Kokkoku

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council
kokkoku-1-768x1082.jpg
Kokkoku.jpg

Titles: Kokukoku (Moment by Moment)
Japanese: 刻刻
Airing date: 7/1/2018 (TV series)
Genres: Drama, Mystery, Psychological, Horror, Seinen
Original creator: Seita Horio
Director: Yoshimitsu Ohashi
Written by: Noboru Kimura
Music by: MICHIRU
Character designer: Yasuomi Umetsu
Studio: Geno Studio
Network: Tokyo MX, BS11
Opening theme performed by MIYAVI Vs KenKen

Main cast: Juri Yukawa (佑河樹里) voiced by Chika Anzai
Shōko Majima (間島翔子) voiced by Asami Seto
Grandfather (じいさん) voiced by Kazuhiro Yamaji
Junji Sagawa (佐河順治) voiced by Hozumi Goda
Takafumi Yukawa (佑河貴文) voiced by Koji Tsujitani
Tsubasa Yukawa (佑河翼) voiced by Hirofumi Nojima
Makoto Yukawa (佑河真) voiced by Ryuto Iwata
Shiomi (潮見) voiced by Yuya Uchida
Sako (迫) voiced by Hiroyuki Yoshino
Official website: http://kokkoku-anime.com/

Synopsis: Juri Yukawa lives with her NEET father and brother, her retired grandfather, her sister (a single mother) and her young nephew. One day, her nephew and brother are kidnapped for ransom. Having only 30 minutes to meet the demands of the kidnappers, Juri, who realizes there is not enough time to prepare the money, decides to head for their rescue by herself with knife in hand when her grandfather uses a mysterious stone passed on in the Yukawa family to stop time. In a world where everyone and everything are inert, Juri and her father and grandfather run to rescue the two. But at the kidnappers' hideout, they soon realize they are not the only ones who can move about in this still world...

gdpetti said:
Kokkoku... time stops.... could be interesting.
More than Inuyashiki's awkwardness (dropped), what an ep'1 plot'twist here!:eek:

Just saw first ep of Kokkoku, rather well done as a setup, though it makes you think of how the family got in this situation in life to begin with, but the 'others' that show up point to that in some way... interesting. Good first ep. Only complaint is the subs are so small.

Tried to watch Popu tepi pikku but it doesn't make any sense... could be that it doesn't translate? doesn't make any sense... maybe you need to be 3 or 4 years old? I stopped half way through it... not funny, didn't laugh once... and they even had a short little bit about this 4 panel manga not working as an anime... well, they are right.

gdpetti said:
Just saw first ep of Kokkoku, rather well done as a setup, though it makes you think of how the family got in this situation in life to begin with, but the 'others' that show up point to that in some way... interesting. Good first ep. Only complaint is the subs are so small.
That's why I waited for #1 subbed better to see complete, why Ajin wasn't 2D-animated with 3D-0nly freaks like here?!... My guess about his family issues by ep'2, the grandpa didn't wanna mess with 'Herald's rules unless it gets dire -_-

Kokkoku is the standout so far from what I've seen. :ph34r: I like this stuff....
Kokkoku: Juri Yukawa was a young mischievous girl living with her family, but unknown to her that her family holds a secret on stopping time. When her brother and nephew was suddenly kidnapped by a cult named the "True Love Society", her grandfather used a special stone in order for her and her father to enter a world called Statis where time stopped still. Though when they venture through the Statis to infiltrate the cult's hideout, they met with other people who can move through the strange world as well as strange grotesque monsters living in it. Juri herself will discover the secrets behind the stone and Statis itself, as they slowly unfold right before her..

gdpetti said:
Kokkoku is the standout so far from what I've seen. :ph34r: I like this stuff....
me too, AotS up to ep.3 while its MC awakened her ability expelling Specters... I'm really interested in this review tomorrow, explaining timestop effects etc :)

That link didn't work for me... I do feel the need to pause it whenever they give out so much exposition at once.... but it doesn't help if you don't already know the lingo being used.... so I'm just letting it go, and the words should make sense soon enough. This is based on a manga.... so its' readers would already know the terms being used..... but you can see elements of other works in this... but it's pretty good so far... seen other stuff like this, but this is nicely done... so far anyway.... the writer seems to be treating the readers/viewers the same as our MC... .this is all new to her as well... .so it'll make sense to us when it makes sense to her... I think. :unsure:

Grandpa needs more practice with that limited teleportation.... lack of practice would be the problem most likely... as it seems he's not used this stone much, at least not recently... next ep should get the two pairs back together... that kid is making a lot of noise is all I could think of.... but it's all new for him as well... the older brother seems to remember doing this before... nice writing so far.

The older brother's 'Spector'? started to leave.... and then went back in... We're gonna need some explanation on this... unless the writer wants to keep the show in chase mode longer... Dad is still being held... and wasn't this 'Stasis' only for so long? so many minutes, hours? I forgot.

gdpetti said:
That link didn't work for me... I do feel the need to pause it whenever they give out so much exposition at once.... but it doesn't help if you don't already know the lingo being used.... so I'm just letting it go, and the words should make sense soon enough. This is based on a manga....
that's why I prefer anime usually, harder to tell who can move in the manga... ok link fixed! better ep'4, it'll make sense with Majima's past next (catchy OP);)

This is still my fav of the season.... our MCs are getting developed very slowly... at least by ep 5 you have an understanding of what's going on why.... that other woman's family situation... though no explanation for them having a stone yet.... and maybe she brought it to the group? Don't know, but it seems that group and her really have no more of an understanding than grandpa... hard to tell just yet... he has more experience with it, osis... while the group has past teachings on it.. osis.... So far, nothing on the kid or her brother.

Still a nice storyline... I like the OP for the motorcycle intro, not the music... nice start with the racing up on screen to start the show....

I think that our MC andn family and perhaps that other girl and maybe that guy will have to shut down this stasis and later restart? I agree that this stasis would be easily to deal with in anime than the manga.

gdpetti said:
Still a nice storyline... I like the OP for the motorcycle intro, not the music... nice start with the racing up on screen to start the show....
ok takunomi's 0P song is better but agreed about its intro, so far it's the best i have seen from anime studios lately... so as our MC can expel Herald specters too in ep'6, i wonder if 'insiders' have a time or despair limit to stay alive!:huh:

Nice development of the storyline... slow, but they use that pace rather well... I'm just not into the whole Ajin thing, whatever they call it that her family are in.... now it looks like her brother might be salvageable? Not sure on that ending, but no food or water... for years? sounds like Attack on Titan to me. :rolleyes: .... but I still like it.... I don't see any mention of an episode count, one cour or two? The manga stopped 3 years ago... it seems.

gdpetti said:
Nice development of the storyline... slow, but they use that pace rather well... I'm just not into the whole Ajin thing, whatever they call it that her family are in.... now it looks like her brother might be salvageable? Not sure on that ending, but no food or water... for years? sounds like Attack on Titan to me. :rolleyes: .... but I still like it.... I don't see any mention of an episode count, one cour or two? The manga stopped 3 years ago... it seems.
surely 1 cour if the manga ended after this Stasis got boring, yet I find it more interesting than most time'stop series... But yeah that 'big' bro still lives so her efforts weren't totally in vain, she shows unique 'gravity' powers until ep.8 <_<

Lastest ep seems like exposition ep... not a lot happening.. and I really don't like the Ajin/Attack on Titan thing/spectors or whatever they call them.. who remembers the made up names of these things in various anime or manga unless you're fans of it? I just let the words go by and try not to bother concerning myself about it... the 'bad' guy in this is looking :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ... hopefully the next ep gets better... I'm really getting tired of stasis at this point... just end it already and force a change of pace in the storytelling or something.. I hope the entire series doesn't stay in this mode till the end. :blink: :angry: I like the basics of the setup, but this 'bad guy' just seems rather ridiculous and this is a common problem in these fantasy storylines..... the 'good' guys are always ignorant of the situation they are in... the 'bad' guys seem to know about everything... until the very end etc etc. 'in the nick of time..' etc. With the latest ep, it seems the other woman knows yet more than she has informed the 'family'... and is it any wonder that father or the kids grandfather wasn't told anything? He's a total idiot that can't be trusted... not a good character IMO... the storywriter needs to 'ice' him... maybe stop stasis and free the brother who is more useful it seems now... next ep needs to get the pace up to speed and our MC up to speed as well... or this story will fall apart soon... especially as 'stasis' is getting boring, just look at the kid.. he wants to go back home and play some games... :lol: Doesn't that say enough? The writer wrote that, so hopefully this isn't a surprise! :ph34r:

gdpetti said:
the 'bad' guy in this is looking :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ... hopefully the next ep gets better... I'm really getting tired of stasis at this point... just end it already and force a change of pace in the storytelling or something.. I hope the entire series doesn't stay in this mode till the end. :blink: :angry: I like the basics of the setup, but this 'bad guy' just seems rather ridiculous and this is a common problem in these fantasy storylines..... the 'good' guys are always ignorant of the situation they are in... the 'bad' guys seem to know about everything... until the very end etc etc. 'in the nick of time..' etc. With the latest ep, it seems the other woman knows yet more than she has informed the 'family'... and is it any wonder that father or the kids grandfather wasn't told anything? He's a total idiot that can't be trusted... not a good character IMO... the storywriter needs to 'ice' him... maybe stop stasis and free the brother who is more useful it seems now... next ep needs to get the pace up to speed and our MC up to speed as well... or this story will fall apart soon...
well ep'9 got its unpredictable twists ;/ like how MC dad's ambitions end, after she breaks grampa's stone to save him... Also now that their kid awakened his own skill, the only way to beat an overpowered villain Is with Another one :lol:

Maybe... but obviously the MC's father is a fake and that will come out rather quickly it seems... leading to the next 'run' and plot point against their antagonist... I like the setup, but I'd prefer not to have this whole Ajin like spector thing... it isn't necessary and seems a trope... since it's popular in those other series, it's being used here.... or perhaps this one was before the others? :unsure:

I would've liked to seen them use the stone more.. in and out of stasis.... and why is our MC and her family so ignorant of this whole thing? They need a way to learn about it, or it seems rather useless to even have it.... and things that aren't needed, desired or utilized by a group are usually taken away... and the whole 'seeing the future or eternity' is really pushing it. :rolleyes: I like our family group of characters... but I'm really tired of this stasis. Isn't there another stone that the other group had? or the other woman's family? Oh well... we still have to get the brothers back, one at home and the other in or on the way to the hospital.... If this story is going to do so much exposition setup, why not have the other woman inform the family on the rest of what she knows? Something other than resorting to the usual chase dynamic... especially as I'm tired of this stasis.

gdpetti said:
Maybe... but obviously the MC's father is a fake and that will come out rather quickly it seems... leading to the next 'run' and plot point against their antagonist...
As expected they don't take long to find out he is, but their 'trump card' didn't last either in ep'10 ;( cannibalistic foe... would be easy if that kid could control him as full herald too, at least his past looks interesting next (outside Stasis!):d

Well, it's over... I started getting tired of it and started to fast forward a bit here and there to speed it up.... I did like the way it ended though... and that must be the end... no new work on it in the last 4 years I think... wasn't the mangaka sick? I forget, but again, the world setup needed to be done better IMO... at the very end they pull out the real 'creator' story... and the way that former priest/badguy did the glass threads was too much... then the child rebirth? It worked at the end, but that part was a :rolleyes: I thought.... but it did present a good plotline for later... so? :unsure: guess I can't blame the writer... it did work, but they allowed him to get away with too much for too long for someone that really didn't know much.. then at the end, the real creator just shows up to wrap it all up... a little too neatly unless the setup was better to start with.... like our MC has visions of her, learns the backstory... learns to return out of stasis, even if she doesn't learn how to restart it... which is probably for the best....

It was original more or less... different anyway... though the spectors I didn't like.... oh well....overall pretty good... but staying in stasis the whole time hurt the story IMO... and why have the family in possession of the stone if not knowing how to use it? Yes, explained by the real creator at the end for safety sake, but her husband could have just broke it himself... didn't make sense, and needed explaining.. but if the story is over, it really doesn't matter... only if the story took up where it left off... would've been better if our MC learned the other functions like the boy, her grandfather etc... because it seemed pointless otherwise.. but it did give her a definite sense of being alone, depressed etc... the world setup needed work and needed to be done early in the story... overall ok by the end... could've been much better... at the end you have an unknown in the real creator of stasis... unexplained, like most of the story of stasis. -_-

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back