Lyrical Nanoha Manga thread

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Alberich

Kouhai
So I'm working my way through the A's manga, and plan to read the StrikerS manga next. I didn't see a thread for the manga installments of the Nanoha franchise when I searched, so I figured I'd start one.

One thing I'm curious about is people's opinions of the ongoing Force manga. I caught up on it a few weeks ago, and am aware that it's pretty controversial (personally I think it's an interesting new addition to the canon, and it's piqued my interest, so I plan to continue reading it). So, do you like it or not? And what do you think are its high points and low points?

First thing...have you watched all 3 series of Nanoha's anime?

The Nanoha, A's, and Strikers manga are more like filling in the plot-gaps of the anime, so you'd really should watch the anime first if not already done so.

As for Nanoha Force, the story is not so much focused on Nanoha and the gang, but on the new hero and herorines. While the story is not boring, because it is being serialised on a monthy manga magazine, the new chapters coming out very slow, and since story progess in a continual way, having to wait for new chapters is quite annoying. In my opinon, it won't be too bad to start reading this, WHEN the manga already ended...so you can read in one go or whenver you like.

So far, I find the Vivid manga is more interesting than Nanoha Force, partly because the old gangs get more appearance time, plus there are lots of lolis...lots and lots of fighting lolis
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Apr 06 2011, 05:51 AM) First thing...have you watched all 3 series of Nanoha's anime?

The Nanoha, A's, and Strikers manga are more like filling in the plot-gaps of the anime, so you'd really should watch the anime first if not already done so.

As for Nanoha Force, the story is not so much focused on Nanoha and the gang, but on the new hero and herorines. While the story is not boring, because it is being serialised on a monthy manga magazine, the new chapters coming out very slow, and since story progess in a continual way, having to wait for new chapters is quite annoying. In my opinon, it won't be too bad to start reading this, WHEN the manga already ended...so you can read in one go or whenver you like.

So far, I find the Vivid manga is more interesting than Nanoha Force, partly because the old gangs get more appearance time, plus there are lots of lolis...lots and lots of fighting lolis
laugh.gif

Yeah, I've seen all the animes, which was what got me into the franchise in the first place. Like I said, I've read the A's manga and am working on StrikerS. I kind of agree on waiting until Force finishes its run - I prefer watching/reading finished series, but got tired of seeing spoilers about it on TVTropes.

ViVid - I liked it, though the lighter tone meant I didn't get into it quite as deeply. It's definitely a completely different beast than Force (one wonders if the producers are deliberately taking the franchise in two different directions, to appeal to both the fans of the original series and the StrikerS fans). It's an easy read, plus it's pretty good for the further worldbuilding of Midchilda society - which I'm always interested in. My main qualm is that the non-anime characters are a bit poorly developed, though I suppose that can change in the future, as the tournament reveals more about their likings and motivations.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back