Legendary Idol Eriko - Need Lyrics To Sub

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

krazybouts&s

-chi
Kouhai
Hello,

Live-eviL is planning to pick up the anime classic, Legendary Idol Eriko in a few months time. It dates back to 1989 and is an story of a 14-year-old rich girl, who after experiencing an incredible twist of fate, decides to become a singer. It's a down-to-earth story guranteed to bring tears to your eyes (and any Full Moon wo Sagashite fan is a potential fan;) . This anime was made to promote the real-life singer by the same name, Eriko Tamura, who made her debut the same year with the anime's opening theme 'Namida no Hanbun' as her debut song.

The project is full-staffed now and our only hold-up is we can't just seem to get the lyrics anywhere. Most people in our group are looking forward to it but non of us are in possession of the CDs.

As is the case with any idol story, this series poses great difficulties for any translator, due to the songs used throughout the story. Aside from the regular dialogue, idol stories are always very difficult to translate,because translating song lyrics from Japanese to English is exceptionally difficult - maintaining the emotional meanings is very important for any idol story, and adds a level of complexity not found in any other anime. And with a series dating back to 1989, the audio source is a factor too.

We're planning to fully karaoke and remaster all our music. We have 23 songs to do and in order to romanize and t/l them, we need the lyrics.
sad.gif
Guessing at lyrics = obvious chances of inaccurate romanization and translation. We need the CDs listed below in order to start on the series and continue it to the end. And yes, since Tofu is not t/ling it but I am, there's no chance of this project getting stalled, unlike the fates experienced by some of our other projects.

So if someone would please buy the following CDs for us and scan the lyrics provide us with them, it would be highly appreciated by all of L-E, especially me, who wouldn't be t/ling now if there was no Legendary Idol Eriko in the first place to get me into anime. Without lyrics, I highly doubt we'll be able to sub the series properly.

The CDs can be obtained from Yahoo! auctions. The sites are in Japanese but it's not essential to know Japanese to buy them. You need to be able to bid there and have to be prepared to obtain the CD's via Yahoo Auctions Proxy Services.

Here are the links for the CDs we require:

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r30224214

(just above 1 day left on the bid ~_~)

OR

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n45870742

(3 days left on the bid)

OR
http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g48121879

(13 hours left)

AND

http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k37908305

(6 days left ^^)

We are in desperate need of the songs lyrics covered in the above CDs.

Also, even if purchasing the CDs isn't possible, if anyone has the CD Lyrics booklets of any/some/all of the CDs below or are in possession of some of the lyrics from this show, please help us by providing them for our fansub needs.

CD list:

Idol Densetsu Eriko - OST Vol 1
Idol Densetsu Eriko - OST Vol 2
Idol Densetsu Eriko - OST Vol 3
Idol Densetsu Eriko - Best Hit Vocal
Tamura Eriko - Myself
Tamura Eriko - May be Dream
Tamura Eriko - Soyokaze no Prologue 'Istanbul Version'

CD Singles:
Tamura Eriko - Process
Tamura Eriko - Honki

If you could and would like to aid us in this matter, please contact me through forum pm, e-mail or see me in our IRC channel #[email protected].

Contact info:
Live-eviL Forums Name: Tsubasa
IRC Nick: Tsubasa/Tsubie
e-mail: [email protected]

*Tsubie is really hopeful.

Thank you,

-Tsubasa

Umm, I think this is considered spam, FTV doesn't allow this kind of stuff in the forum's. Also this doesn't belong in the Animes and Manags section. Just so you know, so don't advertise here.

Requesting the lyrics is fine, and would make this acceptable for the Anime and Mangas forum. It's the promotional method which may be the issue. However, it's up to the mods to decide if it's acceptable or not, so we'll have to wait for one of them.

But if you're topic is closed/edited, that's why.

correct me if i'm wrong (so i can close this topic), but this anime is not licensed by a US company. you aren't making any profit by subbing it, so i don't believe this is in violation of any ftv rules. i appreciate your efforts in subbing anime, but i still think this thread is dumb.

i want a motorcycle. i'd like to ride it and have a lot of fun with it, but i don't want to pay for it. someone, please send me about 3000 bucks to support my cause. you can contact me via personal message. thanks.
-ben

QUOTE (ben-sama @ Sep 23 2006, 11:57 PM) correct me if i'm wrong (so i can close this topic), but this anime is not licensed by a US company. you aren't making any profit by subbing it, so i don't believe this is in violation of any ftv rules. i appreciate your efforts in subbing anime, but i still think this thread is dumb.

i want a motorcycle. i'd like to ride it and have a lot of fun with it, but i don't want to pay for it. someone, please send me about 3000 bucks to support my cause. you can contact me via personal message. thanks.
-ben
Although its not licensed, the question is about the promotional method and approach that chiisai stated earlier on. That's what concerns me. However, since you feel the thread is somewhat dumb, I think I will close it *again* temporarily until some things are cleared up.

This thread has been moved to the newly created section for such messages.

Please review the section's rules.
Good luck with your project.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back