Natsu no Arashi

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

mamori

-sama
Sempai
from ANN:

The January issue (on sale on November 26) of Square Enix's Monthly Gangan Wing magazine will announce that Jin Kobayashi's Natsu no Arashi! science-fiction romance manga will be animated
for release in 2009. This story from the creator of School Rumble centers on a boy named Hajime Yasaka who meets an older high school girl named Sayoko "Arashi" Arashiyama in an old town coffee shop. "Arashi" happens to have a secret that Hajime learns one fateful summer vacation.

Akiyuki Shinbo (ef - a tale of melodies., Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, MoonPhase) will direct off scripts that Katsuhiko Takayama (ef - a tale of melodies., Ga-Rei -Zero-, Rumbling Hearts) will oversee. The anime studio SHAFT will produce the project.

Source: Moon Phase Comments

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-...nimated-in-2009

My Thoughts:

LoL....not surprised that this is getting an anime and thanx mamori for reminding me about this, its been such a long time since I read the manga and I just remembering it being weird....its not normal....and the romance factor is hard to explain and in that aspect is similar to Kannagi in a way but a bit more **weird** and hard to comprehend because the male protagonist is just simply too young.
wink.gif
I will definitely watch this and the series will be a pretty short one and most likely will have 12-13 episodes.
rolleyes.gif
I actually might pick up the manga again.....guess I got to go RAW hunting...again.
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

Next year looks to be the year of SHAFT, with many of their projects being premierd in 2009.
biggrin.gif

Title: Natsu no Arashi! (Summer Storm!)
Japanese Title: 夏のあらし!
Genre: Drama, Comedy, Supernatural, Romance
Premier: April 2009 or Jily 2009
Original Creator: Jin Kobayashi
Animation Studio: SHAFT

Plot:

13 year-old Yasaka is a boy staying at his grandfather's house during his summer vacation. One day he entered a store and met Arashi, a beautiful 16-year old girl working there. After trying to protect her from a man who claims to have been hired by her family to take her back by force, Yasaka ran away with her and now she stays at his grandpa's place with him. It didn't take much time for Yasaka to figure out that his new friend is far from an ordinary girl, as she possesses mysterious powers. The plot thickens when he finds a 60 year old picture of Arashi and another girl named Kaja, and to the surprise of all Kaja suddenly appears, and just like Arashi, her appearance hasn't changed at all since then.

(~from WIKI~)

Random Pics:

This looks like it'll be a solid supernatural mystery anime, and because it's being produced by Shaft it has a lot of potential right there. Already added to my future watch list
wink.gif

QUOTE (julezia @ Jan 27 2009, 07:07 AM) This looks like it'll be a solid supernatural mystery anime, and because it's being produced by Shaft it has a lot of potential right there. Already added to my future watch list
wink.gif

I didnt even realize it was SHAFT and now I'm even more excited cause it's another project directed by Akiyuki Shinbo. Absolutely fantastic.

well i took a look at the manga, and i can safely say this will be on most peoples watch list unless they somehow manage to screw it up... i was suprised to find out what the "supernatural" was pointing at, and when i found out i just wanted an anime all the more
tongue.gif

WTF?

Not what I was expecting, though it's SHAFT so I probably should have expected it. OK, so take the Manga's setting and characters, throw the story in the garbage, then blend it into a manic paced technicolor comedic romp, and what did they end up with? I DON'T KNOW, YOU TELL ME!

I had a bit of trouble with the character designs too. Kind of keeping the style of the orginal but SHAFTing them at the same time. It at the very least will take getting used to if that is possible, becasue the eyes are too close together and it was tweaking my brain.

Even after all my blown expectations and confusion, I still come away somewhat positive feeling about this show. First, the cast which is great as expected. Second, the story was genuinely funny, though it certainly would have been funnier with some better character introductions. In fact it really felt like I was watching the 6th rather than the first epidsode, which give the time travel theme is actually a genuine possibility here. The OP and ED were good too.

As long as MFI doesn't jump on this like it did with most of the series I want to take a shot at this to see if it's worth watching.

In any case it might be something to fill my lineup for the season depending on its release date of course.

Time travel made to be horrible
laugh.gif
It's OK, I will probably watch the next ep; it is very sad that the crappy stream on Crunchyroll is the best available for the series - I wish there was a better way to get it. Their flash player makes the video all jerky and stuff for me.

i like this anime but i still read manga version it show how it begin this different to the manga

I didn't think the animation style was all that bad... the only thing that annoyed me was how much Hajime looks like Detective Conan
laugh.gif
though the character designs are definitely different, I think it's nice to see that they are trying something new. It didn't seem like a typical SHAFT production, though I noticed a brief reference to Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei when Kaya was giving the look of falling into despair when hearing about her missing strawberry shortcake
laugh.gif

It wasn't a typical first ep, I agree with Accipiter that it felt like something that should come later, after explaining the time traveling and giving us some character introduction. I think I will keep following this show, since it seems like it will be interesting.

Pretty good first episode, but I can definitely see why people think some of the designs are weird. Arashi, Kaya, and Kanako almost look like the oddball child of SHAFTs designs and Kobayashi's designs, though Arashi and Kaya's look eventually grew on me (not so much kanako's though). While the first episode was lacking a lot in the comedy for the most part I really like the time travel mechanic only cause they use it in really clever ways.

I watched the first EP and I would have to agree that the charecter designs are a bit strange, anyway I'm looking forward on the story not the animations
smile.gif

Wait where did you get to find the first episode anyways, or is this one of those CR or MFI Works?

Hmm.. Is the episodes in different order or something? Like Haruhi?

Because it gets straight into it without showing us the beginning.

QUOTE (JC-HoBz @ Apr 06 2009, 06:57 PM) Hmm.. Is the episodes in different order or something? Like Haruhi?

As far as I know this is the beginning.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Apr 06 2009, 04:53 PM) Wait where did you get to find the first episode anyways, or is this one of those CR or MFI Works?
Yup, it's on CR.

Check your PM if you want DL links. The quality is still as bad as free CR though.

QUOTE (JC-HoBz @ Apr 06 2009, 04:57 PM) Hmm.. Is the episodes in different order or something? Like Haruhi?

It's not going to happen -.-

Different ordered EP is often rare because most viewer don't like it, I also don't like it.

It looked to retro
I really was not impressed
It made me angry

Haiku's reveal more emotion imo!

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back