• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4517 posts
  • Location:http://www.ntv.co.jp/english/pc/2018/06/mr-tonegawamiddle-management-blues--.html
  • Interests:Registered in 2006 mostly as a lurker until 2011, so I post daily since FTV became less active lately :(

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:01 PM

Touhou Niji Sousaku Doujin Animation: Musou Kakyou 2, the sequel of a Summer day's Dream comes true after 3 years
user posted image
Title: Shrine Maiden Unofficial Fan-made Anime: -A Summer Day's Dream- 2
Japanese: 東方二次創作同人アニメーション 夢想夏郷 2 -A Summer Day's Dream-
Date released: 8/11/2012 (unofficial OVA series 2nd episode)
Genres: Comedy, Action, Fantasy
Original creator: ZUN
Art director, character designer, music, directed and written by: TOKINE
Color design by: Akira
Studio: MAIKAZE
Narration: Kikuko Inoue
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
1st OVA cast: Reimu Hakurei (博麗 霊夢) voiced by Mai Nakahara
Marisa Kirisame (霧雨 魔理沙) voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro
Suika Ibuki (伊吹 萃香) voiced by Aki Toyosaki
Aya Shameimaru (射命丸 文) voiced by Ayumi Fujimura
Patchouli Knowledge (パチュリー・ノーレッジ) voiced by Mikako Takahashi
Remilia Scarlet (レミリア・スカーレット) voiced by Ayumi Tsuji
Sakuya Izayoi (十六夜 咲夜) voiced by Rie Tanaka
Meiling "China" Hong (紅 美鈴)
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
2nd OVA cast: Yuyuko Saigyouji (西行寺 幽々子) voiced by Ai Kayano
Youmu Konpaku (魂魄 妖夢) voiced by Aoi Yūki
Reisen Udongein Inaba (鈴仙・優曇華院・イナバ) voiced by Sayuri Yahagi
Tewi Inaba (因幡 てゐ) voiced by Yuka Iguchi
Eirin Yagokoro (八意 永琳) voiced by Hitomi Nabatame
Kaguya Houraisan (蓬莱山 輝夜) voiced by Takamori Natsumi
Yukari Yakumo (八雲 紫)
Alice Margatroid (アリス・マーガトロイド)
OVA#2 PV: user posted image
Official website: http://musoukakyo.maikaze.com/

Synopsis: Second Doujinshi anime based on the Touhou franchise created by ZUN. As Reimu is about to continue throwing ofuda at Patchouli, Remilia shows up on the library's balcony, wondering if it was true the donation box got stolen. She then tells Reimu that Patchouli is highly unlikely to be the culprit, since she's been looking for her missing books all that time and hasn't been out of the Mansion recently, and that Sakuya's tea and food supply also went missing the night before. Due to the fact all the items were stolen at the same day and time, Reimu declares the problem is another incident.

Necropinion: good news everyone who were looking forward and waited for the 2nd OVA ^^ a little one and half year thread necrobump to let you know it was recently released and subbed... I just saw it after rewatching the 1st (3 years ago) and not only character designs but the animation quality improvement are notable, as announced after the ending there'll be a 3rd so hopefully it comes out sooner tongue.gif

Edited by NecroRyu, 16 July 2014 - 09:00 PM.

Scores of my Latest Top 7 Anime TV series, OVAs &/or Films:
1. Lord El·Melloi II Case Files: Rail Zeppelin GN - 10/10 (ar) B-
2. Fruits Basket Zenpen - 9/10 (airing) A
3. JoJo no Kimyō na Bōken: Ōgon no Kaze - 8/10 (ongoing) C-
4. DanMachi II - 7/10 (airing) B
5. One Punch Man 2 - 6/10 (ongoing?) B+
6. Love Live! Sunshine!! Over the Rainbow - 5/10 (ong?) A-
7. Super Dragon Ball Heroes - 4/10 (airing) A+

#62 Kid-Wolf

Kid-Wolf

~ Random Touhou link finder ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9167 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Touhou, games (be they PC, console, or even traditional biased), Touhou, Meidos, Visual Novels, Touhou, oh and did I mention Touhou lol

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:40 PM

Half of me wants to say finally they're continuing it. biggrin.gif
Although, my other half say why are they doing this? rolleyes.gif

In any case it's good to see the circle wanting to take a crack at it again after a few years of trying to do it the first time. So I guess that all we have to say is here we go again with this group.

Personally I was wondering if the second OVA episode of Memories of Phantasm was going to be released. i only ask since it turned into a slight retelling of the Perfect Cherry Blossom Incident with Sanae actually being invited to Gensokyo by Lady Yukari and Lady Yuyuko at the very end of it all.

In any case seeing an OVA of a fanmade Touhou series continuing it's idea is always a wonderful thing, but still most of hte fans will say as long as this doesn't go mainstream we'll be okay with the way things are. tongue.gif

- Miko Miko Mode Oni Version

#63 Kid-Wolf

Kid-Wolf

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9167 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Touhou, games (be they PC, console, or even traditional biased), Touhou, Meidos, Visual Novels, Touhou, oh and did I mention Touhou lol

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:26 AM

Well it seems that they finally showed how they were connecting Yuyuko and Youmu along with the Eientei group after all this time. Granted nothing progressed, but then again it's just another day of living in Gensokyo. tongue.gif

Still for some reason I was hoping to see Yuuka show up since Tewi, Reisen and Youmu did run into the Sunflower Field. Oh well, maybe next episode they decide to do. tongue.gif

Also, for some reason it felt like nothing much happened at the SDM other than Patchy wanting to be with Marisa alone for legitamate and maybe some implied reasons. That and Sakuya was forced to assist the Hakurei Miko in her work of finding the culprit.

Also, it was kind of cute seeing Kaguya living up to her being known as the Hourai NEET by pulling allnigher gamming sessions. laugh.gif
Plus seeing how Lady Yuyuko openly admited to being a black hole when it comes to food, but has a limit of course. tongue.gif

So next episode.... hmmm let's see if I had to guess I'd give it about another year or two before they decide to do another one. rolleyes.gif

#64 Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt

-sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3344 posts
  • Interests:Anime =) - esp fantasy, school comedy, fighting;
    All sorts of metal - including Japanese;
    All the Japanese stuff;
    Russian science fiction.

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:20 AM

I'd say, a huge improvement over the first episode, almost at the level of high-tier industry-produced series! The lack of an action scene in the episode was a bit disappointing though. Also, a lot more campy/referencey compared tot he first ep.

Also, Tewi is da man biggrin.gif

user posted image

If I weren't so lazy, I'd make a GIF out of this scene.

Edited by Ausdoerrt, 02 September 2012 - 10:21 AM.

<p>monofood.gif<br><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.animenews...r=Ausdoerrt'>My rarely-updated anime list</a></p>

#65 Kid-Wolf

Kid-Wolf

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9167 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:07 PM

It goes to show you that Aya-sama is known to cause an minor incident out of all of this, but I have to say I really liked how they used her charge camera ability that was in StB and DS. It kind of made it where it was kind of a normal thing for her to do when she took pictures at times. tongue.gif

Still I was hopping for the Reisen Youmu fight scene since it's pretty much your gunner vs swordsman kind of fight to it. biggrin.gif

#66 ImTakes

ImTakes

sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6536 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Sep 02 2012, 12:07 PM)
It goes to show you that Aya-sama is known to cause an minor incident out of all of this, but I have to say I really liked how they used her charge camera ability that was in StB and DS. It kind of made it where it was kind of a normal thing for her to do when she took pictures at times. tongue.gif

My namesake plays a major role? I want to watch this little mini-series. Thanks for the heads up, Woofie-san...will watch and give my touhou cents later. wink.gif

How ironic it has become ... a one man show.

#67 Kid-Wolf

Kid-Wolf

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9167 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:33 AM

While things improved slightly over the 2 and 1/2 to 3 years on haiatus, but for some odd reason it kind of decided to not do much on danmaku this time around, but more along the line of getting intel on what's going on.

Still it makes me wonder if Moku-tan will show up on the next chapter they decided to do. Granted I'd be supprised if they kept up with this. Although I'll be we won't see another epsidoe within 2 to 3 years once again for the ~Summer Day's Dream~ series. rolleyes.gif

Still I wonder when the new epsidoe of ~Memories of Phantasm~ is supposed to be out. I mean that one looked like it was a quick retelling of Subterranean Animism in a sense.

#68 Killer_Ossi

Killer_Ossi

Retired

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3817 posts
  • Interests:Chilling with friends<br>Pen-&amp;-Paper RPG<br>Animes, Mangas, Hentai<br>PC-Games<br>Bodybuilding

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:13 PM

Just watched the two Summer Days Dream eps. It was good, but Memories of Phantasm was better in my eyes, especially artwise. But I have to give credit to the producers of Summer Days Dream because they really improved their art between the two eps.
I got really surprised after looking up the anime on MAL because they have actually known seiyuus. I wouldnt have expected that.
[Admin note: Sig removed due to negative comments toward the community]

#69 ImTakes

ImTakes

sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6536 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

Just came across this on the Mazui website... wink.gif
Touhou Little Reimu
by Ulrezaj at 01/25 23:23:47

Today I'd like to present to you: Touhou - Little Reimu. For those of you unfamiliar with the Touhou universe, I've included a short primer below.
This is a movie made from a series of 8 manga-style Touhou videos that tell the (unofficial) backstory of Reimu when she was young. It is by far the most amazing Touhou story I've personally come across, and every care was taken to make sure the resulting translation and typesetting matches the spirit of the original.

Since these were released over the course of several months on Nico, they do come with credits, but don't skip them because they contain story bits. I've taken all the videos and stitched them together to form a more or less cohesive movie a little under 2 hours long.

So whether you're a longstanding Touhou fan or completely new to the series, I humbly offer this Mazui release for your enjoyment.

http://mazuisubs.com/249

Sounds interesting...gonna check it out. wink.gif

Edited by ImTakes, 26 January 2013 - 12:21 AM.

How ironic it has become ... a one man show.

#70 Kid-Wolf

Kid-Wolf

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9167 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:47 AM

Oh wait is that the story where Reimu was little and Rumia was big story here? I saw how it ended and if they redid it into a full on anime instead of doing the manga via youtube I just might check that one out then. tongue.gif

*edit*

Oh yeah that is the one I noticed on YouTube and the playlist can be found here:
http://www.youtube.c...061C5E64DBD575E

Pretty much the story is called Osana Reimu in which the Hakurei Miko who never showed her face for most of the series actually raised Reimu along side with Rumia. The story is rather nice, but at the same time.... it hits the feels so hard in the end.

Edited by Kid-Wolf, 26 January 2013 - 08:19 AM.

#71 Norren

Norren

Lazy Artist

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

I've watched up through to the end of Reimu and Marisa meeting, this is adorable!

#72 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4517 posts
  • Location:http://www.ntv.co.jp/english/pc/2018/06/mr-tonegawamiddle-management-blues--.html
  • Interests:Registered in 2006 mostly as a lurker until 2011, so I post daily since FTV became less active lately :(

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:00 AM

Touhou Gensou Mangekyou ~The Memories of Phantasm~ 2, -The Scarlet Mist Incident- finally a sequel after 2 years
user posted image user posted image
Title: Fantasy Kaleidoscope ~The Memories of Phantasm~ 2: The Scarlet Mist Incident
Japanese: 幻想万華鏡 第2話 紅霧異変の章 ~The Memories of Phantasm~
Date released: 26/5/2013 (Unofficial short OVA series)
Genres: Comedy, Action, Fantasy
Original Creator: ZUN
Studio: user posted image Team Manpuku Jinja
2nd OVA PV:
2nd OVA PV 2:
Official website: http://manpukujinja.blog135.fc2.com/

Synopsis: Second 'Memories of Phantasm' doujinshi anime based on the 6th game of ZUN's franchise "Touhou Koumakyou ~Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil~".
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Aug 12 2012, 06:40 PM)
Personally I was wondering if the second OVA episode of Memories of Phantasm was going to be released. i only ask since it turned into a slight retelling of the Perfect Cherry Blossom Incident with Sanae actually being invited to Gensokyo by Lady Yukari and Lady Yuyuko at the very end of it all.

In any case seeing an OVA of a fanmade Touhou series continuing it's idea is always a wonderful thing, but still most of hte fans will say as long as this doesn't go mainstream we'll be okay with the way things are. tongue.gif
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Sep 05 2012, 08:33 PM)
Still I wonder when the new epsidoe of ~Memories of Phantasm~ is supposed to be out. I mean that one looked like it was a quick retelling of Subterranean Animism in a sense
well it didnt took that long for doujin circle Manpuku Jinja to release it recently, compared with Maikaze ~A Summer Day's Dream~ series ^^ also watched the first ~MoP~ OVA again... its animation and art quality are better so I'm looking forward to see the 3rd sooner, most likely it'll be out before ~ASDD~ OVA 3 wink.gif

#73 Kid-Wolf

Kid-Wolf

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9167 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

Well finally after all of this we have the first half of another Marisa Adventure here. Granted they pretty much went with the whole just ignore Cirno since she's all talk, and they only showed China... er I mean Meling when Aya-sama tried to break into the manor to find out who or what wa sliving there. tongue.gif

In any case this episode you get to see Flandre wanting to play with Marisa, and the first half of Patchy's fight with Marisa. Although while that's going on Reimu is busy elsewere in the manor it seems from what Pachy said though.

So I guess we're going to wait another 2 years or so for the second half ot the SDM incident story. laugh.gif

#74 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4517 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:00 AM

rejoice this time MoP#3 took only one year, the recap music sounds like DBZ ;p
user posted imagei found ASDD#2.5 too but still raw, the question is when #3 will be released?sleep.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users