Forum: Opt-in Ads

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Rasqual

-chi
Kouhai
Hello,

I wondered if it could be posible to show the google ads on the forum. Currently, only guests get to see them and not regged users. However, I'd appreciate if you could tweak the boards and show them only to people that wish to see (and click) them (on the forum part only, that is).

The request may seem weird, but I always get to see the same links on the main page, it's sooo boring... What's more, I'm not really interested in logging out just to see the ads, lol.

Regards,

Why don't you just go to the forum first before logging in? That's what I do. Besides, not having to see the ads is nice (takes longer for pages to load sometimes, and just annoying in general). I agree it's important to click on them, but once I log in it's nice not to see them repeatedly.

How about a button "show me the ads" that launches another window with ads. For us who want to help but don't really want to see thmn all the time.

QUOTE (Redshift 6 @ Jan 15 2006, 12:24 PM)How about a button "show me the ads" that launches another window with ads. For us who want to help but don't really want to see thmn all the time. Don't forget that this forum is a commercial package that costs money. There is a limited amount of customization you can do with it.
It was not all custom writen.

If you hide the adds doesnt that reduce the "impressions" that generate revenue? Id keep it open

QUOTE (Bold @ Jan 15 2006, 01:25 PM) Don't forget that this forum is a commercial package that costs money. There is a limited amount of customization you can do with it.
It was not all custom writen.
Why don't you guys use an open source one like mercuryboard or something? Is Invision really that much better?

QUOTE (fourier @ Aug 12 2006, 01:20 AM) Why don't you guys use an open source one like mercuryboard or something? Is Invision really that much better?
Oh IPB is completely open source. (unlike what IPS is now advertising on their site, this is an older free version)

What I meant is that the framework is all built. So depending on what you want to add, it may not fit into the original design. I meant its not always easy to add a new feature in a clean way (clean in the sense "how it is coded")

Add are not a good thing to have to see at all what a strange request.

Well, I do not mind ads and such usually.. But I constantly get these redirecting ads on the frontpage that very much prevents me from doing just about anything on here.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back