xxxHOLiC

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: CLAMP Drama xxxHOLiC
Japanese: CLAMPドラマ ホリック
Date aired: 24/2/2013 (live action TV series, 8 episodes)
Genres: Supernatural, Horror, Psychological
Director: Keisuke Toyoshima
Screenplay by: Tsugita Jun
Network: WOWOW
Opening theme: "Aitai (アイタイ)" by Shikao Suga
Ending theme: "You Tell Me" by Chay

Main Cast: Anne Watanabe (杏) as Yuuko Ichihara (壱原 侑子)
Shota Sometani (染谷将太) as Kimihiro Watanuki (四月一日 君尋)
Karen Miyazaki (宮﨑香蓮) as Himawari Kunogi (九軒 ひまわり)
Masahiro Higashide (東出昌大) as Shizuka Doumeki (百目鬼 静)
Yumi Adachi (安達祐実) as Jorougumo (女郎蜘蛛)
Naoto Takenaka (竹中直人) as Ishi (医師)
TV Drama PV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkD6OaIFMnI
Official website: http://www.wowow.co.jp/holic/

Synopsis: High school student Kimihiro Watanuki has the ability to see spirits and monsters but is actually plagued with them. Coming home one day, he's once again assaulted by evil apparitions but his feet lead him to a strange shop. There he encounters Yuuko Ichihara, the mysterious owner who offers to grant Watanuki's wish to be rid of the spirits. But the price must be of equal value, so Watanuki has to temporarily work for her in her shop that grant wishes. Thus begins his adventures in an world full of supernatural experiences.

Necropinion: out of all the CLAMP mangas and anime adaptations I have checked since last decade xxxHOLiC was the most interesting one for me, their only other live action version i know about is a Tokyo Babylon movie from 1993 but i haven't find it subbed yet -.- ...before watching ep.1 I knew there wouldnt be any connection with Tsubasa Chronicle neither the Black Mokona as comedy relief, so far is getting darker than i expected by the way how its characters are played but still i'm curious to see what's next (no wonder it'll last in 8 eps.)
dry.gif

Watched the first 2 episodes, the OP by Suga fits Holic so perfectly. The series has been casted well I believe, but it could be better especially with Watanuki, Doumeki's actor is pretty spot on imo.

Can't wait for episode 03 but I'm sure it's already aired in Japan, I haven't watched a dorama in years, so I don't know how late the subbing procedure takes with these live-action TV series. Hopefully not too slow.
wink.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Mar 10 2013, 06:24 PM)Watched the first 2 episodes, the OP by Suga fits Holic so perfectly. The series has been casted well I believe, but it could be better especially with Watanuki, Doumeki's actor is pretty spot on imo.actually Suga performed the anime OPs and movie theme too ^^ I agree that Masahiro Higashide fits Doumeki's character very well next to Yuuko's actress, but as you mentioned I find Watanuki quite different specially in front of Himawari (on manga and anime versions he acts cheerfully when he sees her)... annoying at times how he cries or screams frecuently compared to his original character but the few moments we see him playing with Maru/Moro are in the EDs, anyway eps 3 and 4 were adapted nicely and I guess #5 will be subbed soon just like in last wednesdays ¬¬ I hope 2nd half will cover its most important arcs
smile.gif

well after waiting a week I take that episode 8 is the finale after all -.- this last arc wasn't as good as the previous stand-alone eps which were adapted better,
overall it was decent considering it the first Clamp TV drama and a good choice because xxxHolic takes place in the same universe as many other Clamp titles...

Tsubasa Chronicles (1st TV series 26 episodes) spring to summer 2005 - 7/10
xxxHolic: A Midsummer Night's Dream (theatrical anime film) fall 2005 - 9/10
TC The Princess in the Birdcage Kingdom (theatrical anime film) fall 2005 - 6/10
xH (1st TV series 24 eps) spring to summer 2006 - 8/10
TC season 2 (2nd TV series 26 eps) summer to fall 2006 - 5/10
T: Tokyo Revelations (1st OVA series 3 eps) fall 2007 to winter 2008 - 6/10
xH: Kei (2nd TV series 13 eps) spring 2008 - 7/10
xH: Shunmuki (1st OVA series 2 eps) winter to spring 2009 - 8/10
T: Spring Thunder Chronicle (2nd OVA series 2 ep) winter to spring 2009 - 7/10
xH: Rō & Rō Adayume (2nd OVA series 2 ep) spring 2010 to winter 2011 - 9/10
Blood-C (TV series 12 eps) summer 2011 - 4/10
B-C: The Last Dark (theatrical anime film) spring 2012 - 5/10
Clamp Drama xH (live action series 8 eps) winter to spring 2013 - 6/10

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back