Formula 1 Grand Prix.

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

shinigamii

-geass prince~
Sempai
Well It was actually after reading Monsta-sans post in the What have you been doing thread that gave me this idea.

haruhif01fc2.jpg

Picture: compliments of Chuuko.

This is so we F1 loving freaks can come in discuss about the race/qualfying/anything else F1 related.
Drivers Championship Table after todays race. Will be updated every new race.

Pos   Driver   Nationality   Team   Points
1 Lewis Hamilton British McLaren-Mercedes 94
2 Felipe Massa Brazilian Ferrari 87
3 Robert Kubica Polish BMW Sauber 75
4 Kimi Räikkönen Finnish Ferrari 69
5 Nick Heidfeld German BMW Sauber 60
6 Fernando Alonso Spanish Renault 53
7 Heikki Kovalainen Finnish McLaren-Mercedes 51
8 Sebastian Vettel German STR-Ferrari 30
9 Jarno Trulli Italian Toyota 30
10 Timo Glock German Toyota 22
11 Mark Webber Australian Red Bull-Renault 21
12 Nelsinho Piquet Brazilian Renault 19
13 Nico Rosberg German Williams-Toyota 17
14 Rubens Barrichello Brazilian Honda 11
15 Kazuki Nakajima Japanese Williams-Toyota 9
16 David Coulthard British Red Bull-Renault 8
17 Sebastien Bourdais French STR-Ferrari 4
18 Jenson Button British Honda 3
19 Giancarlo Fisichella Italian Force India-Ferrari 0
20 Adrian Sutil German Force India-Ferrari 0
21 Takuma Sato Japanese Super Aguri-Honda 0
22 Anthony Davidson

Constructers Championship. Will be updated after every race.

Pos   Team   Points
1 Ferrari 156
2 McLaren-Mercedes 145
3 BMW Sauber 135
4 Renault 72
5 Toyota 52
6 STR-Ferrari 34
7 Red Bull-Renault 29
8 Williams-Toyota 26
9 Honda 14
10 Force India-Ferrari 0
11 Super Aguri-Honda 0

Heres some info on top 2 drivers THIS year.

Lewis Hamilton. from England, currently racing for the McLaren Mercedes team.

Current team  Vodafone McLaren Mercedes
Car #  22
Races  30
Championships  0
Wins  8
Podium finishes  20
Career points  189
Pole positions  11
Fastest laps  2
First race  2007 Australian Grand Prix
First win  2007 Canadian Grand Prix
Last win  2008 German Grand Prix
Last race  2008 Belgian Grand Prix
2007 position  2nd (109 points)
From Wiki.

Felipe Massa.
Current team  Flag of Italy Scuderia Ferrari
Car #  2
Races  100 (101 starts)
Championships  0
Wins  10
Podium finishes  25
Career points  275
Pole positions  13
Fastest laps  9
First race  2002 Australian Grand Prix
First win  2006 Turkish Grand Prix
Last win  2008 Belgian Grand Prix
Last race  2008 Belgian Grand Prix
2007 position  4th (94 pts) From Wiki.

P.S spoiler tags so it's not a monster long post.

Nice thread shini
wink.gif

Waiii team Toyota in 4th place in the constructers champoinship
laugh.gif

Although i wasn't able to watch the sundays race, i heard Hamilton has a bit of bad luck at the finishing lap making hom 3rd and Massa 1st.
Well this threat could be interesting after/during the next race which will be held in Italy (FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA 2008) One of my fav F1 race tracks ^^

Monza
Race Date: 14 Sep 2008
Number of Laps: 53
Circuit Length: 5.793 km
Race Distance: 306.720 km
Lap Record: 1:21.046 - R Barrichello (2004)

QUOTE (Chuuko @ Sep 07 2008, 05:52 PM) Although i wasn't able to watch the sundays race, i heard Hamilton has a bit of bad luck at the finishing lap making hom 3rd and Massa 1st.
Quite a bit more complicated than that, actually. He made it home 1st but was demoted to third for not ceding enough ground to Raikkonen after shooting the chicane on the last lap. A bit of a harsh penalty I thought, but a friend pointed out to me that the same kind of thing happened to Alonso back in Suzuka '05. Kind of a bummer because the Steward's call basically invalidated what was an awesome last lap.

QUOTE (Chuuko @ Sep 07 2008, 11:52 PM)Although i wasn't able to watch the sundays race, i heard Hamilton has a bit of bad luck at the finishing lap making hom 3rd and Massa 1st.

This is the problem with F1, when I saw the race Hamilton finished in first position. When I picked up the paper the next day he was third!
ohmy.gif
The reason this happened was because he made an illegal pass on Raikkonen. As a result of this he was given a 25 seconds penalty. This meant he finished in third place. Here is a video of the overtaking manoeuvre:

Better video (only available to UK viewers):
Spa controversy

Youtube video:
Spa last laps

The penalty seems a bit harsh and Hamilton is launching an appeal against the punishment. If he wins the appeal he would have won the race... Again!
laugh.gif

Belgian Grand Prix

To be honest i hope that Mclaren win there appeal because it was not fair saying "you never gave Kimi enough room to pull away from you." Considering it was Kimi's fault Lewis had to go onto the grass whiche Kimi pushed him onto, therefore Hamilton took the initiative to aviod a crash between himself and Kimi, by using the escape rout on the grass. He then realised that he was in front and that he gained the advantage by using the escape route thus in turn allowing Kimi ahead of him to cross the line FIRST which was the correct thing to do. Even still the Stewards decided to give him a penalty of 25 seconds pushing him to third place and Massa top.
ohmy.gif

Now they are going to the Belgian Grand Prix with only two points between Massa and the currect drivers championship leader, Hamilton. Hopefully that will change by the outcome of Mclarens Appeal.
dry.gif

Although i personally tihnk that they made that decision because Kimi spun off into the wall. PFFT.

Oh man
laugh.gif
, i can´t wait for the next race to begin at Monza Italy.
This time i won´t miss the race and i wonder who will win this race.
Anyone thinks that Hamilton can break the lap record of Monza?, the current lap record is being held by Rubens barrichello, as seen in my previous post.

Anyway the next race is going to be interesting.

Actually, in my humble opinion, Hamilton could have also avoided contact by depressing his brake pedal a bit more and taking the normal line through the turn. He only cut the chicane, which is paved, not grass, to keep his momentum up, hence creating an advantage for himself. And fair play to Kimi slamming the door like that battling for the lead with three laps to go anyway.

But the real problem isn't what happened in that turn it all, it's with the entire officiating system that is used in F1. I think Hamilton should have been immediately asked to give the position back to Kimi. But of course F1's Stewardship by Committee is nowhere near flexible enough to to make such a call. What is needed is a single man able to make such snap judgments in the moment. And if he makes the wrong call we'll bitch about it like with do with referees in other sports, but we will no longer have absurdities like race wins being taken away after someone has already been handed the trophy.

F1 has handed down a penalty for a similar incident once in the past. At Suzuka '05 Alonso was told to get back behind Klien after an almost identical chicane cut followed by an immediate attack incident. But again they took way to long to make the decision - 2 or 3 laps - and Alonso had already pulled out a 7 second lead on Klein when he had to back off and let him back by.

If you hadn't guessed, I'm an F1 fanatic.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ Sep 08 2008, 09:54 PM)Actually, in my humble opinion, Hamilton could have also avoided contact by depressing his brake pedal a bit more and taking the normal line through the turn. He only cut the chicane, which is paved, not grass, to keep his momentum up, hence creating an advantage for himself. And fair play to Kimi slamming the door like that battling for the lead with three laps to go anyway.

But the real problem isn't what happened in that turn it all, it's with the entire officiating system that is used in F1. I think Hamilton should have been immediately asked to give the position back to Kimi. But of course F1's Stewardship by Committee is nowhere near flexible enough to to make such a call. What is needed is a single man able to make such snap judgments in the moment. And if he makes the wrong call we'll bitch about it like with do with referees in other sports, but we will no longer have absurdities like race wins being taken away after someone has already been handed the trophy.

F1 has handed down a penalty for a similar incident once in the past. At Suzuka '05 Alonso was told to get back behind Klien after an almost identical chicane cut followed by an immediate attack incident. But again they took way to long to make the decision - 2 or 3 laps - and Alonso had already pulled out a 7 second lead on Klein when he had to back off and let him back by.

If you hadn't guessed, I'm an F1 fanatic.

You see your saying that hamilton should've backed off but if looked closer at the chicane you would notice that Hamilton was in the corner before Kimi thus Kimi should've been the one to back off and take being overtook like a man but, he continued to turn in pushing Lewis onto the escape route thus giving him the advantage. Also Lewis knew he had to let Kimi cross the line firt and he did so then Lewis went back on the attack. He wasn't penilised for gaining the advantage he was pinalized for not letting Kimi pull away too much but thats what i think is rubbish. He let him cross the line first which was what he was meant to do so i dont see where the problem. All in all it should.ve been kimi who backed off form the corner pushing the brake.

Also it turns out Ferrari has employed Michael Schumaker, does anyone know what position as i know he's not driving for them. Im thinking maybe head tester but i dont know about that one. Great man 7 Times world champion and statistically the greatest driver the F1 has ever seen. Aweosme dude.
cool.gif

I disagree with you. Hamilton being ahead at the right turn has no bearing since Kimi has the preferred line and gets position back for the left. If Hamilton commits to the brakes at this point:

hami_kimi.jpg

...he can still make the chicane in the proper manner and would have come out of the turn complex two or three car-lengths behind Kimi, not directly on his gearbox where he placed himself after paying the barest lip-service to the rules. The distance that he gained by not taking the turn is what he got penalized for.

You see the rule says you may not "gain an advantage" by cutting the course.

Michael Schumacher has an unofficial "consultant" role. But basically he's there to entertain VIPs and have fun watching the races.

Hamilton could have taken the outside line but chose to cut the corner. So no one can dispute he gained an advantage there. The real debate comes in what happened next. As far as I'm aware the driver must yield his position if he overtakes a driver after cutting a corner. Hamilton did that, he allowed Kimi to overtake him so he broke no rules there. Admittedly the margin was slim but Raikkonen did pass him nonetheless. The fact that Hamilton overtook Raikkonen almost straight away muddies the waters somewhat. If Hamilton didn't overtake Raikkonen in the next corner I get the feeling we would not be having this debate. Then again we all know how sneaky Ferrari are!
laugh.gif
Anyone remember the race where Schumacher overtook Barrichello right in the end? One of Ferrari's orchestrated finishes...
dry.gif

McClaren have launched an official appeal against the decision:
McLaren lodge Belgian GP appeal

EDIT: Nice picture by the way. Nice one Shini!
wink.gif

You see Monsta thats the point i've been arguing although your way with words are much better than mine are. Also AccipiterF1 If you watch monsta's video you would see that Hamilton entered the Chicane infront of Kimi and then Kimi pushed Lewis over intending to either make him slow down or crash into him which im pretty sure was intentions. Lewis took the escape route saving his car and kimi's aswell. As Monsta-san said hamilton let him take over him and cross the line first so i see no need for a penalty.

Also Monsta It was Chuuko who made it lol.

I did watch Monsta's video, that's where I capped the picture from. Unfortuantly, the in-car video from Hamilton that really shows that he had more options than cutting the chicane was taken off YouTube by the FOM yesterday.

Fighting for the win, what Kimi did was more than acceptable. If Hamilton brakes at the point I show above, he can avoid contact just as well and make the turn normally. Then he probably would have passed Kimi going up the Kemmel straight. and there would have been no controversy at all.

Monsta,

Remember the race where Barrichello passed Schumacher right at the end in an orchestrated finish? I do, I was sitting in the grandstands at the time. People may not have liked that stuff, but since it was legal at the time, I don't see what all the furor was about.

Well then in that case, would it have been alright if Lewis never budged thus the crash would have been Kimi's fault. He would've taking out two very expenisive F1 cars, wouldve gave the points to Massa and also taken himself out of the running to defend his championship. To me Lewis did the right tihng using the escape route, what would Lewis have lost, His lead at the top of the championship and his car. I see that Lewis did the right thing because if he didnt do that Kimi would've lost a whole lot more if you ask me ferarri should be happy he did that.

Also so you go to the races eh?? do you ahve any pictures you could post for us to take a look. Also thats what i plan on doing for my 21st birthday, getting a season pass to go to all the races and me and pops are gonna have a guys holiday, well holiday's altohugh thats a long time away for me.

Also ACC we're still friends this is just a friendly discussion.lol

QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ Sep 09 2008, 08:18 PM)People may not have liked that stuff, but since it was legal at the time, I don't see what all the furor was about.
It may not be against the rules (at least back then) but it goes against the spirit of the game. Many fans believe that every car should race with the aim of winning or at least finishing in the highest possible position. This manoeuvre went against this belief and is the reason why so many people were angry. Similar arguments are levelled at pacemakers in long distance races. People say they should not be allowed as every racer should try and win the race.

Some of the harsher fans may even consider this a form of match fixing as they changed the result to suit their needs. The manoeuvre wouldn't be allowed if they were racing in opposing teams. So why allow it if they're in the same team? Hmmm but I AM jealous!!! Going to a Formula 1 race!
rolleyes.gif
If you ever go to a race make sure to post your pictures here!
wink.gif

QUOTE (shinigamii @ Sep 09 2008, 09:37 PM)Also ACC we're still friends this is just a friendly discussion.lol
Sport related conversations can get pretty heated so the golden rule is this:
Criticise the opinion not the person.

It's what separates a discussion from an argument. It's okay to say your wrong because of fact A, fact B etc. It's not acceptable to say your wrong cause your pathetic. That's flaming! Hope that helps!
smile.gif

Oh, please assume all my comments are made with a humble and friendly tone. That's how I intend them.
smile.gif

I went to all the USGP races at Indy and would still be going if Bernie Ecclestone weren't such a money-grubbing Robber Barron. The manufactures apparently all cornered him in a meeting this past weekend and insisted that they must be back in the U.S. by 2010, but I'm not optimistic that it will be at a track that is quite as accessible to me as IMS is. They are talking about a street race in Las Vegas. Can you imagine what the Hotel prices would be like? If you pull off a season world tour, Shinigamai, then I will be envious of you.

Uh, pictures.... I might have some kicking around somewhere, but I've never had good cameras so.... I'll see if I can scratch some up, though.

Dude any camera will do aslong as it has an uber cool F1 car then im happy. XD

Now they are some awesome pictures especially the ones of Shumaker.

Well anyway who do you predict will win Monsa next sunday then. Im hoping for it to be Lewis and ideally it would be a mclaren 1st and second start place. That would really pull the cat out of the bag for ferrari. Also i hope Lewis can channel his anger due to his recent "cirumstances" on the track that day and turn that anger into focus fuel. Xd

Although i do have to say i hope it rains that way Hamilton will have a major league advantage over the ferrari's. Especially if he drives the way he did when the race was going to be cancelled it was so wet. (i forgot the name of thae track and country.)

QUOTE (shinigamii @ Sep 10 2008, 09:07 PM)Well anyway who do you predict will win Monsa next sunday then. Im hoping for it to be Lewis and ideally it would be a mclaren 1st and second start place. That would really pull the cat out of the bag for ferrari. Also i hope Lewis can channel his anger due to his recent "cirumstances" on the track that day and turn that anger into focus fuel. Xd

Although i do have to say i hope it rains that way Hamilton will have a major league advantage over the ferrari's. Especially if he drives the way he did when the race was going to be cancelled it was so wet. (i forgot the name of thae track and country.)I think the chance i high that Hamilton will win the next race, unless he gets on of them penalties again making him 3rd or something.

I hope that it will stay dry, that way Hamilton has better cornering than when its a rainy day and besides that, the race goes alot faster to.

And furter more, i certainly hope that the Toyota´s get good positions to (what can i say, TOYOTA
biggrin.gif
) Ever since the beginning, i´ve had a weak for that team
happy.gif

And AccipiterF1, awesome pictures you showed there
wink.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back