Comments about the Website/Forum/Blog

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

truth2belief

-dono
MATV Subs
I've noticed that there have been many, many comments about the site. One may actually be honest about their love for this site (or other related emotions). Many have posted here to express their concerns, yet while there are appropriate comments, there are also inappropriate ones, too.

New threads need not be opened to make a simple comment. Many in the past have been considered spam because of the inappropriateness. Thus, I think it'd be appropriate for comments to simply be posted in this thread. Spam will still be deleted, but if anyone has some sincere thoughts about this website/forum/blog, here's the place to put them.

Closed, theres already a duplicate thread here. Please use that one.

I think the "thanks" thread is totally different from this thread, and its purpose is to "say thanks to the team" the thread here that truth2believe has made is for general comments, and suggestions etc.

Topic re-opened as I think this isn't a duplicate with the "thanks" thread, and unless there is a better idea on where the comments should go, I feel we should at least give it a chance.

It should however be noted that we do have the "Voice of Change" for suggestions on all aspects of the site and its projects located here. Maybe this could be moved to that section by a mod insted if that area is better suited.

Meh i still feel it's kind of like a duplicate thread but since this is also for "suggestions and whatnot" then i've took it upon myself to just go ahead and move it into the correct section in Ando's post.

Not really... This thread wasn't meant to be in this section...

I created this thread for the miscellaneous section so that guests can post into this thread. In this place, it's pretty useless. In more clearer words, to take care of spam. Now if this thread can be moved back...

Personally, I agree with shinigamii. The thread seems to be a duplicate. For users who want to just say thanks or whatever, a thread exists. For users who want to give suggestions about improvements or ideas to help the site, the Voice of Change section exists.

That said, I understand the intention of the thread is to help collect all of the seemingly 'spam' posts (where random unregistered users make a single line post where they say "Hey, I really love this site! Thanks for giving me anime!"). However, I don't think the thread will have any effect. The users who make those posts don't bother checking to see if a thread exists that would be the proper place to post. They just create a new thread and away they go. Having this thread will just cause more work for Sempais/Mods seeing as we'll have to start merging threads rather than just clicking the delete button...

Now, my opinion having been stated, I will leave the decision up to another moderator to make. Further, rather than filling this thread with more off-topic posts (based upon the topic stated), please PM me or another mod if you disagree with the above or have a point to make.

Has anyone else noticed a bar appearing at the bottom of the page with things like "Share Page", "Fan Page", and "Chat with your friends" listed? I'm assuming this is something that was just recently added - or I'm completely blind and just noticed it - but either way, wtf is it? Why is it there?
Personally it's annoying the crap out of me. It takes up screen space, it doesn't provide anything useful, and if you click the 'hide' button and then navigate to any other part of the site (say, to a different thread, or when posting/editing a comment), it comes back up again. It's REALLY irritating me - I intentionally run my browser using minimalist settings (only thing there is is the navigation bar with forward/back, reload, home, and the address bar all in a row + bookmarks), and the bar at the bottom completely throws me off.
Is there a way to turn it off?
Anyone else bothered by it?

wow, I never noticed it before. Is that so bothersome?

By the way, in order to reduce spam, maybe it could be arranged, that this thread and related cousins, such as "are you new? introduce yourself!" would always appear at the top of the active threads list. Partially, the spaming comes from newbies not knowing that there might be an already existing thread for intruduction. Just an idea of mine....

Wouldn't have noticed the bar if you hadn't pointed it out... Could've been there for ages w/o me noticing.

Still, press "hide" - problem solved.

I just finished browsing on facebook when I visited FTV and I was like "huh"? What is this doing here? XD
Still need to figure out what it all does, don't have the time atm lol.

It's a Meebo bar! You can use it to chat to other people on instant messaging networks without needing to install any third-party software (such as AIM or MSN). As an temporary experiment, the bar right now is always included on every page. Clicking the "Hide" should keep the bar hidden on every page.

The Fansub.TV Fan Page on Facebook is being promoted & plugged right now. It is currently linked with the J-Zine.

QUOTE (daft27 @ Feb 28 2010, 07:35 AM) It's a Meebo bar!  You can use it to chat to other people on instant messaging networks without needing to install any third-party software (such as AIM or MSN).  As an temporary experiment, the bar right now is always included on every page.  Clicking the "Hide" should keep the bar hidden on every page.

The Fansub.TV Fan Page on Facebook is being promoted & plugged right now.  It is currently linked with the J-Zine.
A Meebo bar, huh?
rolleyes.gif
Interesting...I use the hide button and all gone...one of these days though, gonna try it out and see what happens.
wink.gif
Thanks daft! Can you reconsider, and give us back the delete button option? Just like this new feature was added, without anyone being told, the delete button option was taken away, without anyone being told.
wink.gif

The bar really irritates me. It's like took over and i can't do anything about it T_T. It makes me feel less in charge of whats on my screen and therefore making me feel irritated that i can't get it to go away XD

In all honesty i think id prefer a shoutbox. Make it a click link to the shoutbox which opens in a seperate tab. This would allow all people from ftv to speak to each other withought the need of having each others contact details/make an account.

I'm going to go ahead and rape your guys' screen to get my point across.
new_forums.png

Large Image is Large. lol

OMG LOOK THERES A TINY BAR ON MY LARGE SCREEN!!!111111.

Seriously, are you guys trolling or posting this seriously? I mean that little tiny bar went un-noticed until someone pointed out for me and I must say; it shall stay because it's meebo. If you don't like it, use the "hide" option.

Couple things:
1-Bar stays, hide it if you don't like it- Problem solved.
2-Shoutbox is out of question, moderating it would become absolutely impossible and if someone wanted, they could abuse it to no limits. We had a text chat feature not too long ago, nobody used it and thus it was removed. Putting efforts into things that aren't going to be used is a waste of time and therefore they will not happen.
3-Just..... stop trolling please.

Congratulations on having a massive screen, noob. Some of us DON'T. You know, like my little netbook screen which barely has enough room to show a post or two depending on the thread. Hiding the bar - as I already said - doesn't work because any time a page loads it unhides. If Hide actually made it STAY hidden then it would be fine. But having it pop back up every time I click 'add reply', change to a different page, or go to a different part of the forums makes it really frustrating. I like having control of these kinds of elements and it really bothers me when I don't.
So yeah, I was serious, and no, I wasn't trolling. The idea sounds interesting but I'd like the ability to turn it off or at least make it hide permanently, not have to hide it every time I change pages.

Well I managed to tell it to hide once and it's been hidden every time I browse around the pages here. Not only that, but I tested it to make sure it was just the fansub.tv site. Also, I came back to it and it is still on hide.

Also, I know a little bit about Meebo since the online radio station I work at every Thursday late afternoon has the chat feature. It makes it a little bit easier to talk to the viewers. This idea might actually undercut the TeamSpeak, but that's just a theory I have about this.

Also, noob some people don't have 17" high deffinition screens you know, but I can understand what some people are talking about. I mean suddenly seeing a bar at the bootom of your browser while you didn't even know if you downloaded something or not can scare or at least creep people out a bit.

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Feb 28 2010, 12:53 PM) A Meebo bar, huh?
rolleyes.gif
  Interesting...I use the hide button and all gone...one of these days though, gonna try it out and see what happens.
wink.gif
Thanks daft! Can you reconsider, and give us back the delete button option? Just like this new feature was added, without anyone being told, the delete button option was taken away, without anyone being told.
wink.gif

I'll trade you one sheep for one wheat (ref).
smile.gif

Well to those who complain, a simple install of Firefox and NoScript plugin can take care of the bar. I personally like having as clean a layout as possible, screen size being put out of the equation. I will say that I do stomach the ads since I know they are necessary for the running of the site.
biggrin.gif

Also, out of curiosity, will donations make a comeback anytime soon?

Are you screen sizes 7" or something? I've looked at this page using my 14.5" and 15" laptops + my other pc that had 17" monitor, using windows xp, 7, mac osx 10, ubuntu 9 and the bar went absolutely un-noticeable using any of the devices and or platforms. Maybe anyone who is having this problem have a 800x600 screen resolution? Hold on let me try that.

edit: I barely noticed the bar, again. Maybe it's just you guys?
edit2: @destroyah, yes a noscript would most definitely solve the problem except that it'd block out the ads at the top of the page too, from what I recall anyways. *shrug*. Wait- are you guys telling me the gigantic signatures in this board don't even bother you but that one little tiny bar is killing you? That bar is like.... as big as someone's post these days (minus the avatar and gigantic signature.
tongue.gif
)

QUOTE (daft27 @ Feb 28 2010, 12:22 PM) I'll trade you one sheep for one wheat (ref).
smile.gif

Ah...that game looks interesting. Never heard of it until now, thanks to you, daft.
Anyway, innovation is the name of the FTV game...and that is your specialty...
wink.gif
Me? I just like to watch...
tongue.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back