Saint Seiya: Saintia Shou (2018), Soul of Gold (2015) & Omega (2012-14)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Who is your favorite Gold Saint?

• Mū of Aries

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aldebaran of Taurus

• Saga of Gemini

• Deathmask of Cancer

• Aioria of Leo

• Shaka of Virgo

• Dohko of Libra

• Milo of Scorpion

• Aioros of Sagittarius

• Shura of Capricorn

• Camus of Aquarius

• Aphrodite of Pisces

• Kanon of Gemini

• Shion of Aries

• None / one after or before them

• Total voters

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council
saintseiyaomegabaixedetudo.net.jpg
tumblr_lyzwc5x3ab1r9r3uvo1_500.jpg

Title: Knights of the Zodiac Ω (Omega)
Japanese: 聖闘士星矢・Ω (オメガ)
Date Aired: 1/04/2012 (TV series)
Genres: Action, Martial arts, Mythic fiction, Drama
Director: Morio Hatano
Producers: Tomoharu Matsuhisa, Gō Wakabayashi
Written by: Reiko Yoshida
Music by: Toshihiko Sahashi
Studio: TV Asahi
Network: Toei Animation
Main Cast: Pegasus Kōga (天馬星座の光牙) Voiced by: Hikaru Midorikawa
Sagittarius Seiya (射手座の星矢) Voiced by: Tōru Furuya
Saori Kido, Athena (女神) Voiced by: Shōko Nakagawa
Orion Eden (オリオン座のエデン) Voiced by: Jun'ichi Suwabe
Wolf Haruto (狼座の栄斗) Voiced by: Tatsuhisa Suzuki
Aquila Yuna (アクィラ座のユナ) Voiced by: Satsuki Yukino
Dragon Ryūhō (龍座の龍峰) Voiced by: Tetsuya Kakihara
Lionet Sōma (仔獅子座の蒼摩) Voiced by: Katsuyuki Konishi
Mars, God of War (戦いの神マルス) Voiced by: Hidekatsu Shibata
Tatsumi Tokumaru (辰巳徳丸) Voiced by: Yukitoshi Hori
Ophiuchus Shaina (蛇遣い星座のシャイナ) Voiced by: Mami Koyama
TV series PV 1-4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqXGFMO6Prg

Synopsis: The storyline of Omega takes place in the future era, 25 years after the Holy Wars of the 20th century narrated in the original manga and its anime adaptation. The goddess Athena is still on Earth after reincarnating to cleanse it of the agent of evil as she has done during millennia, accompanied by her Saints, fulfilling her duty of protecting peace on Earth, after her victories over antagonistic deities. Athena and a new generation of Saints prepare to face a new menace that lurks in this new era, in which Pegasus Seiya, the protagonist of Kurumada's manga, is revered as a Saint of legend.

Necropinion: since the 80's I was introduced to the vast world of anime and manga thanks to good oldies like Saint Seiya, back then named as Caballeros del Zodiaco in Mexico, Spain and most latinamerican countries... in the past Toei did great adapting it up to the Poseidon arc but in this millenium the studio has disappointed me with the Hades OVAs and Heaven Overture movie (compared to the attention they give to their other successful long ongoing series like One Piece or Digimon), also in the last couple of years the studio TMS Entertainment made a better TV series adaptation from the manga SS: The Lost Canvas ¬¬

having that in mind I just watched the first episode of Omega and I have to recognize its rearranged music like the opening song is a nice homage to the first series, its character design and animation reminds me to Casshern Sins or Mawaru Penguindrum in a way (which isn't a bad thing) more than being based of Shingo Araki's drawings... the problem here lies in the plot and other elements like that "Clothstone" magical jewel transformation which still doesn't convince me compared to the classic armor statues used to protect the holy warriors' bodies so with very low expectation I'll preliminarily give it 5/10, you guys probably wonder why I bothered in making the thread with such hope and score on this sequel? well like I was on many recent series mentioned in other topics I'm optimist with this one to turn alright but I don't discard dropping it if gets any worse and it's perfect for the first day of April anyway
laugh.gif

ah a fellow Saint Seiya fan ^^ glad I'm not going through this alone, well she's Yuna of Aquila (the Eagle constelation just like Seiya's teacher the silver saint Marin)... talking about female saints I hoped Shaina of Ophiuchus (actually Kouga's master and Marin's rival in the past) would officially become the 13th gold saint in this new series, but apparently they'll not accept that constelation was established as an addition to the 12 zodiacal signs a couple of years ago like most people around the world deny specially those who care about horoscopes nowadays -.-
4.jpg

That's the Eagle cloth ?
blink.gif

Wow, that's some redesign...

I hope they'll manage to make the anime correctly, without butchering it, like it so often happen with sequels...

indeed I first though she was the female version of Cygnus (the Swan constelation looking a bit like the bronze cloth of Hyouga), also I believed she was using the Crane silver cloth of Yuzuriha from SS The Lost Canvas xD ...I hope too it goes well as this is an original animated sequel not adapted from any manga of Masami Kurumada or the mangakas who did SS Episode G and Lost Canvas, just like was done with the Asgard season and SS movies in the 80's which turned out good enough
biggrin.gif

Given the constellations of the main cast, I wonder how they'll make Pegasus the leader, as there are 2 silver saints on the group.

As for Ophiuchus, they can't really change the cloth to a gold one, the cloth are said to be handed down from mythological time, so it can't change status... It kinda makes more sense to be considered a silver cloth though, as that was how it was considered in ancient Greece.

I really liked the Lost Canvas OVAs (except that it only came out every who-lnows-when and its not over) so I thought maybe I give it a try, but after reading your posts it seems that I have to know the original series which I dont. And the pic Necro posted lookes totally horrible. Far to shiny. Looks like Precure meets Saint Seiya. A big turnoff.

Don't take my posts in consideration about the need to see the first serie to understand anything, I haven't even seen the first episode myself. I'm just wondering while waiting for it to be subbed ^^

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Apr 01 2012, 11:24 AM)I really liked the Lost Canvas OVAs (except that it only came out every who-lnows-when and its not over) so I thought maybe I give it a try, but after reading your posts it seems that I have to know the original series which I dont. And the pic Necro posted lookes totally horrible. Far to shiny. Looks like Precure meets Saint Seiya. A big turnoff.
yup it's like she's out of a magical girl show probably to appeal more shoujo audience, anyway if you or Daedalron (and anyone else for the matter) are interested to try the 80's SS and last decade's adaptations let me know by PM or my profile to point you where you can watch them all with english subs... definitively Lost Canvas will keep going as there is still more manga material to follow, it's a matter of time when the 3rd season shows up probably until autumn as this spring and summer it's not announced yet -.-

QUOTE (daedalron @ Apr 01 2012, 11:31 AM)Don't take my posts in consideration about the need to see the first serie to understand anything, I haven't even seen the first episode myself. I'm just wondering while waiting for it to be subbed ^^
actually the first episode is already subbed in spanish (which I watched before reviewing it above), by experience from previous SS series most fansubs take longer (or they don't bother) to translate it in english but hopefully I could be wrong this time... also it's not that necessary to watch the whole series as there are a few episodes that basically review it all, I'll check out the specific recaps in case you want to get a quick view
wink.gif

Yuna of Aquila....looks like a complete Precure ripoff. I guess this is what happens when you combine Casshern Sins team with Heartcatch Precure. This could actually be quite an entertaining watch since it seems the Saint Seiya series have been gradually getting better each time.

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Apr 01 2012, 12:36 PM) actually the first episode is already subbed in spanish

Well, my spanish isn't better than my japanese, perhaps even worse, so i'll have to wait ^^

[OffTopic]
About Lost Canvas, I haven't seen the anime yet. I've read the manga though, which I really liked (much better than Next Dimension in my opinion). Given the little time I can spend on watching series, is the anime worth it ?
[/OffTopic]

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Apr 01 2012, 01:41 PM)Yuna of Aquila....looks like a complete Precure ripoff. I guess this is what happens when you combine Casshern Sins team with Heartcatch Precure. This could actually be quite an entertaining watch since it seems the Saint Seiya series have been gradually getting better each time.
it may turn more interesting in the next episodes with the introduction of the other new and old saints who survived the previous war against the gods, at least Omega's TV series animation is more fluid and less repetitive compared to the poor quality that Toei shown in the Hades OVAs last decade... about the gradual improvement of the SS adaptations I agree regarding The Lost Canvas, which is as good or better than the first series as mentioned previously ^^

QUOTE (daedalron @ Apr 01 2012, 01:48 PM)About Lost Canvas, I haven't seen the anime yet. I've read the manga though, which I really liked (much better than Next Dimension in my opinion). Given the little time I can spend on watching series, is the anime worth it ?
trust me it's really worthy and just like Ossi I enjoyed both seasons, a total of 26 episodes but I hope the OVA series by TMS isn't cancelled now that Toei is doing the animation of the franchise with Omega ¬¬ ...even while the SS original creator Masami Kurumada keeps his classic style doing the Next Dimension ongoing manga (a chapter once every half year or so though) it still doesn't beat Shiori Teshirogi's Lost Canvas, finished last year and continued in a new one titled LC Anecdotes
smile.gif

Just *tried* to watch Saint Seiya Omega... Is it just me? I turned it off after about 30 seconds and deleted the file, because it looked utterly ugly to me. It's like there's nothing left from the original at all.

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Apr 04 2012, 06:44 PM) Just *tried* to watch Saint Seiya Omega... Is it just me? I turned it off after about 30 seconds and deleted the file, because it looked utterly ugly to me. It's like there's nothing left from the original at all.
Nothing but the tight suits <_>

Seriously though, they need to remake the whole idea, and make it more compelling to today's audiences. Saint Seiya isn't the newest anime universe around, and I don't know who they want to be showing this to. This generation? Which is used to and prefers better quality animation and either seriousness or comedy, instead of cheesiness, or are they targeting those who actually watched the original series? But then the difference is too big, and once again, more cheesy than before :/

I'd really like them to make this into something serious and badass, though maybe it just something with me today XD

I was like...what's this? "Handsome Cure" with audience of kids and 30 years old fujoshi?

I know back in the days females watch Saint Seiya pretty much the same reason as guys watching Sailormoon, but I can't help but feel Omega is taking it a bit too far...

They even gone as far as raping the original setting of Pegasus reincarnating life after life as well...there simply can't be a Pegasus with Seiya still around (alive).

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Apr 04 2012, 10:44 AM)Just *tried* to watch Saint Seiya Omega... Is it just me? I turned it off after about 30 seconds and deleted the file, because it looked utterly ugly to me. It's like there's nothing left from the original at all.
and we though Ozma was bad enough in ugliness o_O by your comment I get you watched all the other SS TV series and movies or only the original manga? I ask because this supposely follows up after the Hades arc and tenkaihen overture movie from many years ago, if not give the 80's adaptation a try just like you did with the classic Macross and Gundam series from past decades so you can understand what's going on in the new story (in case you didn't drop it already ^^)

QUOTE (Nioki @ Apr 04 2012, 11:31 AM)Seriously though, they need to remake the whole idea, and make it more compelling to today's audiences. Saint Seiya isn't the newest anime universe around, and I don't know who they want to be showing this to. This generation? Which is used to and prefers better quality animation and either seriousness or comedy, instead of cheesiness, or are they targeting those who actually watched the original series? But then the difference is too big, and once again, more cheesy than before :/

I'd really like them to make this into something serious and badass, though maybe it just something with me today XD
I would like to think that Toei is experimenting with another style different but at the same time similar from all the other SS adaptations though probably this isn't the case, they think the diehard fans of the franshise (such as myself) will not mind that much and keep following the new series but I expected many valid negative comments and reviews about it so this will become a sequel difficult to endure if it doesn't improve the next eps -.-

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Apr 06 2012, 08:20 AM)I was like...what's this? "Handsome Cure" with audience of kids and 30 years old fujoshi?

I know back in the days females watch Saint Seiya pretty much the same reason as guys watching Sailormoon, but I can't help but feel Omega is taking it a bit too far...

They even gone as far as raping the original setting of Pegasus reincarnating life after life as well...there simply can't be a Pegasus with Seiya still around (alive).
I could be wrong but telling by ep.1 the baby that Athena was holding is her son and Seiya's (I know it would be too obvious) who sacrificed his live to defeat the god of war Mars or Ares, whatever so most likely he's dead and his son Kouga replaced him as Pegasus possibly even more powerful being a semi-god because Saori is a goddess and his father the legendary saint that defeated the other gods... anyway I believe the main mistake here is that Toei is trying so bad to "please" all audiences that liked the previous series, mixing the original concept and nostalgia with other formulas seen before resulting in a weird magical shounen/sentai genre but animated this time
blink.gif

Just watched the first ep and its a really big and lame joke. As if they are trying to ruin this franchise. Everything is just horrible, the animation, the characters, the voices, what happens, just everything.
I will probably drop this one with ep 2, no Im sure I will drop this one with ep 2.

in general that's why my expectations and preliminar score are really close to the droplist limit but while teeth cringing in many scenes my knowledge and interest about the whole franchise's story are the main reasons that make me stick with it to watch what's next, though I'm aware it's a guilty "pleasure" of mine and there will be a moment that I'll drop this series when I just can't stand it anymore -.-

about the second episode it didn't improve much but at least we get to know about the new generation of saints ruled by elements (yup that's very original ¬¬) most likely replacing the ancient order of bronce and silver cloths, also the new training grounds for Athena saints around the world which main branch is called Palaestra as the sanctuary was destroyed after the last war against Mars/Ares... I could suggest you to wait until tomorrow and decide to definitively drop this sequel or not after watching ep.3 where Yuna of Aquila is introduced (using the traditional female saint mask before teaming up with Kouga) but is up to you as there are many better choices this season to watch instead so you'll not miss much.

OMG !

I tried to go past the design of the characters that i don't really like, and the changes to the story (Seiya becoming Sagitarius saint, clothstone, etc.), but they're really going too far...

The concept of a new Pegasus saint while Seiya is still alive is already destroying the story, as it was said that the Pegasus saint was always the reincarnation of the one who fought Hades, so how can there be 2 incarnations alive at the same time ?

As for the 3rd episode, a school for saints, well, why not, they need to train, so you could have a training ground called a "school", like the sanctuary was for Seiya in the original serie. But they made a real school (from which you can get expelled, lol)... And most of them are on SPRING BREAK ?
blink.gif
What the hell !

hey daedalron good to know you're still around ^^ yep sadly this shoujo-design sequel is breaking many "old rules" of the previous series while being modernized (apparently), to think Palaestra is a private school (as if there aren't enough animes with that theme ¬¬) for chosen young saints that study and train in a less deadly and cruel way contrary to the "old fashioned" sanctuary -.- ...at least it was a relief they kept the ancient system of bronze and silver ranks despite the new elemental cloth stones *geez* it was also good that the sanctuary still exists where the 12 gold saints guard the reincarnation of Athena, who most likely is a fake while the real Saori is missing or the new pope is lying about her being there (just like happened in the original story) so I guess I can barely keep going to know where this sequel is leading us now that the son of Shiryu (and most likely Shunrei's) Dragon Ryuho will appear next episode.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back