Drama or Live Action Recommendation

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Dragon-of-Rune

-Jigoku Sensei
Retired
I think the topic title speaks for itself.

Let us know what is good to watch. You can also ask what is good to watch.

Example 1:
You should watch:

Series: (name here)
Reason: (reason why here)

Example 2:
Do any of you know what is good to watch, i really enjoy korean drama's. I only know a few and want to know if there is more out there that is worth to watch.

let me begin by saying: yay! we have a drama section on FTV! *celebrates*
anyways my recomendation would be Coffe Prince especially for those enjoying story lines similar to Ouran or Hana Kimi (anime/manga or Drama version)

the main character is mistaken for a guy and is hired by a rich man to pretend to be his lover to drive off any one his mother is trying to match make. pretty much typical story line/plot as with the whole gender mistake driven story line. the theme for this drama is coffee (if the title didn't make it any clearer) and you've got typical relationship problems, other relationships tying in things get complicated (as do all dramas) but it solved eventually with a heart warming finish. more information on the series can be found at wiki: Coffee Prince
I personally enjoyed it alot and it's just fun viewing ^^

I'm pretty sure this isn't licenced yet but if it is, can the mods please just add that on to my post? so no one requests this drama here >.<

QUOTE (samthebear @ Oct 12 2007, 03:29 PM)let me begin by saying: yay! we have a drama section on FTV! *celebrates*
anyways my recommendation would be Coffe Prince especially for those enjoying story lines similar to Ouran or Hana Kimi (anime/manga or Drama version)

the main character is mistaken for a guy and is hired by a rich man to pretend to be his lover to drive off any one his mother is trying to match make. pretty much typical story line/plot as with the whole gender mistake driven story line. the theme for this drama is coffee (if the title didn't make it any clearer) and you've got typical relationship problems, other relationships tying in things get complicated (as do all dramas) but it solved eventually with a heart warming finish. more information on the series can be found at wiki: Coffee Prince
I personally enjoyed it alot and it's just fun viewing ^^

I'm pretty sure this isn't licenced yet but if it is, can the mods please just add that on to my post? so no one requests this drama here >.<

Well Cuddling bear I totally agree with you, Coffee prince was a good series and I cant tell you how much I enjoyed watching it with labk1ta and commending it at same time on ts...God, it was hilarious!!!!
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Hmm so many good Korean and Japanese ones this year....

I`ll start with Korean...
smile.gif

Thank you. Can you laugh so much in a series, when the subject is about a little girl that gets Aids from transfusion???
Well this series has made it... and successfully!

Story:

In a under developed island/village, a young unmarried mother is trying to make a living and support her crazy grandfather and her little daughter which has Aids... Pretty depressing story you might say but...no!
tongue.gif

In the big city a young promising surgeon finds out that his fiancee is dying from cancer and he cant save her... The fiancee, a doctor as well, is responsible about the little girl infected with Aids, her last wish from her fiancee is to go and apologize for her...

Well, the story gets indeed very interesting when doctor goes to the island and gets to meet all the crazy inhabitants...

A really great series Im sure you re going to enjoy it very much...

Attachments

• ThankYou.jpg
    ThankYou.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 212
I totally fell inlove with :wub:COFFEE PRINCE!! id recommend it also. hihihi. lol thnx DoR for this little doramas section. i also recommend HANA KIMI, the taiwanese and japanese version. i just finished watching the jap. version and now im on ep 9 in taiwanese version. i must say theyre really different. though they were both based from that manga hana kimi.

also a must watch: IT STARTED WITH A KISS. its one of my favorite and i believe ploumid's as well. very very romantic and hilarious. i think jcd has seen this as well. its about this girl whos really dumb, pardon my word, and also so inlove with this classmate of hers whos really smart.

hmm.. yeah, new section huh? Great!!, whose idea is this? XDD

there's actually not really much j-drama i've watch, but here some i would like to give recommendation, these are rather few past years or maybe older but still worthy to watch:

1 Liters of Tears or 1 Litre no Namida
A very touching drama (from the title should guess it!
wink.gif
). a story about a girl, suffers from incurable disease and struggling at her best to live. oh, i've checked the wikipedia, there's some additional information (if you want to take a look)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1_Litre_no_Na...%28TV_series%29

Engine
this story is more about slice of life. on how the main character, a F3 (i think
huh.gif
) driver to cope with his career, but lives in an orphanage house
dry.gif
... meaning that there's much kids problem that he need to face.
sleep.gif
and, oh. a little bit love of course
wink.gif
. not really much detail on wiki;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine_%28TV_series%29

there's some more but i forgot the name.. i think My Boss My Hero, and another one Gokusen (live action) i think. both are funny
laugh.gif

P/s: hmm, never though of korean dramas, seems like i should take a "ride" on them XDD...

EDIT:
QUOTE (ploumid @ Oct 12 2007, 11:56 PM)... I`m glad you aprove of he new dorama section! I hope you can help improving it! ... nno problem dakala~
cool.gif
.. but since my hard drive is so small (40GB) and those drama files were quite big, plus so many animes (incomplete, so i just can't burn it into DVD±R) so it seems that i'm very very limited to spare much spaces for drama
dry.gif
tongue.gif
.. but anyway i'll do my best to help you all to put something in this section
wink.gif

Note: at the left navigator there's still no "Drama" link, if you're not noticed yet so i would like to reminds it here..
smile.gif

QUOTE also a must watch: IT STARTED WITH A KISS. its one of my favorite and i believe ploumid's as well. very very romantic and hilarious. i think jcd has seen this as well. its about this girl whos really dumb, pardon my word, and also so inlove with this classmate of hers whos really smart.

Oh, yes Lab! is the ultimate comedy! It s based on a Japanese manga (the series itself is Taiwanese) called itazura no kiss(u)
tongue.gif
There was an earlier Japanese dorama but not as successful as the Taiwanese.

As Lab said it s about a rather "stupid" and plain looking girl that falls in love with high school`s most intelligent and most handsome guy. Not only that but she tries to confess her love to him
tongue.gif
. really embarrassing situations and a n eternal hide and seek with the 2 main characters... Its a must see

Engine
this story is more about slice of life. on how the main character, a F3 (i think huh.gif ) driver to cope with his career, but lives in an orphanage house dry.gif ... meaning that there's much kids problem that he need to face.sleep.gif and, oh. a little bit love of course wink.gif . not really much detail on wiki;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine_%28TV_series%29

hey synchk I`m glad you aprove of he new dorama section! I hope you can help improving it!

Ive watched engine and its a really funny series the ain character was so good on his grumpy role and all the little kids totemo kawaii!
tongue.gif

My boss my hero is also a hilarious series

its about a yakuza leader wannabethat has to finish high school in order to receive leadership. really crazy situation and an excellent leading actor

I would recommend JDrama "Hana Yori Dango" which known as boys over flowers. It it romance, comedy and interesting.

I saw the Taiwanese version but it was not good as the japanes one.

For more information go here -- Info
To download go here -- Download
Have Fun
biggrin.gif

@Dragon-of-Rune - You've probably already watched these.

Full House - kdrama
It has Bi-rain in it! Have you heard that song by him? He's singing all korean cool like and the back up girls say, "rain, go rain, it's rain, it's rain". Nevermind. It's the typical kdrama love triangle.
It's pretty formulaic:

Girl gets involved with rich guy. Rich guy has to hang out with girl for some reason. Rich guy's guy friend likes the girl. Rich guy has ex-girlfriend who hangs around to try and get him back. Rich guy pretends not to like first girl but does and yet hangs out with ex-girlfriend. Both rich guy and first girl get jealous of each other. Then something happens and rich guy and first girl fall in love and rich guy's friend get's screwed over and so does the ex-girlfriend. The End.

It's pretty much the SAME for every kdrama but it's still worth it to watch it unfold since they differ slightly how they unfold.

My Girl - kdrama
No, bi-rain
sad.gif
but that's okay. I described it pretty much in the aforementioned post.

Let's go to School Sangdoo - kdrama
Bi-rain is back! Oh, he also has little singing things in the episodes. Good for him.
This one really makes you cry.. it's more dramatic than comedic. Very sad and touching moments. Wait... that's what dramas are suppose to be.

Meteor Garden - Cdrama
This one is quite worth watching too. It's been mentioned before under the name of Hana Yori Dango for the japanese version.

Stairway to Heaven - kdrama
asdlgkas!! This one is so sad and touching. A must see. It's not quite like the other ones.

Well..I most of the times see something that has "Drama" in it..but as for a "real Drama" that will take your breath out of you I Would recommend a more adult one than has inner meaning...like kimi ga nozomu eien That one made me cry sometimes and have me reconsider many things over life and future planning and other short of things.Anyway you should also try Chrno Crusade(this is for me one of the best drama-action that I've ever seen) but be prepared for sad ending..yeah thats the meaning of "Drama" , nice to watch but sad moments included.

QUOTE (Ranch99 @ Oct 28 2007, 01:02 PM) Stairway to Heaven - kdrama
asdlgkas!! This one is so sad and touching. A must see. It's not quite like the other ones.
The story of this drama is similar to another Kdrama Winter Sonata but I would recommend winter sonata because I liked the music and the acting more than stairway to heaven even though the main actress is same in both drama

i recomend 1% of anything (alt. name: One Percent of Anything) it is a Korean romance/humour drama and it revolves around the main character Kim Jung Hwa who is a school teacher with a big heart and little to zero interest in money. While helping an old man on the train she does not realise he is the chairman of a well known congolmerate. He names her as the benifactor in his will in hopes of making his favourite grandson Kang Dong Won settle down to take a wife - in particuar Kim Jung Hwa his personality is the total opposite of what Kim Jung Hwa is, this results in sparks flying - tempers flaring and theirs look to be an impossible relationship - a 99% chance their relationship will not work out. But could theirs be the magical one percent chance that will work out?

a funny, light hearted drama that i found absolutely hilarious and i just loved it! if my bandwidth were still alive i'd be watching it - not writing about it XD so now you know about this wonderous drama - go watch it!
Side note: this series is Licenced you cannot request any episodes from here.

QUOTE (synchk @ Oct 13 2007, 07:27 AM) 1 Liters of Tears or 1 Litre no Namida
A very touching drama (from the title should guess it!
wink.gif
). a story about a girl, suffers from incurable disease and struggling at her best to live.
I forgot that I have already watched this Jdrama before, but when I watched it again on YouTube I remembered the song.
yes I do agree with you this drama worth watching.

I recommend also (sweet 18) Kdrama. it's love story and comedy at the same time. The story about a girl who want to marry a policman, and she isin love with him but he dosen't care.

I love dramas! Once I started watching them, they even took over anime for me. Here are my favorites:

(Forgive me if I don't write synopses for all of these, as it would make for one insanely long post, but info on all of them can be looked up on either http://jdorama.com/ or http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Main_Page)

Japanese dramas:
Nobuta wo Produce
Kimi wa Petto (You're My Pet)
Water Boys
Jikou Keisatsu (Time Limit Police)
Satorare
Kizarazu Cat's Eye
Tiger & Dragon
My Boss, My Hero
IWGP (Ikebukuro West Gate Park)
GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka)
Suppli
Hana-Kimi
Hana Yori Dango
Gal Circle
Trick (season 1 is the best)
Gokusen

Honorable mentions: Brother Beat, Love and Fight, Akihabara@Deep

Korean dramas:
Dal Ja's Spring
What's Up Fox?
Miss Kim's Adventure in Making a Million (a.k.a. Miss Kim's Million Dollar Quest)
Snow White (a.k.a. Taste Sweet Love)
Hello My Teacher
My Name Is Kim Sam-Soon

Honorable mentions: Coffee Prince

(See why I didn't write synopses? I watch a lot of dramas, it seems... *shrugs*)

Oh, btw, I mainly go for comedies (or romantic comedies, with the K-dramas) so none of these are, like, uber-tragic stories (I hate tearjerkers).

ok... i was given bambino by a friend. it's jun matsumoto and i lurve him. i'm just wondering if this is any good. my friend who watched it says that you will only got hungry watching it because of all the yummy pasta. i'm wondering if anyone has seen this.

also, i'm wondering if the live-action version of nodame cantabile is any good. i'm thinking about picking it up.

I'm not really sure what to recommend and what to ignore ..
huh.gif

Anyway, as a fact for me Coffee Prince (Kdrama) is one of the best ever, the actor (Gong Yoo) is great and handsome so does the actress.

Another one is Hana Yori Dango; it's the top Japanese drama I've seen until now
biggrin.gif

Well, that's it for now, download them and enjoy
cool.gif

QUOTE (biankita @ Dec 10 2007, 08:18 AM)ok... i was given bambino by a friend. it's jun matsumoto and i lurve him. i'm just wondering if this is any good. my friend who watched it says that you will only got hungry watching it because of all the yummy pasta. i'm wondering if anyone has seen this.

also, i'm wondering if the live-action version of nodame cantabile is any good. i'm thinking about picking it up.
I don't know anything about 'bambino' but the Nodame Cantabile live was very good. If you have already seen the anime version of Nodame then you might be a little bored because it is an almost exact replica in live-action form. I must warn you however that my opinion may be biased since I saw the live-action first. One thing that is missing however are a few of the pieces that are played in the anime. Either way go check it out because it is really good.

One show that I would like to recommend that some people might like is Mukodono 2003. This show takes live-action to the next level since some of the episodes were actually broadcast 'live'. (By 'live' I mean that most of the episode other than some transition content was broadcast live.) It has quite a bit of drama (which would be expected from a drama) but also contains some moments that are rather funny. The main character actually plays two different people but not in the way that you may be thinking.

EDIT: Found a couple sites that satisfactorily explained the main points of the Hana Yori Dango.

QUOTE (langes01x @ Jan 01 2008, 07:13 PM)One show that I would like to recommend that some people might like is Mukodono 2003.Ooh, I've been wanting to see this one too! It stars Nagase Tomoya, right? I loved him in 3 of the other dramas I recommended above (Tiger & Dragon, My Boss My Hero, and IWGP), and I have Yan Papa on my "to watch" list too-- Thanks for reminding me I was gonna look for this one! *scurries off to d-addicts to get her mitts on it*

I'm currently looking for my next new-favorite drama... Nothing's caught my eye lately. The first episodes of Yukan Club (starring Akanishi Jin of KAT-TUN) and Security Police (starring Okada Junichi of V6) were pretty unremarkable. I don't think I'm gonna keep watching either one. And I'm in the middle of the K-drama Witch Yoo Hee (a.k.a. Witch Amusement) and that's kinda... bleh too. I'm not feeling the chemistry between the leads, which really kills a K-drama in my opinion, since those seem more romance-focused than J-dramas. I do have Bambino though, maybe I'll finally sit down and watch it now that the other series have stalled on me. Or maybe it's a sign that I should go back to watching more anime again 'til things pick up!

(Edit: Okay, I'm on ep10 of Witch Yoo Hee and it seems to be picking up my interest again... but it's still never gonna rank among my favorite K-dramas.)

EDIT 2 (on 2/6/08) - I finished Witch Yoo Hee solely because I have a thing about finishing what I start (within reason-- if it were more than 16 eps I would've quit). (<--edit: I've decided that this series was basically 16 hours of my life that I'll never get back. *sigh*)

I'm gradually getting into Mukodono 2003. The plot/romance aspect is okay, but I'm mainly watching it for Nagase's purely hilarious dorkiness. His goony smile just kills me!

I'm about 6 eps into the K-drama 9 End 2 Outs and thoroughly enjoying it. It's about 2 childhood friends, both 30-ish, who (initially) can only see each other as best friends and nothing more. I love how we get to see them as they see each other, bad habits and all. So I'm looking forward to the (inevitable-- this is a K-drama after all) point where they realize what they've been looking for has been right in front of their noses this whole time.
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/9_End_2_Outs

Majo no Jouken aka Forbidden Love. A romance drama about the love between a student and his teacher (HYD's Doumyogi's older sister
tongue.gif
)......a beautifully touching story......a journey to the "world of freedom" and their struggle for acceptance.
biggrin.gif
Its a very nice dorama...only 11 episodes.

I would write more if I hadn't got a cut on one of my fingers (its pretty hard to type with a injured player
wink.gif
).....so I'll be back to edit this some time in the future.
dry.gif
wink.gif
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

My Sister In Law Is 19, I just finished watching it... it's nice story .. I liked kim jae won acting he was really good, but didn't like the ending of the drama

There is another drama I want to watch it ... it looks good the name is GREAT INHERITANCE am downloading it now... I hope it is nice one too ..

QUOTE (tomo @ Feb 27 2008, 08:26 PM) My Sister In Law Is 19, I just finished watching it... it's nice story .. I liked kim jae won acting he was really good, but didn't like the ending of the drama

There is another drama I want to watch it ... it looks good the name is GREAT INHERITANCE am downloading it now... I hope it is nice one too ..
Hello Tomo....you know actually I came across "She is Nineteen" aka "My Sister-in-Law is 19" about yesterday in fact. I'm really intrigued from what I've read about it.
rolleyes.gif

Anyways, I just finished watching My Boss, My Hero, a J-Dorama, only 10 episodes but it was hilarious and brillant but probably not as great Hanazaraki no kimi tachi E....nevermind....the series was awesome. Even though I'm a romance freak....the lack of "complete" romance in this series did not disappoint me because of the hilarity of this series. The pudding, Maki's facial expression.........everything about this series was hilarious.....in a sense it reminded me of Seto no Hanayome.....but better. Its a heart-warming series and I give it my seal of approval.
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

I'm about to start watching Sang Doo, Let's go school!, Love Contract, this Korean movie called "Who Slept with her ?" or "Sexy Teacher", Lunch Queen and Wonderful Life.

I'm also currently watching Bull Fighting, They Kiss Again and One Pound Gospel.

All of the mentioned dorama....I recommend you guys try them out.
biggrin.gif

About downloading dorama...well...I have the sites to direct download and the ability to download using torrents....but they take forever. What...I'm trying to say is that I'm incredibly surprised that I'm starting to use streaming sites...especially crunchyroll.
biggrin.gif
I use to hate streaming because the quality isn't great but I prefer to the slow, tiresome downloading using torrents. But I still like using mIRC......now thats great for downloading....totally easy...and much more cleaner and aquicker than the other methods.
rolleyes.gif

~soooooooo OFF-TOPIC-o~

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back