissapointed, not only with the voice actors but with the story. It was Fruits Basket. Ayame was my favorite character and they made him sound like an idiot (which he was but i didn't quite picture him speaking like that) while Yuki spoke very femenine (in English he spoke v e r y s l o w l y)
And the story only ended differently than the manga, since they stopped in volume 6 of the manga and made it final in the anime.
So you can imagine.
Well for those of you who are looking forward to the anime.....go for it!
But i'll just be waiting until spring for vol.7, i just can't bring myself to buy the LaLa magazine for fear that when i do look at the pictures i decide not to buy the book (when i'm still collecting them) because i would already have a portion of it. Besides, who likes being kept in suspense? (Not me!)

Just read the manga. It's definitely something i'm going to pick up. I read chapters 1-36 straight in one go and it kept me entertained.

The PV was released at last... ugh, I was waiting for it. The background music for it was the OP, "Futatsu no Kodou to Akai Tsumi" by ON/OFF. Well, the PV would be more beneficial if there were more scenes from the anime
unsure.gif
I still can't decide if the anime will be as dark as the manga. Well, here is the link for the PV:
http://www.vampire-knight.jp/special.html

Well, I finished watching the raw several moments ago, thank god I read the manga, otherwise I would get even the slightest idea what was going on... still not enough knowledge of japanese... Anyway, the art was great for me and the story seemed fairly close to the manga. So it is definitly a big fat + , And it will be one of the top anime I'm going to be watching this season. Waiting for subbed version.

P.S. The opening is gorgeous. And I think the art is fairly "dark" IMHO.

Just finished watching the raw. I think they did great with the animation. The flow of the story is just about right, I mean they didn't add any unnecessary things and it just flowed like the manga. The only disappointment that I had was the OP song. Sorry, but I thought they'll put a great song but the OP animation is great. Love the ED though. It really fits the story, in my opinion. Dark and full of mystery.
wink.gif

I'll give this 9 out of 10. I can't wait for the subbed version. I'm really anticipating the next episode.

Btw, for the fans of Zero, he actually looked good. But, as I am a fan of Kaname, of course, I was ecstatic seeing him, hot and sexy. What more can I ask?
wink.gif

I wonder which Fansub group is gonna pick up this Series I hope Shin Sub does not DB since their bitching about the leeching and all.

I thought it was going to look a little more bishoujo but I had forgotten is another vampire anime, so basically that's how the graphics turned out. Like another vampire anime, nothing original but better feel that bishoujo. Chars still look it though. Yuki came out much better than I anticipated.

When I heard about this, I had a high hopes already. I just knew it would be one of the best things to watch this season. I expected a thrilling plot, interesting characters and beautiful animation...

Man...how wrong I was about it >.>

EP1 was quite boring. Yea the premise, etc - all good. But oh...where's the story?
If EP2 won't change my view on this, I am sure as hell dropping it and never touching it again...

Classic shoujo stuff >.> Pretty bishonens, absent minded girls and VERY strange animation style...
And oh, did I mention that I hate overrated stuff? You know, when people go on "oh its great" without even seeing it >_> (Clannad i'm looking at you)

What can I say...not my cup of tea...

I expected something more...interesting and dark...

i read part of the manga a long time ago... wasn't it shoujo? i think it was and thats why i stopped reading
laugh.gif
i don't think i'll take a look at this one, looks like it'll be aimed more at female audiences... dont misunderstand, it may still be good regardless of its origin just not my thing to watch this type of stuff

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back