Log Horizon: Entaku Houkai (2021) & 2nd Series

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: LOG HORIZON Second Series
Japanese: ログ・ホライズン 第2シリーズ
Airing dates: 5/10/2013 (TV series 25 episodes) and 4/8/2014 (second season 25 episodes)
Genres: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Magic, Romance, Shōnen
Original creator: Mamare Tōno
Original character designer: Kazuhiro Hara (light novel)
Director: Shinji Ishihara
Written by: Toshizō Nemoto
Music by: Yasuharu Takanashi
Story by: Syōji Masuda
Character designer: Mariko Itō (S1) and Tetsuya Kumagai (S2)
Art director: Yuki Nomura (S1) and Masakazu Miyake (S2)
Director of photography: Yuujirō Yamane (S1) and Shinyo Kondo (S2)
Color design by: Tomomi Murakami (S1) and Imari Katsuragi (S2)
Sound director: Shōji Hata
ADR director: Kyle Jones
Animation producers: Fumio Kaneko and Hideaki Miyamoto
Key animation by: Takashi Hashimoto
CG supervisor: Tomisaburō Hashimoto
Monitor graphics by: Hiromitsu Ishikawa
Producer: Kenichirō Naeshirō
Production supervision by: Atsuko Kashiwagi and Yuji Shibata
Production: NHK Enterprises
Studios: Satelight (S1) and Studio Deen (S2)
Network: NHK E
Opening theme: "Database" by Man With A Mission ft. Takuma (10-Feet)
Ending theme: "Your song*" by Yun*chi
ED theme (S2): "Wonderful Wonder World*" by Yun*chi

Main cast: Shiroe (シロエ) voiced by Takuma Terashima
Naotsugu (直継) voiced by Tomoaki Maeno
Akatsuki (アカツキ) voiced by Emiri Katō
Nyanta (にゃん太) voiced by Jōji Nakata

Log Horizon guild: Touya (トウヤ) voiced by Daiki Yamashita
Minori (ミノリ) voiced by Nao Tamura
Isuzu (五十鈴) voiced by Eriko Matsui
Rundelhaus Code (ルンデルハウス=コード) voiced by Tetsuya Kakihara

Crescent Moon Alliance: Marielle (マリエール) voiced by Yumi Hara
Henrietta (ヘンリエッタ) voiced by Ayahi Takagaki
Serara (セララ) voiced by Misaki Kuno

Supporting cast: Lenessia Eruarte Cowen (レイネシア=エルアルテ=コーウェン) voiced by Mariya Ise
Crusty (クラスティ) voiced by Takahiro Sakurai
Soujirou Seta (ソウジロウ=セタ) voiced by Hiro Shimono
Regan (リ=ガン) voiced by Keiji Fujiwara
Tetra (てとら) voiced by Yukiyo Fujii
Kinjō (菫星) voiced by Tsubasa Yonaga
Rieze (リーゼ) voiced by Rie Murakawa
Nureha (濡羽) voiced by Chiwa Saitō
Shōryū (小竜) voiced by Ryota Ohsaka
Hien (飛燕) voiced by Shohei Kajikawa
Kanami (カナミ) voiced by Marina Inoue
Nazuna (ナズナ) voiced by Kaori Nazuka
Karashin (カラシン) voiced by Nobuhiko Okamoto
Isaac (アイザック) voiced by Satoshi Hino
Eins (アインス) voiced by Masakazu Nishida
Roderick (ロデリック) voiced by Masaki Terasoma
Woodstock W (ウッドストック=W) voiced by Hiroshi Shirōkuma
William Massachusetts (ウィリアム=マサチューセッツ) voiced by Yuuichi Nakamura
Demikas (デミクァス) voiced by Atsushi Imaruoka
Michitaka (ミチタカ) and Smash (スマッシュ) voiced by Hiroki Gotō
Londark (ロンダーグ) and Schreider (シュレイダ) voiced by Eiji Miyashita
Liliana (リリアナ) voiced by Sora Amamiya
Ashlynn (アシュリン) voiced by Kanami Satō
Eizel (アイゼル) voiced by Taishi Murata
Asuka (明日架) voiced by Minami Takahashi
Akaneya Ichimonjinosuke (茜屋=一文字の介) voiced by Chō
Girov (ギーロフ) voiced by Taishi Murata
Misa Takayama (高山 三佐) voiced by Kaori Nazuka
Rezarick (レザリック) voiced by Hironori Saitō
Isami (イサミ) voiced by Natsue Sasamoto
Kawara (カワラ) voiced by Shiori Izawa
Dolce (ドルチェ) voiced by Shōta Yamamoto
Kāyu (カーユ) voiced by Taishi Murata
Taro (タロ) voiced by Genki Muro
Sergiatte Cowen (セルジアッド=コーウェン) voiced by Shinpachi Tsuji
Elissa (エリッサ) voiced by Ikumi Hayama
Kiliva (キリヴァ) voiced by Taishi Murata
Darte (ダルテ) voiced by Hironori Saitō
Fevel (フエヴェル) voiced by Tomosa Murata
Apletta (アプレッタ) voiced by Asuka Ōgame
Lycopene (リコピン) voiced by Kanami Satō
S1 ep.25 PV: http://www.youtube.com/embed/7ermv1F50Vk?rel=0&autoplay=1
S2 ep.1 PV: http://www9.nhk.or.jp/anime/movie/movie.swf?v=log2_pre_25s_1
Official site: http://www9.nhk.or.jp/anime/loghorizon/index.html & http://www9.nhk.or.jp/anime/loghorizon/1st/index.html (S1)

Synopsis: The story begins when 30,000 Japanese gamers are trapped in the fantasy online game world Elder Tale. What was once a sword-and-sorcery world is now the real world. The main lead Shiroe attempts to survive with his old friend Naotsugu and the beautiful assassin Akatsuki. The once chaotic city of Akiba has regained its everyday hustle and bustle following the formation of the self-governing organization Round Table Meeting. The People of the Land, who are originally from the game world, have gained the trust of Shiroe by waging a defensive war against the Goblins in Zantleaf Region. This has led Princess Lenessia of the Cowen family, the highest-ranking PotL aristocrats, to live in Akiba. It's almost winter and the Adventurers are thinking about what they're going to do and what their goals are in this other world. Will they remain in Akiba or go to the city of the West? Or will they travel to the land of the North or another faraway country? The opinions of the Adventurers begin to diverge. What adventures await the members of the Shiroe team in this second series of Log Horizon?

Necropinion: many RPG-like series are airing lately, this is the closest to that kind with similar SAO premise... instead we get a 'megane mage, ninja loli and armored perv' ;p it'll be worth to see what twists brings; Ex: high - PS 9/10

Well I guess this series will hold me over of they ever do the 3rd story of the SAO series. In any case this might be something along th elinee of a combination of the SAO portion of you can never log-out until a condition is met, and the ALO arc of even if you die you can't be killed.

In any case after seeing the first episode I have to say that I kind of like how this series is going for now.
tongue.gif

yep as seen in ep.2 other players died but re-spawned at the cathedral (reason why the PKs raised), it wasn't necessary for the trio to risk their lives attacking monsters to prove that theory but so far I like the twists about this series ^^... there are more fights and stuff explained than SAO's Aincrad or ALO arcs which at times felt rushed for lasting a 'cour' each, anyway we'll see next week if they are successful riding the griffons to search and save that loli Celara in no time
smile.gif

Akatsuki-chan is so adorably, awkwardly cute at times! ^____^ And Shiroe is becoming cooler and cooler! I like it a lot! =)
Though that cat-looking creature I'm still uncertain about. It seems a bit scetchy so far, but I am sure it has a good heart. You really put faith in him to be able to protect that girl the gang is looking for. So thusly I want it to be a good character! >_<

I REALLY hated that scene where the woman and the girl stood horrified behind a tree when that evil guild ransacked their camp. That scene really broke my heart. ;_; You don't attack innocent girls! I really hope that guild meets with a terrible fate! >=C
I also hope those children managed to find a good, caring guild to join and that their days within Elder Tale will be nothing but happy.

Also, the outro of this show is fantastic! I love it very much! =D

I guess by 'outro' you mean ending ;p I like it too but the 'intro' or opening is what makes me hyper to watch each episode, also the battle BGMs are cool specially ep 4 when they arrive at Susukino to rescue Celara and defeat "Delicious" gang ^^... he met a terrible fate by her finishing stroke while he laughs swearing revenge xD serves him right for being a ***hole, as you say Nyanta is nice but he was chief of Shiroe's guild too o_O about the children telling by this preview they'll join as well
wink.gif

Haha, yeah. Ending. =D I think it's really cute! Especially since she pronounces all the "R" as "L". I don't know if it's some kind of speech impairment, but it sounds cute nontheless! =P
That Delicious-guy was far from delicious! Loved the nickname though. ^___^ They really played around with those guys. Shiroe is sooo cool and awesome! I love him big time! =)

Also! Serara/Celara sounds very similar to Bridget-chan from OreImo. I love that voice! ^___^

actually you're right o_O after checking her seiyuu listed above and the OreImo S2 thread i confirmed, both girls are voiced by Misaki Kuno ^^ anyway was 'delicious' how Serara 'finished' him xD... if he was a monster (metaphorically he is) I'm sure his death would give her rare items, also lot of experience to raise her low level ;p so it was a relaxing ep'5 with Nyanta's tasty food (makes sense why he fixed tea)
tongue.gif

Haha, yappari! =D Hopefully she got a lot of experience points from that one so that she'll eventually become a reliable partymember to the others! =) Most awesome was though that they finally got to eat food that had real taste! Food in anime looks sooo delicious! Akatsuki-chan was soo happy! =) Also the scene where they stayed at that NPC's place was really adorable. It was really sweet that they baked cookies for the children. ^__^

now that you mention it ep'6 was half relaxing with Nyanta teaching Crescent Moon Alliance chefs how to cook, half serious talking to Shiroe so finally they decided to start a guild (the title makes sense now)... also he'll try to change Akihabara into a better place helped by his allies initially rescuing Minori and kids, from the Hamelin gang so we can expect another cool fight if they oppose him like 'Delicious' did
laugh.gif

I'm really enjoying this one, more than SAO and I have high hopes for it. The explanation of the battles, and why certain attacks were used and why they work is great. I'm a lot more into MMOs now (thanks to SAO and playing lots of Lucent Heart lol and other games) and so the talk of the battle tactics is quite interesting to me. Akatsuki is my favourite character and I hope she is in it more xD And I love the ED too, not so keen on the OP however.

Good to see we have a guild and the title is now explained, but I was expecting him to name it after his unofficial group from before.

So with this episode we now have a tie-in to the title of this series itself I take it.

In any case at least they explained as to why he never wanted to join an actual guild at all in the first place. Although I think he finally came to terms that sometimes you just have to take the good along with the bad with being in a guild and all.

From the looks of things he might try and build up a guild alliance to help any of the starting players that got sucked into this world. Although I get the feeling that we may get another season of this if things progress well enough I take it.

QUOTE (Maiku_Ando @ Nov 11 2013, 10:12 AM)I'm really enjoying this one, more than SAO and I have high hopes for it. The explanation of the battles, and why certain attacks were used and why they work is great. I'm a lot more into MMOs now (thanks to SAO and playing lots of Lucent Heart lol and other games) and so the talk of the battle tactics is quite interesting to me. Akatsuki is my favourite character and I hope she is in it more xD And I love the ED too, not so keen on the OP
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Nov 12 2013, 01:36 AM)From the looks of things he might try and build up a guild alliance to help any of the starting players that got sucked into this world. Although Iget the feeling that we may get another season of this if things progress well enoughactually this series will be 25 eps. long so maybe it'll be enough to end its story and like Maiku mentioned, for me the fights and comedy are better than SAO's so i'm interested to see many seasons... but overall i like more SAO's character development along outfits and charisma, also its premise hooks you up to keep seeing just like LH with Shiroe's narration on the game and national situation
smile.gif

After watching SAO and Accel world...I wanted nothing to do with a virtual reality premise type show. They are kinda becoming the new zombie apocalypse. I also feel most originality in the premise was explored in the 90s early 00s by GitS, Digimon, dot Hack etc.

Anywho...out of sheer boredom I gave this show a try. I thought it was nothing special. I also wondered where the jeopardy was and that it was totally pointless. Even so...I continued to watch, as the character interactions and quirks slowly grew on me and when Shiroe said he wanted to clean up the Akihabara it dawned on me how kind of impressive this show is. In comparison to SAO where I dropped it early because I thought the characters had no internal logic whatsoever...here I feel the character motivation is valid and believable. Also in terms of evolving the Elder Tales world along new social lines than just the weak and strong. Generally changing the world is possible because the whole point of MMOs is about being empowered.

I feel this show is working subtly on many different level. For example, economic manipulation definitely seems to allude to EVE Online and I like the fact Shiroe understands any information/knowledge like cooking and purchasing a dilapidated building can used advantageously.

Genuinely pleasantly surprised and appreciative of this show.

QUOTE (franzoir @ Nov 19 2013, 04:07 PM)After watching SAO and Accel world...I wanted nothing to do with a virtual reality premise type show. They are kinda becoming the new zombie apocalypse. I also feel most originality in the premise was explored in the 90s early 00s by GitS, Digimon, dot Hack etc.

I feel this show is working subtly on many different level. For example, economic manipulation definitely seems to allude to EVE Online and I like the fact Shiroe understands any information/knowledge like cooking and purchasing a dilapidated building can used advantageously.

Genuinely pleasantly surprised and appreciative of this show.in my case Accel world didn't caught my attention enough like .hack in the 90s, so instead I prefered to watch Ghost in the Shell back then and SAO last year... currently i'm looking forward to see more episodes of GitS: Arise ^^ same with Log horizon, ep'8 was mainly about the Crescent Moon alliance negotiating with other powerful guild masters but next time finally Shiroe will save the kids
happy.gif

Attachments

• ariseb2.png
    ariseb2.png
    325.3 KB · Views: 134
now that the 'villain in glasses' succeeded in setting free all low leveled children from the Hamelin guild and brought order on Akihabara, a 'king' who rules over the People of the land made his apparition... found that a bit too suspicious so i wonder if he's an avatar of the one pulling strings on this apocalyptic, RL game just like Kayaba or Sugou did in SAO's Aincrad and Alfheim arcs respectively
sleep.gif

who else thinks Rudy is a person of the land?

In this last episode he was unable to be added as a friend which makes me think he is some kind of npc.

I also agree that the show is not up to SOA or GITS Arise but it has its own personal points. I like how npc's have a bigger role here. or how items pop out of monster after getting killed... its just classic in my opinion.

hmm i think so too but also his 2nd name 'Code' hints that he's originally a non-playable character, in this case if Rundelhaus dies (as seen in the opening) he'll not revive like adventurers normally do... now makes sense why he bragged as level 20 since his debut in ep.10 without showing his profile, and hesitated with Minori's questions :/ by ep.16 looks like Lenessia will join the Goblin King war
smile.gif

yes, I agree with that. Lenessia is show in battle gear during the opening. Logic would lead me to assume that she might be one of those legendary warriors of the land that were talked about.

would not be the first time that someone unmotivated and lazy turns out to be really strong.

not strong yet her charisma convinced Akiba gamers in ep. 18 ;p is her valkyrie armor just for show? remember, she is princess from mortal People of the Land risking herself as an important figure... or maybe you're right if she descended from Izumo Knights and decides to fight alongside adventurers, learning magic like Rudy did ;/ are they related? looks like next episode will be tragic for him
sad.gif

There is one thing i cant understand, the whole thing about this arc in log horizon is that there is a goblin invasion caused by the event of the goblin king's return, but what does that have to do with the sahuagin attacking at the start of the arc? sahuagin arent goblins, is the goblin king supposed to have some influence on them? is this explained in the light novel?

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back