FTV-Subs

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu
Retired

UPDATE AS OF JULY 18, 2009
Fansub TV has started its own fansubbing group. We have released our first full fansub: Yoshimune Episode 10. Anyone who is interested or would like to help out please contact Kit-Tsukasa or visit us in our NEW FORUMS HERE or visit our IRC channel, #[email protected] for more details.
School Days DVD 4 has been released.

Current Project: School Days DVD and Yoshimune
We are currently looking for translators (TL) and translation checkers (TLC) for future projects. TL and TLC must be able to read and understand Japanese almost fluently. TL and TLC who volunteer will often be given the opportunity and/or priority to choose the project of their choice.
We are also looking for someone who would be willing to make us a banner. Please pm/ask Kit-Tsukasa for more details.

Release Archive:
School Days:
Episode 1: Torrent | DDL
Episode 2: Torrent | DDL
Episode 3: Torrent | DDL
Episode 4: Torrent | DDL

Special thanks to the following users for this release:
Kit-Tsukasa: Project Leader, Raw Fetch, and QC
langes01x: Typeset, Editor, Timer, and Karaoke
Kansatsusha-sama: Encoder
doomsayer: Encoder
AnimeYoshi: Scripts

Yoshimune
Episode 01: Torrent | DDL (Has been done by Froth-Bite & Scramble!)
Episode 02: Torrent | DDL (Has been done by Froth-Bite & Scramble!)
Episode 03: Torrent | DDL (Has been done by Froth-Bite & Scramble!)
Episode 04: Torrent | DDL (Has been done by Froth-Bite & Scramble!)
Episode 05: Torrent | DDL (Has been done by Froth-Bite & Scramble!)
Episode 06: Torrent | DDL (Has been done by Froth-Bite & Scramble!)
Episode 07: Torrent | DDL (Has been done by Froth-Bite & Scramble!)
Episode 08: Torrent | DDL (Has been done by Froth-Bite & Scramble!)
Episode 09: Torrent | DDL (Has been done by Froth-Bite & Scramble!)
Episode 10: Torrent | DDL

truth2belief/JinK: Project Leader, Raw Fetch, and Translator
langes01x: Typeset, Editor, Timer, and Karaoke
Kit-Tsukasa: QC
ImTakes: QC
doomsayer: Encoder

AIKa Zero OVA
Episode 1: Torrent | DDL

moshiburner: Project Leader, Raw Fetch, and Translator
truth2belief/JinK: TLC
langes01x: Editor and Karaoke
Kit-Tsukasa: Editor, QC
ImTakes: QC
doomsayer: Typeset, Timer, and Encoder

Please restrict to comments, feedback and constructive criticism here. Spam and offensive comments will not be tolerated to any of the staff here. All Forum Rules still apply. Most updates will be found in this thread, so keep checking back for future releases.

I can honestly say I DID NOT expect this at all from you guys!

I now wish I did better job in my japanese class, but anyways good luck with all this!

I just downloaded these two from the Torrent source provided, open'd both files to find no subtitles on either. Under the Video menu in VLC is says there are English subtitle track, clicking that does nothing. Are you able to post the subtitle file? I've seen the DVD before but i still don't enjoy downloading things for nothing :\

Thanks for the great work though, looking foward to some fansubs from you guys. :)

QUOTE (K-MAN; @ Jun 28 2009, 06:52 PM)I just downloaded these two from the Torrent source provided, open'd both files to find no subtitles on either. Under the Video menu in VLC is says there are English subtitle track, clicking that does nothing. Are you able to post the subtitle file? I've seen the DVD before but i still don't enjoy downloading things for nothing :\

Thanks for the great work though, looking foward to some fansubs from you guys. :)
VLC may require you to turn the subtitles on in addition to selecting which subtitle to display. Make sure that subtitles are turned on. Also use of VLC is not prefered unless you are on Linux or Mac. If you have Windows please try using CCCP (specifically Media Player Classic that comes with it).

There is no problem with the files as far as I know so it is likely VLC's fault especially if you can select the subtitle track.

QUOTE (langes01x @ Jun 28 2009, 08:09 PM) VLC may require you to turn the subtitles on in addition to selecting which subtitle to display. Make sure that subtitles are turned on. Also use of VLC is not prefered unless you are on Linux or Mac. If you have Windows please try using CCCP (specifically Media Player Classic that comes with it).

There is no problem with the files as far as I know so it is likely VLC's fault especially if you can select the subtitle track.
mm this is unusual, i've never had problems with my subtitles not once. Are there even subtitles for this project so far? Or is it because they are looking for subbers (the point of this thread) ?
I think i have that codec, but i'll re-install to double check. Hopefully this works out.

QUOTE (K-MAN; @ Jun 28 2009, 07:13 PM) mm this is unusual, i've never had problems with my subtitles not once. Are there even subtitles for this project so far? Or is it because they are looking for subbers (the point of this thread) ?
I think i have that codec, but i'll re-install to double check. Hopefully this works out.
Just tested episode 1 with VLC 0.9.9 win32 and it works though the subtitles are distorted, positioned wrong and in some cases (the kanji in the karaoke) flipped incorrectly. Subtitles disappear when the player is paused and the karaoke appears, disappears and then finally displays correctly (animated).

Basically VLC isn't perfect so if possible avoid it or at least don't tell us something is broken until you test the video with a different player please.

You all did an amazing job on this. Could not have asked for anything better, I look forward to see what else is made by FTV
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (langes01x @ Jun 28 2009, 08:22 PM) Just tested episode 1 with VLC 0.9.9 win32 and it works though the subtitles are distorted, positioned wrong and in some cases (the kanji in the karaoke) flipped incorrectly. Subtitles disappear when the player is paused and the karaoke appears, disappears and then finally displays correctly (animated).

Basically VLC isn't perfect so if possible avoid it or at least don't tell us something is broken until you test the video with a different player please.
Correct works fine in media classic, thanks and sorry for the missunderstanding. <3

QUOTE (K-MAN; @ Jun 28 2009, 07:13 PM) mm this is unusual, i've never had problems with my subtitles not once. Are there even subtitles for this project so far? Or is it because they are looking for subbers (the point of this thread) ?
My best suggestion is DON'T USE VLC. I have this same problem, but it works fine on Media Player Classic (MPC), which comes with CCCP. It might have been an encoding problem when we muxed the .ass sub file with the video. We will try to sort this out for our future releases. However, I would say that is not on our priority list since VLC is a really bad media player anyways. Not only do subtitles have problems, there are sometimes frame skips as well as color distortion and image stretching involved.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Jun 29 2009, 07:54 AM) My best suggestion is DON'T USE VLC. I have this same problem, but it works fine on Media Player Classic (MPC), which comes with CCCP. It might have been an encoding problem when we muxed the .ass sub file with the video. We will try to sort this out for our future releases. However, I would say that is not on our priority list since VLC is a really bad media player anyways. Not only do subtitles have problems, there are sometimes frame skips as well as color distortion and image stretching involved.
whats so special about VLC any way ?? why is every one insisting to use it? I know i mite be off topic but it just drives me crazy that every one keep asking about that peace of s*** player ><

VLC is a non-codec player. So in essence, VLC can play your movies without downloading those things and installing those things. VLC player basically converts the file into open GL and stuff without the need for troublesome codecs. And there are certain vista problems (if you don't have a CD key and are using a trial that expired) where you need a program that doesn't use codecs to watch your precious anime. There are other problems too.

A long time ago, codecs were such a pain. The codecs were often not compatible with your hardware. until some people programmed more codecs and gave people more compatibility with their hardware. Codecs have gotten more complicated, but it's of no worries if you have them all. That's what CCCP does. It gives you all of them.

I prefer CCCP or the new windows codec pack that came out. But I still keep VLC player as a backup.

Also a note about VLC player. A video with many video, sound, or subtitle tracks often aren't playable on MPC and WMP. only the default sound and video are playable. With VLC, all you have to do is right click on the screen and select the track. When you work with MPC, it doesn't even recognise a second track most of the time.

VLC player is also an Open source. It's safe, stable, lightweight, and fast. MPC player is lightweight and fast, but because of the codecs, not as stable and has to load codecs. When avi files have a broken index file, MPC can't play it, but VLC will repair and play the avi file.

MODs Note: Please use the Edit Button if you wanted to add more to your post.

I've started using SMPlayer. it's got pretty good codec support out the box, so to speak, and can use the windows codecs aswell if it doesn't find one internally. It performs a lot better than vlc, and it's got a great user interface. especially for selecting audio tracks and subs, just select from a dropdown at the top of the window. Also happens to be open source, and multi-platform, just like vlc, only miles better.

QUOTE (truth2belief @ Jun 30 2009, 11:42 PM)VLC is a non-codec player. So in essence, VLC can play your movies without downloading those things and installing those things. VLC player basically converts the file into open GL and stuff without the need for troublesome codecs. And there are certain vista problems (if you don't have a CD key and are using a trial that expired) where you need a program that doesn't use codecs to watch your precious anime. There are other problems too.

A long time ago, codecs were such a pain. The codecs were often not compatible with your hardware. until some people programmed more codecs and gave people more compatibility with their hardware. Codecs have gotten more complicated, but it's of no worries if you have them all. That's what CCCP does. It gives you all of them.

I prefer CCCP or the new windows codec pack that came out. But I still keep VLC player as a backup.

Also a note about VLC player. A video with many video, sound, or subtitle tracks often aren't playable on MPC and WMP. only the default sound and video are playable. With VLC, all you have to do is right click on the screen and select the track. When you work with MPC, it doesn't even recognise a second track most of the time.

VLC player is also an Open source. It's safe, stable, lightweight, and fast. MPC player is lightweight and fast, but because of the codecs, not as stable and has to load codecs. When avi files have a broken index file, MPC can't play it, but VLC will repair and play the avi file.

MODs Note: Please use the Edit Button if you wanted to add more to your post.
hate to tell this too you but it can do all the things you just said you just need to know how to use it ,if you have moltiple tracks subtitles and you need to select what do you want then you need to go to the filter and use vobsub(depense on the file which filter is the right one) any way if you know how to use it its better then any player out there the only thing i hate about MPC is that it dosnt have a good menu for subtitle loading you cant always load subtitle depending on some settings you need to change so you could manually select subtitles unlike BSplayer (wish they would add that to CCCP) that has a stable loading of subtitles and controls.

QUOTE hate to tell this too you but it can do all the things you just said you just need to know how to use it ,if you have moltiple tracks subtitles and you need to select what do you want then you need to go to the filter and use vobsub(depense on the file which filter is the right one) any way if you know how to use it its better then any player out there the only thing i hate about MPC is that it dosnt have a good menu for subtitle loading you cant always load subtitle depending on some settings you need to change so you could manually select subtitles unlike BSplayer (wish they would add that to CCCP) that has a stable loading of subtitles and controls.

People normally hate the hassle with working with Vobsub, like me. I'd rather just right click on the screen and select the subs. You can do that with media player classic, but it doesn't always work straight out like that. So, yes it does work, but not without more work.

But I wasn't talking only about subs. Animes with audio tracks that have both the English and Japanese language are another thing. The old and some new classics that were popular in both America and japan often have two languages. Fruits Basket, FMA, and a few others I can think of are even shared on the internet as dual audio. MPC doesn't give those options to switch audio tracks, again, without tweaking some things. I like hearing in Japanese with subs, not dubs with nubs.

For the daily fansub.tv anime otaku, MPC should be sufficient. It's been made nearly standard (for now) that all videos be in avi or mkv and sometimes MP4. These are playable on MPC and VLC wouldn't be needed. It's only those specially encoded things that other like to add in cause it's *better*.

If you want to save space, use RMVB format and have the file 1/3 it's size, which would require realplayer or a realplayer video compatible software. otherwise a good encoding jacket is just avi and mkv. In which case, MPC is just fine.

Just letting you know please restirct your comments to constructive critisism and not disscussin the different types of media players.

Thank you

Sorry, I go off on tangents pretty often. I do offer to do translations, translation checks, timings for you guys. I'll put them in an ass. file and give you notes along with them.

Anyways, back onto the real topic of this post.

Just curious, what made you guys decide to make a fansub of school days? Afterall, school days was done by m.3.3.w., yesy, devils-lair, AS fansubs, anonymous, conclave, and aniyoshi. The dvd version isn't much different either from what I've seen, the same ol' stalker-like makoto-kun.

EDIT: ooh and art too. And it looks like someone beat me to TLing. Would still like to help, though.

QUOTE (truth2belief @ Jul 01 2009, 04:11 AM)Sorry, I go off on tangents pretty often. I do offer to do translations, translation checks, timings for you guys. I'll put them in an ass. file and give you notes along with them.

Anyways, back onto the real topic of this post.

Just curious, what made you guys decide to make a fansub of school days? Afterall, school days was done by m.3.3.w., yesy, devils-lair, AS fansubs, anonymous, conclave, and aniyoshi. The dvd version isn't much different either from what I've seen, the same ol' stalker-like makoto-kun.

EDIT: ooh and art too. And it looks like someone beat me to TLing. Would still like to help, though.
More translators are always welcome so don't let one translator that we "already have" stop you. Send a PM to Kit or Hiasubi so we know what sort of level you are at and once you are accepted you could be translating one show and the other translator can do what they want. It may be harder to do multiple shows but I'm sure everyone would be happy to help. We could also find more editors or timers or whatever we need if it gets to be too much.

The reason we chose School Days was because there hasn't been a DVD release as far as we could see of the series and the raws were sitting there asking to be used
tongue.gif
So yeah basically all the other shows that we wanted to do we couldn't.

I am not sure where to ask so I will ask here. Will you be taking requests? Will you need any help as far as donations go in order to purchase DVDS? I can help in that regard...make a donation, at least. I wonder if you need help with proofreading, as far as the translated text in English? I have noticed some subbed animes where the grammar was off or punctuation was incorrect, or does it matter at this time? Anyway, please, let me know it I can be of any help be it with a donation or help with proofreading/edits. And please, let us know if you will be taking requests...I hope your fansub team will be open to all types of anime genres out there and not to just one particular type?
I have one in mind, to request and if need be, I can buy the DVD and send it over, but I will wait until I know what plans are to be taken regarding FTV members, making requests or if all of you are just gonna sub what you want.

I PM'd Kit-Tsukasa a few days ago, and he asked me if I had any preferences to anime. I just told him basically any. Anyways, I feel like I annoyed Kit, or Kit's busy.

I can't think of any anime's that I'd like to start TLing for FTV. So, if you guys have any requests, I can start right away. I can grab a raw and I can do the whole works or give you guys the file after it's been TL'd. It's just exciting to think I can work for you guys.

QUOTE (truth2belief @ Jul 01 2009, 11:51 AM) I PM'd Kit-Tsukasa a few days ago, and he asked me if I had any preferences to anime. I just told him basically any. Anyways, I feel like I annoyed Kit, or Kit's busy.

I can't think of any anime's that I'd like to start TLing for FTV. So, if you guys have any requests, I can start right away. I can grab a raw and I can do the whole works or give you guys the file after it's been TL'd. It's just exciting to think I can work for you guys.
Kit is pretty busy with work but yeah it's mostly up to you what you want to work on. If you have no preferences I'm sure Kit can find something that needs to be done or talk to ImTakes and see what show she wanted done.

Don't get too excited though because it's a lot of work and for the most part you don't hear from the people who are enjoying the work you did. Also if you're too excited you might get to where I am taking over other people's jobs. It's always a good thing to have multiple people working on it if only to get more opinions.

At the very least the translator should never edit their own work. This allows for problems with the translation or grammar problems to be caught.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back