Favorite Movie type

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

What movie genre is your favorite?

• Action/Adventure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Animation

• Comedy

• Classics

• Drama

• Horror

• Western

• Other (post what it is)

• Total voters

Nightdragon

TSiF-Tearraven
Retired
I like Horror movies and Animation but Horror overrides Animation when it comes to me.

I voted Other, i am a major Sci-Fi Horror/Thriller fan. Like Alien and stuff.

I don't really think that anime qualifies as a genre because it can be anything. You can have comedy, horror, sci-fi.

My favorite genres are film noir and cyberpunk.

QUOTE (NiceAndBlue @ Dec 14 2005, 12:25 PM) My favorite genres are film noir and cyberpunk.
what is cyberpunk?

A futuristic version of punked?

QUOTE (smilelolz @ Dec 14 2005, 07:50 PM) Harry Potter sucked. muahahaha!
I heard the forth one is good. I still perfer to read the books over watching the movies.

Problems with movies based on books is that they are too short. "They" cut off lots of good parts and change the story so it fit a certain time frame.

Action/ Adventure

Never a dull moment!
smile.gif

Anyone ever watched "the Stand" by Stephen King

I prefer the book because even with the Stand being almost 5 hours long they still did not put everything in because it would not be "policly correct"

QUOTE (neutrality @ Dec 14 2005, 08:00 PM) I heard the forth one is good. I still perfer to read the books over watching the movies.
yeh before i went...i asked everyone else that saw it about what they thought about it...EVERYONE said it was amazing...but to me...i didn't like it....but i knew taking a 600-700 page book and turning it into a 3 hour movie was going to be difficult.....

i think the only exception to how a movie can never be better than the book..is lord of the rings...every time i pick up one of the LOTR books i would ALWAYS fall asleep afterwards....it was just wayyy to descriptive and confusing....BUT...i think everyone would agree with me that the LOTR movies were amazing

QUOTE (CRMSON @ Dec 14 2005, 11:04 PM) i think the only exception to how a movie can never be better than the book..is lord of the rings...every time i pick up one of the LOTR books i would ALWAYS fall asleep afterwards....it was just wayyy to descriptive and confusing....BUT...i think everyone would agree with me that the LOTR movies were amazing
But they actually removed lots of parts of the book to make the movie. Unless you want to end up with a 10 hour film, there is usally no other choice but to skip parts of a book when transforming it in a movie.

Just dont try to compare a movie to its book. I always try to see both of these as different things. Otherwise, you will always be dissapointed.

QUOTE (Bold @ Dec 15 2005, 06:37 AM) Just dont try to compare a movie to its book. I always try to see both of these as different things. Otherwise, you will always be dissapointed.
I try to do the same thing but it's kind of hard isn't it. Once you read the book and watching the movie, the story in the book is always at the back of your mind so you expect the movie to follow the story in the book.

I love Romantic Classical movies
happy.gif
like "Gone with The wind"
and i love also Fantasy movies such as Harry potter
and am waiting impatiently for "Memories of a Geisha"
so hmmm i like those types of movies =)

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back