Bartender

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

MKK2004

-ecchi
Retired
this anime is pretty interesting and weird in a way that the story is told from a total different point of view from the drinkers. It's really hard to understand the theme of the anime if you don't go to bars I guess. Personally I love alcohol and this anime even teach you how to make cocktails! The ED is like....WOW....it's live action, really suit the mood of the song and the scenery are just awesome. Not really a great story but a very relaxed one.

QUOTE (MKK2004 @ Oct 16 2006, 07:49 PM) Personally I love alcohol and this anime even teach you how to make cocktails! The ED is like....WOW....it's live action, really suit the mood of the song and the scenery are just awesome. Not really a great story but a very relaxed one.
The bar had an almost mystical , lost in time , sorta feel to it . The bartender has all the right answers to one's questions , the drinks seem to be prepared according to the character's personalities . The cocktails look so good I can almost taste them . I'll be taking notes as I contiune to watch , so as to learn how to whip some of these up .
laugh.gif

I dont know know if its just me, but no mater how hard i try, i cant seem to keep a straight face while watching this show... It just takes itself to seriously. Granted, ive only watched a couple of episodes but the show seems quite riddiculous (hm... maybe too strong a word). The bartender himself will brobably be distant enough to not require any backstory or past, and it seems the woman will play a part in most of the stories.... how many alchohol related anicdotes can you experience in your life?

QUOTE (Jack VanBurace @ Nov 06 2006, 01:54 PM) I dont know know if its just me, but no mater how hard i try, i cant seem to keep a straight face while watching this show... It just takes itself to seriously.
Yeah it sorta does , but this last story was a touching one and the history behind the Suntory Whisky and its creator was interesting . Don't know how popular this anime is in Japan , but I like the fact that for those of us who enjoy a good cocktail now and then , one can learn how to make them , plus you get a little liquor trivia to boot , great conversation for the next time a party comes up .
wink.gif

Im having problems playing the episode, the video skips, as in it would stop for a few seconds while the audio keeps going, I downloaded it twice and it still has the same problem. Im playing it in windows media player, anyone have any suggestions?

QUOTE (kdgns @ Nov 09 2006, 10:08 PM) Im having problems playing the episode, the video skips, as in it would stop for a few seconds while the audio keeps going, I downloaded it twice and it still has the same problem. Im playing it in windows media player, anyone have any suggestions?
I do . I will pm you with the suggestions okay ? Look for my message . I dl part three earlier today , have yet to see it though .
laugh.gif

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Nov 10 2006, 01:12 AM) I do . I will pm you with the suggestions okay ? Look for my message . I dl part three earlier today , have yet to see it though .
laugh.gif

Excuse me...could you please send me the pm too? having the same problem(video lags). I tried both VLC and MPC. Thanks...

Edit: sigh.. I just found out my video card being too old...gf2 mmx =x. Hopefully a new subbed for this episode...

QUOTE (aruaru @ Nov 11 2006, 08:43 PM) Excuse me...could you please send me the pm too? having the same problem(video lags). I tried both VLC and MPC. Thanks...
If you are having a problem with those two , try asking one of the experts in the anime tech troubleshooting dept . They are more than happy to help .
laugh.gif

Wow, I must be the only one watching this one.
laugh.gif
So lonely in here.
wink.gif
Well, for the over 21 crowd, I can see why, not many of us, a rare breed are we.
laugh.gif
Anyway, episode three was about regret, (boy, can I relate to that !) anyway, the gentleman who suffers from it, makes his way on over to Edenhall and there learns to console his regret with a shot of Tequila and a Margarita . I liked this episode especially since learning that the Margarita originated in L.A., my hometown .
biggrin.gif
Was interesting to watch the Japanese take on the Margarita . Glad I will be able to see episode 4 before I take my vacation.
biggrin.gif

Update: Just watched episode 4. Touching story about couples getting together or making up over cocktails .
biggrin.gif

I love this anime! Very much! Eventhough I dont really know much about alcohols coz I dont drink, but after watching all 4 episodes, my perceptions towards alcohol does change a bit. Hahahahahaha. The flow in this anime is slow and a bit serious but it makes me relax just by watching how the bartender helps his customers! Kyaaa..... I have fall for him!
tongue.gif

QUOTE (shye85 @ Nov 24 2006, 03:41 AM) The flow in this anime is slow and a bit serious but it makes me relax just by watching how the bartender helps his customers! Kyaaa..... I have fall for him!
tongue.gif

I agree, nevertheless, I like the story so far. It is not fantasy, but real life heartache and regret that is told in this one . The bartender is a sweetie, so generous and kind. When it comes to whipping up your favorite drink.....makes them look so delicious .
laugh.gif
Maybe as the series continues, we will get a glimpse of the bartender's life .

I really did not like this show at all. The animation is horrible, the stories are boring with almost no payoff, and the whole thing is just very ridiculous. I think if anyone is going to appreciate this show it would be middle aged japanese businessmen.

QUOTE (traxxman123 @ Nov 27 2006, 03:55 PM) I really did not like this show at all. The animation is horrible, the stories are boring with almost no payoff, and the whole thing is just very ridiculous. I think if anyone is going to appreciate this show it would be middle aged japanese businessmen.
Gee....after reading the above comment, I sure could use a stiff drink.
laugh.gif
True, the animation may not be up to your standards, but you must remember this is not a fantasy anime where the graphics are supposed to be awesome ...this is just an ordinary story about an extraordinary bar and bartender, who happens to whip up the best drinks all around. I sure could go for the frozen "Hemingway Dacquri."

i love this anime is something new it's interesting has a special flavour
biggrin.gif

what can i say i love tequila so the "margarita" story i really enjoyed
cool.gif
and it's a plus that the show presents recipes for cocktails

It's funny... Besides... erm... Grave of the Firefiles and EVA... I haven't really cried over an anime before. Bartender pulls this out of me and if that's the case... then I see me buying the whole boxset the second it becomes available. The endings tying into the show's drink of the day alongside the heartfelt storys... I found it exceptionally hard not to view this as a great series to lose myself in. For what it's worth... I think that Bartender deserves a better rank then where it is.

QUOTE (damienstryker @ Dec 06 2006, 10:36 AM) It's funny... Besides... erm... Grave of the Firefiles and EVA... I haven't really cried over an anime before. Bartender pulls this out of me and if that's the case... then I see me buying the whole boxset the second it becomes available. The endings tying into the show's drink of the day alongside the heartfelt storys... I found it exceptionally hard not to view this as a great series to lose myself in. For what it's worth... I think that Bartender deserves a better rank then where it is.
I totally agree...the reviews for this anime are good ones..it has been called, " a hidden jewel among current anime series ." I think some folks are put off because they think it's just about drinks.....no, it's about real life and pain and sorrow and loss. It's about hope and renewed vigor to live life all over again, and enjoy a nice, special cocktail, to toast what life is really all about....living it to the fullest.
laugh.gif

Well, ep. 8 becomes my favorite episode for this series. I can see why some people may not show interest but this is definately a recommended title. I just wonder why whoever thought this up decided to go with anime instead of live actors. With a show like this it's certainly possible.

Well after a long break I've found my love for anime again. And I'm glad to say Bartender is the series that has brought me back to this wonderful world. This series is just awsome. From the start of episode one I've just been hooked on it. Some people say that it moves to slow, but I think that is part of what makes this anime so great. That and the fact the topic is so different but for some reason very familure. I hope more people get to view this anime and get as much enjoyment out of it as I am.

So far, I think Bartender is pretty neat. I like how the "drink of the episode"'s history weaves in or is relevant to the character(s) who is the focus point of an episode. I enjoy the segment before the start of an episode in which the origin of a drink is detailed, and at the end of an episode during credits where the ingredients of the episode's highlighted drink are listed and a demonstration of how to prepare one is shown.

What a niche series this is. I would think it would be quite a risk, financially, but it's shows like Bartender that make me appreciate anime even more. There's something for nearly everyone
tongue.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back