• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#41 Anthrax117

Anthrax117

-chan

• Kouhais
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:Many. ill post them up later!

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:15 PM

hehe!!! this series is awesome... i got my own download site for these series... but it looks promising of a great time.. hopefully the Subgroups don't give it up because its licensed.

user posted image

#42 Anybody

Anybody

-sama

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:01 AM

the outrageous cannibalization of storyline and the fact that they gave RED-SHANA(please, can I just forget that horror already?) Hair to Kuro surelly made sure that I will title this as "The letdown of the year"
user posted image

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Fai < My anime List (lol)

#43 Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt

-sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3344 posts
  • Interests:Anime =) - esp fantasy, school comedy, fighting;
    All sorts of metal - including Japanese;
    All the Japanese stuff;
    Russian science fiction.

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE (Anybody @ Jan 13 2009, 08:01 PM)
the outrageous cannibalization of storyline and the fact that they gave RED-SHANA(please, can I just forget that horror already?) Hair to Kuro surelly made sure that I will title this as "The letdown of the year"

I dunno, she looked more like that girl from Guren Lagann biggrin.gif

I do agree though that the style has been standartized too much into average anime style, although it didn't really lose all of its flavour.
<p>monofood.gif<br><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.animenews...r=Ausdoerrt'>My rarely-updated anime list</a></p>

#44 GERBER

GERBER

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Interests:SPORTS, COMPUTERS, HANGIN WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY. WATCHIN ANIME WITH COMMEDY N ACTION. ANY OTHER QUESTIONS MESSAGE ME, LATEZ!!!!!!!

Posted 15 January 2009 - 01:37 AM

QUOTE (damienstryker @ Jan 01 2009, 11:41 AM)
probably one of the most intense combos that I've ever seen a character pull off in a series... barring Naruto. >.>;; and someone who isn't crucial to the series... leaves the series in one of the most graphic, grotesque, and overall... jacked up ways that I could ever imagine.

Sad that they left out the important parts, but a anime adaption doesn't have to fallow the manga at all(I know most of you prefer the manga). Though reading some of the stuff, it should have fallowed from a good distance of the manga.

Saw episode one(never read the manga), I was hooked from start to end. Too bad about Mayu(Lil girl) and Risa(school mate).

I agree with the fact that that scene was too grotesque(quote above), that was just a cruel way to die. That was a big combo, just reminded me of Tomoyo for a sec.
Can't wait for episode 2, Bandai should have waited on the dubbing, as mentioned before it might not even come out decently. JAANE~ tongue.gif

#45 Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt

-sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3344 posts
    All the Japanese stuff;
    Russian science fiction.

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:19 AM

^ Dubbing? Really? I wouldn't care for it that much, it won't be a good dub anyway. This doesn't seem like the type of series that can be dubbed well into English.
<p>monofood.gif<br><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.animenews...r=Ausdoerrt'>My rarely-updated anime list</a></p>

#46 Uz3r013

Uz3r013

-sama "The Great Ero King"

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1202 posts
  • Interests:Birthday: June 30 2086 (wont let me select that year &lt;_&lt;)<br><br>Manga Editor @ Solaris-SVU (http://www.mangaworld.org/)<br>Editor for: Girls Saurus DX<br><br>Online Gaming:<br>-Left4Dead<br>-Team Fortress<br>-Call of Duty<br>-Spore<br><br>Old Skool gaming:<br>-Total Annihilation<br>-Metal Slug<br><br>Favorite Mangas:<br>Change 123<br>Rosario + Vampire<br>Kemeko Dx<br>Mysterious Girlfriend X <br>Akumetsu <br>Mahou Tsukai Kurohime <br>Yakuza Girl<br>Highschool of the Dead<br>Girls Saurus and Girls Saurus DX<br>History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi <br>Sekirei <br>My Balls <br><br>Favorite Anime Girls:<br>1.M.M. - Kemeko Dx<br>2.Moka(inner) - Rosario + Vampire<br>3.Karoi Kanzaki - To Aru Majutsu no Index<br>4.Horo - Spice and Wolf<br>5.Neliel tu Oderschvank - Bleach<br>6.Tayuya - Naruto<br>7.Halibel - Bleach<br>8.Asuka Langley Soryu - Evangelion

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:46 AM

QUOTE (Anybody @ Jan 13 2009, 06:01 PM)

judge books by there cover much? Considering this is the beginingg of the year and only the first episode of the anime. saying its "The letdown of the year" is way pre-mature. Who knows, maybe the new rearrangement for the story will be better than the mangas.

And atho i dont know what "RED-SHANA Hair" is. The animation looked good, and the fight scene was one of the best i have seen in recent anime. I have read the manga, and am still looking forward to episode 2, i wanna see what dirrection the story goes(i already have a good idea, but ill keep it to myself). And if the fights are as good as this throughout the season, then this should be a good one.
user posted image

#47 GERBER

GERBER

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Interests:SPORTS, COMPUTERS, HANGIN WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY. WATCHIN ANIME WITH COMMEDY N ACTION. ANY OTHER QUESTIONS MESSAGE ME, LATEZ!!!!!!!

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Jan 14 2009, 07:19 PM)
^ Dubbing? Really? I wouldn't care for it that much, it won't be a good dub anyway. This doesn't seem like the type of series that can be dubbed well into English.

Yeah it would be pointless to dub most of the anime series. This one deserves to be left alone, that's what I have said before many times on another topic about the dubbing. ANY WHO... yeah am looking forward to episode 2, just like the action and story so far.

#48 ghost-kun

ghost-kun

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:Things that go bump in the night. . . but not on my walls. . . damn annoying poltergeist.

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:13 AM

One word

"TRUCK!!"

Mod Note: That is absolutely wonderful, but we prefer that posts have more than just one word here less they be considered spam and subsequently deleted.

Edited by Barbobot, 15 January 2009 - 04:28 AM.

"It's a simple question really; would you eat the moon if it were made out of ribs?"

#49 Anybody

Anybody

-sama

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:36 AM

QUOTE (Uz3r013 @ Jan 14 2009, 08:46 PM)
judge books by there cover much? Considering this is the beginingg of the year and only the first episode of the anime. saying its "The letdown of the year" is way pre-mature. Who knows, maybe the new rearrangement for the story will be better than the mangas.

And atho i dont know what "RED-SHANA Hair" is. The animation looked good, and the fight scene was one of the best i have seen in recent anime. I have read the manga, and am still looking forward to episode 2, i wanna see what dirrection the story goes(i already have a good idea, but ill keep it to myself). And if the fights are as good as this throughout the season, then this should be a good one.

When series are based on manga, one episode is enough to decide on if series are trash or no.

Make it better? Through the entire history i do not remember at least one case of anime deviation being better than manga original. Got fooled once and paid the price(having to watch the horror of 52 mediocre episodes of fma and the horrible horrible unneeded movie)

In no way this is better - they made it more mainstream accessible and destroyed character designs AND story flow.

As for Shana hair - oh please:
"Loli-looking" + "cute" + "fighter" = Let's give her red hair so this looks like another shana and all sick lolicons will gather here.

Seriously I see no other reason to change her hair colour from the CANON color in manga.

After horrible mediocrity loved by mainstream public, known as Shana, it seems that every studio will try to cash in on the "red headed loli fighter" stereotype.

Or maybe I am wrong and its just another...ANOTHER case of cannibalized character designs this anime adaptation is already known for.
user posted image

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Fai < My anime List (lol)

#50 Uz3r013

Uz3r013

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1202 posts
  • Interests:Birthday: June 30 2086 (wont let me select that year &lt;_&lt;)<br><br>Manga Editor @ Solaris-SVU (http://www.mangaworld.org/)<br>Editor for: Girls Saurus DX<br><br>Online Gaming:<br>-Left4Dead<br>-Team Fortress<br>-Call of Duty<br>-Spore<br><br>Old Skool gaming:<br>-Total Annihilation<br>-Metal Slug<br><br>Favorite Mangas:<br>Change 123<br>Rosario + Vampire<br>Kemeko Dx<br>Mysterious Girlfriend X <br>Akumetsu <br>Mahou Tsukai Kurohime <br>Yakuza Girl<br>Highschool of the Dead<br>Girls Saurus and Girls Saurus DX<br>History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi <br>Sekirei <br>My Balls <br><br>Favorite Anime Girls:<br>1.M.M. - Kemeko Dx<br>2.Moka(inner) - Rosario + Vampire<br>3.Karoi Kanzaki - To Aru Majutsu no Index<br>4.Horo - Spice and Wolf<br>5.Neliel tu Oderschvank - Bleach<br>6.Tayuya - Naruto<br>7.Halibel - Bleach<br>8.Asuka Langley Soryu - Evangelion

Posted 15 January 2009 - 06:10 AM

QUOTE (Anybody @ Jan 14 2009, 09:36 PM)
When series are based on manga, one episode is enough to decide on if series are trash or no.

Make it better?  Through the entire history i do not remember at least one case of anime deviation being better than manga original. Got fooled once and paid the price(having to watch the horror of 52 mediocre episodes of fma and the horrible horrible unneeded movie)

In no way this is better - they made it more mainstream accessible and destroyed character designs AND story flow.

As for Shana hair - oh please:
"Loli-looking" + "cute" + "fighter" = Let's give her red hair so this looks like another shana and all sick lolicons will gather here.

Seriously I see no other reason to change her hair colour from the CANON color in manga.

After horrible mediocrity loved by mainstream public, known as Shana, it seems that every studio will try to cash in on the "red headed loli fighter" stereotype.

Or maybe I am wrong and its just another...ANOTHER case of cannibalized character designs this anime adaptation is already known for.

SHANA color? CANON color? wtf are you talking about?

And her hair has always been red. She was a red head in the manga so of course they are going to make her a red head in the anime... And she is most certainly not a loli... small chested maybe, but not a loli (shes too tall, to fit the loli category)

I think you might have your characters mixed up buddy...
user posted image

#51 Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt

-sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3344 posts
    All the Japanese stuff;
    Russian science fiction.

Posted 15 January 2009 - 06:12 AM

Well, just your opinion there man, no need to be so critical. The FMA anime was one of the best I've seen, and, while different from manga, not necessarily inferior. The anime was given a reasonable and logical ending while the manga went off the deep end, and overdid it with plot turns. If it wasn't for the great new characters from Xing, I'd drop it. I do agree the movie was pretty much crap tho biggrin.gif

For the Kuro Kami - no reason to criticize it so bad based on just one episode. As for the "change" in hair colour you seem to be so obsessed about - what is the "canon" colour you speak of? First of all, it can hardly be called "canon" since the manhwa has not even been completed, much far from becoming popular enough to talk of "canon". Secondly, if you are really so much a fan of the series, you'd notice that Kuro's hair is actually red on the covers, and in the manga her hair is grey, which could mean that it's anywhere from dark yellow to light brown, namely red. Also, she looks nothing like Shana, much less behave like that, so the similarity must be your imagination rolleyes.gif

#52 Uz3r013

Uz3r013

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1202 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 06:18 AM

oh Shana... now i get it. i forgot her hair does turn red. i thot the name sounded familiar... my brain isnt working right today. And Shana uses a sword, she uses her fists. i think the only thing the 2 characters have in common is red hair... you know what... how did you even link these 2 together? There almost totally diffrent, id say 90% diffrent, very few similarites besides the insanely common boy/girl bound together senario.

And I think your using the word "cannibalized" wrong... good word, but I dont think it fits the situation. Its more like they "adapted" it from manga. I mean, i see where your coming from, i just dont think thats the right word to describe the situation.

anyway... Ausdoerrt you ruined my big reveal dry.gif

I wanted to argue with him a bit more sleep.gif but whatever...here is the evidence...lol I say "dont judge a book by its cover", and here i am showing covers haha!

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
I like pic 3 the most, but i dont remember those wolves... were there wolves in the manga?
-PIX HERE- Spoiler contains manga covers. might give hints about stuff... so spoiler just in case.
user posted image

#53 GERBER

GERBER

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:45 PM

Here is another lil comparison from me...
This is the Manga and Novel Cover Comparison

user posted image user posted image

Anime Comparisons(Couldn't find a better Shana one)
user posted imageuser posted image

IMO Kuro resembles Shana in a way, but they don't look the same, ANY WHO... Kuro is one Kick @$$ Mototsumitama, JAANE~ tongue.gif

#54 Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt

-sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3344 posts
    All the Japanese stuff;
    Russian science fiction.

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:48 PM

Well, the face and eyes look completely different, and Kuro has BOOBS, Shana does not. In any case, if you want to blame the similarity on anything, blame it on the original Kurokami manhwa (though pretty sure its not intentional)

#55 Uz3r013

Uz3r013

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1202 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 06:11 PM

in both comparisons, the hair is diffrent, diffrent art style and diffrent coloring style. Color itself is similar, but Shana's is a more firey red and Kuro's is more like a brownish-red. Hair Style is similar, but its not like they are the first characters to have butt-lenth hair with long bangs.

Beyond that, Shana's creator is Japanese
Kuro's Creator is Korean or Chinaese <-i hav no idea how to spell that laugh.gif . Tho it doesnt matter because im pretty sure hes Korean, im just covering my bases tongue.gif

Honestly tho, How do you come up with Kuro being a rip off of Shana?

Wait a minute...It just hit me...Why is japan animating a Korean manga?

*edit 1* Nvm, Apparently the manga IS published in a japanese mag.
user posted image

#56 chickenwing71x

chickenwing71x

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Interests:Other than the obvious...<br>Snowboarding<br>Bike Trials<br>Freeride Mountainbiking

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:06 PM

Yeah, it's different from the manga/manwha. What's the problem? I do prefer the manga/manwha, but I still loved the first episode of the anime. I'll be reading it and watching it.

I don't get the hair thing either. According to the various pictures posted, it looks to me like Kuro stayed closer to her origins than Shana did. And who cares if they have similar color hair anyways?

#57 tumle

tumle

-chan

• Kouhais
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:29 PM

That was one awesome fight scene. The way the villain comes in from behind and smacked her in the head with the baseball bat, made my jaw fall in disbelief. Don't see such detailed violence often. That scene alone sold me completely and it's a definite watch for me.
user posted image
Ongoing favorite: ~ Asu no Yoichi ~ Kurokami ~ Shikabane Hime ~ Rideback ~

#58 Kit-Tsukasa

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10929 posts
  • Interests:Watching anime since childhood.
    I wait for quality releases. Need recommendations? Just ask.

Lurked Fansub TV since November 2004
    Joined Fansub TV Forums in December 2005
    Sempai in June 2006
    Fansub TV Team in October 2006
    10000th post in July 2011
    Fansub TV Leader in January 2011

Interested in revitalizing Fansub TV Forums. Support requested.

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (Uz3r013 @ Jan 15 2009, 11:11 AM)
Beyond that, Shana's creator is Japanese
Kuro's Creator is Korean or Chinaese <-i hav no idea how to spell that laugh.gif . Tho it doesnt matter because im pretty sure hes Korean, im just covering my bases tongue.gif

Honestly tho, How do you come up with Kuro being a rip off of Shana?

Kuro's red hair that looks like it's burning (hence why it's so dark) = Shana in her flame haze form.

Only differences I'm seeing is that Kuro isn't flat (or so I think), not a tsundere, and not voice acted by Rie Kugimiya.

#59 Gustav1976

Gustav1976

-sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1825 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:19 PM

there's something that's been bugging me about this show, it's not a big thing really but it's at the back of my mind driving me nuts: WHERE THE HECK HAVE I SEEN THAT DOG BEFORE? laugh.gif

#60 Uz3r013

Uz3r013

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1202 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:34 PM

Kuro's red hair that looks like it's burning (hence why it's so dark)

I dont think Kuro's hair looks like its burning. any1 else think it looks likes its burning? anyway...

And who cares if they have similar color hair anyways?

True. Point is "Anybody" thot her hair in the manga was black and they changed it to a redish color to imatate Shana as a ploy to boost sales/ratings. Which is wrong because her hair has always been red. Beyond that, any similarities seen in the two characters is just imagination, same thing as looking for similarites between Sailor Mercury and Rei because they both have short blue hair. There is only so many combonations of Hair styles/colors that look good. Others are bound to look similar to each other.

there's something that's been bugging me about this show, it's not a big thing really but it's at the back of my mind driving me nuts: WHERE THE HECK HAVE I SEEN THAT DOG BEFORE?

The manga? or maybe Open Season? they sort of look alike i guess.

user posted imageuser posted image
He is cute isnt he smile.gif Looks like a mix between a rottweiler and a Wiener dog.
user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users