Karaoke MONSTER - (Closed March 2021)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

daft27

-nya
Retired
Seeking testers for Karaoke Monsutaa, a Fansub.TV project. Since this is a karaoke related item, you will be expected to sing!

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1859]

http://karaoke.fansub.tv/kminstall.exe

Whoa! That looks insane... Even I'd try with my cheap brand microphone on an app like that one. o_o; ... I just hope that I don't like... slip over my lines like I do irl. >.<;

It's all a matter of giving it a shot, right? What's the worst that can happen... >.> ... <.< ... Simon Cowell pops up and closes the room due to lack of passion? xD

*signs up just to join this project xDD*

Okay, actually this made me want to finally sign up.
I'm kind of interested, but my question is how does the program work?
And any requirements for testing? I mean, I've got a mic but it's a crappy one... -.-;;

QUOTE Teamspeak is the best way to test......or so I think

kit this program that Daft has actually made is a for the karaoke nights we arrange since he got fed up of Ts lowering the quality too much for everyone's liking.

Since this i karaoke then the only thing you will need is the program, a mic, your voice and one of your favorite songs to sing using your vioce and mic. XD
laugh.gif

Well as already know Daft im in. XD

QUOTE (shinigamii @ Dec 29 2008, 02:11 PM) kit this program that Daft has actually made is a for the karaoke nights we arrange since he got fed up of Ts lowering the quality too much for everyone's liking.
I was referring to testing the mic. So this program actually gets rid of the fuzziness now?

Requirements are:
1) you need to have Windows
2) you need to have a microphone
3) you need to have songs to sing (google your lyrics if you need them)
4) you need to be able to contact me via MSN, AIM or TeamSpeak. PMs aren't real-time enough

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Dec 29 2008, 06:28 PM)So this program actually gets rid of the fuzziness now?
I would like to think so. So far, it records your voice in fairly high fidelity.

sounds very interesting...
Just looking into the sample image is very exciting. Daft made the program? sugoi! *claps* you are really something
So is this something that we all link to, like TS? oh man this sounds like pretty epic programming

This looks very interesting I would like to test too =O I managed to get into the teamspeak servers, but unfortunately the people there seem to be afk very often o_o Awww Im sad I missed the christmas event because it must've been lively then =X (*cough*haveanothergatheringplease?XD*cough*) I'm wondering if all we have to do is download this program and tadah we can record ourselves? Or is it sharing like teamspeak?

Latest developments:

Karaoke MONSTER's server is coming together decently well. There's one or two more items that need to be finished before we'll be able to do our first Karaoke MONSTER night.

(Maybe the next big operation for KM is to make a IDOL MONSTER, where a 3d anime character is mocapped onto a stage.... hmm...)

It looks like there might be multiple play modes in Karaoke MONSTER. One of them is going to be a "Karaoke Party" system, where everyone queues up and takes turns singing while everyone listens.

I think another one might just be open play mode, where anyone can play any song at any time, and people can choose which song they want to listen to. I'm not really 100% sure on the mechanics yet ...

One other mode that might be worth pursuing is the private recording mode, where you can just sing and not broadcast it out for all to hear. It's an idea...

and yes, once you're online, you don't have to actually sing. You can just listen in.

This Karaoke MONSTER program is used because it provides a clearer sound than the teamspeak client. If that's the case, wouldn't it be better if everyone simply used Karaoke MONSTER, even if they weren't doing karaoke? In either case this development sounds very interesting!
smile.gif
I look forward to future developments in this program, keep up the good work daft!
wink.gif

EDIT - Guess this could be a problem for MAC/Linux users...
sad.gif
But Karaoke Monster could supersede teamspeak for Windows users.

I am planning to run a small test session soon, please add me to your MSN or AIM and send me a message if you are interested in participating. It's okay if you don't sing but I would prefer it if you could.

Thanks

Hay. I have a question. A friend wanted to join KM but she failed to run the application. >_o; She installed it but when she tried to open it she got an error saying that it couldn't start up and that it was going to finalize it.
She is now downloading the .NET framework it was mentioned.. Could that be it? o.o

By the way, she has XP.

QUOTE (Yggy @ Feb 21 2009, 04:11 PM) Hay. I have a question. A friend wanted to join KM but she failed to run the application. >_o; She installed it but when she tried to open it she got an error saying that it couldn't start up and that it was going to finalize it.
She is now downloading the .NET framework it was mentioned.. Could that be it? o.o

By the way, she has XP.
That would make the program fail yes but whether that is the problem or not can't be seen until she tries it with the .NET framework installed.

I don't understand what you mean when you say "finalize it" but since .NET wasn't installed that is probably what killed it.

It'll work after the .NET framework is installed, I came across the same problem when I first downloaded KM, after the .NET was installed it worked fine
smile.gif

Is this project still underway? If so, could KM be made into a karaoke sim kinda like Stepmania is a sim of DDR? If there is a will to do that I would like to help

QUOTE (Kazuki27 @ Jun 18 2009, 08:09 PM) Is this project still underway? If so, could KM be made into a karaoke sim kinda like Stepmania is a sim of DDR? If there is a will to do that I would like to help
As far as I know karaokeMONSTER is working and there have been a couple events where people met together on the program to sing songs and have fun.

I don't really understand what you mean when you say turn it into a karaoke sim since it is actually real karaoke. If you wanted to be ranked on your performance then that is very unlikely as you don't want to stop people from singing for fear of a bad score.

Oh, I was just wondering if it was a program that could be a 1P or 2P game that could be used as a party event
biggrin.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back