• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Primula

Primula

-プリムラ こいびと

• Fansub TV Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1937 posts
  • Interests:Anime, loli(lol), origami, game, drawing expecailly anime girl, computers, etc... making animated sig
    Girls in anime characteristic that I usually like. Kuudere, Tsundere,& certain unique type

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (Repede @ Feb 24 2010, 10:47 AM)
Stupid guess doesn't let me edit the post. Sorry for the double post.

How about any of these Dells?

http://www.bestbuy.c...agetype=listing

Last Dell lasted me for 5 years. Don't want to pay over $700, but anything under is fire as long as it is worth it.

Say no to dells.... i had fix a ratio of 10/1 dells than other brands for ppl

Come check out the Gif Thread

Ecchi Pic 1 Torrent...Torrent Link Ecchi Pic 2 TORRENT!! Torrent Link Ecchi Pic 1-3 YEAH!!!

#22 Repede

Repede

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (Kansatsusha-sama @ Feb 24 2010, 12:15 PM)
Say no to dells.... i had fix a ratio of 10/1 dells than other brands for ppl

A computer person, cool!

What would you recommend then?
user posted image

#23 Primula

Primula

-プリムラ こいびと

• Fansub TV Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1937 posts
  • Interests:Anime, loli(lol), origami, game, drawing expecailly anime girl, computers, etc... making animated sig
    Girls in anime characteristic that I usually like. Kuudere, Tsundere,& certain unique type

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:03 PM

Dell= dislike
Sony = over price and have to uses specific driver for certain things like graphic card
Toshiba = own one not much beef yet lol
Acer = other than the fact that it had an annoying program when i was trying to fix someone computer was on so it didnt detect my external memory drives.. other than that no beef yet although didnt play on it much.
Asus = very durable brand
Compaq/Hp = hummm they not that bad too (compaq had a power plug problem in the past though but not for the newer model)
Gateway = See nothing bad with it yet....

Alienware = well suppose to be the best gaming computer....but dell bought them....so if it the alienware version for dell then maybe dell.... i think it might be under XPS dont remember..

Also depending on the spec make it better or worst

Come check out the Gif Thread

Ecchi Pic 1 Torrent...Torrent Link Ecchi Pic 2 TORRENT!! Torrent Link Ecchi Pic 1-3 YEAH!!!

#24 dchaosblade

dchaosblade

- Lord of Chaos

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2992 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list, but to get a start on it: quotes, reading, writing, anime, games, computers, &c.

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:27 PM

When it comes down to brand, it's just based on opinion and experience. I know a lot of people who live and die by Dell, and I know a lot who say it's crap. Same goes for every other brand out there. All in all, they're all fine for the most part. Sony tends to be a little bit more expensive than it needs to be and a little more difficult to work with, but it really isn't bad and their support tends to get decent reviews. Toshiba and HP are pretty reliable machines. Asus has shown itself to be fairly reliable too and market surveys show that people tend to be very satisfied with them. Acer tends to lie in the 'average' category. Compaq is HP, so yeah...Alienware is Dell's higher-end nowadays for the people who like to play games on their laptops...

All in all, it's more about the specs than the brand. That said, market survey says go with Toshiba, Asus, or HP/Compaq.
Don't forget, the edit and search buttons are your friend!
user posted image

#25 Repede

Repede

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:30 PM

Last questions I promise.

How is this one?

http://www.bestbuy.c...2&skuId=9727302

Or should I just go with the original Toshiba?

My last Dell Inspiron, still works after 5 years. It does get the screen of death every now and then, amd it's slow. But for a 5 year old comp. I think it's awesome.

user posted image

#26 dchaosblade

dchaosblade

- Lord of Chaos

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2992 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list, but to get a start on it: quotes, reading, writing, anime, games, computers, &c.

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:38 PM

My only real concern with the Dell would be with the Hard Drive (only 250GB). I've owned a Toshiba Satellite in the past, as has my brother, and both have been very good and reliable (and mine still runs even though it's going on 7 years or so). I've heard that the Inspiron is along the same lines.
Personally, I NEED HD space, so I'd go with the Toshiba (320GB vs 250GB), even though it has 1 GB less RAM. Note that the Toshiba uses DDR3 and is expandable to 8GB too, so it's easy to upgrade in the future if you decide you want more. Also note, the Toshiba's wireless card is a b/g/n. That n-adapter could come in very handy in the future, while Dell's wireless card (b/g) isn't compatible with the new network type.

Personally, I'd go with the Toshiba.
user posted image

#27 Repede

Repede

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:43 PM

Yeah my aunt had a Toshiba that lasted her like 3 years. I think now the battery won't charge or something like that.

HD space isn't all that much of a worry for me. I already have a 250gb external filled, and a 500g with 100g free. So if anything I'll just buy a 1 Terabyte, but then again it would be nice not to have to move everything so soon.

I also notest the Dell has:

GraphicsATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330V

ideo MemoryUp to 512MB

While Toshiba has:

GraphicsIntel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M

Video Memory128MB - 1341MB dynamically allocated shared

Wouldn't the Dell be better for playing Videos and whatnot? I don't play videogames in computer. At all. So if it only hlps for playing games I don't care.

Edited by Repede, 24 February 2010 - 07:57 PM.

user posted image

#28 dchaosblade

dchaosblade

- Lord of Chaos

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2992 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:07 PM

I can't imagine that you'll notice a difference between the two just when watching videos. I know for a fact that the 4500M supports up to 1080p/i video, so...
user posted image

#29 Repede

Repede

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:09 PM

Well off to buy the Toshiba it is.

Thanks a lot to everyone. I really do appreciate the help.
user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users