Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: MONTHLY GIRLS' NOZAKI KUN
Japanese: 月刊少女野崎くん
Airing date: 7/7/2014 (TV series 12 episodes)
Genres: Comedy, Romance, School Life
Original creator: Izumi Tsubaki
Director: Mitsue Yamazaki
Written by: Yoshiko Nakamura
Music by: Yukari Hashimoto
Character designer: Junichirō Taniguchi
Chief animation director: Ryohei Takeshita
Chief animation supervisor: Junichirō Taniguchi
Art director: Jirō Kōno
Sound director: Kō Matsuo
Director of photography: Kunihiko Itō
Color design by: Kei Ishiguro
Editing by: Mutsumi Takemiya
Music producer: Media Factory
Produced by: Gekkan Shōjo Nozaki-kun Production Committee
Studio: Doga Kobo
Network: TV Tokyo, TV Osaka, TV Aichi, TSC, TV Hokkaido, TVQ, AT-X
Opening theme: "Kimi Janakya Dame Mitai (君じゃなきゃダメみたい)" by Masayoshi Ōishi
Ending theme: "Uraomote Fortune (ウラオモテ・フォーチュン)" by Ari Ozawa (Chiyo Sakura)

Main cast: Umetaro Nozaki (野崎 梅太郎) voiced by Yuichi Nakamura
Chiyo Sakura (佐倉 千代) voiced by Ari Ozawa
Mikoto Mikoshiba (御子柴 実琴) voiced by Nobuhiko Okamoto
Yuzuki Seō (瀬尾 結月) voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro
Hirotaka Wakamatsu (若松 博隆) voiced by Ryōhei Kimura

Masayuki Hori (堀 政行) voiced by Yūki Ono
Yū Kashima (鹿島 遊) voiced by Mai Nakahara
Supporting cast: Ken Miyamae (宮前 剣)http://www.ganganonline.com/comic/nozaki/img/chara07.gif voiced by Kenta Miyake
Yukari Miyako (都 ゆかり) voiced by Ayako Kawasumi
Mitsuya Maeno (前野 蜜也) voiced by Daisuke Ono
Manga characters: Mamiko (マミコ) voiced by Marie Miyake
Saburo Suzuki (鈴木 三郎) voiced by Mamoru Miyano
PVs:'
Official site:

Synopsis:
Sakura Chiyo confesses to her crush, Nozaki-kun, but he mistakes her as a fan! Unable to convey her feelings, what happens when he invites her to his house? Find out in this hilarious series!

QUOTE (Klyern @ Jun 13 2014, 04:43 PM)Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun sounds promising, story seems quite original.
QUOTE (Masich @ May 24 2014, 07:30 AM)(No season is complete without such a serie plot).after skipping so many fujoshi-bait series this season just saw ep'1 of that nice, shoujo manga comedy so i hope its other characters are as good as the main
biggrin.gif

This will be good, I've been following Oresama Teacher for a while now and the manga for this is from the same mangaka.....I'm just a little annoyed that an anime for this came out before OT.

This is going to be a 1-cour series...12 episodes.
rolleyes.gif

Ahahahaha, this show, it's as if Sousuke reincarnated as a shoujo mangaka.
laugh.gif

I like it, but I wonder if they can keep up that pace and energy.

I just watched the first episode, It is nice.
QUOTE (Norren @ Jul 07 2014, 03:45 AM)I like it, but I wonder if they can keep up that pace and energy.I wonder that as well. Either way, I'm definitely going to follow this. Hope for some more awkward romantic comedy!

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Jul 07 2014, 02:17 AM) This will be good It will be? It is, dear Capitano! I watched it yesterday afternoon and truly enjoyed it, from start to finish. A refreshing sweet little story with a cute girlie who looks sweet and determined to get her man. Will be fun watching her trying to do just that since as you already know, Capitano, I have not been a fan of such genres because I always found them rehashed and silly and over and over.
rolleyes.gif

Her dreamboat is tall, dark, handsome, and laid back...my type.
wink.gif
The redhead introduced at the end ain't bad either.
Fun will be had (by me) poking fun at them all whether they be short, tall, and in-between since love does not know any better.
laugh.gif

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Jul 07 2014, 01:10 PM) The redhead introduced at the end ain't bad either.
You rang?
tongue.gif

This first episode was amazing. Chiyo is just too adorable that it feels impossible not to like her. Her monologues and the animation for them are just too funny. Her kind of manic nature (at least on the inside) works well against Nozaki's deadpan demeanor. And when a scene can make you start laughing just from thinking about it, you know you have a winner. The way Chiyo was fake cheering after getting the 2nd autograph cracks me up every time I think about it.

Edit: Forgot to mention this show also has, hands down, the best OP song that I've seen from this season so far.

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Jul 07 2014, 11:10 AM) It will be? It is, dear Capitano! I watched it yesterday afternoon and truly enjoyed it, from start to finish. A refreshing sweet little story with a cute girlie who looks sweet and determined to get her man. Will be fun watching her trying to do just that since as you already know, Capitano, I have not been a fan of such genres because I always found them rehashed and silly and over and over.
rolleyes.gif

Her dreamboat is tall, dark, handsome, and laid back...my type.
wink.gif
The redhead introduced at the end ain't bad either.
Fun will be had (by me) poking fun at them all whether they be short, tall, and in-between since love does not know any better.
laugh.gif

I only just watched this this morning (during breakfast before headed off to work), and thought "looks it is the type of anime that ImTakes would enjoy...may be I'll drop her a message after work", then came on the forum and found you already watched it and seem to like it as well, guess I was right on the mark
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Jul 08 2014, 01:55 AM)hands down, the best OP song that I've seen from this season so far.
QUOTE (Norren @ Jul 07 2014, 04:45 AM)this show, it's as if Sousuke reincarnated as a shoujo mangaka.for me Nozaki is similar to Dōmeki of xxxHolic, also the OPs from both series... ep'2 was funnier with Yuzuki and Mikorin's debut, Edit: Klyern's new sig too
laugh.gif

This show just cracks me up. Poor Chiyo seems cursed to be the only sane man in a cast of airheads. I love the deadpan way she humors people, too, when she realizes she's just screwed and that it's the best/only way out of a situation.
rolleyes.gif
"yaaaaaay... yaaaaaay...."
laugh.gif

Mikorin is kind of funny, but Yuzuki is hillarious. Aside from the fact Yuzuki looks like Touhou's Marisa, she has the same seiyuu and a related personality type to boot.
laugh.gif

Can't wait to see if the rest of the cast is as broken as Mikorin and Yuzuki.

I love how the op sounds a bit like holic at first and then tunes up. The slow comedy is also great xD

Its also funny seeing how the author's models are turned into the oposite sex, im sure there are a lot of secrets like that in other animes/mangas/light novels going around backstage
rolleyes.gif
xD

Gender swap modelling :3 it would be outrageous if someone's waifu turned out to be modeled after a man...
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Norren @ Jul 13 2014, 09:18 PM)Mikorin is kind of funny, but Yuzuki is hillarious. Aside from the fact Yuzuki looks like Touhou's Marisa, she has the same seiyuu and a related personality type to boot.
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Klyern @ Jul 17 2014, 12:57 PM)Its also funny seeing how the author's models are turned into the oposite sex, im sure there are a lot of secrets like that in other animes/mangas/light novels going around backstageactually it happens again in ep.3 with the 'prince' Kashima-'kun', who flirts with girls just like Haruka Tenoh in Sailor Moon S... but punished by Hori instead of Michiru xD also, with Marisa's seiyuu there i updated the Touhou project topic
smile.gif

laugh.gif
This was fun. This series has some really weird characters with Yuzuki Seo with her antics being the best one. Those remarks and the little walk with Nozaki carrying the papers were great. Chiyo really seems to the "Kyon" of this series with her pretty normal comment of the people she meets. Hopefully her love for Nozaki can survive this barrage of strange people who flock around him and her.

lol I like them more than Kawaisou's frustrating weird cast, specially ep.4 when Mikorin and Nozaki play a galge too seriously... doing its prota's friend route as a yaoi manga, 2nd half was hilarious as well with Kashima in a mixer instead
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Jul 28 2014, 03:00 AM) lol I like them more than Kawaisou's frustrating weird cast, specially ep.4 when Mikorin and Nozaki play a galge too seriously... doing its prota's friend route as a yaoi manga, 2nd half was hilarious as well with Kashima in a mixer instead
biggrin.gif

Konamiman x Tomoda ftw
tongue.gif

So far for me when it comes to messed up casts its Haganai in first place, followed by Nozaki and Kawaisou, somewhere in-between i'd put Sakurasou's cast but they would loose against the other casts in weirdness

I liked the editor jokes best, when Maeno lost the script i almost punch the screen in rage xD, or how Nozaki idolises Ken for being diligent and then he tells him "dont look down on manga"
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Klyern @ Aug 6 2014,11:54 PM)liked the editor jokes best, when Maeno lost the script i almost punch the screen in rage xD, or how Nozaki idolises Ken for being diligent and then he tells him "dont look down on manga"
biggrin.gif
the tanuki girl was too nice so if I get mad, i'll yell MAENO! instead of DIO! xD...
ep.6 is a blast with Waka "vs" Lorelei, I must say best rom-com this season
laugh.gif

Again a fun episode. Waka and Seo's misunderstanding sure was nice. I would like to see more of that. Chiyo may like to be with Nozaki but he doesn't even get a clue that she likes him. There really needs to change something for him to notice it.
Best part of the episode was when he was better and saw the manga parts that the others made...he couldn't except anything of what they did while he was sick. It matches Nozaki but also shows the weakness he has.

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Aug 12 2014, 02:57 PM)I would like to see more of that. Chiyo may like to be with Nozaki but he doesn't even get a clue that she likes him. There really needs to change something for him to notice it.indeed but he's shown totally clueless in ep.7 after she asks him out, she didn't expect such a date prioritizing his work... yet was more awkward to see Mikorin in a shop bishoujo of figures, also doing weird poses as model for her art club
smile.gif

This is an awesome watch, it just sucks that Oresama Teacher isn't the one being animated.

I hope this anime paves way for an OT anime, which will be awesome.

I absolutely love how Mikorin continually digs himself into a hole over and over again....oh, when will he learn to just say "No".
tongue.gif

also was great how Kashima-ouji finds out that Hori-chan-sempai is into shoujo manga, as if it was a Bible in ep.8... without knowing he did to help Nozaki, my favorite scenes: when she surpasses Mikorin's cheesy lines and the "rodeo"
laugh.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Aug 25 2014, 03:00 AM) also was great how Kashima-ouji finds out that Hori-chan-sempai is into shoujo manga, as if it was a Bible in ep.8... without knowing he did to help Nozaki, my favorite scenes: when she surpasses Mikorin's cheesy lines and the "rodeo"
laugh.gif

"make the protagonist turn into a cow. But make the transforming back scene flashy"

xd that was awesome, i had already read the manga for that chapter but the way he said it was classic lol

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back