Denno Coil

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

DarkSkyLady

-moeagaru-loli
Retired
dennoucoilpromoci4.png

Title: Denno Coil
Japanese Title: 電脳コイル
English Title: Cyber Coil
Premiere: Mid-May 2007
Director: Itsu Mitsuo
Animation: Bandai Visual and NHK
Official Website: http://www.tokuma.jp/coil/

This show is based off a novel of the same name by Miyamura Yasako.

It is the year 202x in the mysterious city of Daikoku. Kokonogi Yasako is a 6th grader in elementary school. The Kokonogi family, which includes Yasako, her little sister, and their parents, are a typical family. They move to Daikoku where Yasako’s grandmother lives. It is a historic city with many shrines and temples. Daikoku is also a special political district that has the latest computer facilities.

It actually looks interesting.

So i am wondering is this a combination of futuristic school life anime. I'm not against an based on little kids. Sometimes they are the most funny and insightful to get into their heads. I can't say this looks like some of the better ones i have seen lately but kids do say the darndest things so i will give this a try.

I'll definitely be watching this, since the director Iso Mitsuo (this the right spelling, Itsu Mitsuo is incorrect) because he did some design work and some of the visual effects for Blood: The Last Vampire (movie) and RahXephon. Iso has co-written an episode of Neon Genesis Evangelion ("Liliputian Hitcher") and both wrote, directed, and largely animated the RahXephon episode "The Children's Night ("Child Hood's End"). Thats why I'm really happy about this coz he worked on EVA. Iso has created, directed and also done the screenplay for Denno Coil. Mid-May........is too long wait for a freaking movie.

Oh yeah, I forgot....Denno Coil is an anime movie.

Denno Coil = Coil - A Circle of Children = 電脳コイル .

Cya

Actually from what I researched they said it was originally going to be a movie but then decided to make it a series. ANN states it will be a series and that it was previously announced as a movie but according to the official site it would be a series.

QUOTE (DarkSkyLady @ Mar 04 2007, 02:35 AM) Actually from what I researched they said it was originally going to be a movie but then decided to make it a series. ANN states it will be a series and that it was previously announced as a movie but according to the official site it would be a series.
Wow........its gonna be a series..........I was under the idea that it was gonna be a movie all the time...........so have they chaged the release date ?

Do you know how many episodes are gonna be scheduled ??

Cya

The first episode of Denno Coil was finally released subbed. I watched the promo that was released a week or 2 ago and it looks like a really interesting series. The promo was full of the kids using some sort of futuristic technology. Even though I'm not really sure what it's about I've been waiting for this. Will probably post back here after it finishes downloading.

Edit: Just finished episode 1 and I really like it. I don't really know what's going on in the show, but this doesn't seem like anything i have ever seen before. I love the whole cyberspace element and everything they can do with it. Using your own hand as a phone is one of the coolest things ever. I can't wait for more episodes to come out.

If you miss a few key scenes you are totally in the dark as to how all this is happening. Very cool idea though for the basic story line.

After watching the first episode, I can say with confidence that this is a good anime. Probably the series most likely to appear on Adult Swim that I have seen (so far) this season. Reminds me of Totoro because of all the spunky kids and dust bunnie-like creatures (and the exquisiste animation), however the genre is cyberpunk. Excellent characterizations. People who liked Paranoia Agent might enjoy this.

My only concern is will it wimp out on story line.

So I'm not the only one to connect this with Totoro; it's also somewhat like Whisper of the Heart, but only barely. This series seems much too like Studio Ghibli actually. o.o

So I downloaded the first episode and thought it was really weird, but okay to follow so far. I'm interested to see where it goes from here.
smile.gif

QUOTE (Barbobot @ May 16 2007, 07:14 PM) I love the whole cyberspace element and everything they can do with it.  Using your own hand as a phone is one of the coolest things ever.
I was fascinated by the whole thing......Yes, a "hand phone" but I did notice a little gadget sticking out from behind Koko's ear...it was blinking red as the phone rang busy.....details are important here as well, the glasses on the all of the kids were amazing...it seemed like they could only see the cyber pets with them on. And the obsolete space? Wow.....like another dimension....dark and creepy with that "illegal" lurking about...Yes, cyberpunk but what a story it is going to turn out to be. Love it! My favorite little doggie,"Densuke," I hope he was not "taken over." Loved the little ol' helper"Oyaji," cute when he blushed. Thanks Barbobot, for telling me about this one!

I really like the concept and the animation.. it was a lot better than I expected it to be. I also thought "Oyaji" was sooo kawaii when he blushed. Kyoko looks a lot like one of the girls in Totoro, which is why I probably thought of that while watching this.. I'm definitly going to be following this as well
biggrin.gif

I had high hopes for this, and still I find it better than I expected. I have a feeling we're dealing with something special here - a new story. It had a very different feel from all the other stuff I've been watching recently. Quite possibly cyberpunk, but also significantly lighter than that genre tends to be - fantastic cyberpunk, maybe?

The premise behind the world is really interesting, too. Cyberspace isn't new, nor is overlaying data over the real world, but augmenting the real world with a virtual one at scale of a city or larger is something I've never heard of before. They seem to be so well integrated that it's not easy to tell where one ends and the other begins.

And lastly, Densuke rocks. Can't wait for the next episode.

Getting interesting as we meet more "Kids." Seems the glasses are connected to the Internet.....humm..would love a pair.
rolleyes.gif
I think Megabaa is amazing..so much knowledge and funny and wise. Ah...seems she really does have a soft spot for her granddaughter, Yasako. Those Mojos, little spies, and here I was going to ask for one. Glad Megabaa, saw them...pesky little things. I was left wondering who the older girl is and who she works for.....well, we'll know eventually.
laugh.gif

I like watching this series. My friend introduced it to me and said it was his favorite anime. Anyone else think illegals are quite adorable?
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Inoji @ May 29 2007, 09:38 AM)I like watching this series. My friend introduced it to me and said it was his favorite anime. Anyone else think illegals are quite adorable?
biggrin.gif

The illegals adorable? Well, maybe, but look what that one nasty illegal, may or may not have done to poor poochie-san, Densuke. I am sad to see him so sick and gaining all that weight. But he sure took off when those other nasty little creatures, the Mojos, tried to capture him with those weird yellow rings of some kind of electrical energy.......reminded me a little of the light sabers from Star Wars.......
laugh.gif
Let's just see how adorable these illegals and mojos, continue to get.
wink.gif

REGARDING EPISODE 02 URESHII-FANSUBS SAYS...

One more thing. There is a line at around 20:16 that is not subbed. No, we aren’t lazy. (Sheesh! Who do you think we are?) The reason is that the dialogue in this line is incomprehensible even to the Japanese. Our translator got his Japanese friend to help him out on this line and searched the Japanese anime blogs. They reached the same conclusion: Incomprehensible dialogue. Update: Read corrigendum.

Corrigendum: Oh yippee… I wake up early in the morning and I’m told the translator finally understood that missing dialogue. For those of you who are waiting for the H264 version, it shall be fixed in that release. Those who chose the XviD *sigh* Sorry, I feel awful for making you read the missing line on a news post instead of it being inside the episode. Well, here’s the missing line: “4-4-2-3.” There’s also a supposition by our translator regarding this line: There is the fact that 2-3 (ni-san) sounds also like brother, but this is my conjecture…

QUOTE (GERBER @ May 29 2007, 04:25 PM) Well, here’s the missing line: “4-4-2-3.” There’s also a supposition by our translator regarding this line: There is the fact that 2-3 (ni-san) sounds also like brother, but this is my conjecture…
Was it really that difficult? Just earlier they show you an image with "4-4-2-3" written down on it, so when I was watching episode 2, I instantly knew what was being said...

I love this anime! I stumbled upon it on anikei, then saw it was here. It is by far one of the most original animes I've seen in a while

QUOTE (akiachan @ Jun 03 2007, 10:47 AM) I love this anime! I stumbled upon it on anikei, then saw it was here. It is by far one of the most original animes I've seen in a while
Yes, I agree......I downloaded episode 3 and will watch later today. I really love that chubby doggie, Densuke! And the kids are great plus...Megabaa! Love her too.
laugh.gif

Wow! I really like this little gem . Beautiful animation and music. The kids are so smart and cute...Finally, an answer to a puzzle....that girl, the one who was having our brave poochie, Densuke, kidnapped....turns out to be an Encoder. At first, I was wondering, but then Fumie and Yasako, were discussing what an Encoder really is.....a Cyberspace Wizard. Now that is going to prove most interesting to watch.......
wink.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back