Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

truth2belief

-dono
MATV Subs
The first game, Final Fantasy XIV, was a total failure. It's player population dropped drastically after 1 month of being released. And I bought the first one. I found that the graphics were incredible and better than any other MMO. I loved how beautiful the characters you can make were. What sucked was that you had to craft everything to hell. Spend more time crafting than doing dungeons or questing. It was a shame to see it go since I had plopped a lot of money into it.

This game is apparently better, though. I bought the digital collectors edition and the PS3 game for my friend all on a limb on the hope that this game would be worth putting down $95. I have yet to play it even though it had early release 2 days ago and so I'm lagging behind. I wonder if having fired a ton of their employees to revamp this game will make such a difference.

Things I hope for: easier crafting, less repeated landscapes, less traveling (I spent at least 1 hour traveling everyday to save the crystals used to teleport, using those for mass transit for groups), less buggy fighting (I was a thaumaturge and one buff gave me more def than anyone else), and easier mobs I can solo (I don't want to die to a squirrel).

I was kinda interested in it, but since it went downhill so quickly I opted out of buying it back then, If you gonna check it out, mind giving me a heads up about how it is?
biggrin.gif
If its gotten better then maybe I'll go ahead and play it :U

Well, in Final Fantasy XIV 1.0's defense, all the new MMOs are actually suffering from population drops. New MMOs seem to all be geared to be "no grind" which seems to be only a half success. Final Fantasy XIV 1.0 was actually better in some respects than A Realm Reborn. It's graphics were better in some places, the character movement was more natural, and some very small minor details. What it did boil down to was horrible waits (which still seem to be a problem), group oriented battle, no good solo areas, and hideously tedious crafting/repairing (incredibly in-depth but way too tedious).

Anyways, about the new game. The game is better in that the PS3 population really seems to have made a great boom for the game. The game crafting and battle got simplified. Repairs seem to cost nearly nil. There is no lag (if you can even get into the server). The maps are not copy-pasted and the more straightforward. But all in all, they just seem to have fixed FFXIV 1.0's faults and rereleased the game. Most of the game revolves around the same basic zodiacs, classes, city-states.

My opinion. I liked the idea behind 1.0 and its basic principles. It was just terribly broken, unbalanced, and very, very tedious. So having somewhat liked FFXIV 1.0 in the first place, this game which fixes the problems seems to work out nicely. It's not as reactive of gameplay like Tera and some grinding is in gear. However, it's got the basics down and gots lots of replay-ability on a single main character cause you can change your class as many times as you like.

Just want to say. I love this game as it is. PvP may be non-existent, but that's planned as it was in the beta. The game obviously has another major patch coming for more story and stuff. I finally got my character to level 50 and the game. I also made my own company, Aria Company. So if anybody is interested in joining or just simply playing with me, I'm on Midgardsormr and my current main character is Ark Leo.

Meet Ark-shachou:

PS: Good luck finding my secret location

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back