High School DxD: Hero

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Kid-Wolf

~ Azur Lane Hunter ~
Staff member
Leader Council
Synopisis: The story follows Issei Hyodo, a dim-witted, lecherous second-year high school student who is killed by a girl on his first date ever. Issei is reincarnated as a devil, and from that day forward, he serves as an underling of Rias, a high-level devil who is also the prettiest girl on Issei's campus.
Taken from MAL

My Take:

All I can say is I knew Spring time was the season for massive ecchiness. not only that but to see a Directors Cut for a first epsidoe pretty much proves as to how high of an ecchi level this series will be to the point of were it could be considered as one of those Maho Harems if you will. By that mean girls that have magical abilities or happen to be of demonic background.

Pretty much with this being an action baised ecchi series might be something help me through this season.
tongue.gif

Attachments

• 32527l.jpg
    32527l.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 243
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jan 11 2012, 11:45 AM) All I can say is I knew Spring time was the season for massive ecchiness.
except this is winter, not spring
tongue.gif

Oh come on now where I live it feels like Spring.
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

In any case I think you knew what I meant there.
wink.gif

Honstly, this was great.
It felt a lot like Kore wa Zombie just a lot better.

Rias is a great maincharacter and not a tsundere/inferior-complex/annoyance/what-ever like most of them are.
Even the mainguy looks promising if he is like he was shown in the ED. Sure he is a pervert, but who wasnt one in his age? I certainly was, not to such an extent as to peep but still.
Even the other girls dont seem to have bad characters what is a great plus too and Yuuma seems to make a good antagonist. At least for now she defenitely is.

Storywise I dont expect much but I wont mind getting positivley surprised ^^

Animation is pretty good and the ED was good too. The first song this season I like.

Overall a really good ep which makes me want to see more, hopefully staying uncensored
tongue.gif

Btw, it seems that the next big thing is "Normal Highschool Meeting Fantasy" seeing how much of this came in the last few seasons (Kore wa Zombie, Itsuka Tenma, Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, Yumekui Merry, thos one).

I must indeed say that this series is pretty good. Rias is good as a main character. She recognizing him as a little brother gives hope that this won't be a real harem series. Combined with the blood that seems to spray a lot it really gives hope for this series. Issei until now looks pretty average with his harem ideas. To see him have a special weapon on his left arm suggests that maybe a real story is going to emerge. Back to the second episode: that nun girl at the end looks like it may get more interesting. Is she sent to watch Issei??

okay so with the second episode it seems that Issei pretty much found out in the most blunt of manners that he's no longer considered as a human, but a lowly demon biased servant. Although on the up side with him finding out he could get a servant if he wished pretty much gave him the drive to obtain a harem in that way of course.
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

Anyways with him being a complete rookie here it's to be expected that learning the ropes are going to be much harder then what they seem... Well that and his pervy drive is what's keeping him from leaving Risie all alone and whatnot.
tongue.gif

A great second ep. Rias is just one of the best maincharacters and a real woman who knows how to play her cards.
But Issei isnt bad either. Instead of always crying like most maincahracters do he actually puts up a fight from the getgo.
Akeno is interesting too and she seems to know a lot of Rias. Maybe another servant? Or childhoodfriend?

The nun is probably sent because of high demon activity or something or because the church found out that there is someone with a Sacred Gear. But sadly she doesnt look like she will make it interesting since she will be far too easy to manipulate.

This is not good. Why do we get so much fanservice? Is this series already going to need to keep interesting? The story itself with Rias and company comparing themselves with chess pieces (i missed the bishop...since we got Asia this time she is probably going to be that piece?...) and coming to the rescue of Issei is good enough. Asia looks to become something special for Issei. To actually have her remain behind while the devils withdraw was nicely done. I wonder how she is going to be in the next episode...She looks to be in for a lot of trouble.

So Issei does have an advantage in being a pawn. I must say that he ain't so bad as a main character. At first i feared he would just become an ecchi guy in a sort of harem series. That doesn't seem to be the case even if he keeps on wanting a harem he looks to have a preference for Asia.
Rias and her "queen" also act pretty good this time. Luring away part of the priests so that they can get to Asia was to be expected. That vice-president looks to be a really dangerous sadistical girl behind that facade of being friendly.
Until now this series doesn't disappoint although i fear that the fanservice will take over in a few episodes..

You know this series is reminding me of that anime that aired a few years back, and then probably a while ago had a second season out of no where. Yes I'm talking about how the fanservice is making it feel like Sekon no Quazar with the massive fanservice in almost every episode here.
tongue.gif

As for the episode itself I have to agree with nijlandp-san about the advantage Issei has in being a pawn afterall. Pretty much even though it's a throw-away type piece, he finallt found out it also has another use if it manages to survive into the "Enemy's Back Ranks" in the end.

Still I have to say I think if he manages to save Aisa I'm sure he would do pretty much anything to keep her by his side. I mean it sounds reasonable to keep someone that you really like close to you afterall.
tongue.gif

This show is a lot better than I thought it would be. Interesting and hot female characters, a good male lead, interesting story and nice action.

Isseis ability to promote makes him the strongest of all of the ones following Rias and even stronger than herself (since everyone who knows chess knows how weak the king is). At least in theory. Of course he still lacks experience and training.

I dont think this show has too much fanservice, or lets say its rather well done and doesnt feel unnecessary. At least in my eyes. There are worse shows in that matter out there (Qwaser or Queens Blade for example).

If you just watch the first episode and don't like fanservice I can see where you would have dropped this immediately after episode one. I'm not for sure if they have subbed versions that are censored but the uncensored version of this show takes the phrase 'fanservice friendly' up a couple of notches. You're gonna get panty shots and bear breasts jiggling on your screen from time to time. But if you don't necessarily mind that it has a surprisingly solid cast of characters so far.

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Jan 28 2012, 03:11 AM)So Issei does have an advantage in being a pawn. I must say that he ain't so bad as a main character. At first i feared he would just become an ecchi guy in a sort of harem series. That doesn't seem to be the case
I thought the exact same thing as first. An unlucky guy with girls wants a harem. But after watching these four episodes he's kind of shifted into a male character of justice type who wants to become stronger to protect his friends. I want to see where this story is going during the next couple of episodes before making a decision on whether or not to continue watching for the long haul. It has been surprising since I came in with very low expectations.

Okay so with episode 5 it somewhat turned out the way I guessed, but I was hoping she'd be more of Issei's minion here but instead turned out to be a member of the entire group.

Although I have to admit that now not only does he have to keep himself in check around with the President, but he has to make sure to take care of Aisa afterall.
tongue.gif

So Asia is now part of the group. I can't say it was a surprise. We got a lot of fanservice from her in this episode but again Issei was surprising as he didn't react to it. He really just did his best to help. Whatever may play between Issei and Asia will probably add some extra depth to the series. Let's hope it can remain a serious relationship.
To have some more background on the pieces was also a nice feature. It does look like we are going to see a bigger fight now.

Because I waited for a certain subgroup I only just now could watch ep 5.
Overall there was nothing surprising, but it was still great. The way Issei stepped up to Raynelle was just great. Too bad though Raynelle is gone now, she was a great villain even though I hated how weak and feared she was at the end. That totally didnt make sense, but sadly most villains are useless when something unplanned or surprising happens -.-

Asia joining the family as the bishop was to be expected. But to be honest I had to google the bishop since in germany there is nothing like a bishop in chess, for us its called "Läufer", which would be translated as "Runner".

Okay after watching episode six I've come to the conclusion that the Prez (Rias) is the smexiest anime girl going right now. She's got this calm demeanor, an alluring voice, and a body that should be illegal. You could get arrested for some of the thoughts you have during an episode watching her. I give Issei a ton of credit for being able to control himself (for the most part) just being in her presence. I really like this cast of characters and that's why I'm going to stick with this one.

Nothing major happened plot wise in this particular episode. It was more of your random fun type episode where we are left to wonder if Rias is possibly falling for her "cute servant" lol Issei. In episode five (I think) Rias told Issei that he would be her only pawn because to turn him it took up so many pieces. Does that mean that basically she will not add any more pieces or servants to her crew after making Asia her bishop? That is what I was assuming she meant at least.

I have been wondering why this one is getting so much press of late...I may check it out since Woofie-san claims tis the "Springtime of his ecchi-youth" while Senpai-kun claims a main "character has a body that outta be outlawed" and seeing as a few others are enthused as well, I was wondering...
wink.gif
That being said, I may just check this here ecchi series out and if it be worth the risk...well, I may just jump on the press wagon myself.
tongue.gif

Well Aya-tan if you like ecchi series that pretty much shows boobies all over the place with-in reason (if that is even possible
laugh.gif
) then you might tolerate it.
tongue.gif

Also, since this is a harem series we already filled the minimum of at least one loli per harem.
laugh.gif

In any case I have to say that I'm glad to see that Issei is doing his best to look out for Aisa to the point of where it does show that he has poor luck with the contracts as of late. Although with the Rias going with him to fulfill a contract really did help since it gave him an idea on how to do certain things for certain people.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Feb 12 2012, 07:41 AM) Well Aya-tan if you like ecchi series that pretty much shows boobies all over the place with-in reason (if that is even possible
laugh.gif
)
Well, Woofie-san. you are gonna be proud of me when I tell you that I watched episode one last night and really liked the story and the main character, Issei-kun. A cute and playful (albeit horny) lolo...that being said, I'm in! I have the other five episodes downloaded to watch and will catch up eventually with all of you.
Nice animation with a wonderful use of color...(the blood splatters were right on) the other boys were too funny as well...I hope they too, will land a girl.
tongue.gif
Of course, the body parts (exposed) were a tad too much (in one's face) but I just went with the flow since like I said...tis the story that is of interest, so I can hang with the ecchi but just don't get upset if I start poking fun at it.
wink.gif

Oh Aya-tan I'm okay with it because to be honest I have no idea what your Ecchi Levels are so I won't complain about your jokes here and there.
tongue.gif

In any case the fanservice is kind of on the level of Quasar or maybe even Queen's Blade, but the thing is it kind of moves the plot somehow.
tongue.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back