Arakawa Under the Bridge

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

AccipiterF1

-sama
Retired
28tce8j.jpg

Title: Arakawa Under the Bridge
Japanese Title: 荒川アンダーザ ブリッジ
Genre: Comedy
Premier: 2011-Jul-26
Original Creator: Nakamura Hikaru
Official Site: http://www.mbs.jp/autb/

Basic Info:
Based on a Manga of the same name

Cast:
Hayashi Kento as Riku
Kiritani Mirei as Nino
Oguri Shun as Soncho
Yamada Takayuki as Hoshi
Shirota Yuu as Sister
Katase Nana as Maria
Abe Natsumi as P-Ko
Tezuka Tooru as Shiro
Hiranuma Norihisa as Billy
Arisaka Kurume as Jacqueline
Tokunaga Eri as Stella
Suruga Taro as the Last Samurai
Sueoka Takuto as Tetsuo of the Tetsujin Kyodai
Mashika Raito as Tetsuro of the Tetsujin Kyodai
Kamikawa Takaya as Shinomiya Tsumoru
Takashima Masahiro as Takayashiki
Asano Kazuyuki as Takai
Inoue Waka as Shimazaki

a12sdl.jpg

Plot:
“Arakawa Under the Bridge” is a story about Ichinomiya “Riku” Kou, a young upper-class man who tries to live a life without any debts to anyone, and a strange yet beautiful homeless girl called Nino who claims to be from the Venus. Unfortunately for him, he ends up owing his life to Nino and has no choice but to live with her under the bridge by the Arakawa river in order to follow his debt-free policy.In 2010, the manga was already made into an anime that spawned two seasons.The live-action movie of “Arakawa Under the Bridge” is scheduled to open in spring of 2012, but TBS already announced that we are also going to see a drama adaption airing in a midnight slot later this summer. -- Source: Tokyohive

My Thoughts:
After the first episode, I'd say it's pretty darn good. As you would expect, this was mostly a introduction ep, so we didn't get many characters and they haven't gotten into the high-paced gag rhythm, so we'll have to see the next episode to get what it's really like. One thing I got from this that I never got from the anime was the origin of Nino's name. I must be dense.
rolleyes.gif

I missed the origin of Nino's name in the anime too. I have to go back and look now. I've viewed the raws from the next two episodes but I really can't understand much without the subs. The tea ceremony portion seemed familiar.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back