Bakuman

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

JC-HoBz

-san
Kouhai
bakuman.jpg

Title: Bakuman
Japanese Title: バクマン。
Genre: Romance, Comedy, Slice-of-life
Premier: October 2010

Plot Summary: Moritaka Mashiro and Akito Takagi are pretty much foils of each other. Mashiro, an average 9th grade student but talented artist, and Takagi, an overall advanced 9th grader and aspiring writer. After great convincing, Takagi convinces Mashiro to join him in becoming the greatest mangakas Japan has ever seen. Takagi, with his gift of writing, hopes to become a successful mangaka, and Mashiro, with his gift of art, hopes to marry the girl of his dreams, Azuki Miho.

(~~ALL from ANN~~)

My thoughts:

I've read the manga, and it's pretty damn good. I can't wait to see how it turns out. An anime from a manga which talks about manga. IMO the first 20 chapters of Bakuman were probably the best chapters that came out during the weeks they were released.

Anyways i can't wait till it comes out, it's on my watch list.

Also it's from the mangaka's that did Deathnote.

Premier: October 2010

I'm looking forward to this one, its been a while since I read this one.
wink.gif

Just bumping this back to the first page as Bakuman anime is going to air on the 2nd of October!

Can't wait till this weekend, hopefully the anime will be as good as the manga.

Also here is a picture from AniDB, it's a better animated picture of the Bakuman series.
54210.jpg

I'm looking forward to this one too, I have read some of the manga thanks to Hiasubi's strong recommendation
tongue.gif
I really enjoyed what I have read so far. There are some interesting characters in this story
smile.gif

One of the few series im going to watch. But i am VERY sceptical about this series, since i have problems with the idea of an anime. But im hopefull
biggrin.gif
yay
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Hiasubi @ Oct 01 2010, 03:52 AM) One of the few series im going to watch. But i am VERY sceptical about this series, since i have problems with the idea of an anime. But im hopefull
biggrin.gif
yay
biggrin.gif

Yeah, with the picture i posted above i kinda don't really like the animated version of the characters. Well the only character looks i don't really like is Miho and Kaya. Hopefully they look better than the poster.

QUOTE (JC-HoBz @ Oct 01 2010, 11:18 AM) Yeah, with the picture i posted above i kinda don't really like the animated version of the characters. Well the only character looks i don't really like is Miho and Kaya. Hopefully they look better than the poster.
Ah i have more issues than just characters, i have issues with it just getting an anime in general, then there is possible series length.

But ill wait until the 1st episode before i carry on with the my skeptisism

Heads up, first ep is out by SFW. Grab it while it's hot, unless you want to wait for your favorite team.

Expecting something like Genshiken's anime adaptation with this one [translated as high hopes], and yes I'm hoping for a second season seeing as the manga isn't done yet IIRC. [It's been on my HD for god knows how long. I really should start reading manga again.]

EDIT:

loltrollsubs disregard that stuff I suck youknowwhats.

EDIT2:

Oh, and why the hell is that mangaka attached so much to ink and paper?

QUOTE (khael @ Oct 02 2010, 03:29 PM) Heads up, first ep is out by SFW. Grab it while it's hot, unless you want to wait for your favorite team.

Expecting something like Genshiken's anime adaptation with this one [translated as high hopes], and yes I'm hoping for a second season seeing as the manga isn't done yet IIRC. [It's been on my HD for god knows how long. I really should start reading manga again.]

EDIT:

loltrollsubs disregard that stuff I suck youknowwhats.

EDIT2:

Oh, and why the hell is that mangaka attached so much to ink and paper?
Read it dude, i couldnt recomend it highly enough.

Yeah the subed version is lame, all though i did sit and watch it all and il admit it was funny, but then i realised how badly i want the real subbed version and it stopped being funny.

I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!

Just updating that the real version is out this time, get it now
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Sorry for the double guys, jsut wanted people to know that a legit episode was out.

Just finished watching, and the anime style doesnt seem as bad as i thought it would of been, seems pretty solid.

So far its following the manga (i know i know its just the one episode so far but im hopeful), and it looks like they have got Takagi down to a tea
biggrin.gif
But i really hope that the theme for Super Hero Legends is put on the soundtrack since it sounds really cool and catchy
biggrin.gif

The op theme was kinda relaxing which seems kinda fitting since generaly it is a relaxing manga (except the total cliffhanger chapters).

But im still sceptical about Bakuman working as an anime, i mean unless it gets at least a 52 episode run i just dont think it would work since its not something you can have work in a 13 eppy seires since its not a final battle kinda thing for the ending. If it garunteed having numerous series' maybe, im just not sure dont know if ive explained it all that well though. Also dont hope this series doesnt primarily focus on the romance between Mashiro and Miho i hope it quickly takes a back seat like in the manga

All in all really liked the episode
biggrin.gif

EDIT 2: After watching the ending theme with alal the manga panels i really cant wait to see the enxt episode, cant wait to see Hatori, Fukuda, Eiji and Hiramaru!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

A great ep with some really good scnese to laugh and a big "WTF???"-moment when Mashiro suddenly confesses. My reaction was just like Mashiros and Takagis. Sooo great. And her response. She actually accepted. But her condition is kinda ridiciulous in my eyes oO

I really like Takagi. Hes such an crazy character with doing random stuff he wants to do, its awesome just to listen to him or watching him doing something. I dont know, but he really remembers me of Haruhi, even though not that crazy.

Btw, I never read Bakuman, but I read another manga a few weeks ago named G Senjou Heaven's Door which, too, is about two guys wanting to become mangakas. But this manga is pretty dark. Its only 3 Volumes long and finished, so you should check it out.

Nothing like a bit cliched japanese existentialism to kick off a series. Apart from that im surprised at how likeable Mashiro comes across in the anime he certainly never had that vibe in the manga. A very relatable character.

Overall the episode was good. The real charm in Bakuman lies in its side characters, such as Nizuma who I cant wait to see.

Azuki strikes me as a bit of silly girl really. I dont like her simply because she has a puritan textbook view of romance. But then again the romance here is just a plot device.

Anyway looking forward to how the anime developes. Hopefully they can keep it out of melodrama territory.

Well to be honest i didn't really like the start of the anime. It seemed kinda boring. But midway through it had me smiling at some of the scenes and the ending was awesome.

It's just like the manga where you feel it's ordinary then at the end it blows your mind away.

Give it 8/10, as i didn't really like Kaya's voice.

Also a spoiler question from the manga.
Didn't they stand outside Miho's house for 30 minutes staring at each other before talking? Or is that later?

QUOTE (JC-HoBz @ Oct 03 2010, 02:39 AM) Give it 8/10, as i didn't really like Kaya's voice.

Also a spoiler question from the manga.
Didn't they stand outside Miho's house for 30 minutes staring at each other before talking? Or is that later?
Yeah but hopefuly she will take a huge back seat like in the manga
biggrin.gif
So we wont need to put up with it
biggrin.gif

Regarding your question, i think it was later, when they find out Mashiros Uncle was in love with Mihos mum, think it was about then, but ill have to reread the manga.

Very good first episode, this and Sora no Otoshimono Forte had the best debuts so far this season IMO.
You know franzoir, I also felt that Mashiro was more likable here in the anime than in the manga. In the manga I was drawn more to Takagi right away, and Mashiro not so much. I thought it was neat that they had the OP for Super Hero Legends as an opener, a nice tribute to Mashiro's uncle.

I also think it's weird that Miho would resort to just texting after the marriage proposal, so they can both focus on their goals....
rolleyes.gif
They don't even know each other that well, this was the first time they talked to one another, how do they even know if they are right for each other?? Well, like franzoir says, it's just a plot device, but still it seems a little silly to me.

Finally got around to watching this and the word that describes it so far for me is: warm. The ep made me feel all warm by the end, definitely a good feeling to have. Yeah the whole marriage thing was rediculous but I like the characters & where its headed.

Gahhh I'm watching new series with a crapton of old eps in my DL folder. Damn you JC for infecting me with your habit!

Dunno about Kaya, but Miho will definitely take a back seat during most of the manga, so no worries. The manga was more about the two becoming mangakas and the world of mangakas than the romance and Mashiro and Miho anyway.

Oh, and if the anime continues at this pace, which seems to be 1 chapter per episode, it seems that new seasons aren't really that farfetched, well if the series does well in BD/DVD sales that is. That or they'll probably do the whole manga in a single season and catch up with the manga like FMA.

Is the manga ending soon?

@Julez

Liked Takagi more too in the beginning but after reading more than half of the manga, the lolreactionfaces sold the "duo" for me.

On the mailing bit, it may just be a plot device, but dang, it makes for good old fashioned NTR plot.

A nice second ep. I really like their combo. Their conversations are always hilarious, especially cine they are both so different. While Takagi is completely overthetop Mortaka is more the whatever guy. And the was Takagi laughed in the infirmary was just sooo awesome.

Im really looking forward to them beginning.

Such a feel good anime!

Only thing that annoyed me was the one eyed wink. Made me feel like punching them in their face.

Anyways argh i just want to watch the next episode. So great when there is an anime that makes you really really want to watch the next episode. Not many of them are running.

But seeing how things are running, the anime can definitely go 70+ episodes. Hopefully its a massive hit in Japan and gets a second and third season without having a break.

Yep, the anime hasnt even really started but yet there is something charming and endearing about it. Its a feel good story.

The conversation on the rooftop was very authentic. You could easily imagine a conversation like that in real life.

Im not usually into slice of life drama, but its so subtle and clever. Like how Mashiro was explaining the "policy" of his houehold.

It makes me feel relaxed.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back