Holding Birthday Celebrations For All FTV Members!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Do you think that we should hold Birthday Celebration's for all FTV Member's

• Yes I agree with the Birthday Celebration's!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No I disagree with the Birthday Celebration's!!!

• I don't care

• Total voters

InuyashaX

-Hokage
Kouhai
Well, I think to make FTV more "friendly" and make it a funner place to be in, daft should consider holding birthday celebration's for all FTV member's (including sempais, mods and obcourse daft himself). I think this will help make more people feel comfortable here and get more member's to post their bithday date's online for everyone to see. We can post the birthday people on the home page some where so that all member's who visit can see the name's. We can also send out "special" happy birthday post's. I'm not saying that we need this and I understand that daft has more important thing's on his mind, but he should seriously take this idea into account.

Do you agree with me?

While it's a nice idea ... have you looked at the total number of members lately?
ph34r.gif

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Sep 19 2006, 10:22 PM) While it's a nice idea ... have you looked at the total number of members lately?
ph34r.gif

OVER 20,000 REGISTERED MEMBERS!!! And this isn't including guests. We would be holding birthday celebrations pretty much everyday and that would get tiring and boring quite fast.
dry.gif

Come on!!!! We can do it, FTV is a unified organization, I'm up to it...... ummmmmmmm on second thought...............?

How about you PM each of the 20,000+ members on their birthday?
laugh.gif

I suppose, if daft wanted to, he could add that bar at the bottom of most forums that says "___ members celebrating their birthday today" but it would be rather cluttered with so many members.

QUOTE (InuyashaX @ Sep 19 2006, 10:20 PM) daft should consider holding birthday celebration's for all FTV member's (including sempais, mods and obcourse daft himself)
You shouldn't be addressing suggestions towards me. Right now I have the final say and have the ability to make the necessary changes, but that isn't going to be always the case.

Sometimes less is more.

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Sep 19 2006, 10:34 PM) How about you PM each of the 20,000+ members on their birthday?
laugh.gif

I suppose, if daft wanted to, he could add that bar at the bottom of most forums that says "___ members celebrating their birthday today" but it would be rather cluttered with so many members.
Not even all members choose to give their birthday and that would be a hassle to go through every member to check who's birthday it is today. Another thing is time zone!

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Sep 19 2006, 11:01 PM) Not even all members choose to give their birthday and that would be a hassle to go through every member to check who's birthday it is today. Another thing is time zone!
Hmmm, the list of members whose birthday it is today and who supplied that date is easily found with a small SQL query in less than 10 seconds!

But it would be a huge amount of PM to send and does not serve much purpose. I don't want an automated system to tell me happy birthday! What is the point. If a friend wishes me happy birthday, I know he means it. If a computer does it what else can I say than "the programmer did a good job".

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Sep 19 2006, 09:34 PM) that bar at the bottom of most forums that says "___ members celebrating their birthday today"
that bar was removed. i assumed it was because every couple days there would be a new birthday thread. each thread went something like this:

user1: happy birthday, user2!
user3: yeah happy birthday
user4: hpy bday 2 u
user5: wow another birthday thread
user6: happpy bithrduay

(...more of this for 24 hours...)

user2: wow, i didn't even see this thread yesterday. i was busy getting presents haha.

(two weeks later)

user30: i know it's a little late but HAPPY BIRTHDAY USER2!

I know the bar was removed, that's why I said daft could add it
laugh.gif
But agh, if everyone started creating threads when they saw a birthday ... I was thinking of it as an alternative to NOT having to do anything and recognizing birthdays.

With the number of members on this forum, it would be simply impossible to hold birthday celebrations. Unless you made one thread for birthdays in the general section, and when it was your birthday, you could post in it saying "today's my birthday" and then everyone could say "happy birthday" ... hopefully that would keep it all in one thread.

Isn't there some way to create an "automated" birthday message so that the user gets it without the admins and mods doing anything much..

QUOTE (malfion @ Sep 21 2006, 10:09 PM) Isn't there some way to create an "automated" birthday message so that the user gets it without the admins and mods doing anything much..
"When there's a will, there's a way!" It probably just takes too long and too much effort to do so. There are a lot of other projects Fansub TV is under going at the moment, so this is not a priority at the moment... Everything takes time to implement, but the question is how much time.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Sep 21 2006, 11:53 PM)QUOTE (malfion @ Sep 21 2006, 10:09 PM) Isn't there some way to create an "automated" birthday message so that the user gets it without the admins and mods doing anything much..
"When there's a will, there's a way!" It probably just takes too long and too much effort to do so. There are a lot of other projects Fansub TV is under going at the moment, so this is not a priority at the moment...

Allow me to quote myself from a few posts up.

QUOTE (Bold @ Sep 19 2006, 11:30 PM)But it would be a huge amount of PM to send and does not serve much purpose. I don't want an automated system to tell me happy birthday! What is the point. If a friend wishes me happy birthday, I know he means it. If a computer does it what else can I say than "the programmer did a good job".

It is not a question of technical difficulties. The question is, is this feature a good addition to the curent FTV features.

Well, let's let the member's decide what they want and read the poll:)

QUOTE (InuyashaX @ Sep 22 2006, 03:33 PM) Well, let's let the member's decide what they want and read the poll:)
It's not really up to the members to decide this. It is actually the mods. As Bold said, why would we want to send a whole bunch of pms like that? It's pretty much like spamming inboxes in my opinion. Also as chiisai said, some members fill that in their profile, but never check pms and are here for the anime only. What's the point in adding such a feature when less than half the members here are actually active? Also I re-thought about this idea and find this idea quite pointless and a waste of a lot of time.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Sep 22 2006, 03:52 PM) It's not really up to the members to decide this. It is actually the mods. As Bold said, why would we want to send a whole bunch of pms like that? It's pretty much like spamming inboxes in my opinion. Also as chiisai said, some members fill that in their profile, but never check pms and are here for the anime only. What's the point in adding such a feature when less than half the members here are actually active? Also I re-thought about this idea and find this idea quite pointless and a waste of a lot of time.
You don't have to give me the 3rd degree kit, it was only an idea I put out there, no need to go medieval on me. If you don't like it, then that's fine, I never forced this idea on to anyone, I just suggested it.

QUOTE (InuyashaX @ Sep 22 2006, 06:51 PM) You don't have to give me the 3rd degree kit, it was only an idea I put out there, no need to go medieval on me. If you don't like it, then that's fine, I never forced this idea on to anyone, I just suggested it.
I'm not giving you the 3rd degree or whatever. I'm just stating the obvious or facts.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back