Macross F

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

MKK2004

-ecchi
Retired
2007nov14155515588ts4.jpg

"The December issue (on sale November 10) of Japan's Newtype magazine previews the characters and the new VF-25 variable fighter design that will appear in Macross F (Frontier), next year's television sequel to the Macross franchise of love triangles, pop music, and robotic mecha. A 25th anniversary program special called "Frontiers of Macross" will broadcast this winter with a retrospective on the previous Macross projects and clips from the new series.

The story of Macross F takes place in 2070s (three decades after the last major sequels, Macross Plus and Macross 7) aboard the 11th Macross Frontier super-long-distance colonization fleet with 10 million citizens. Ranka Lee (newcomer Megumi Nakajima, pictured above) is heading to the concert of Macross Frontier's top Galaxy Network idol, Sheryl Nome, when she encounters a pilot trainee named Alto Saotome — and when a mysterious enemy attacks the fleet. The story will also feature Ranka's older brother, the veteran pilot Ozma Lee, and the U.N. Forces' latest main variable fighter, the VF-25.

As previously reported, Macross creator Shoji Kawamori of Studio Nue will collaborate with the animation studio Satelight (Macross Zero, Noein) and music composer Yoko Kanno (Macross Plus, Cowboy Bebop) for the series. Due to the rigors of composing a television series, Kawamori said that Kanno will be sharing her duties with another composer as she did with The Vision of Escaflowne and Aquarion. Kawamori will oversee the project and design the main variable fighters while Junya Ishigaki (Macross Zero's Destroids, Noein) and Takeshi Takakura (Appleseed movies, Noein) will contribute additional mechanical designs." - ANN

trailer video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wY1cT9UM5k.../588/Macross+F/

new VF-25 fighter concept pictures

I've heard of this before (isn't there a thread already?), and am really excited about it. I can't wait till it comes out; and there's a lot of big name people working on this too o.o

Edit: guess not. Must be confusing with a different forum, or maybe mentioned in some other thread or something...

Yeah I saw the trailer for it yesterday. It looks good. I think I'll give it a shot when it comes out.

I've never watched any other Macross series though
sad.gif
Although I hear Roy Foker is awesome.
tongue.gif

This is mainly to do with Macross' 25th Anniversary. It looks and sounds good....we'll just have to wait and see if it turns out to be a BAD-ASS...which I hoping it to be....coz the animation looks top-notch. The art still kinda retains the old days with new super hi-tech cgi......oh damn, I'm lovin it!! XDDD
laugh.gif

Oh Sheryl.....looks FINE!!! XDDDDDDD
tongue.gif
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

I've started watching the original Macross and I'm going to fit in as much of it and its sequels I can before this starts airing.

Wow, just finished the first ep. and I am very impressed. I'm glad to see that it doesn't seem like it'll be "shooting speaker-pods" but will instead be a genuine mecha action anime. Can't wait for the next episode.

I've only watched Macross Zero from the Macross series, since 7 just seemed like a lame idea; but loved Zero for it's story, action, and amazing visuals/soundtrack. It seems like Macross Frontier will pick up what Zero had. The graphics were spectacular, and the action was eye-opening, jaw-dropping suspense.

Two thumbs up from me!

All the Valkyries I saw looked damn slick. Too bad none of the pilots here would last more that 5 seconds against the legendary leader of Skull Squadron Roy Foker. Seriously how tough is that Zentradi(I'm assuming) mech?

Well combat looked gorgeous and reminded me why Star Wars always needed mechs. Lets just hope they keep up this level of quality. All in all color me impressed and I've never watched much Macross.

I'm assuming not Zentradi, and possibly biomechanical by the looks of it.

What an amazing first ep. Lets meet our veteran flying ace hero who will mold the young guns in his image... *squish* ...or not.

A great xmas present to get this episode today.

Teenage boy forced to pilot mech due to attack by giant stuff has been done to the point of exhaustion but we all overlook it. But we all are used to it by now. I'd be disappointed if a mecha show started any other way!
laugh.gif

Great animation, I instantly liked the characters for some reason (overlooking what smokie pointed out
tongue.gif
) The battle scenes were gorgeous, and if the series sets and keeps a good pace it might eaisly become a new fav
smile.gif
. Left me really looking forward to the next ep.

I grew up with the first Macross and have to say this first ep of the new series ignited my passion for this franchise again. The fight scene is awsome. Anyone have any idea when the second ep will be aired. I've saw several japanese model magazine mentioned about the series but none seem to have mentioned when the 2nd ep will air
sad.gif

That long .... well I have lot to watch lately so it going to be fine anyway. More Itano Circus for me, darn I miss those gorgeous aerial combat scene ...

AARRGGHH
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
i have seen on several formus that the next Episode is Delayed till APRIL
huh.gif
Can anyone Confirm this? or know the reason.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back