Dragon-of-Rune's Tutorials

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Dragon-of-Rune

-Jigoku Sensei
Retired
HARD GRUNGE ROCK TUTORIAL.

rockgrungetutorialzy2.gif

Brush set is added to my last post on page 2.

Finally I can make a grunge bg. I got lost on a couple of parts in your tut but soon found the light by playing around and matching your results. I'll try again in the near future to make another sig using your sig for with another render. This is my result from following your tut. I made a couple of adjustments with my final render piece and it came out superb. Great grunge tut DoR.

DoR-ROCK-GRUNGE-TUT.jpg

i just realised you had to repost the tut
dry.gif
, it's a good tut, good to follow too
biggrin.gif

Here my result I skip one of the part because It would have made nearly the whole background black.
dortutmo0.jpg

i cant get teh brush to install.......... or any brush it is compatable with CS2?

QUOTE (Gattsu @ Nov 12 2006, 11:01 AM)i cant get teh brush to install.......... or any brush it is compatable with CS2?Yes the brush is compatable with CS2... I know because I'm using CS2. Did you place it in you brush folder?? C:> Program file > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop CS2 > Presets > Brushes > Adobe Photoshop Only.... that the path to place it in your folder all you have to do is close and reopen photoshop after you place it there and it should be in that triangle =D

actually there is an easier way, and here's a gif I made with the steps needed:

hope it helps, if there are any more questions, just ask
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Kansatsusha-sama @ Nov 02 2006, 01:03 AM) Here my result I skip one of the part because It would have made nearly the whole background black.
dortutmo0.jpg

If you check out the tutorial you see that it's normal that it will almost turn completly black. After that step (below the image) you see that part where you improve all the blackness.

Also nice results WINGZERO619. I will be posting another result of this tutorial tomorrow, i am experimenting some more with this tut.

QUOTE (Dragon-of-Rune @ Nov 12 2006, 07:55 PM)If you check out the tutorial you see that it's normal that it will almost turn completly black. After that step (below the image) you see that part where you improve all the blackness.
Oh I may have miss that since I was doing 3 tut at a time XD I guess I go look at the psd file later and redo it but I still like how that one came out
smile.gif

@BAakaTheOne that is a easy way to do it but when I started using photoshop that started to get on my nerve untill all the brushes was in the triangle.

thansk i will go try it now and i will edit when i have tryed lol i am such an baka ^^

i have figures how to get the brushes sorted but i suck ^^ so i will try to inprove it before i post the mutilated thing and make ur tutoreal suck which it dosent just geting abit lost i i think that my render is to small...

EDIT:

DONE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT WORKS YAYAYAYAYAY only took me about 30 min
tongue.gif
and that was mainly geting the coulers ready ^^

Looks great. But it could use some more effects on the text. Also you used a small render, because i can clearly see the shape of your render in the middle of the background. Try using a render for the background that is bigger that it like the example in the tut.

ok ^^ just need to find a good big render sont have that many pic that i can use at the mo though

ok taken in to consideration what you said and here it si this took me about 20 min i am geting better ^^ have you got any more tuts yet DOR?

cos i wanna ttry then i actually understand you ^^
chobitsgrungecopydi5.gif

and then i realised that there was no borde and some of it needed a bit of a tuch up so here we are final projet and PS any noe have a good tut for the txt cos i am crap wit it

chobitsgrungecopysy0.gif

Moderator Note: Next time edit your post, double posting isn't allowed.

here my redo result...
dortutv2ko3.jpg

nice,very red
biggrin.gif
but nice ^^ but i think that i preferd the first one (n ooffence)

god i shouldent go brush hunting i have to many :'( (he says as he dls more...)

@Gattsu: No i haven't made anymore tutorials i am kinda busy with school, but i am working on a new concept. Once that is done i will make a tutorial and post it here.

yay thanks ^^ cant wait for it what kind will it be grunge or fractle?
lo i need more brushes
tongue.gif
so iam off to get more while dooing pointless sigs for some reson all aruond this but somwhat diffrent.. i think that i will use fraktle instead of grunge see how much diff that makes if that made any sence^^

QUOTE (Gattsu @ Nov 15 2006, 09:08 AM)nice,very red
biggrin.gif
but nice ^^ but i think that i preferd the first one (n ooffence)

god i shouldent go brush hunting i have to many :'( (he says as he dls more...)
Yea I prefer the first one still since that Primula Pic didnt work well with that technique shown in the tut but a different Primula render may have work.

You can use any render you want. But the BG will look beter if you use a huge render on 100% of it's size. The one i used for the tutorial was 689 by 506 px. For 2 other results i used a render with 900 by 1649 px and 1422 by 1557 px.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back