Fansub V.2 design and looks

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

InuyashaX

-Hokage
Kouhai
Well, I already know that a V2 of FTV is being made, I have some suggestions if you want to read them.

1.I think FTV should have a more professional look (cleaner layout, better title design, buttons should be bigger and have graphics to them, etc).

2.This site should also be user friendly and even be more helpful than it already is.

3.The forums also definetly have some problems that need to be worked out, like having multiple polls for one thread, topics within topics (like have a Naruto topic and then within it, another topic on Naruto Fillers, etc).

FTV is growing and so there are higher expectations for this site. daft and anyone else working on V2 should take into consideration of my idea's if they have not already.

ps. I am a great web designer, if you need any extra hands, don't hesitate to ask.

QUOTE 3.The forums also definetly have some problems that need to be worked out, like having multiple polls for one thread, topics within topics (like have a Naruto topic and then within it, another topic on Naruto Fillers, etc).

I agree the merging going on in here isnt always necessary, but i think it comes from not having categories but just one large forum for ALL animes so after awhile its just more wasted space talking about one thing about a anime then another little thing somewhere else in a new thread. I think this could be less annoying if some one was to spilt the anime forum into parts or genres like: action, romance blah. This would be easier on the eyes and easier to find things, like it is on the main page. So just like when someone places the anime titles into categories to find things easier you place the threads also. I guess this can be done by the user before he or she finshes their new thread, and then a mod could always check over to make sure it is right and move it if not.

as for the other stuff i am pretty sure daft and the others took those thing into consideration, they arent going to bring out crap after so much work.

also you should name the header better, or add some more things to the post that could make a more "Professional Ftv" because right now it isnt really stating much

already saw it, it looks great:)

1. Read chiisai's post

2. I think it is quite user friendly and quite helpful already as it is. If you mean easier to navigate then I kinda agree. I have friends who visit this site and still don't know how to find the main forum page without having to enter another thread and then go to the forum home page. By the way, what do you mean by user friendly. Could you a little more specific on what you are expecting or suggesting.

3. If you mean a forum cleanup, then I agree especially in the anime and manga sections. There are so many locked threads that are multiple threads that should be removed at some point in time. This idea was suggest many times and apparently its not a priority on daft's nor the team list. Also it takes a lot of time and I'm sure that is the primary reason why it is still not implemented since no mod is ever on 24/7 and not all of them have that much time to do all that cleaning. However, I personally would be glad and honored to help remove/delete really really old and locked (at the same time) topics in those areas.
smile.gif
It's sometimes hard to navigate through all those threads especially now there are over 15 pages of threads in the anime and manga section and about 10 pages in the general section.

4. On a side note, since only sempais and mods are aware of the v2 of Fansub TV (aside from Anime-Addict), shouldn't this thread be moved to the sempai and mod forum? Unless of course, InuyashaX you opened this thread here so that other users can contribute new ideas I assume?
huh.gif

The fact that changes in the FTV V2 are being altered somewhat every time has been from daft. At the moment, nothing's really been complicated on the current main page. The clean part, you speak about, is possibly because of the multiple links FTV directs to (especially through the new features seen). As most of the team members think, it's pretty clean. Another thing is its uniqueness. There hasn't been very many sites with this concept. Anything else would be just another website.

Version 2's actually looking great at the moment. If you ask me, it's pretty user-friendly. Everything has been set up so far for easy navigation. At the same time, a few people are helping him out with where this and that should be (It's a random thing; don't ask specifically who).

As for the forum clean-up, it was discussed before between me and another member. Permission for some clean-up hasn't been given yet (nor was asked for). But for now, we'll leave it as is. At least until there's a major makeover.

As for the "secret link" of V2; keep it to yourselves. We might as well do a grand re-opening or something like that.

I actually don't like the current version or the prototyped version that much anymore. I need to draft up a third version sometime so there are more choices to choose from. They're not BAD, but it doesn't have the style or uniqueness I'm looking for.

If you think you've got an idea, I'm willing to look at any design prototypes you might have. You can use a pencil/pen + scan it in, use Paint for scribblies, photoshop something, use HTML or whatever if you want. I'm working with one of the top people in Human Computer Interfaces (or user interfaces) in the U.S. on a different project and that experience has pretty much led me to this dissatisfaction.
sad.gif

LOL daft... that came out of nowhere all of a sudden.

Hmm... Actually I'm just the improvisor. You start an idea, and i'll improvise it. Or, let's see who else can come up with an idea.

But what I was really expecting was that V2 concept... it looked better then just a fancy site... This one's very relaxing to visit even once!

Yeah, a new idea sure would enlighten this site. One thing; I have relized is the Echhi section; its too open and could possible become a place for guests that wanna use that section to get echhi from, maybe there should be a system where its only for members only, or some sort of security so that people don't think FTV is great for getting echhi from.

Well actually, FTV is an open community, where information is all in one place. Pictures happen to fall into the same catagory of an open community.

But actually, that's the first time someone popped up that question... Well nonetheless, FTV is still known as a great anime source. It'll keep that way hopefully.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Sep 13 2006, 09:31 PM)3. If you mean a forum cleanup, then I agree especially in the anime and manga sections. There are so many locked threads that are multiple threads that should be removed at some point in time. This idea was suggest many times and apparently its not a priority on daft's nor the team list. Also it takes a lot of time and I'm sure that is the primary reason why it is still not implemented since no mod is ever on 24/7 and not all of them have that much time to do all that cleaning. The reason its not high in the priority list is because the locked threads dont' really bother anyone, they take virtually no space and curently cleaning them up would require going throught them all manually. The new content management system should solve some of these problems (possibly an auto-clean system and a few other things to category/organise/sort all the information in the various threads).

But all these take time. And since time is a limited ressource ...

QUOTE (alchemist11 @ Sep 13 2006, 10:28 PM)One thing; I have relized is the Echhi section; its too open and could possible become a place for guests that wanna use that section to get echhi from, I fail to see why it is "too open". What if people want to get ecchi pictures? That is entirely their decision.

QUOTE (alchemist11 @ Sep 13 2006, 10:53 PM) then they would think this is a hentai/echhi site.
And if they look at the "thougthfull section" they will think this is a philosophical exchange site!

FTV is not a single thing. There are many aspects of it and it offers content for a variaty of peolpe. This includes direct download of anime, discussion of ongoing series/manga, anime related music, ecchi pictures, philosophical discussions, alerting when new subs episode come out, artistics tutorials and help, techical help about various computer related problems, alternative download methods for special case (like FXP) and so on.

You can't reduce FTV to a single aspect. Yes it has ecchi, but there is a lot more! I been here for a while and anyone will tell you I am not see in the ecchi sections (unless I am moderating). Ecchi is not why I come to FTV. But some people come here for that. There is nothing wrong with that.

QUOTE they take virtually no space and curently cleaning them up would require going throught them all manually

I dont understand when mods say this then say it takes alot of time, since they are people that say they are willing to do this for ya. One being me and now Kit-Tsukasa just mention it. Think of it as some clean up crew that doesnt have to worry about the big site problems. Some one has to do it some time, and i find the locked threads annoying to look at and its hard to find things while they are stuck in the middle of usefull threads. Another thing i dont always get is why some threads get locked and others get deleted.

I suggest a new Member Group thats main goal is to clean old threads, old post, and delet spam. I say this because people want to help you just have to let them help you with out taking it as a insult. Also it would stop people from talking about this once and for all. Now who thinks thats a bad idea?

Also I dont always think waiting untill a grand opening day to change all the things people have been talking about is good. I think trying some out, like my suggestions on the art section, is better in order to see what works and what doesnt. Maybe alittle each day or week.

QUOTE (alchemist11 @ Sep 13 2006, 11:18 PM) ok; atleast the idea of restricting the echhi section for members only would be alright; that way underage people would also stay out: people that are guests that just take the images for pleasure.
There is no sure way of identifying underage people. That has already been discussed in the past. That is why there are only ecchi picture and no hentai stuff on FTV.

QUOTE (InuyashaX @ Sep 13 2006, 05:51 PM)3.The forums also definetly have some problems that need to be worked out, like having multiple polls for one thread, topics within topics (like have a Naruto topic and then within it, another topic on Naruto Fillers, etc). I don't think you realize the technical challenge allowing sub-threads represents. Basicly, considering the amount of time required to implement that feature, I don't think it is worth it right now. There are more interesting projects in the works.

QUOTE (wittyfox)One being me and now Kit-Tsukasa just mention it. Think of it as some clean up crew that doesnt have to worry about the big site problems. Actualy, if you are interested in helping sorting the forum, there might be a LOT of job really soon. I don't want to get into too many details until its ready, but there will be a lot of classification to be done to enhance the FTV experience. Don't worry, we won't forget you, but we don't want to ask peolpe to do someething that will later become useless.

QUOTE (alchemist11 @ Sep 13 2006, 11:18 PM) ok; atleast the idea of restricting the echhi section for members only would be alright; that way underage people would also stay out: people that are guests that just take the images for pleasure.

overall, i agree with Inuyasha with point #3.
Like Bold said, Fansub TV is an open community meaning members and guest of all ages are welcome. Therefore the people who visit this site may do as they please with of course some restrictions (aka rules). There is nothing that forbids them to take the ecchi pics from the gallery. Where do you think demogog, MKK2004, connor, chiisai, and everyone else get their pics? As for underage people, as Bold said, again, people will tend to lie about their age. Some do it to make it seem that they should be treated with respect, hence the saying of "respect your elders" or that they are mature enough to be on this site and fit into discussion nicely. Also, to make it clear, ecchi is not hentai. This argument just happened and is now past in the ecchi thread and I'm not going to start here.

@wittyfox: Locking threads is actually a good thing as opposed to deleting the thread in some cases since members can use it as a reference of what kind of topics already exist and can guide them to the correct thread. Also it would be weird if a thread all of a sudden disappeared. The member would question and possibly arguments, etc... That just gets annoying if it happend every single time. What I was trying to say was to clean up the stuff that are really really old and locked like stuff that are in the last few pages of the sections, but leave the more recently locked ones as a "newer" guide.

QUOTE (Bold @ Sep 13 2006, 11:12 PM) There are many aspects of it and it offers content for a variaty of peolpe. This includes direct download of anime, discussion of ongoing series/manga, anime related music, ecchi pictures, philosophical discussions, alerting when new subs episode come out, artistics tutorials and help, techical help about various computer related problems, alternative download methods for special case (like FXP) and so on.
Yep. Fansub.TV is expanding horizontally and is attempting to diversify a bit. We understand that people have other interests besides anime (sounds like sacrilege, right?) and we're trying to experiment with that (like the Noah 6 years thing on the front page as 1 attempt to diversify into "the arts"). Since there's no real financial interest, no stockbrokers to make happy, etc... Fansub.TV serves as an excellent platform for experimentation for people with ideas and the will to make it happen.

QUOTE (alchemist11 @ Sep 13 2006, 10:28 PM)Yeah, a new idea sure would enlighten this site. One thing; I have relized is the Echhi section; its too open and could possible become a place for guests that wanna use that section to get echhi from, maybe there should be a system where its only for members only, or some sort of security so that people don't think FTV is great for getting echhi from.

Lol. If you google "ecchi pics", you'll find the fansub.tv forums at the top of the list. It's a bit too late if you didn't want people to know that the ecchi pics threads here are an excellent source of ecchi. As for the members-only system or a security system, it's pretty hard to design something like that without being too restrictive or too lax.

QUOTE (daft27 @ Sep 13 2006, 11:41 PM) Lol. If you google "ecchi pics", you'll find the fansub.tv forums at the top of the list. It's a bit too late if you didn't want people to know that the ecchi pics threads here are an excellent source of ecchi. As for the members-only system or a security system, it's pretty hard to design something like that without being too restrictive or too lax.
ROFL maybe the title of the thread is kinda...too straight you think? Personally I have no problem that there should be something done with the thread, but not really a need for security system for it. I mean, Conner did said at the title "Underage people not allowed!". So I guess the best thing to do is a pre-entering page that people have to read through a page of warning about the thread is not for children, and click some kind of box at the bottom of the page to enter the thread?

Well.. Let me interpret daft's words just a lil bit:

FTV would become somewhat a large community based off its members and the topics that follow them. As it progresses, daft's foundation would deem to be sucessful from starting the community with its first of many individual topics, that being anime.

I'm impressed with the chain of topics actually... Probably because of the members who make it happen.

Well anyways, regarding the Forum clean-up: I don't really mind it at all at the moment. However, it might be a problem, in regards into "archiving closed topics(?)"... Who knows; it might be useful to relate the closed and the recently made threads.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back