Clannad

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

jul10

-mokyu
Retired
Unfortunately, this anime is not a TV series. It is only a movie. I hope it is not only 1 episode. >.<

th_92189_clannad_2_122_332lo.jpg

Title: Clannad
Japanese Title: クラナド
Type: Movie
Genre: Drama, Romance
Official Website: Clannad Movie
Premiere: 2007
Synopsis from AniDB:
Clannad is set in a high-school located in some Japanese town. Okazaki Tomoya is a third-year student who doesn`t take his studies seriously. Always late for class, he`s seen as a delinquent by the rest of his classmates who are busy preparing for their entrance examinations. Needless to say, he hasn`t too many close friends either.

Tomoya seems not to mind too - until one day he meets a girl, Furukawa Nagisa, who is left alone without friends on this school, because everybody she knew already graduated. What a clumsy girl, he thinks at first. But he can`t leave her alone and so, while helping her, he meets a few other girls from his school. Although he doesn`t care much about them at first, he soon opens his heart to them as they get to know each other better.

To be honest, the first time I heard about Clannad is from Juhachi's signature. The interesting part is that Clannad is made by the same producer of Kanon and Air. And, the thing on my mind was only, "I wish there is an anime for this game". Well, really happy that there will be an anime for this, but I'm a bit disappointed that it is not a TV series. >.< Anyway, I have a high hope for this movie.
laugh.gif

Oh yeah, this is Juhachi's signature about Clannad that I just stole awhile ago...
tongue.gif
(Gome Juhachi!)

hey do u know whens the release day or month of this?

QUOTE (jul10 @ Jan 01 2007, 04:15 PM) Oh yeah, this is Juhachi's signature about Clannad that I just stole awhile ago...
tongue.gif
(Gome Juhachi!)

Ah it's okay; glad that it came of some use even though at the moment I have Air and Clannad hidden so my sig doesn't appear too big. XD According to Wikipedia, it will come out sometime next this year, though an exact date hasn't been given yet. They may even want to wait until Kanon is done airing in March and make the announcement then.
wink.gif

QUOTE (doofus123 @ Jan 02 2007, 02:07 AM) woot? another navel adoption!! i was hoping for a series with clanned tho i've never played the game.
Try again; Kanon, Air and Clannad were all adapted from Key games.
wink.gif
IMO, I love Key much more than Navel.

Also interesting how Toei Animation (who did Kanon 2002 and Air movie) is doing the Clannad movie. Also, since KyoAni did Air TV and Kanon 2006, could this possibly mean that someday we may be watching a Clannad TV series made by KyoAni?!
biggrin.gif
I most surely hope so.
happy.gif

On top of that, Little Busters! is a new game by Key which hasn't been released yet, but the characters sure are cute. ^^ Not much info on it right now, but I hope one day I'll be watching a Little Busters! movie/anime too. ^^

QUOTE (Juhachi @ Jan 02 2007, 06:39 AM) Try again; Kanon, Air and Clannad were all adapted from Key games.
wink.gif
IMO, I love Key much more than Navel.
Actually, Navel also has some game projects that is not adapted into anime. Most of their games also contains cute characters.
rolleyes.gif
Such as their new game, Oretsuba and Judgement Chime. I wish they also make it into the anime, like shuffle! Unfortunately, their second project that adapt PC game to anime, Soul Link, is not as successful as shuffle!. I'm afraid that they will not make anymore anime from their game.

Back to the topic, Key ,without doubt, also make some cute games such as Little Buster and Clannad. Same as Navel's game, the characters are too cute to be missed.
laugh.gif

To be honest, I can't choose which one is better, Navel or Key. >.< And actually, I don't like anime movie very much. Usually, in the movie the story is rushed and not too good. Too bad that Clannad is only movie.... I really wish that they make it into TV series.

I ran into Clannad back when I was first poking around in the bishoujo-style fandom, so I'm looking forward to the movie (and downloading Kannon one day ....) Hopefully a sub will come out soon after its premiere .... but if they wait for a DVD release it may be a while until we get one.

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Jan 02 2007, 07:25 PM) but if they wait for a DVD release it may be a while until we get one.
Such is the problem with anime movies. The same thing is going to happen to the Shana movie, newest Studio Ghibli movie (came out last July, still not on DVD though), future Naruto movies, and it happened to the FMA movie, but we all stuck with it and eventually a DVD is released, though then there's still the thing about then getting it subbed...
sleep.gif

Ah well, a movie is better than nothing IMO. I think Nagisa (lead character) is cute how she calls out names of food she wants to eat to motivate her, though she's no where near as cute as the leads from Kanon (Ayu) and Air (Misuzu); still looking forward to the movie though.
happy.gif

Oh! I wanna see the movie when it comes out! It looks so cute! I wonder who's gonna sub it when it comes out?

QUOTE (FireChick @ Jan 07 2007, 12:21 PM) Oh! I wanna see the movie when it comes out! It looks so cute! I wonder who's gonna sub it when it comes out?
My guess would (I hope) Eclipse and SS since they're currently doing the Kanon sub, but who knows really. I am also expecting them to do the Shana movie sub when that comes out. ^^

so its like kanon
huh.gif
if it is then this would be on my list
smile.gif
. UGUU! GAO! Auu! and i still need more
laugh.gif

edit: thx juhachi, nearly forgot about it
tongue.gif

QUOTE (wwwwww @ Jan 07 2007, 03:34 PM) so its like kanon
huh.gif
if it is then this would be on my list
smile.gif
. UGUU! GAO! and i need one more
laugh.gif
You already have Auu~.
laugh.gif

And to say it is "like Kanon" may be overstated. Kanon, Air and Clannad were all made by Key originally, so there will be some similarities, but as far as I can tell, Kanon seems more mysterious and sad than Clannad. Then again I've only got a vague idea of what Clannad's story is, so don't take my word for it.

Also for anyone interested, the OP from the game is on youtube:

OP video from game

Also, the After Story ED (not the main ED though)

Btw, I already downloaded the OST a few months back and it's pretty good; right up there with Kanon and Air.
happy.gif
I really hope they use the OP/ED from the game for the movie, though since it's Toei and not KyoAni doing the movie, that's not exactly guaranteed.
dry.gif

QUOTE (Juhachi @ Jan 09 2007, 03:09 AM) Also for anyone interested, the OP from the game is on youtube:

OP video from game
The OP looks interesting. And, before anyone else claim someone, I want to claim Kyou ~something~ (the girl that is introduced after Nagisa in the game OP), and Fuko Ibuki.
laugh.gif

I think both of them are cuter than Nagisa. This sure kinda reminds me of Kanon. Sayuri and Nayuki (from Kanon) are a LOT cuter than Ayu. No offense to Ayu's fans, though...
tongue.gif

QUOTE (jul10 @ Jan 09 2007, 11:31 AM) Sayuri and Nayuki (from Kanon) are a LOT cuter than Ayu. No offense to Ayu's fans, though...
tongue.gif

None taken; I find Sayuri and Nayuki cute in their own way too, but Ayu just seems to pwns them with her uguu power!
laugh.gif

And also something that utterly confused the hell out of me:

In the bottom left hand corner, Nagisa is wearing the school uniform from Kanon. WTF?!

QUOTE Btw, I already downloaded the OST a few months back and it's pretty good; right up there with Kanon and Air. I really hope they use the OP/ED from the game for the movie, though since it's Toei and not KyoAni doing the movie, that's not exactly guaranteed.

Really? You have the OST? Can I see it? Can I have a download link? Well...if it's okay, I mean.
unsure.gif
Oh! I added the Clannad game OP to my YouTube favorites. I must say it's really good!

---------------
I managed to find the OP for the Clannad adult game 'Tomoyo After ~It's a Wonderful Life~ here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W74nzewtt4w...related&search=

[Moderator's Note: Please do not double post, use the edit feature instead.]

QUOTE (FireChick @ Jan 14 2007, 10:53 AM) Really? You have the OST? Can I see it? Can I have a download link? Well...if it's okay, I mean.
unsure.gif
Oh! I added the Clannad game OP to my YouTube favorites. I must say it's really good!
Yes I agree, the Clannad OP has really grown on me since the first time I listened to it.
happy.gif

Anyway, here's the OST:

Megaupload download

QUOTE (Juhachi @ Jan 14 2007, 08:53 PM)

Megaupload download
blink.gif
it is from nipponsex....
ph34r.gif

The song that firechick give, it is very reminds me of Air song. Well, I don't mind if they make a different songs for the movie though, as long as it is still nice. Instead of that song problem, my only wish is that they make this movie into anime. >o<

QUOTE (jul10 @ Jan 14 2007, 09:36 PM)
blink.gif
it is from nipponsex....
ph34r.gif

Yes, I originally got it from their IRC channel a while back, though they only have a handful of soundtracks from hentai games (though it's ironic that they'd have the Clannad OST since it was never a hentai game :/ )

And I liked that song from Tomoyo After very much; Lia's an awesome singer.
biggrin.gif
Makes me want to get the OST, but I can't find a torrent of it.
dry.gif

Yay! Thanks for the OST! I think I like it already! Anyway...Nagisa is so cute to me. Also, for the PS2, Mai Nakahara is her seiyuu according to Wikipedia.

QUOTE (FireChick @ Jan 15 2007, 05:08 AM) Yay! Thanks for the OST! I think I like it already! Anyway...Nagisa is so cute to me. Also, for the PS2, Mai Nakahara is her seiyuu according to Wikipedia.
Yeah, I really like Mai Nakahara so if they keep her for the movie, I'm going to be really happy.
biggrin.gif
Nagisa's actually grown on me some though Tomoyo is also really nice in my book too.
wink.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back