What browser do u use?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

What browser do u use?

• Internet Explorer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Netscape

• Mozilla

• Firefox

• Opera

• Safari

• Lynx

• Total voters
i use firefox for me its because of
Better layout
easier to use
for some reason always plays media when IE doesnt:/

isn't mozilla incorperated with firefox??? but whatever. i prefer morzilla/firefox for the speed, confort, and plugins, but IE for websites i can't usually get into with other browsers.

EDIT: AHAHAHA FUNNY VIDEO RIGHT THERE!

firefox is made by mozilla. oh, and i like it. tabbed browsing, the bookmarks toolbar, and plugins are nice. i'd get soaked half the time it rained if i didn't have forecastfox telling me it was raining.

dry.gif
It doesn't have mine. I use NetCaptor. It very similar to Firefox though but I prefer netcaptor.

QUOTE (hamasusuke @ Apr 14 2006, 11:07 PM) isn't mozilla incorperated with firefox??? but whatever. i prefer morzilla/firefox for the speed, confort, and plugins, but IE for websites i can't usually get into with other browsers.
Firefox uses a mozilla core. (which was also used by netscape)

When you refer to the mozilla browser, it means a browser that was created after netscape and that was mainly abbandonned for firefox.

Firefox is great for its tabs and plug-ins. Ufortunatly IE is still required for ActiveX based website and a few others that are doing bad browser compatibility tests.

Lynx!! I mean, smilelolz did you ever use lynx? You know it is a text only based browser?? Apart from someone working on a computer with only a console and no graphical interface, there is not much use for it.

IE shouldn't even be considered a browser.. its latest version has no respect whatsoever for web standards, so a web designer often has to make a website twice because of that..

for you to know what i'm talking about, go here:
http://www.yourhtmlsource.com/examples/positioning2.html

Visit this page with IE and with Firefox, Opera, Mozilla (i think it's compatible as well)... compare the difference.

Oh, and one more thing.. IE is the perfect way for you to get adware / spyware (it might very well be the unsafest thing in all Windows). So i'm an IE hater
wink.gif

/jp

EDIT: i added how that page renders in Safari, for you IE guys to compare
tongue.gif

QUOTE (hamasusuke @ Apr 14 2006, 09:07 PM) isn't mozilla incorperated with firefox??? but whatever. i prefer morzilla/firefox for the speed, confort, and plugins, but IE for websites i can't usually get into with other browsers.

EDIT: AHAHAHA FUNNY VIDEO RIGHT THERE!
Mozilla FireFox. You stand correct
laugh.gif

I use firefox for one main reason; loads up pages faster than IE.

Edit: Not to mention the "Ctrl + J" feature.

QUOTE (darkdog @ Apr 15 2006, 05:56 AM) IE shouldn't even be considered a browser.. its latest version has no respect whatsoever for web standards, so a web designer often has to make a website twice because of that..

for you to know what i'm talking about, go here:
http://www.yourhtmlsource.com/examples/positioning2.html

Visit this page with IE and with Firefox, Opera, Mozilla (i think it's compatible as well)... compare the difference.

@ darkdog-dredg
I've visited the paga with opera and IE.
my question ist: what should I see?
( or better: what sould be wrong with IE?)

with IE:
red layer: in bottom right corner (if I resize the window it chages its position in order to stay in the corner.)
blue layer: It maintains it distance to the green layer and to the bottom and left border of the window. By reducing the horizontal size it changes the number of lines.
green layer: maintaining distance to bottom and left border of the picture. But its size is fixed ( no additional lines).
Black orange and yellow one( having the red 2px dashed border): fixed positions. not moving no nothing.
The top text : .. well its there.. nothing above of it.
order of the layers: black , orange , green/ blue, red, and above of all.. yellow...
( till here its the same with Opera).

Differences:
-the frame of the blue layer in IE is black, not gray like opera (and your .gif)
-The green area between the double border ( of the green layer) is absent.
- both ( opera and IE ) fail to draw the gray border of the blue layer the way its on your picture ( is it some sort of 3d effect?!)

Of course opera (v 8.54) is set to identify itself as opera...
with othe words.. nothing besides the double border is different...

Now..... is my opera broken?!
What should I se with IE?
I doubt they've changed the IE to work properly but I'm curious what I am missig because of using Opera
blink.gif

P.s. I've seen some pages not working with IE. Therefore I know It's crap.. but I want to know what's wrong with IE on that page.

Opera is the best. Much better than Firefox (not to mention IE) IMO. Everyone should give it a try. The things about it that are better are really important and its downsides are really just tiny annoyances.

Pros:
-Automatic tabbed browsing, so you can keep everything in one window.
-Good pop-up blocker.
-Remembers what sites you were looking at last, so when you close and reopen it you're on the same pages you were when you got off.
-If you accidently close a tab you can press ctrl+z to reopen it.
-Helpful download manager.
-Zoom function that can be a nice perk.

Cons:
-That helpful download manager is only not good with this site. I visit fansub.tv using IE just so I can use Free Download Manager (which I can't get to work with Opera), which isn't much better but it's a tad less likely to screw up at 95% But if you're completely confident in your internet not hiccuping any during the download (my is so unreliable) then Opera's mangager is good even for here.
-It's a bit of a hog on the resources. Using Opera and Limewire at the same time gives me a bit of slowdown.
-ytmnd.com doesn't work correctly. Then again, it doesn't for Firefox either.
-Gmail's IM function doesn't work.

god dam, it's the attack of the SUPER ASS LONG POST POSTERS! ....

still prefer firefox... as smilelolz refers..

QUOTE (Seizure_Dog @ Apr 16 2006, 04:11 PM) Opera is the best. Much better than Firefox (not to mention IE) IMO.
Ever considered that opera is SOLD where firefox is free? Unless you are ready to bear those adds at the top.

And just so you nkow, Firefox also uses tabs, just click those links with the middle mouse button (if you got a wheel mouse, the wheel also has a button).

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back