Valentines day for singles? Oo

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Attached or single?

• Attached

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Single

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

samthebear

-sama
Sempai
I couldn't find a topic like this so i thought why not
tongue.gif
espcially after reading the 'who would you date on FTV' thread, as for singles - what is keeping us single and why don't we have a day to celebrate being single? theres just too much hype about being attached!

Again follow the rules, have fun and this isn't a thread to whinge on about why 'i'm still single'
tongue.gif
I'm just curious about why people choose to stay single? (or maybe not...)
As for me, the most obvious reason would be that i attend an all-girl's school and have almost non-existant contact with the opposite gender, and even if i weren't i'd still choose to be single. I don't think i'm ready, nor do i have the energy and commitment
tongue.gif
for now the best thing being single would be that i can be totally selfish with my time ^^ disscuss and have fun ^^ i'm pretty sure there are plenty of singles with their own reasons ^^ People who are with someone at the moment you're free to join in too! lets hear the pros and cons about being attached VS being single ^^

I am hopefully getting married in the following months so ya im attached very attached.I think there are'nt that much diference just u have someone always around u and for the single part u can always say look im going with friends somewhere or u want to be alone for a while and it works for me it might for u aswell if u decide to get attached.U still of ur time family time,time for ur friends and also ur gf/bf just got to jump between them at first it's gonna be tough can't do what u want but u get used to it and then all of a sudden u can do what u want and do what other's want like going out,spending time with family and time for ur gf/bf and just have fun together.U gonna have to multi task at the beggining but it get's easyer anyway if u start dating someone u wanna spend all ur time with them so not gonna be difficult but after a while u see a change in yourself and being inlove is both awesome and hard,i can go on and on cuase i have been dating girls since i was 10 years old lost my virginity at 13
ohmy.gif
is what u probably thinking

ermm reasons why im still single?i probably have three..

1. Im busy with college, hardly have time hangin out with this freakin course..sigh
2. my free time is spent with anime..lol anime>girl
3. i like bein single and im not ready for commitment..as of now, havin a girlfriend does not interest me so it wud be a pretty borin life..id feel sorry for the girl..

QUOTE (eyoy @ Feb 08 2007, 09:24 AM) 2. my free time is spent with anime..lol  anime>girl
For a minute there I thought you said 'my free time is spent with anime girls'
biggrin.gif

Well, that's probably true for many of us guys here
ohmy.gif

Hmm i am what you would call single for Valentine's Day doesn't neccessarily mean I won't have a date. All depends on if my cash flow is healthy enough for the month to go out on a reasonably respectable date. Although that brings up the reason why I am single at the moment.

The previous gf while a nice lady with good redeeming qualities and a nice umm well anyways, she had a luv for the money and spending others at that. Nice dinners on a too frequent basis and expecting gifts on a also too frequent basis. She was what you called spoiled, suffering from Daddy's Little Princess Syndrome. I didn't necessarily have a problem with that BUT my wallet and monthly budget did. So unfortunately evitually we had to have a parting of ways.

So I guess that is the most recent reason for my being single. Though I will say having a gf has it's bonuses but being single is not so bad. Freedom to do as you please w/out having to answer/check in with someone else. Even if that means just relaxin at home watching TV/Anime w/out being dragged to another of her friend's parties or whatever functions...but once again there are benefits don't wanna come off negative just in that kinda mood right now...

Side-note: samthebear I have always fantasized about being a fly on the wall of an all girls institution, yes i know that it is probably by no ways as entertaining as the actual fantasy...I was once in an all girls class in high school...it took some serious manipulating and manuevering to get into it...but unfortunately the reality was that it was at all what i expected...because how girls act sometimes when guys aren't around...I would choose to forget those memories...I would choose to forget
unsure.gif

Currently single, had a gf but we parted our ways about early November 2006, thats when I started to get back to my anime and joined this forum site, it's been cool but I don't really miss her anymore, did for a bit...........but I guess she won't come back crawling to you...........u just gotta move on...don't you...right ?

Damn it, I really liked her but we weren't exactly perfectly matched, though..I guess.
unsure.gif

Cya

Aww to be young with girlfriend the days seem to past so fast, when your with her you might have taken her for granted, when she is gone you attempt to get back with her at least once maybe many times...she realizes and see's through your attempt to get phyiscal happiness from her and rejects you outright...

Oh wait it is not all about that i missed our reveting conversations X discussions too you know...you get this kind of look
dry.gif
...lol yeah you remember why you started to date her in the first place...but she is still way too stingy...

Being single is not really the end of world, well at least not to me. I know some people would just jump into a relationship just because they don't want to stay alone. Funny thing that makes me laugh come to think of it. The fact is that I really loved my ex gf, not exactly ex coz I still have some hope of meeting her again, who knows. Actually, a great girl, would have gladly called her my soulmate but some people don't believe in that. I guess the circumstance were not right for our relationship to continue.

Of course, it's still very painful to forget everything like that, the wonderful times and moments spent together, great memories. Life seems to go so fast these days, so if you get the chance to go out with somebody you like, you should not hesitate. Cast your fears away and make the most out of it.
unsure.gif

I would get a hold of her but she's left for university and the hungry male cravings of wanting a lady are so high in uni, so I guess I won't be surprised if she came back with another man but it pains to say this, thats why i'm trying to forget about her as much as possible by working with my team with our current project and watch anime and post about anime as much as possible. Thanx
biggrin.gif

Cya

Solarwing once again you are an optimist-half fullest glass theorist lol but in this instance i certainly agree. And i just remembered the time when we all got into a lengthy discussion on soulmates...stating my position i do believe in them...I have wondered what it would be like to met her who i once thought of my soulmate on Valentine's day...Since the last memory i have of her was actually around Valentine's day.

Though I am not so sentimental that it is something that i openly still wish for. I just believe that if things are meant to be they are meant to be...Basically I'm just treading water until something worthwhile happens and just tryin to enjoy everything in-between...single or coupled however and whenever it happens...

JCDRANZER hmm i get what your saying I can't deny that i haven't taken that approach in the past too...

This day is now known as "pitty the single day" or to my mate "pitty the single but im not single this year so hahahahah to you all day."

~ unfortunetly Im still single....

Attached at long last!
biggrin.gif
I always used to see chasing a dream as useless but for once something went my way. First time i've been attatched for valentines in like... ever!
laugh.gif
Hopefully it'll last to then and beyond!

QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Feb 09 2007, 03:56 AM) Side-note: samthebear I have always fantasized about being a fly on the wall of an all girls institution, yes i know that it is probably by no ways as entertaining as the actual fantasy...I was once in an all girls class in high school...it took some serious manipulating and manuevering to get into it...but unfortunately the reality was that it was at all what i expected...because how girls act sometimes when guys aren't around...I would choose to forget those memories...I would choose to forget
unsure.gif

oh dear... you actually did that? *tisk tisk* the way girls act in their 'own' space is so shoking that you'd have to be seriously deluded to think other wise
tongue.gif
lol jks, but how did you manage to get in?

QUOTE (SuperSawyers @ Feb 09 2007, 07:17 AM)Attached at long last! I always used to see chasing a dream as useless but for once something went my way. First time i've been attatched for valentines in like... ever! Hopefully it'll last to then and beyond!
Congratulations! i hope that it'll last too ^^

samthebear Basically when I was a junior i was taking a class with only seniors then the following year i took the same class as a pt. II, it was a class that peer mediated kids from lower grade schools around the town, and basically it just so happened that there were no other guys from my own grade that qualified for pt. II of that specific class...So it ended up being me and a whole bunch of girls. At first they acted very girly but soon that whole facade wore off and the way they acted around me...well i was shocked...things like i said i care never to remember...It was no harem in the making to say the least...so tragic...

And the whole All girl school well that's just a fantasy I actually know better but what the heck fantasies aren't usually meant to be real or based on logic...thus fly on the wall...

Oh and Sammeh I can't tell for sure if you are bragging that you are or aren't single now but stop bragging it is unbecoming of you....so out of character lmao
tongue.gif

QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Feb 08 2007, 04:26 PM)

Oh and Sammeh I can't tell for sure if you are bragging that you are or aren't single now but stop bragging it is unbecoming of you....so out of character lmao
tongue.gif

I wasn't bragging I was angsting

Oh I see you were angsting so my apologizes but i'm not gonna let you hold that one against me because you gotta admit sometimes you make me fight through some broken english...but I try my best lol and usually always get the gest of what you are saying lol...

Well the main reasons I'm single is because I

a) Go to school
cool.gif
Go to work
c) Take care of my mom who's sick and not allowed to leave the house at this time. So I do cooking, shopping and everything else. They say she will be better by July maybe.

I could go out occasionally but don't have the time to cultivate a relationship. Plus, even guys I talk to as friends get pissy if I don't call them everyday. They think the fact that I go online so much is weird and the fact that I like anime is even weirder (what's wrong with this picture
blink.gif
). The only thing they like about me is that they think I'm cute, nice (hard to believe isn't it. they haven't seen my darkside yet), and that I like to play video games. Some of them don't even like the fact that I have cats. Insane!! I get lonely sometimes but overall I'm happy to be single since I don't want the drama in a relationship right now. Hopefully once I'm finished at this two year I'll transfer to another school, maybe Wellesley(a teacher was talking to me about that today), or somewhere in New York or perhaps California. Then once I'm closer to fulfilling my needs I'll find a mate, unless of course I run into someone soon who gets my engine running, then we'll just have to see.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Feb 08 2007, 10:16 PM)Oh I see you were angsting so my apologizes but i'm not gonna let you hold that one against me because you gotta admit sometimes you make me fight through some broken english...but I try my best lol and usually always get the gest of what you are saying lol...
@ senpai-kun.. Send these kind of posts on p.m. or try to stay on topic.. Same applies for the "What are you doing" thread.. Cut short on "posting after every other thread" routine you are leading in there.. -This was also discussed and agreed with a couple FTV Teamers..

I voted for "Attatched".. I've been goin out with my gf for a little while now.. This is our first Valentines together though.. This only means one thing : I'll be broke way before the month ends..
dry.gif
.. The reason why I was interested and wanted to know what she looked like before we even met was because she is a pretty famous clothes/commercial model in PY (quit for studies before vacation last year).. I was never the "going out for fun" type of person.. Things ended up going smoothly and we ended up dating each other.. It's a long story and quite a bit of family history involved.. It's pretty weird, awkward, and incredibly coincidential, but it surely has been the greatest year of my life
rolleyes.gif

xcouger I don't have a problem following the rules but wait a second...You are telling me that i cannot post in the WHAT ARE YOU DOING THREAD...I know that you were complaining about someone spamming...But if you look at my posts carefully you will see that i was reacting to what people said or stating what i was doing. It is not like i was leaving short dumb and meaningless posts that were clearly spam like others might have been doing.

It is almost as if you are trying to censor just for the sake of censoring. I think you should look at the individual case and the actual posts and not just jump to conclusions since i happend to post alot in that thread today. That just happened to be a thread were good and fun conversations were going on today. I mean geez I understand moderation but don't take away the fun of posting and having conversations when they are relevant to what someone said.

And man I really think that when you are relplying to what someone said especially when you have been discussing the topic on previous posts to the extent i had you should cut that person some slack...it would be a major inconvience to PM after every time just to reply to a comment...I mean good grief it's like ruining the fun of being able to post and have dialouge.

You say I am leading in there...but did you actually read the posts??? Or just see my name alot and assume i was spamming? I gotta say i am disappointed with this I seems like going out of your way to moderate in this instance...so much for having a little bit of fun i guess...I'm not taking it personal or anything but at least take what i say under consideration and not just blow it off...Honestly it is rather confusing about you saying don't post after every comment...today i finally decide to hold conversations with others in the General Section...and i get told not too...just a bit confusing to say the least...I'll leave it at that but this is rather insulting...

Senpai, I honestly don't see what was wrong with your post as you were responding to Sammeh's post. I was one of the people who encouraged you to come back and start posting in the General Section. I've seen people leave meaningless posts such as "Can't wait for the next ep" or "I like this show" or "I agree" with no details to add and have even warned a few that this may be considered spamming and that they should go into more detail, not just leave one-liners that anyone could say and has no substance. I know I post alot, usually on days when I actually have free time, which hasn't been much in the last few days. I've seen quite a few others posting alot and I think this holds more for them and maybe I than you. It's just having a bit of fun. People joke with each other all the time here and I don't see them being censored in this way. I'm actually a little disappointed as well that they would call you out. I'd expect them to do it to me first. Don't worry about it too much and stay in the threads.
biggrin.gif

Xcouger, I understand the problem you are talking about, but first go after the people continually doing it all the time and crack down on them. Senpai's definitely not one of them. I actually may have been one and if I'm part of the reason this happened I apologize to both you and Senpai since he's paying the price for it in my opinion.
biggrin.gif
It's cool that you're in a relationship. I'm glad it's going so well. And she's a model. WOW! I actually know someone now who dates a model. Well, sort of. If you're happy with her I'm happy for you. Hope I'm happy in a relationship one day, till then I'll enjoy the fruits of the single life.
biggrin.gif

This may have been off topic for a bit, but I have to say something when I feel something's wrong.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back