15 replies to this topic

#1 Coolio

Coolio

-dono

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 11:14 PM

High doubt that we'll see this movie that was just released and subbed by The Triad hosted here....

An independent animation work by Shinkai Makoto, the creator of Hoshi no Koe. The story is somewhat a combination between "Sleeping Princess" and "Hoshi no Koe".
The story takes place in a "different world" of another postwar period, in 1996, where Japan was divided and ruled. A huge mysterious tower was built on Hokkaido.

The main characters of the story are three 15 years old junior high school students. Because of her illness (memory disorder), Sayuri was transferred to another school in Tokyo. So, the three of them part and walk their own path.

The year is 2001, and both Hiroki and Takuya are college students now. They meet Sayuri again by chance in Tokyo. However, Sayuri has been sleeping for many years because of her illness. Hiroki and Takuya decide to solve the mystery of Sayuri`s illness which is somehow connected to the mysterious tower.

Can they unravel the mystery of Sayuri`s illness? Can the three of them stand on the one promised place made after school again?

(description from AnimeNfo)

It sounds interesting but I guess I'll wait till another time unsure.gif

EDIT: It's been added O_O- Thanks Daft!

#2 daft27

daft27

-nya

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1878 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 01:01 AM

I just finished watching it. It'll leave it up for a few days before taking it down.
crew.jpg
mostrespectedeh8.jpg

#3 darkdog

darkdog

-dredg

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1406 posts
  • Interests:anime (seriously!! i'm not kiddin'!), music (hard rock, alt rock, "nu metal", progressive rock, etc etc) and sheep above all.

Posted 01 March 2005 - 02:01 AM

is it worthwhile? i might get it if it is..

/jp
~ such a shame, my defenses have become my own restrictions... ~ [ lostprophets ]
~ my best days will never be behind me, my best days will never cease to find me.. ~ [XthrowdownX]
user posted image

#4 Arbalest

Arbalest

-chan

• Kouhais
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 02:11 AM

The movie is hosted here?! I can't find the link for it. I've been waiting so long to see this, and I can only use direct download. Little help with the link?

Edit: Nevermind, it's up now. Can't wait for the download to start! THANKS DAFT! <3<3<3

#5 MKK2004

MKK2004

-ecchi

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7368 posts
  • Interests:.....anime? and ecchi anime things!

Posted 01 March 2005 - 02:41 AM

QUOTE (daft27 @ Feb 28 2005, 07:01 PM)
I just finished watching it.  It'll leave it up for a few days before taking it down.

daft thx alot! i waited for a long time for this!!

#6 Arbalest

Arbalest

-chan

• Kouhais
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 12:36 PM

Hey guys, I'm stupid and can't get the audio to work. I downloaded AC3 Filter, but I still can't get sound. Can someone tell me how to get it to work in WMP or BSPlayer?

#7 fizyboy

fizyboy

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 05:54 PM

dang i just notice.. can you hold it a little bit longer daft?

#8 MKK2004

MKK2004

-ecchi

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7368 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (Arbalest @ Mar 1 2005, 06:36 AM)
Hey guys, I'm stupid and can't get the audio to work. I downloaded AC3 Filter, but I still can't get sound. Can someone tell me how to get it to work in WMP or BSPlayer?

Arbalest u ar not stupid, and i got the solution for u!!! the get the audio working u need to go to 3ivx.com and download their latest audio codec! hope tat can help u...

p.s. i just finished it, its very touching....but Voices of a Distant Star is STILL DA BEST!!

#9 Arbalest

Arbalest

-chan

• Kouhais
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (MKK2004 @ Mar 1 2005, 03:23 PM)
Arbalest u ar not stupid, and i got the solution for u!!! the get the audio working u need to go to 3ivx.com and download their latest audio codec! hope tat can help u...

p.s. i just finished it, its very touching....but Voices of a Distant Star is STILL DA BEST!!

zOMG THANK YOU!!

I have audio, though I have to turn it way way up to hear it. I'm sure I can fix that up easily enough. I can't wait to watch this tonight! [glee]

#10 MKK2004

MKK2004

-ecchi

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7368 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE (Arbalest @ Mar 1 2005, 04:06 PM)
zOMG THANK YOU!!

I have audio, though I have to turn it way way up to hear it. I'm sure I can fix that up easily enough. I can't wait to watch this tonight! [glee]

no pro, i have the problem with turning up the volume too....and i see bugs at the top of the screen too....

#11 SpacePirate

SpacePirate

-ecchi ja arimasen

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 05:22 AM

The audio did seem a bit quiet, but I haven't had any problems whatsoever using VLC. That movie was incredible... it's going on the favorites list.

Any idea if/when it is coming to the states?

~ SP
Eat blazing electric death!

Currently watching Fate/Stay Night, Bleach, Mai Otome, Marchen Awakens Romance (MAR), Blood +, Black Cat, Shakugan no Shana, and Ginban Kaleidoscope.

Also, Starship Operators, Glass Mask 2005, The Law of Ueki, Rozen Maiden Traumend, Solty Rei, Sousei no Aquarion, Eureka 7,and Gun X Sword, whenever these are released...

Looking forward to: Kage Kara Mamorou, Futari Wa Precure Splash Star, Ergo Proxy, Shinigami no Ballad, Daimahotoge, The Third, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yutsu, Witchblade, XXXHolic, Ju oh Sei, SCHOOL RUMBLE 2!

#12 Coolio

Coolio

-dono

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 08:20 PM

Argh, so much work to do this week- I need a free 2hrs to myself so I can watch this! >_<

#13 MaskmanJoe

MaskmanJoe

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Interests:anime (quite obviously ^_^), anything lord of the rings, tech gadgets (im a self confessed gadget geek -__-)

Posted 03 March 2005 - 04:08 AM

damn this is a BIG file (didnt realize my dwindling disk space). took me 9hrs to download it! now i can watch ^____^ comments to follow
BEWARE OF KILLER LOLIS
user posted image

#14 Coolio

Coolio

-dono

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 04:44 PM

Just finished watching it, here are my thoughts on it [highlight to see]
Some very nice artwork in there, backed up with a nice soft soundtrack. Good eye candy laugh.gif I thought they had a nice story going with the parallel universes and dreams thing but kinda disappointed by the mushy ending- well at least I wasn't confused by it, feels similar to Rahxephon but Rahxephon had me confused as hell.

#15 chibinyaa

chibinyaa

-san

• Retired
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Prince of Tennis!!!!!!!

Posted 04 March 2005 - 02:17 PM

lol.... the art is just amazing... thats all i can say. it's a dvd-rip wink.gif
user posted image

#16 2dRurouni

2dRurouni
  • Kouhais
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 03:15 PM

its beautiful with great animation works as well as a great story behind it. Even though its 1.3 gigz or something its still worth to download

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users