Toradora!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

JCDRANZER

- Sky King
Retired

Title: Toradora! (TigerxDragon!)
Japanese Title: とらドラ!
Genre: Romance, Comedy, Drama
Premier: 1st October 2008
Original Creator: Yuyuko Takemiya
Director: Tatsuyuki Nagai
Animation Studio: J.C. Staff
Production: GENCO
Official Site(s):

1.) http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/toradora/
2.) http://www.jcstaff.co.jp/sho-sai/toradora-...adora-index.htm
3.) http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/toradora/

CONFIRMATION: - http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-...-to-be-animated

The premise of the male protagonist is extremely similar to the male protagonist of Midori no Hibi. I'm really looking forward to this series....hopefully....it will be a Fall 2008 anime.
rolleyes.gif

Story: -

Toradora!'s story begins with the male protagonist Ryūji Takasu who is frustrated at trying to look his best as he enters his second year of high school. Despite his gentle personality, he has a natural outer-appearance which makes him look like an intimidating delinquent so he is utterly hopeless about his chances of getting a girlfriend anytime soon, and does not have many close friends either. After being greeted by his hungover mother in the morning, Ryūji goes to school and is happy to find that he gets to be in the same class as his best friend Yūsuke Kitamura and crush Minori Kushieda. However, it is then that he unexpectedly knocks into "the school's most dangerous animal of the highest risk level" — Taiga Aisaka — who just happens to also be in his class.

Taiga has a negative attitude towards others and will not hesitate to snap at people. After meeting Ryūji, she takes an instant dislike for him. After a series of misunderstandings between Ryūji and Taiga, Ryūji is taken in by Taiga as her personal servant. Taiga comes from a rich family, though she moved out to live on her own due to family issues. Soon after Taiga learns of Ryūji's talent at domestic chores, she moves into the house next to his and gets him to do her housekeeping. Taiga spends a lot of her time over at his house, so much so that she could almost be considered a member of his family. Since Ryūji spends a lot of time with Taiga, he is opened up to her world and to a side of her that most people do not see. The two also attempt to help each other in order to improve how people view them. Unknown to them, however, people they know from school start to become curious about their strange relationship together and rumors begin to spread about them.

(~Thanks to Juhachi~)

Hmm... this sounds like an interesting romance series. I'm almost thinking about another person named Tiaga, and thinking does she have the nickname Tiger.

Never the less I'll check this one out just for the heck of it though.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Apr 03 2008, 10:59 PM) Hmm... this sounds like an interesting romance series. I'm almost thinking about another person named Tiaga, and thinking does she have the nickname Tiger.

Never the less I'll check this one out just for the heck of it though.
LoL to FSN.....I want to play the game so badly.
tongue.gif

Okay back to Toradora.....yeah, me too....I really want to watch this series. Only the first chapter of this manga has been scanlated and was done so earlier this year. I'm currently downloading the first chapter and I will voice my views soon regarding it.

Hopefully, ppl will start scanlating the rest of this series. I hope this will be a 24-26 episode anime and not a 12-13 episode one.
wink.gif

sound bit like they are my noble master but this one sound like it will be good to watch now its in my to watch list

I have done some research into this series, and even wrote the plot description JC posted above (from the wiki article), and I was very pleased to find out yesterday how it's being made into an anime, as I expected one was inevitable anyway. I'd say it's pretty much a definite that Rie Kugimiya (Shana, Louise, Nagi) is going to voice Taiga, and I'll be very surprised if she doesn't get the part.

Sorry about that Juhachi. Hehehe.....I forgot to put the credits this time.
wink.gif
Edited it my friend.
biggrin.gif

How much have you read of this series ?
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Apr 03 2008, 06:51 PM) Sorry about that Juhachi. Hehehe.....I forgot to put the credits this time.
wink.gif
Edited it my friend.
biggrin.gif

How much have you read of this series ?
rolleyes.gif

None, actually, aside from the first manga chapter, and having perused the raws for the next couple of chapters. I came back to say that that story description is not entirely factual, but gets the point across the same way. Either way, from what I can tell from some of the early manga chapters is that Ryuuji has a crush on Minori (Taiga's friend), and Taiga has a crush on Yuusuke (Ryuuji's friend). Early in the story, Taiga mistakingly puts a love letter addressed to Yuusuke in Ryuuji's bag which he finds later at home. Taiga comes in the middle of the night to kill him with a wooden sword because of their misunderstanding earlier. Eventually, she gets knocked out, and after she wakes up he gives her some food to eat. Next, she finds what I think is a love letter addressed to Minori from Ryuuji. Due to this, Ryuuji suggests to Taiga that they cooperate with each other in order to win the object of their affections. Ryuuji even says he'll do anything for Taiga's help with getting to know Minori better, and Taiga asks him "Anything? Just as if you were a dog?!" and he still says no matter what. Taiga likes this and leaves shortly after.

So basically, via Ryuuji's affection towards Taiga's friend Minori, Taiga has Ryuuji wrapped around her little finger and she gets him to clean and cook for her, as is stated in the story description above. However there are changes, like Taiga was already living next door to him (had moved in recently, and it's an apartment, not a house), and she has a second apartment in the city which is large and was filthy before Ryuuji cleans it up. However, even though Taiga agreed to a cooperation, she is still very reluctant to give Ryuuji time with Minori, though Ryuuji is desperate so he'll take anything he can get, even if it's the bare minimum.

The helping each other out thing reminds me of something I've seen or read before....I can't remember what it was.....I think its a dorama...not sure.
unsure.gif

I really want the manga to be continued being scanlated. I think the main problem with the scanlation group is that they are currently fixing up their site which is apparently their 2nd attempt as their 1st got messed up pretty badily.
wink.gif

Edit #1: -

Its kinda sad that his mother......is in a sense a whore in some aspects as her job is to serve alcohol and meant to flirt with male customers.....kinda sad but she has to do this kinda work to support her 2-member family. Leave that aside.........she's HAWT!! XD
laugh.gif

Edit #2: -

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh....I remember now, the dorama was a Korean one called "Full House".
rolleyes.gif
With some bits of Akuma de Shorou aka Devil Beside You, a Japanese manga, as well as, a Taiwanese Dorama with Mike He in it.
biggrin.gif

I just read the first chapter.....the translation contained an awful lot of mistakes but it was a good beginning overall....might've had a fast pace and a tiny bit confusing at times but thats probably due to the translations.
wink.gif

Juhachi, where do you get the RAWs ??
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Apr 03 2008, 08:04 PM) Juhachi, where do you get the RAWs ??
rolleyes.gif

I'm pretty sure I got them off of emule since the files are all still written in Japanese. You can find the rarest stuff on emule, I've found. That's also where I got the first Toradora! light novel, though it's not like I can read it.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Juhachi @ Apr 04 2008, 07:04 AM) I'm pretty sure I got them off of emule since the files are all still written in Japanese. You can find the rarest stuff on emule, I've found. That's also where I got the first Toradora! light novel, though it's not like I can read it.
tongue.gif

Can you give me a link please ?
rolleyes.gif

Yup.....the translation is awful for the first chapter.....too many spelling mistakes and gramatical errors. Just read the chapter again.
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Apr 04 2008, 12:10 AM) Can you give me a link please ?
rolleyes.gif

Yup.....the translation is awful for the first chapter.....too many spelling mistakes and gramatical errors. Just read the chapter again.
rolleyes.gif

http://www.emule-project.net/home/perl/general.cgi?l=1

I agree that the first chapter was really poorly edited, but it's better than nothing. Translating it myself is too slow anyway.
sleep.gif

Ah, that site......I guess I'll leave the RAWs alone for now....I'll get them some other time.
rolleyes.gif

Yeah, I guess the scanlation group didn't go through a QC check but yeah, its much better than nothing and I've seen more awful scanlations than this before.
wink.gif

You talked about manga a lot, but it's firstly a light novel, and the light novel is translated by Baka-tsuki, I believe they are at ch 4 or 5.

Anyway, when I first saw the light novel, I thought it was more similar to Zero no Tsukaima than anything else, and when I saw how Taiga treats Ryuji, I think I am right
tongue.gif

I have been following the translated novels by Baka-Tsuki, and apart from some grammar errors its pretty well written (can't vouch for translation, but it looks realistic). The manga follows the novels pretty close too, and is also being actively scanlated. It seems a lot like ZnT with the male lead being kind of wimpy, and getting dragged around by an abusive tsundere loli. Like everyone else, I think Kugimiya Rie would be a great voice for Taiga, what with her affiliation with moe and tsundere lolis...

I'll be following this for sure, unless they really mess it up. Maybe we can hope for a fall release?

Ok so do we have a confirmation date for this series as of yet? I'm kind of wondering sinc emost of the anime I'm watching here seems to either be stalled due to one reason or another, or happens to be going at a very slow pace.

Besides it kind of sounds rather interesting.

I have read the manga up to chapter 5 and I am really excited about anime release of this series. I also think it will be intresting to watch the two aoutcasts try to help each other get with the prson they love.

well i have read up to and including chapter 5 of the manga of Toradora and i must say that i am very excited for this to be made into an anime and cant wait for it now. I think it will be interesting enough to see hpw the anime will portray the characters especially the "Pint sized Tiger"
laugh.gif

it wil also be great to have Rie Kugimiya as the voice actress for Taiga.

i can't believe this is made into an anime !!!!
biggrin.gif
i read all the chaps that have been translated (5 chaps) and i must say it's really in my best 3 of mangas man i just can't wait to see the anime and it would be good as most people say to have kugimya rie as voice actress for taiga it really suits her and recommend the manga to every1 well i hope the anime will air soon once when i was reading the manga i though that it would be good that this is made into an anime but i doubted it would i really didn't expect this yay that makes one more thing to look forward to
laugh.gif

i think they realese the manga once in 2 weeks
huh.gif

Not to be a necromancer on this topic, but is there any news on when the first episode is released as of late, or did this series join that Do Not Fansub List?

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Aug 21 2008, 12:37 AM)Not to be a necromancer on this topic, but is there any news on when the first episode is released as of late, or did this series join that Do Not Fansub List?
Toradora will begin airing on October. Sorry I can't be more specific than this. As far as I'm aware this series is still unlicensed. So don't be alarmed!
wink.gif
JCD just likes to open his threads well early...
rolleyes.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back