Why do you dislike homework?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

anime_angle

Kouhai
i dont know about you but i really dont like home work
mad.gif
i mean think about it we do are work at school already but then even more work whats up with that
huh.gif

QUOTE (anime_angle @ Feb 04 2007, 05:32 PM) i mean think about it we do are work at school already but then even more work whats up with that
huh.gif
Practice? Learning how to master a concept is not something you can learn. It needs some practice to get the hang of it.

P.S. I think I might make a few enemies with this reply
unsure.gif
unsure.gif

QUOTE (Bold @ Feb 04 2007, 10:48 PM) P.S. I think I might make a few enemies with this reply
unsure.gif
unsure.gif

Not with me..
laugh.gif
I completely agree.. You can't learn to drive a car or fly a plane by just reading the manual.. Nor can you learn about guitar from a book and be able to play it swiftly.. Same applies for everything in life.. Everything requires some sort of practice.. I myself struggle with homework quite often.. I seem to work till early in the morning sometimes having to hand it in the next morning.. As much as I dislike doing it, I think homework has helped me learn certain materials efficiently
wink.gif

It's when a subject is completely boring to me that I may consider homework to be a true pain. I may put off assignments alot, but when it comes down to crunch time I have no trouble getting it done, especially with the subjects I actually enjoy. So no, I don't usually find homework annoying, I think I got to do and I'm learning something new and more info equals more knowledge and more knowledge equals more possibilities that open up before me and that's always a good thing in my eyes. Just try to do the best you can with whatever you're confronted with.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (anime_angle)i dont know about you but i really dont like home work
mad.gif
i mean think about it we do are work at school already but then even more work whats up with that
huh.gif

Lol, I do understand how you feel about homework. It would be so much easier to just play around and have fun instead of doing your homework. Actually, I had the same kind of reasoning as you before but I found out later that homework is very important, trust me on that. You might say that the work you do at school is enough but that's not always the case.

The fact is that teachers do not give you homework because they like it but more so to help you better grasp the lessons learnt at school. Practice makes perfect, that saying is so true here.
smile.gif

There's a thing called control? It's something thats in all of us that we use everyday; control in cooking,eating,driving, and of course HomeWork. These can be conjered into multitasking it is very common to see someone driving and eating actually i see it all the time hell even i do it, it's that bit of know-how-to-do work that can keep you going till your tired or stop for any reason. Non-the-less i would definatly find it easy to eat an apple and do homework, i find that eating helps when you have eager thoughts about stopping. It's not like homework is life you might have free time and wonder off into lala land as i call it (sleepy time) i often do this 2 hours of the day where i sit and look at the wall or T.V
dry.gif
Thats just the point where you stand up and say i must get something done. You end up doing something else instead.
huh.gif

Man homework hell no!! I never done any homework unless it's a project that had to be in like the end of the week or the following week.Project's are the only work i done at home any other school work just left that,got in trouble everytime we had to hand it in or give the anwser to the question's.High school and primary school never done homework always got held at in class got thrown out of class all the time in high school i even got thrown with a duster cuase the teacher could'nt take me not bringing homework,after getting thrown with the duster couple times and my bag thrown out of class the other ppl in my class felt sorry for me i guess and some of them did 2 sets of homework theirs and one for me different to theirs ofcors especially the girl's they started doing it all the time until i felt shit and told them to stop but a few of them always asked me if they should do it and yes i ended up dating 2 of those 4 girls who did my homework for me
wink.gif
don't think i'm talking shit cuase im not true story happened couple years ago now im 21 now so about 5 - 6 years ago i left school after grade 9 so i'm a good example of why u should do ur homework,i was stupid the and stupid now i also hated studying still do.Studying i also done but only a day before the test and for 2 hrs
wished i had finished school and gone studying after but it's cool making descent money now selling.fixing and building up full p.c systems on the side and working at the i-cafe to get clients that don't want to buy here at the shop then i tell them buy by me just sold my own one again to my friend and sitting with no p.c at home gonna build new one but not now first got to buy engagement ring.So im not that disopointed in not fininshing school but to get a better job that is crapp i got no qualifications not even high school so all i can say is don't make the same mistake i did
mad.gif

I used to do homework in high school because the competition to be the best drove me to have a high grade point average. Then in college that all fell out the window. I had no direct competition and being an overachiever lost meaning.

Though i due strive to contain a great amount of knowledge since they say it is power. Though i can get that knowledge by watching the discovery channel and reading on my own. Since i don't strive to have mathematical knowledge I get to bored by solving tedious equations that I won't use in my everyday life.

But for young people homework is essential you gotta know the basics are you will be clueless later on in life. You will think you know more than you do and become annoyances to people who actually have studied and are knowledgable...the most annoying thing is to have to be bored by people who spout off things they know little about and or just opinionated...Personally it doesn't really bother me since i have the ability to tone you out and let you ramble because I'm sure I am guilty of that at times...

Can't remember disliking homework from school as I don't go to school anymore and that's why I'm in my gap year...............hehehehehehehehehehe
biggrin.gif

Bye

Meh, you are such a lucky guy JCDRANZER. No homework to do at all, the dream for every student. Actually, I'll second what senpai-kun said. What you said about homework for the youngsters is just so true my friend. I'll have to admit that when I was still a kid, I always did my homework and study and study just for the sake of pleasing my parents. Besides competition was fierce, not only in class but also at home, my cousin has always been considered a genious, scoring high grades everytime. And indeed, the guy sure has become successful in his life. I just have to strive and achieve at the very least half of what he did.
huh.gif

Yeah i mean my parents were always comparing my brother to our next door neighbor, and I always thought that was unfair. I mean the kid was a boderline genious and that kind of pressure was unneccessary in my opinion. I would just tell him to do his best and not worry about being the understanding great big bro that i am lol...

So competition can be a positive as well as negative factor. For me it was positive for my brother I would say it had more negative affects. But you know what you live and learn as you get older you realize to just do the best you can and try and be happy...man i am getting way to philosophical with free time on my hands...

I HATE doing my assignmets for college and I HATE studying but you do it because you have to, you dont get a choice you do it or you fail what would you rather do? A couple of hours a week doing homework for failing and ending up in a gutter, your choice really and no offence, whining about it wont help you.

Why do you dislike homework.... Because when I*m doing my homework, i cant watch anime or read manga.
sad.gif
sad.gif
I had try to do all my homework at school when I have a break, but there is so much to do so it´s impossible. I must do about 1-3hour of them at home per day. That is my limit. I think it´s ok to me if I spent 1-3h doing my homework. BUT if it takes more than 3 hours then I dislike them. I need some leisure time ---> When it comes to Friday I wont do any of my homework. There must at least be one day once per a week when u can just chill..

The very simple truth about homework is that teachers assign it because they hate their students. I mean there are some subjects that i can understand having homework from, such as English or History to do the reading, but i believe that anything else can be learned in class. I rarely, if ever, do my homework and i still manage to pick up the material just fine. I believe that homework should be optional, so that if u want and feel that u need the practice u can do it, however if u have a perfect understanding of the material then u shouldn't have to waste your time on it.

I do homework only in Math... Math is something you can't really master without practicing.. other subjects? For example in History if I find that there is some interesting event that I'm not really familiar with, i'll just read wiki-article about it ^^

QUOTE (Kashimir @ Feb 08 2007, 05:45 PM) For example in History if I find that there is some interesting event that I'm not really familiar with, i'll just read wiki-article about it ^^
Be very careful when doing this of course. The university history course I'm taking, that's what a bunch of people did instead of doing their homework. And a lot of them lost major marks on the test because wiki was wrong. My TA was not impressed and lectured us about it
dry.gif

While homework can seem trivial at times, there is a reason it's assigned .... most people are amazed that I have homework assignments every day at university, but apparently the Japanese language department is a lot stricter than most departments here (and I'm glad, I need the practice!) But the useless homework was always a pain ... like grade elevens having to colour in world maps
tongue.gif

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Feb 08 2007, 11:57 PM)And a lot of them lost major marks on the test because wiki was wrong.
That's a lie!! Wiki is allmighty!!
No.. What you said is true.. wiki is after all based on data given by users.. Even I could go and write an article to wiki (actually have written few anime related ones..) ^^

Chiisai, I shouldn't be saying this but, if you're going to use a source of information, you should stop using wiki so frequently...... http://scholar.google.com/

QUOTE (noob @ Feb 09 2007, 03:50 AM) Chiisai, I shouldn't be saying this but, if you're going to use a source of information, you should stop using wiki so frequently...... http://scholar.google.com/
Hmm that is kinda interesting new feature in google.. I wonder how I have managed to miss this one.. Google has evolved once again... It somehow sends chill down my spine ^^

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back