Full system backup restored

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Bold

-kenja sama
Retired
As some members noticed, FTV was down today. Instead of the FTV page, a white page saying "Hacked by animeost.net" could be read.

First, let me specify that animeost.net had nothing to do with this. They were as much a target has we were. Apparently, someone has fun trying to starts little wars in the anime community.

The server were compromised and the content of the main site and forums was lost. A full system backup needed to be restored. Unfortunatly, the latest backup was 2 days old (september 28).

So all posts since that time were lost. Any members who had created an account in the last two days, will need to recreate one.

Sorry for the down time, but let's try to make up for it now that FTV is back. Any person who had a download running, can re-authorize and resume it using the new link.

Have fun and happy anime watching.

Unfortunately, avatars were not backed up. Please re-upload your avatars.

Let me know if you don't have your avatar anymore bold, i think i still have it on my HDD.

Good job on bringing everything back to normal... ^^
now.. next: Who is that bastard... the real Tora with in me is growling... wanna kill... >_>

So am I to understand that content pages are not up yet. Tried some at random and so far The Third is giving a 404 error. As well as many others on the front page.

Just was wondering. And to add to the sentiment against hackers, I wouldn't mind them getting a heart, considering that when they do this, it really shows they don't care about the hard work that is put into these sites and the communities they serve.

Again kudos on the quick recovery.
happy.gif

So it's gonna be a little wierd in the beginning, man It feel's like I've gone back in time lololol, were gonna have to rewrite history here:)

QUOTE (destroyah @ Oct 01 2006, 06:46 PM) So am I to understand that content pages are not up yet. Tried some at random and so far The Third is giving a 404 error. As well as many others on the front page.
Content page? What are you refering to?

I think there is still a few inconsistancies between the filesystem and the main site data. Please point them out so that they can be taken care of.

QUOTE (Bold @ Oct 01 2006, 11:59 PM) Content page? What are you refering to?

I think there is still a few inconsistancies between the filesystem and the main site data. Please point them out so that they can be taken care of.
I think I can understand what he is trying to say.
If, for example, I click on Mai-Otome Special 9 on the front page, the server gives me 404 error.

The requested URL /series.php/686/Mai Otome/ was not found on this server.

Btw, somehow I can retrieve a few files that gone atm. I will try to retrieve some important information, epsecially in anime and manga and for FTV Award #3. If there is some post that is important that you want me to retrieve, you can PM me.

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Oct 02 2006, 12:06 AM) Two days is better than two weeks.

(my avatar is showing fine without my reuploading it ...?)
I can't see your avatar. Seriously.
Try to clean Firefox Cache and reload fansub and you will see that I am right.

P.S. Jul, I can't see your ava either.

weird this is like the 2nd time I know this site got hacked again, what is with people?

QUOTE (demogog @ Oct 01 2006, 07:08 PM) I can't see your avatar. Seriously.
Try to clean Firefox Cache and reload fansub and you will see that I am right.

Better?

(and yeah, can't see jul's avatar now, you're right)

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Oct 02 2006, 12:14 AM) Better?

Of course
cool.gif

P.S. I forgot to thank FTV Team for great work in hard times.

Thank you all for your hard work!

It's not a problem. While daft was working on restoring, some of us (especially me) took the Damage control at AOST (in case false rumors are going around). That i found out to happen for while in there...

Also, thanks to you guys for being patient and informing at the AOST temporary forums about it and keeping things low.

QUOTE (demogog @ Oct 01 2006, 07:08 PM)

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Oct 01 2006, 07:14 PM)

Now, should be better. lol thanks!!

QUOTE (hamasusuke @ Oct 01 2006, 07:19 PM)It's not a problem. While daft was working on restoring, some of us (especially me) took the Damage control at AOST (in case false rumors are going around). That i found out to happen for while in there...

Also, thanks to you guys for being patient and informing at the AOST temporary forums about it and keeping things low.

Yeah, that was our "dark" time... anyway..thanks a lot daft and other team who retrieve this site.

note: I have retireve some anime on the anime section. but, it seems i can't retrieve the info on Ftv awards. I will try again later.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back