have you ever played a game that made you cry?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Superbeast

-chi
Kouhai
there are some that have made me shed a tear:

Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Silent Hill 2
Final Fantasy VII(obviously, looking forward to Crisis Core)
Final Fantasy X
Legend of Dragoon
Resident Evil 2
Shadow of the Colossus

Hmm I cried at both endings of Akihas route in Tsukihime...ooh they were just too sad
sad.gif
, but there were also some other moments where I couldn't hold back my tears. Ah but thats surely not the only game which made me cry, I'm more or less a pretty emotional person and so I easily shed some tears if I see something really sad

Halo 3. When Johnson dies.

Yeah... I agree with Jun-SAMA...
wink.gif
tongue.gif
"Tsukihime" has some really sad parts... especially the ending of Akiha's route!
sad.gif
Then, in the Far-side routes, there's the part where you have to kill sweet Sacchin with your own hands (due to certain reasons)...
sad.gif

Currently, I'm playing "Narcissu"... I'm still somewhere in the beginning but the story is just soooooooooo sad and depressing... I have a hard time holding back the tears...
sad.gif
Just thinking about it now makes me feel really sad.
dry.gif
Still... The story is really, really, really good!!!
biggrin.gif
So, I'm still going to play it... and cry a lot!!!
tongue.gif

I agree Metal Gear Solid 3:Snake Eater had one of the most saddest endings that I actually cried, poor Boss.

QUOTE (chreyzee-san)Currently, I'm playing "Narcissu"... I'm still somewhere in the beginning but the story is just soooooooooo sad and depressing... I have a hard time holding back the tears... sad.gif Just thinking about it now makes me feel really sad. dry.gif Still... The story is really, really, really good!!! biggrin.gif So, I'm still going to play it... and cry a lot!!! tongue.gifAh yeah I also tested it a little bit a while ago, and I totally agree to everything which you had said chreyzee-san
wink.gif
, I also couldn't hold back my tears after I played it a while
rolleyes.gif
. On the first look it's really outstanding for a free visual novel, so I only can recommend it to everyone who wants to play a heart tearing visual novel, or who just wants to test visual novels in general
smile.gif

QUOTE (JunMisugi @ Oct 16 2007, 01:50 PM)Ah yeah I also tested it a little bit a while ago, and I totally agree to everything which you had said chreyzee-san , I also couldn't hold back my tears after I played it a while . On the first look it's really outstanding for a free visual novel, so I only can recommend it to everyone who wants to play a heart tearing visual novel, or who just wants to test visual novels in general
*SOB... SOB... SOB* Yeah... "Narcissu" is a visual novel game that will definitely make you cry!!!
sad.gif
I've finished it already and I cried a lot... But, the story was really, really, really great!!!
cool.gif
If you like a story which would make you cry then I'd definitely recommend this game!!!
biggrin.gif

I think it was Lufia 2 back when I was both emo and I had a SNES. The game had such a sad ending that I began to cry. It was a good story and I hadn't played the first game to understand that this ending was supposed to happen .

I dont think I ever cried by playing video games, I've been scared, excited, happy or depressed if I cant beat the game or if theres a bad shift in the game, but I never cried.

I have only cried at the end of some Final Fantasy games, namely FF IX and FF X. Just a couple tears came out, but other than that I can't really think of any other game that has made me cry.

Many Final Fantasy games have made me cry.. I am a very sensitive person, and with that kind of trait, I cry with ease.

Shadow of Colossus had an extreme effect on me.

Another game that had an effect on me was Growlancer Generations.... I don't know how many people know of that game... but its a sad game...

QUOTE smokie Posted on Oct 14 2007, 03:36 PM
Halo 3. When Johnson dies.
How could that flying little peice of tin kill the Sarge!
Worst moment in halo history!

QUOTE (Armageddon47 @ Nov 07 2007, 09:14 PM) Worst moment in halo history!
Correction I feel that probably goes to playing as the Arbiter in Halo 2.

There was an anime thread about this so i thought I would make a game version of this too. .

Post the games that made you cry or made you feel like your about to cry sad or happy.

SPOILER ALERTS

Here are mine

Persona 3 (At the end of it and when Sanji dies)
Persona 4 (End and when nanako almost dies)
Tales of the Abyss (When Asch dies)
Final Fantasy 7 (Aeris dies)
Final Fantasy 10 (Ending)
Grandia 3 (Ending)
Metal Gear Solid 2, 3, and 4 (many scenes lol)
Chrono Cross (Ending plus many scenes)
Dragon Quest 8 (Ending, becaues it was happy)

There are many others i cant remember lol . . .

Have fun xD

Moderators Note: Since there is already a thread about the topic "games which made you cry" I've merged your thread with this one
wink.gif

I don't remember if I actually shed any tears or not on this one, but playing through Halo on legendary level... AUGH!!! It was the most humbling, horrifying experience I'd been through! And after countless tries and attempts, after *baaaarely* surviving through each and every checkpoint, I just had to stop! Once I got to the Library and essentially died at the FRONT STEP, I just didn't have it in me to continue. The experience has scarred me for life, no doubt.

...well, maybe it wasn't *quite* that horrifying, but it was definitely frustrating! And now that I think of it, I think I did actually shed a tear from a bead of sweat getting into one of my eyes from staring too intently at the screen.
tongue.gif

But no, no game has ever made me cry out of sadness. Oh! But there was one time I think I cried just out of sheer terror! It was Space Quest IV, and I was still just in elementary school. At the very beginning of this game, there was this incredibly freaky old-man/zombie/cyborg-slave thing with this freaky metal thing that kept his eyes pried open, and if he ever got too close to you, it would cut to a close-up of his face, his face would twitch, he'd slowly raise his hand up to you, start howling this inhuman, 8-bit growl, and summon some killer-robot to zap you. That thing gave me nightmares!

Lol when i was in the years of 5-8 everytime i got to the end bit of Sonic the hedgehog 2... (the ones with Tails in it aswell.) The second last level where Tails gets shot down in the airplane it made me bry everytime i played it which is probably why i still havent completed it yet XD.
tongue.gif

Lol kinda funny now that i think about it. XD

only games that have made me cry so far are the ones done by Square Enix so that is all the Final Fantasy games and the first 2 Kingdom Hearts games.
Also I cried buckets whilst playing Shadow Hearts (both 1 and 2), 2 was heartwrenchingly sad due to a scene half way through and the ending.
Biasically in Shadow hearts 1 Yuri the main character is doing the usual bit to save the world and ends up meeting a rather delicious looking blonde who becomes his girlfriend but by the end of the game she sacrifices herself to save him, in Shadow Hearts 2 half way through he tries to ressurect her and it ALMOST works, the ressurection lasts just long enough for her to tell him she loves him. Can you imagine it? You've met THE love of your life and you know she died to save you and you never got the chance to even tell her out loud that you love her, so you find a way to bring her back but she only survives long enough to tell you she loves you so you still didn't get the chance to tell her and you've lost her AGAIN.
I'm starting to think Japanese game designers have a thing for tragedy.

QUOTE (Gustav1976 @ Jan 28 2009, 12:56 PM) only games that have made me cry so far are the ones done by Square Enix so that is all the Final Fantasy games and the first 2 Kingdom Hearts games.
Also I cried buckets whilst playing Shadow Hearts (both 1 and 2), 2 was heartwrenchingly sad due to a scene half way through and the ending.
Biasically in Shadow hearts 1 Yuri the main character is doing the usual bit to save the world and ends up meeting a rather delicious looking blonde who becomes his girlfriend but by the end of the game she sacrifices herself to save him, in Shadow Hearts 2 half way through he tries to ressurect her and it ALMOST works, the ressurection lasts just long enough for her to tell him she loves him. Can you imagine it? You've met THE love of your life and you know she died to save you and you never got the chance to even tell her out loud that you love her, so you find a way to bring her back but she only survives long enough to tell you she loves you so you still didn't get the chance to tell her and you've lost her AGAIN.
I'm starting to think Japanese game designers have a thing for tragedy.
Yeah,Shadow Hearts 1 and 2 were dramatic (even thouh in SH 1 you can get the good ending where Alice satys alive,she's still dead in SH2...).
The game that made me cry the most (and it's not about shedding some tears but really crying..)is Suikoden 2,when Nanami (the sister of the hero)get's killed and the true ending where you have to duel your best friend Jowey and kill him (well the story is kind complex and is like Gundam seed,Kira and Athrun, where two best friend fight each other due to their allegiance to opposing nations...).

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back