Touhou Project

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

mamori

-sama
Sempai
haven't played any of the official games from this series myself, but the fan made ones are fun enough ^^.

at any rate, the reason i've been inspired to post about this set of games is that I find it VERY odd that even though I'm almost convinced that 10% of ALL japanese fanart is touhou based. However, it has no anime after all this time. what's up with that? manga(or where they just doujin, not sure), and light novels are available, but that's about it besides the games.

only thing I can think of is that the characters in fanworks have evolved into something somewhat(sometimes VERY) different from their canon counterparts, and so making an official work would be difficult in deciding how exactly to portray the characters.

Edit: With over 200+ Posts and still growing we have a Save Point of what has been posted in this thread so far.

http://boards.fansub.tv/?showtopic=7158&vi...ndpost&p=295648

Touhou....u mean as Touhou Project ?
wink.gif

I think I've came across this before.
blink.gif

For more info, check this link out: - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touhou

But even after checking this link out.....I'm still wondering what its all about from what I can see.....the Touhou Project was originally created (in literally all aspects) by "ONE" man who's under a persona known as "ZUN" and then doujins in all forms have been made.

I think a reason to why there's no anime or an official manga for this series is simply because of its "amateur" background and all the doujin links but I sense that an anime is coming our way real soon.
rolleyes.gif

For Touhou anime
You have to think though? How would they make an anime based off of Touhou? From the way you play the game it's mostly loli girls shooting danmaku at each other or so. What would the storyline of a Touhou anime be? If they made an anime with just girls fightng each other and shooting danmaku at each other, it would be a bad anime with that of dragonball z action. Pointless fighting.
I played some of Touhou main series games and to me they're very hard. In the first place, I'm not good with dodging thousands of bullets anyways. Mainly ones I like is Iamp and Scarlet Weather Rhapsody. I doubt Scarlet Weather Rhapsody will be released this Reitaisai though seeing no news popped up about it and it's almost summer. I also agree. I love playing the fanmade games. So far, I have Rekkaden, Gensokyo Rensa. I can't wait until Dreamer's Party get released at Reitaisai I think?
Back to Touhou anime discussion-
Currently, I know Maikaze is still working on their fan anime still. Not sure when it will be released though. Can they pull it off even though it's fan made? Who knows.

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Mar 17 2008, 07:06 PM) I think a reason to why there's no anime or an official manga for this series is simply because of its "amateur" background and all the doujin links but I sense that an anime is coming our way real soon.
rolleyes.gif

There are actually a couple of official manga out there; and besides, both Higurashi and Tsukihime were from amateur backgrounds, and see how big they've become?

Also, this may not be the one by Maikaze, but there is a fan-made anime available; here's the first episode: http://youtube.com/watch?v=I6gphp4hFFY

As for the potentiality that a real anime will be made, it probably will some day. Hell, I'd even settle for a slice of life anime with an occasional battle.

The games, though, I've been wanting to play more, but are very difficult, especially since I've not played them very much. The trick is, though, to see the patterns in the designs and try to dance around the bullets, or that's how I feel it is. But damn are they addictive.
blink.gif

Hey guys I have some good news, an english patch for Immaterial And Missing Power was released at gensokyo.org
biggrin.gif
I just tried it out a little bit and it looks good so far, here are a few screenshoots

auuu but I can't believe how much I suck at this game now after I haven't played it for a while
laugh.gif

Ah I also finally got my hands on Scarlet Weather Rapsody, I think its a bit better than iamp especially you can also finally play with Reisen-chan
biggrin.gif

Well to celebrate the english patch of iamp here are some pics of Reisen-chan ^^

*checks this thread out*

Say I feel like I've seen this bunnygirl artwork before. Wait I get this odd feeling that he did a few pics of Sakura from the Fate/stay night series with and without the bunnygirl ears now. I mean the artwork looks kind of similar here.

Check out the latest Touhou arranged song by the IOSYS circle- Cirno's perfect math class
laugh.gif

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1W-N-JlYVH8

Ahh...it's addicting like a drug and can't get the song out of my head...
biggrin.gif

ba-ka⑨ba-ka⑨ba-ka⑨ba-ka⑨ba-ka⑨ba-ka⑨ba-ka⑨ba-ka
バ-カ⑨バ-カ⑨バ-カ⑨バ-カ⑨バ-カ⑨バ-カ⑨バ-カ⑨バ-カ⑨バ-カ⑨バ-カ⑨
ba-ka⑨ba-ka⑨ba-ka⑨ba-ka⑨ba-ka⑨ba-ka⑨ba-ka⑨ba-ka
バ-カ⑨バ-カ⑨バ-カ⑨バ-カ⑨バ-カ⑨バ-カ⑨バ-カ⑨バ-カ⑨バ-カ⑨バ-カ⑨

Say where can I find this game again. I feel like I wasnt to play this game since it looks really good to play. Besides to be honest I have nothing better to do. And the looks like a fun game to play none the less.

While looking for some links to the games I came across this video. All I have to say is holy frikin sh1t, and I thought Perfect cherry blossom was hard.

@ Kid: if you can download via torrents mininova has some.

Ok then what about a DDL then since I honesty don't trust torents overly much. In any case I would like to kill time playing this game since it seems like it's going to be a long winter for me.

Ahem a small reminder, please don't post ddl for the game here ok.

*facepalm* I forgot about that. Just when the torent link was posted here I thought I would get the DDL for it instead. In any case I guess I'll have to look for this on my own then. Say can this game be pruched on one of those import online stores?

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Nov 24 2008, 08:15 PM)*facepalm* I forgot about that. Just when the torent link was posted here I thought I would get the DDL for it instead. In any case I guess I'll have to look for this on my own then. Say can this game be pruched on one of those import online stores?Sure, even though it's a doujin game you can get it like any other game there.

*Walks in with dark robes*

I cast Thread Necromancy.

Ok putting the rasing of the thread aside I kind of wonder is there anything more to this then just those two games? Heck I know that I ran into a Touhou flash game known as Marapy. If I can find the link for it again I'll post it up.

In any case I'm supprised that something like this is pretty popular though. If you don't belive me then just watch Umineko episode 5 and you'll understand what I'm getting at.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Aug 11 2009, 12:02 PM) Ok putting the rasing of the thread aside I kind of wonder is there anything more to this then just those two games? Heck I know that I ran into a Touhou flash game known as Marapy. If I can find the link for it again I'll post it up.
2 games? There are many more than that unless you're classifying the games all as one thing.

In other news, a sequel comes out c76 this year.
http://www.moetron.com/2009/07/23/touhou-h...ling-confirmed/

All I know are the two games that have been talked about on this thread. Also, that was before I checked out the wiki article. *sweatdrop*
laugh.gif

In any case it seems that this is really picking up a trend of some sort. So I'm expecting to see how things will turn out over things like this.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Aug 11 2009, 01:21 PM) 2 games? There are many more than that unless you're classifying the games all as one thing.

In other news, a sequel comes out c76 this year.
http://www.moetron.com/2009/07/23/touhou-h...ling-confirmed/
Meh, sounds like an expansion to SWR, don't really like the game that much. Also wonder why it's labeled 12.3 not 12.5?
unsure.gif

Anyways, I more looking forward to that UFO game that's going to be at c76 as well. I wanna see Reimu kick some alien butt =))

It's probably a patched version of the game, or a minor expantion for it. In any case I kind of wonder how this series of games got so popular in such a long time period that it has been out like this. I mean the same could be said for Battle Moon Wars as well. Which that game is similar to the SRW setup though.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back