Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

JCDRANZER

- Sky King
Retired

Title: Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~
Genre: Action, Romance, Drama, Tragedy, Underworld, Supernatural
Premier: April 2009
Original Creator: Nitroplus
Animation Studio: Bee Train
Production: GENCO and Project Phantom
Director: Koichi Mashimo
Series Composition: Yousuke Kuroda
Screenplay: Gen Urobuchi, Hideki Shirane, Noboru Kimura, Tatsuya Takahashi, Yousuke Kuroda, Yukihito Nonaka
Music: Hikaru Nanase
Character Design: Minako Shiba, Mutsumi Sasaki, Yoko Kikuchi, Yoshiaki Tsubata, Yoshimitsu Yamashita
Original Scenario: Gen Urobuchi
Sound Director: Yota Tsuruoka
Official Website: http://www.phantom-r.jp/

CAST:

Akeno Watanabe as Lizzy
Aya Hisakawa as Claudia McCullum
Ayahi Takagaki as Ein
Miyu Irino as Zwei
Miyuki Sawashiro as Cal

Basic Info:

Adaption of the Nitro+ visual novel Phantom of Inferno.

The official website for the anime adaptation of the Phantom of Inferno suspense visual novel software announced on Wednesday that a manga version is also being developed. The official blog of Media Factory's Monthly Comic Alive magazine editors confirmed the news and revealed that Masaki Hīragi (Shōnen Maid Kūro-kun) will draw the manga based on the software from Nitroplus. The manga will be previewed in Comic Alive's February issue, which ships in Japan on December 27. The manga will actually launch on January 27 in the March issue.

Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype magazine had announced this past week that Nitroplus and writer Gen Urobuchi (Blassreiter) are adapting their visual novel as a television anime series under the title Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ (pictured at right). The original visual novel software was previously adapted in 2004 as a three-volume video anime series, Phantom - The Animation. Media Blasters released this earlier anime series under its AnimeWorks label in 2006.

(~old news from ANN - 12th Dec 2008~)

Plot:

Phantom of Inferno is a story detailing the life of a 15-year-old Japanese boy who is kidnapped after witnessing the killing of a reporter. After being kidnapped his memories of his past life are erased and is given the choice to join Inferno or die. He makes the only choice he can to join and is given the name Zwei and will study under Ein. She is also known as Phantom since this is the title given to the organization's top assassin.

Inferno is said to be the United Nations that exists only for crime syndicates. As Zwei makes his way through training and various missions, deceit and betrayal occur even within Inferno that slowly puts Zwei in increasing danger. Along the way, he meets a girl by the name of Cal Devens and though he tries to protect her, she too is drawn into Inferno to become the assassin, Drei.

(~from WIKI~)

My Thoughts:

Will say later........
rolleyes.gif

Don't know why but this sounds like Gungrave (maybe because of the syndicate and such...)and in fact giving me really good vibes,so hope it's somthing as superb as Gungrave...

There's already an OVA that was released a couple of years ago and based on the same game, Phantom of Inferno. I never got a chance to watch it though.
rolleyes.gif

The game was amazing, I haven't finished it yet, still struggling to get to the elusive third chapter, but I definitely reccommend it. I really hope this turns out to be good, because the rest of the season lineup looks a little bit uninteresting.

Hmm, i guess the whole cast is villains, but I've always pinned the uber-villainy role on Scythe Master. Although I haven't seen the end of the game, so maybe there is a twist involved
dry.gif

QUOTE (pjcountach @ Mar 31 2009, 05:01 PM) The game was amazing, I haven't finished it yet, still struggling to get to the elusive third chapter, but I definitely reccommend it. I really hope this turns out to be good, because the rest of the season lineup looks a little bit uninteresting.

Hmm, i guess the whole cast is villains, but I've always pinned the uber-villainy role on Scythe Master. Although I haven't seen the end of the game, so maybe there is a twist involved
dry.gif

I originally had high hopes for this series, but after recently realizing that Bee Train will be animating this, most of my hopes for this series just went down the drain. Bee Train is still leaving me with some nasty series that I want to forget. It's been a while since they've done even a half decent series. I'll probably watch this anyways since it's another one of those Girls with Guns type series, especially after the disappointment with Gunslinger Girl 2.

It looked good at first, but I have to agree with Kit here.

Also, maids with firearms look silly.

I mean, really silly.

Episode 1 breakdown.

OP: Animation-superb, beautiful visuals.
Music - great OP song.

Episode: Great dialogue (albeit a bit simplistic), great initial concept (even if not too original); animation quality great for backgrounds, and ranging from horrible to passable for characters (and I did watch a 1440x810 version).

ED: Ali Project, although not as good as they can do. Should've been swapped with OP. More great visuals.

Overall: Intriguing, could be good, won't be great. Will watch, unless the quality goes down. Hopefully a better sub group picks this up.

If anything, it got me interested in the game. The anime test period extended for 2 more episodes.

Interesting fact: curious to see that most VAs have largely worked voicing videogames.

Pretty good start. It did feel pretty derivative of Noir to an extent. Not so sure about the whole base senses making you an unbeatable assassin thing. I'd be more OK with the concept if he hadn't been able to see a rat with his toes.
wink.gif

The Boss and her bodyguard were pretty sexy and she drives an F40, so that's pretty cool.

Yet another show I'll have to wait and see if turns out OK.

At first when I saw the gun with blood, I was about to close the file -.-

(In the first scene)

For me, the gun / blood / logo looks crappy and it made me felt that this anime is going to suck.

Well, I watched it till the end since lots of people said it was good.

When I finished watching it, WOW! it's quite interesting and it's one of my top show for this Fall.

I didn't like the OP at all !

The ED made me felt like I'm watching 'Code Geass'.
smile.gif
(I liked the ED)

Wha, OP is beautiful. Ahh, opinions. As for the ED... Are you f'ing kidding me man?! Do you not even know ALI PROJECT?! Go do some research NOW!
tongue.gif
(yes, one of their songs was used for one of the Geass EDs; many other animations used their songs as well: Noir, Rozen Maiden, SoraKake, Shigofumi just to name a few).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally watched ep. 2. Well, kind of slow, but the show has potential. The animation quality picked up a bit as well, and the episode looked much better than the previous one. I can't wait for the "revolt" of the "slaves", since that's what I'll predict should happen eventually.

Other than that, this looks like a non-boring version of Noir, with a male lead. Ein is almost identical to Kirika, too. I just hope this show keeps the good stuff up and doesn't start putting me to sleep somewhere halfway through like Noir did.

BTW, the head of Inferno is so awesomely ebil
laugh.gif

HOLY COW !

This anime is so freakin interesting !

The best Spring 2009 anime for me right now.

I always wanted to watch anime about assassins.

This one is real good and I liked how they draw his reflected face when he's training in the broken mirror !

I can't wait to see the next EP
laugh.gif

I also can't wait for the slaves revolution.

^ Well, it's decent, but I can't say it's best of the season. A lot of its quality is still questionable, and depends on how they handle character development.

Also, offtopic, but did you completely miss Eden of the East?

^

Well, I didn't really care about the character development for this series because it's an assassin anime anyway
biggrin.gif
They've to be cold hearted and have lots insanity of killing.

I just don't like how doll-girls change into a joyful active girl, I just want them to stay the same expect for understanding the word 'love'.

Off topic answer - I watched it, not really interested but I'll still keep it in my watching list. The main character seems to be a pervert.
tongue.gif

Well, I didn't really care about the character development for this series because it's an assassin anime anyway They've to be cold hearted and insanity of killing.

I believe you're getting a wrong impression here - this type of anime is usually more about the characters and story rather than action. Considering that this is a precursor to Noir, I'm expecting the two to be very similar.

Well, I have to agree with that. Still, I loved anime that is based on killing with assassins.
ph34r.gif

I knew it when they're talking about slaves, and when they're talking about they're going to lose themselves and be a doll for murder.

Don't broke my heart
sad.gif

I still have the hope of light besides me.
laugh.gif

Since it was only EP2 the story and plot may changes, who knows ?

Wowie! Episode 2 sealed it for me. This one's a keeper. I mean, it is not everyday a girl, a fangirl, especially, gets a nice Bishie-shot. Granted, he's older, but still beautiful and so sexy...I liked the way the camera took its sweet time as it scanned over his fine form, all while soaking in the tub too. His long silky, purple locks...ah, a seductive villain, if ever there was one.
wink.gif
Now, my next favorite part of this episode, is that seductress, Ms. Claudia, planting a seed in kawaii Zwei's, soft ear. Yummy...what a way to undermine Master's Scythe's, prized plans. For a moment, I thought she was gonna go all out and seduce him by licking his ear. Looking forward to more.
tongue.gif

when I first watched this, I thought... kirika in maid uniform? ^^ but then again, Ein has a different body proportion compared to kirika... ^^;

haven't been following/watching bee train's anime since Noir, but they still uses (almost) the same formula: couple of assassins, one of them has no memory, a secret organization who pulls the strings in the background (=Soldats?), a person who's in charge in "shaping them up" (Scythe master = Altena?), etc...
unsure.gif

anybody ever finished the game? I heard that there's an ero version... ^^;

EP3 was awesome!

Hell yeah, Zwai finally killed someone!

I loved this anime so bad
laugh.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back