Some ideas i have been having

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

namelesssted

Kouhai
first off, i know i am not very active in the forums, but i love fansub.tv. I have had some ideas as of recent that i think would be sweet at FTV. i guess Threshhold Avalon and something else are currently in the works but i don't really know any details in particular but they may be similar to what i am thinking.

It would be sweet to have a downloadable program for FTV. there are programs out there now that allow you to subscribe to certain audio or videocasts. Once the newest episode comes out it would download it for you. If FTV had something like that it would be sweet.

I think somehow integrating a torrent system into the program would be awesome as well. Once someone downloads the episode it is saved somewhere on the computer, but the program will have access to it so it can upload file it when somebody else wants to download it. Like any torrent program the user should be able to change different settings, but i think if it was all integrated into one program it would work much better and encourage the user to seed the episodes more than typical.

More user input would be nice to see too. Let users be able to upload content. there is a lot of content on FTV and it can be hard to keep up to date sometimes. an example would be Chevalier, i know 5 epis are subbed by shinsen and yet only 2 epis are up on FTV, and there are no torrent file.

what do you guys think?

QUOTE (namelesssted @ Oct 09 2006, 11:48 PM) It would be sweet to have a downloadable program for FTV. there are programs out there now that allow you to subscribe to certain audio or videocasts. Once the newest episode comes out it would download it for you. If FTV had something like that it would be sweet.

I think somehow integrating a torrent system into the program would be awesome as well.
Curently in the work. That application is coming along rather well lately.

The first version won't integrate with BT. Maybe the future versions, but its not sure. We had a lot of discussion about this aspect. The conclusion is that our version of the BT client would have to compete with other BT client out there. And since BT would not be our main concern, we would not be able to offer the best experience possible.

QUOTE (namelesssted @ Oct 09 2006, 11:48 PM)More user input would be nice to see too. Let users be able to upload content. there is a lot of content on FTV and it can be hard to keep up to date sometimes. an example would be Chevalier, i know 5 epis are subbed by shinsen and yet only 2 epis are up on FTV, and there are no torrent file. A way to have moer content management is also in the work. A new service called Anibloc is behind worked on right now. It should allow people to add content and to complete the available information no FTV.

If you have any ideas on what this service should offer, don't hesitate to make further suggestions. You never know when a brilliant idea will pop up!

Yep. We're trying to make the web more like the web, the desktop more like the desktop, and the chats/discussions more like chat/discussions.

i can see a program that makes the anime experience completely seemless. It would be awesome to be able to go on the forums, and talk about all the anime. go to school/work or something. And when you come home you notice a new episode of one of the animes in your watchlist has been downloaded. That would make me so happy. Walk in the door, sit down at the computer, and be able to watch the episode right away. It could make the entire experience extremely easy.

Ther is actually a client that does that in devlopment. For a limited time the Fansub TV client was attempted and proved to be extremly usefull even with minor bugs. However the trial was terminated and the expierence and knowledge gained turned right back into the devlopment.

This is what the "swipe Card" in your profile is for.

An idea (that might be controversial) is to stop the suffix at the end of names -chi,-san etc. These titles I feel encourage pointless posts, spam etc. Terms for mods should be kept just so people know who the mods are but otherwise they should be removed from normal users. Does anyone agree with me on this?

QUOTE (monsta666 @ Feb 11 2008, 12:22 PM)An idea (that might be controversial) is to stop the suffix at the end of names -chi,-san etc. These titles I feel encourage pointless posts, spam etc. Terms for mods should be kept just so people know who the mods are but otherwise they should be removed from normal users. Does anyone agree with me on this?

that is a good discussion idea but should be posted as a different thread. i can't really give you a proper response right now but if it were made into it's own thread i think we'd have a little more discussion on this issue as this thread is for dealing with a different idea
smile.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back