Sangatsu no Lion 2nd Series

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: March comes in like a lion (3-gatsu no Lion)
Japanese: 3月のライオン
Release dates: 8/10/2016 (TV series 22 episodes), 18/3/2017 (live-action film) and 22/4/2017 (part 2)
Genres: Game, Comedy, Drama, Psychological, Slice of life, Seinen
Original creator: Chika Umino
Directors: Kenjirō Okada, Akiyuki Shinbo (TV) and Keishi Ōtomo (films)
Written by: Fuyashi Tō and Yukito Kizawa
Music by: Yukari Hashimoto
Character designer and chief animation director: Nobuhiro Sugiyama
Art director: Seiki Tamura (Anime Kobo Basara)
Sound director: Toshiki Kameyama
CGI director: Shin'ya Takano (DIGITAL@SHAFT)
Director of photography: Shinichiro Eto (DIGITAL@SHAFT)
Art setting by: Yasuhiro Nakura
Color design by: Izumi Takizawa and Yasuko Watanabe (DIGITAL@SHAFT)
Accessory design by: Etsuko Sumimoto
Clothing design by: Kazuya Shiotsuki (SHAFT)
Title design by: Kōhei Nawata (Kōhei Nawata Design Office)
Layout design by: Yasuhiro Nakura
Data sponsoring by: Madoka Kitao
Editing by: Rie Matsubara (Seyama Editing Room)
Sound effects by: Takuya Hasegawa (Sound Box)
Sound production by: Miyuki Yoshizawa
Production desk: Kōichi Yasuda (SHAFT)
Production producer: Kōsuke Matsunaga (SHAFT)
Recording by: Kōhei Yoshida
Shōgi supervision by: Manabu Senzaki
Studio: Shaft (TV)
Distributed by: Toho and Asmik Ace (films)
Network: NHK
Opening theme: "Answer (アンサー)" by BUMP OF CHICKEN
Ending theme: "Fighter" by BUMP OF CHICKEN
Official HP:
Main cast: Rei Kiriyama (桐山 零) voiced by Kengo Kawanishi and played by Ryunosuke Kamiki

Kawamoto family: Akari Kawamoto (川本 あかり) voiced by Ai Kayano and played by Kana Kurashina
Hinata Kawamoto (川本 ひなた) voiced by Kana Hanazawa and played by Kaya Kiyohara
Momo Kawamoto (川本 モモ) voiced by Misaki Kuno and played by Chise Nītsu

Sōmeji Kawamoto (川本 相米二) voiced by Shigeru Chiba and played by Gin Maeda
Misaki (美咲) voiced by Michiko Neya and played by Yuka Itaya
Seijirō Kawamoto (川本 誠二郎)
Kōda family: Kyōko Kōda (幸田 香子) voiced by Marina Inoue and played by Kasumi Arimura
Masachika Kōda (幸田 柾近) voiced by Tōru Ōkawa and played by Etsushi Toyokawa
Ayumu Kōda (幸田 歩)

Professional shōgi players: Harunobu Nikaidō (二海堂 晴信) voiced by Nobuhiko Okamoto
Issa Matsumoto (松本 一砂) voiced by Subaru Kimura and played by Hiroyuki Onoue
Tatsuyuki "Smith" Misumi (三角 龍雪 "スミス") voiced by Tomokazu Sugita and played by Tomoya Nakamura

Tōji Sōya (宗谷 冬司) played by Ryō Kase
Supporting cast: Takashi Hayashida (林田 高志) voiced by Takahiro Sakurai and played by Issei Takahashi
Yūsuke Takahashi (高橋 勇介) voiced by Yoshimasa Hosoya

Hanaoka (花岡) voiced by Yōji Ueda
Shōgi-nyaa (将棋ニャー)
Others: Kai Shimada (島田 開) voiced by Shinichiro Miki and played by Kuranosuke Sasaki
Masamune Gotō (後藤 正宗) played by Hideaki Itō
Manabu Yasui (安井) played by Masahiro Komoto
Takanori Jingūji (神宮寺崇徳) played by Ryō Iwamatsu
Sakutarō Yanagihara (柳原朔太郎) played by Shigeru Saiki
Junkei Yamazaki played by Eita Okuno
Sōichi Matsunaga (松永 正一)
Manga and Honey & Clover websites:
http://3lion.younganimal.com/ & http://www.hachikuro.net/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLrNN1YufWexyG2XFWei6oY-tsLie4az-a&v=ZL5nnx4vd7k

Synopsis: Rei Kiriyama is a 17-year-old boy who recently started living alone, financed by his salary as a professional Shogi player. Despite his independence, however, he's yet to mature emotionally, and his problems continue to haunt him in his daily life. His relationship with his adoptive family is strained, and he has difficulties interacting with his fellow high school students. Meanwhile, his professional career has entered a slump. Burdened with the heavy expectations placed on him as the fifth to become pro in middle school, his wins and losses are fluctuating as his record and progression into the ranks begin to stagnate. Acquainted with Rei are the three Kawamoto sisters: Akari, Hinata, and Momo. Unlike Rei, they live happily in their modest home, which they warmly welcome Rei into as if he were one of their own. Despite his reservations about becoming too close to the family, he frequently visits, interacting with them and receiving the kind of care and affection he never quite had while under his foster home. This is the story of Rei's triumphs and failures, relationships new and old, and his growth as a person.

gdpetti said:
Sangatsu no Lion sounds family friendly fare again, but of course, our MC is living alone.... only in Japan, right? :d Well to be fair... at 17, there have been a few models and actors that have lived that way with their parents approval...

I remember reading this ages ago.

They really took the main character's sense of being lost and captured it. I'm pretty impressed with how this one's coming along.

Norren said:
They really took the main character's sense of being lost and captured it. I'm pretty impressed with how this one's coming along.
me too :0 is studio Shaft after all but this sense felt similar with Yuji in ep.6, i'm looking forward their match (2017?)... yet a fun #7 like how Akari's sisters learn easier to play from 'Bodoro', the only shogi stuff he can beat Rei at (new ED):lol:

Norren said:
I remember reading this ages ago.
did you read Honey & clover too? from the same author, but 3'gatsu got darker after a week break with Kyouko's arrival... making Rei think in ep.9 if his life will be like Matsunaga, is it just me or was Darth Vader there? just saw Rogue 0ne :)

March Comes in like a Lion 2nd Series and L-A films, from traumas to bullying

Norren said:
Sangatsu no Lion: I missed this show.
me too but 2nd Movie PV almost spoiled me S2, I'll wait until its anime ends :p

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back