rm/rvmb format?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

rm/rvmb format good?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

davidY

-san
Kouhai
I have been to haunted anime, and all their anime is compressed in rm or rvmb format, but is still very clear, and about 50-60mb each, about 1/2 or 1/3 of your file sizes. is it possible for you to have the option to download a lower quality version (saves ur and my bandwidth)?
happy.gif

this might be possible with video on demand but i don't think we'll have any lower quality copies sitting around on our drives. it'll just take up hd space this way

Also, I don't know if it is just me. But I really, really, really dislike Real Media. Quicktime and the Windows Player are far better than that !$@#%#@.

Sorry I really don't like it.
wink.gif

I don't like rm nor rmvb format. Currently I've 3 players - Window Media 10, Window Media Classic & QuickTime Pro (the last one I never use except for some website trailers), getting more players just because they cannot support other formats is out for me.
laugh.gif

u can still use windows media player to play .avi files

all you have to do is right click on the file and select open with ...

or if you wanna set .avi files to play in media player as a defult player then u select properties and under the name click on change ...

change it to whatever player you favour ... click ok and den open the file ... simple

if in any cases you cant play avi formats with you media player, just download and install codec pack

Nobody likes rmvb re-encoded videos.

1. is, re-encoding lowers quality.

2. real media video files can't be played on tv dvd players ....

3. people don't like to be bound to using Real Player that is notorious for having spyware ...

4. work arouns are either irritating or not an actual work around at all because at the end of the day you still need to use the Rea Player application installed on your pc...

i must say .. .rmvb format is really low quality

i got kenshin 1 - 95 in that format and i must say its so hard to watch i've decided not to watch it

hey, real alternative is a codec that adds on to windows media classic. The quality is lower. However, from the general feedback, it looks like nobody likes it.

This type of file is only good for those with a very slow connection speed that can't get high quality episodes. Otherwise, forget it for me. I find low or med/low quality files annoying to watch. There are quite a few sites that do host these types of files and they do say it is to save bandwidth. Well, they are saving alot with me. I don't go there anymore. (But I'm here everyday. I wonder why?)

wow.. im surprised at the hatred towards rm... its an excellent type, lower quality of course but look at lower quality avi's of similiar attempts to make file sizes smaller.

rm is excellent, small files and yet hardly a difference in quality. You can resize it and lose little. I particularly like rm at 50mb or so. as for not being able to play it on a dvd player... oh well.. you wont need to burn because it takes up less than 1/3 of the space *cough* your not supposed to be illegally burning dvd's anyways..

haha, i agree totally, but i am too cheap to afford a dvd burner/burner of any sort, except for match stick
happy.gif
, so i dont know what ur talking about. We should invent a new codec which is good for compressing anime - it is unlike pictures because it has lots of solid color.... if only we had some programming geniuses out there...

RMVB is very very good!! The quality is only a little bit worse than AVI. considering that it is only 1/2 or 1/3 of your AVI files, it is very very good.
I understand how some groups value quality much more, that is why I think groups should release BOTH AVI and RMVB so that people who don't have bandwidth or have 56k can download RMVB, and people who are willing to waste hdd space and bandwidth can go for AVI. This is what is happening with many chinese fansubbing groups.

RM and Real audio, yes i know is TRASH!! but RMVB is very good!!
cool.gif

should we make a poll for this? or are u too lazy to do rvmb compression? i like lazyness because i can sleep more
happy.gif

i rather enjoy the high quality avi files. the rm aren't that high in quality, but still watchable. bascially if you think about it, rm files are like video tape quality (VCR) while avi files are DVD quality. which would you prefer? I like to see all the details of the anime while im watching, not just see a blob of colors. (thats my opinion)

as i said before....... RM is really crappy, however RMVB is much better!!!! it's near AVI quality and is quite good quality considering the size.]

EDIT: ok, please continue further discussion in the 'rm/rmvb format? (2nd version)' thread please vote.

~Locked~

davidY wanted a poll, and here it is.
Please post your views on this matter in this thread as I have locked the other one.

To all the RM Bashing, I would chip in saying that Media player Clasic owns all you dog food ganstas!

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back