Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai. (S2)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute. (with a period at the end)
Japanese: 俺の妹がこんなに可愛いわけがない
Date aired: 6/4/2013 (TV series 2nd season, 13 episodes +3 later)
Genres: Comedy, Romance, Harem
Director: Hiroyuki Kanbe
Original creator: Tsukasa Fushimi
Original character design by: Hiro Kanzaki
Written by: Hideyuki Kurata
Character design by: Hiro Kanzaki
Music by: Satoru Kosaki
Studio: A-1 Pictures
Network: Tokyo MX, TVK, Tochigi TV, Gunma TV
Opening theme: "Reunion" by ClariS
Main cast: Kirino Kosaka (高坂 桐乃) voiced by Ayana Taketatsu
Kyosuke Kosaka (高坂 京介) voiced by Yuichi Nakamura, Mami Fujita (young)
Ruri Gokō (五更 瑠璃) / Kuroneko (黒猫) voiced by Kana Hanazawa
Saori Makishima (槇島 沙織) / Saori Vageena (沙織・バジーナ) Hitomi Nabatame
Ayase Aragaki (新垣 あやせ) voiced by Saori Hayami
Kanako Kurusu (来栖 加奈子) voiced by Yukari Tamura
Manami Tamura (田村 麻奈実http://www.oreimo-anime.com/images/chara/ch07.png) voiced by Satomi Satō
Sena Akagi (赤城 瀬菜) voiced by Mariya Ise
Supporting cast: Daisuke Kosaka (高坂 大介) voiced by Fumihiko Tachiki
Yoshino Kosaka (高坂 佳乃) voiced by Akeno Watanabe
Kōhei Akagi (赤城 浩平) voiced by Junji Majima
Gennosuke Miura (三浦 絃之介) voiced by Go Inoue
Kaede Makabe (真壁 楓) voiced by Yoshitsugu Matsuoka
Iwao Tamura (田村 いわお) voiced by Hiromi Ohtsuda
Grandfather Tamura (麻奈実の祖父) voiced by Shouto Kashii
Grandmother Tamura (麻奈実の祖母) voiced by Kaoru Katakai
Iori Fate Setsuna (伊織・フェイト・刹那) voiced by Shizuka Itō
Bridget Evans (ブリジット・エヴァンス) voiced by Misaki Kuno
Ria Hagry (リア・ハグリィ) voiced by Ibuki Kido
Kaori Makishima (槇島 香織) voiced by Houko Kuwashima
Kanata Kurusu (来栖 彼方) voiced by Rie Kugimiya
Shinya Sanada (真田 信也) voiced by Masayuki Katō
Meruru / Kurara Hoshino (星野 くらら) voiced by Yukari Tamura
Miyabi (みやび) voiced by Tomoko Akiya
Rinko (りんこ) voiced by Hiromi Igarashi
Komet-kun (こめっとくん) voiced by Mitsuo Iwata
Tamaki Gokō (五更 珠希) voiced by Yui Ogura
Hinata Gokō (五更 日向) voiced by Kana Hanazawa
Misaki Fujima (藤真 美咲) voiced by Yū Asakawa
Kōki Mikagami (御鏡 光輝) voiced by Yūichi Iguchi
Sayaka Kakei (筧 沙也加)
Akimi Sakurai (櫻井 秋美)
TV series S2 PV: http://www.oreimo-anime.com/special/pv01.html
TV series S2 PV 2: http://www.oreimo-anime.com/special/pv02.html
Official website: http://www.oreimo-anime.com/
Official website (S1): http://www.oreimo-anime.com/1st/index.html

Synopsis: Second season of Oreimo. While Kirino organizes things with school and friends following her return from America, Kyosuke grows concerned that she might start ignoring him again due to the way he forced her to come back. At the same time, he struggles to find the meaning behind the kiss Ruri gave him when he went to retrieve her. Later, Kirino once again calls upon Kyosuke for life consultation, having him take her to Akihabara to watch a trailer for the next Meruru season before engaging in a long-missed shopping expedition she spent the entire night planning. As thanks for his help, and to celebrate a year of life consultation, Kirino gives one of her eroge purchases to Kyosuke to play.

Necropinion: glad to see Oreimo returns as a 2nd tv series starting right from where last ONA/OVA ended, it's the season sequel i'm expecting most this spring after all (Kyou's dad is NGE Gendo's seiyuu) xD ex: high - PS 8/10

And so the antics continue, and I kind of feel lost becuase I never saw the OVA epsidoes beofre this. Although I have to ask this question and say do I need to bother hunting down the OVA epsidoes to watch this, or does it continue off with where they left off with what orignally aired on the TV?

Other then that yaeays more Kuroneko to watch.
tongue.gif

You should probably track down the OVAs. 1) They are just great episodes since it's almost all Kyousuke and Kuroneko and 2) the 2nd season will be picking up right after the last OVA episode.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Apr 06 2013, 01:12 PM) And so the antics continue, and I kind of feel lost becuase I never saw the OVA epsidoes beofre this. Although I have to ask this question and say do I need to bother hunting down the OVA epsidoes to watch this, or does it continue off with where they left off with what orignally aired on the TV?

Other then that yaeays more Kuroneko to watch.
tongue.gif

You should definitely watch the 12b episode (think of the TV original final episode as 12a) and the 3 episodes after that, as the new season seem to pick up from there. And if you want to see more of Kuroneko, you should definitely see those episodes.

Waai! Finally! I have so looked forward to this! My expectations are through the roof! ^_______^

I think I realized this after finially finishing up episodes 10-15 a few nights ago. I'm very torn on this show cause Kirino is such an insufferable bitch 90% of the time that the show felt more enjoyable when she's not in the scene. Unfortunately she's now back in the spotlight.

LOL Barbo, I couldn't agree with you more. The OVA's made me love the series so much because of the focus being on Kuroneko and Kyousuke.
I still haven't seen ep 1 yet, but I'm definitely not happy to hear about it being Kirino-centered.... ah, but it's to be expected since she is the main character.

Yeays I managed to finish up the OVA episodes and the first episode of the season. I have to say I really do like the antics between Kuroneko and lil' miss yaoi fangirl in the gamming club.
tongue.gif

To think things kind fo went back to the way things were way beofre he even found out she was an otaku here. Although Kirino is the kind of girl that tends to use her tsundere abilities around him a bit too much though.

In any case it seems he may have a tough time now since he might end up either going into the Kuroneko route, or shooting himslef in the foot and ending up with his sister for life.
laugh.gif

I've got to take Kirino-chan's side in this first episode. Onii-chan was quite annoying throughout the episode. -____-*

How was Kyosuke at all annoying in the first episode?! Please explain to me Silendris, because I really don't see it. He was trying to be kind to her and she was slighting him every time!
I have a really really hard time sympathizing with Kirino, because Kyousuke is trying to have a normal relationship with her, but she refuses to be decent with him unless it suits her.

Anyway, I have to say my favourite scene in the whole ep happened in the gaming club when that yaoi fangirl was insisting they make a yaoi game. The guys reactions in the club were priceless, lmao.

Just finished watching episode 2. This episode had my laughing from start to finish. The funniest part had to be Ayase unknowingly used the wrong route (yandere route) from the game as reference and actually acted it out (or should I say done it so naturally?
biggrin.gif
).

Also, although Ayase can give off a "yandere" aura if someone were to threaten her relationship with Kirino, am I the only one picking some sort of vibe that she is tsun tsun tsun toward Kyousuke, but with dere that's probably never gonna come? I mean despite she calling him hentai, gross etc etc, I think he is still probably the closest male friend (if we can call it that) that she got?

I mean:
- her punch stopped mid-way and hesitated/embrassed (rather than accelerating with even more force) when Kyosuke shouted "I'm studying this game...FOR YOUR SAKE!"
- she's embrassed to say those embrassing practise speeches toward Kyosuke- I mean if she really thought of him as nothing but a worm/trash, she wouldn't be embrassed I think?

Shame that considering the possible progression in terms of the story (and the number of episode for this series), I think the story from this point onward would be more focused on Kuroneko and Kirino, and this episode is probably gonna the most screentime we'd see of Ayase.

Okay, finally got started on this season. First episode was a nice stealth recap. I liked how they carefully played the tension between Kyousuke and Kirino, and the way they both managed to annoy each other by showing their own version of consideration. That felt very much like an awkward family moment.
rolleyes.gif

Wow, ep 2, Yandere route. XD

Ayase calling Manami Onee-san blew my mind. I can't remember, has there been any indication they knew each other prior to now?
blink.gif

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Apr 14 2013, 02:22 AM)Also, although Ayase can give off a "yandere" aura if someone were to threaten her relationship with Kirino, am I the only one picking some sort of vibe that she is tsun tsun tsun toward Kyousuke, but with dere that's probably never gonna come? I mean despite she calling him hentai, gross etc etc, I think he is still probably the closest male friend (if we can call it that) that she got?

I kind of wish Ayase would get more screen time or a chance at getting some resolution in general. I got the idea in her first introduction she had a crush on Kyousuke, and has been floating between some awfully complicated feelings since the way he resolved the Natsukomi incident. I picture her feelings towards him caught somewhere between her pride and stubbornness, her anger over his willingness to lie and become a scapegoat for her sake, her appreciation for his sacrifice, and her initial favorable impression of him... and so she's not sure what to feel.

Of course, it's really hard to tell since Ayase gets no screen time and when she does it's almost a token yandere appearance. She seriously toned it up a notch this season, too.

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Apr 14 2013, 04:22 AM)Shame that considering the possible progression in terms of the story (and the number of episode for this series), I think the story from this point onward would be more focused on Kuroneko and Kirino, and this episode is probably gonna the most screentime we'd see of Ayase.
QUOTE (Norren @ Apr 18 2013, 03:55 AM)Wow, ep 2, Yandere route.  XD

Ayase calling Manami Onee-san blew my mind. I can't remember, has there been any indication they knew each other prior to now?
blink.gif
well Norren to refresh your memory actually Ayase met Manami in the start of ep.12 (on both TV and ONA/OVA routes) and since then she has called her onee-san, about the chara screentime Marine mentioned I just watched #3 and I guess each ep of this S2 will be focused in a girl like this one did with Kaori and her sis Saori... she was the one that intrigued me most since S1 because of her rich girl life seen first in #9 and we never saw her face clearly like that time on a far away mirror but, why she wears boyish clothes and talks nerdy while hanging out with friends? I guess to show her true nature or hide her attractiveness (she's a tall hottie after all)
tongue.gif

I'm really having difficulty with season 2 so far.. Besides the fact that I'm not able to see how anyone can find their own sister cute, "Sorry, and no offense to those who do." ANY girl that was such an antagonistic, rude, and conceited pain the the @## would be summarily told to hit the bricks by the second or third time she spoke to me the way that his sister does.

Now that aside, I truly DO hope that the Saori-route opens up this season! She's the only girl that I would actively pursue in real life. (Not an amazon who spin-kicks me into walls, or Goth-loli who doesn't know how to act her age, that's for sure!) She's an otaku, but seems healthy enough to keep "reality" and her hobby separate from each other. Not to mention that if she's still notably hot in the weird getups she wears, she has to be truly stunning in normal wear, or *gasp* dressed-up. Kyousuke to Saori (Not in Otaku clothes): "Who ARE You?!?!?"
laugh.gif

BTW In the very last frame Kyousuke actually looks pretty cool in his Prince of Darkness costume! (Not the ending scenes where he just looks nervous/embarrassed.) Unfortunately, you can only see about half of him though...

So here is my vote for more Saori-chan this season, and less of the snot-noses causing headaches. (I fully realize that you can't competely eliminate them or there would be no antagonists to get past, but they are too often the focus, rather than the abstract problem to get around in my opinion...)

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Apr 20 2013, 02:35 PM) I'm really having difficulty with season 2 so far.. Besides the fact that I'm not able to see how anyone can find their own sister cute, "Sorry, and no offense to those who do." ANY girl that was such an antagonistic, rude, and conceited pain the the @## would be summarily told to hit the bricks by the second or third time she spoke to me the way that his sister does.
Actually that's the whole point of this title...Kirino is not supposed to be cute...under the normal circumstance. The way she behaves toward Kyosuke is supposed to be the "the portrait the reality of what siblings are like (in contrast to the common "2D bro-con oniichan daisuki type imouto" in fictional stories)". I think I have mentioned this in the season 1 discussion...that I suspect that the way Kirino treating Kyosuke is taking it straight out of the book, and doing her part of treating her brother like dirt like a "normal sister" would (to the quite extremely level I have to admit), precisely because of she was developing feeling which a little sister shouldn't have toward her own brother. I know in episode 1 of season 1 Kirino outright decline it and said "eeeww...gross" when Kyosuke asked her about any particular reason for her obsession with the imouto games, but it may be closer to the truth that what we were leading to believe, also not to mention all the little hints that were being dropped along the way of the story, and her occasional slip of tongue.

Anyway, back to about episode 3 of this season...few things I noticed:
a) Hoshino Kirara is a member of Kaori's circle- I was expecting Kirino to get excited seeing her there, considering she's Meruru's seiyuu, instead there was ZERO reaction there. I mean even if Kirino was not a seiyuu-ota, I was thinking she would at least went up to her and shake hand, and going on and on about how awesome she thinks Meruru is...
b ) Kanata mentioned she has a imouto/little sister...could it be that Kanako is her little sister? (I mean considering the similarity on both names and looks, and the seemingly loli appearance regardless of their age).

So with this episode we get the flashback of how saori became the way she was. Not only was it a good story, but it was also considered to be something that normally happens in life. People make friends and hang out sharing thier interests with each other, and then life makes it where people part ways if you want them to or not.

Although it was nice to see that Saori can show to her older sister that she does have friends of her own to be with now.

Still without her glasses she does seem like a completely different person mind you hence the joke of the gang not knowing who she was at first without her glasses.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Apr 20 2013, 03:35 PM)BTW In the very last frame Kyousuke actually looks pretty cool in his Prince of Darkness costume!  (Not the ending scenes where he just looks nervous/embarrassed.)  Unfortunately, you can only see about half of him though...

So here is my vote for more Saori-chan this season, and less of the snot-noses causing headaches.  (I fully realize that you can't competely eliminate them or there  would be no antagonists to get past, but they are too often the focus, rather than the abstract problem to get around in my opinion...)
QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Apr 20 2013, 06:40 PM)Anyway, back to about episode 3 of this season...few things I noticed:
a) Hoshino Kirara is a member of Kaori's circle- I was expecting Kirino to get excited seeing her there, considering she's Meruru's seiyuu, instead there was ZERO reaction there.
b ) Kanata mentioned she has a imouto/little sister...could it be that Kanako is her little sister?you're right o_O as you mentioned Kanata is Kanako's big sister telling by their appearance and same family name in the supporting cast list from my first post, about Kurara i guess Kirino didn't recognize her or she didn't pay enough attention but i suppose we'll see her reaction until both Kaori's pals show up again... talking about new cast ep.4 finally introduces Ria as that track & field rival and overseas friend who Kirino bragged to beat in S1 (only once ¬¬), Kyousuke's "When did eroge become this advanced?!" was priceless when he sees both naked xD but just like Knorris I ship Saori x Kyo anyway ^^
SAO's figures at min 14:13 FTW
biggrin.gif

Auu~ Ria-chan was sooo cuuute!! >__<
Almost too cute. It seemed weird. >__>
Anyway, it was a overall really wonderful episode! I really love how it ended as it shed some light on Kirino-chan's real personality which she works so hard to hide deep within her. I guess she do feel for her brother after all. Yatta! ^___^ And the ending(!) was probably the greatest cliffhanger ever! I really really really can't wait to see them acting like a couple next time! >.< Which I assume will happen with Kirino-chan asking him to act as her boyfriend all of a sudden. It's going to be the sweetest thing eveer! This is a good day for anime! =D

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back