Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: The One Being Sung: The False Mask
Japanese: うたわれるもの 偽りの仮面
Airing dates: 3/10/2015 (2nd TV series 25 episodes) and 3/4/2006 (1st TV series 26 episodes)
Release dates: 5/6/2009 (3 OVAs), 24/9/2015 (new vlsual novel) and 26/4/2002 (original VN)
Genres: Adventure, Fantasy, Drama, Science Fiction, Seinen, Tactical role-playing game, Eroge
Developers: Aquaplus (new VN), Leaf (Windows) and Sting (PlayStation 2 / PlayStation Portable)
Platforms: PS4, PS3, PS Vita (new VN), Windows, PlayStation Network, PS2 and PSP (original VN)
Original character designers: Misato Mitsumi, Tatsuki Amazuyu (VNs) and Arō Shimakusa (manga)
Directors: Keitaro Motonaga (TV), Kenichiro Katsura (OVAs) and Tomoki Kobayashi (S1)
Written by: Takamitsu Kōno (TV/OVAs) and Makoto Uezu (S1)
Music by: Naoya Shimokawa (TV), Aquaplus (OVAs), Hijiri Anze and Miyu Nakamura (S1)
Character designer and chief animation director: Masahiko Nakata
Art directors: Yoshito Takamine (TV), Toshiki Nishi (OVAs) and Kenji Katō (S1)
Sound directors: Yasunori Ebina (TV), Takatoshi Hamano (OVAs) and Susumu Aketagawa (S1)
Directors of photography: Shunya Kimura (TV), Kōji Yamakoshi (OVAs) and Takaya Mizutani (S1)
CGI director: Makoto Satō (S1)
Color design by: Miyuki Satō (TV), Ken Hashimoto (OVAs) and Tatsue Ohzeki (S1)
Prop design by: Goichi Iwahata and Noritaka Suzuki (TV)
Animation producers: Satoshi Hasegawa (OVAs) and Gaku Iwasa (S1)
Editing by: Yoshiaki Kimura (TV), Toshihiko Kojima (OVAs) and Kumiko Sakamoto (S1)
Studios: White Fox (TV), Aquaplus, Chaos Project (OVAs), Oriental Light and Magic (S1)
Network: Tokyo MX, TVA, MBS, AT-X, BS11 (TV), CTC, ABC, TVS, tvk (S1)
Opening themes: "Fuantei na Kamisama (不安定な神様 / Insecure God)" by Suara (TV)
"Ten Kakeru Hoshi (天かける星 / Star Hanging in the Heavens)" by Suara (2nd OP)
"adamant faith" by Suara (OVAs)
"Musouka (夢想歌)" by Suara (S1)
Ending themes: "Yumekaotsutsuka (ユメウツツカ / Feeling as if in a Dream)" by Suara (TV)
"Hoshi Kudaru Sora Aogimite (星降る空仰ぎ見て / Looking Up at a Sky Full of Stars)" by Suara (2nd OP)
"Yume no Tsuzuki (夢のつづき)" by Rena Uehara (OVAs)
"Madoromi no Rinne (まどろみの輪廻)" by Eri Kawai (S1 eps 1-25)
"Kimi ga Tame (キミガタメ)" by Suara (S1 ep.26)

Main cast: Haku (ハク) voiced by Keiji Fujiwara
Kuon (クオン) voiced by Risa Taneda
Supporting cast: Ukon (ウコン) / Oshutoru (オシュトル) voiced by Kentarō Tōne
Nekone (ネコネ) voiced by Inori Minase
Rurutie (ルルティエ) voiced by Ai Kakuma
Atui (アトゥイ) voiced by Yumi Hara
Nosuri (ノスリ) voiced by Nozomi Yamamoto
Ougi (オウギ) voiced by Takahiro Sakurai
Kokopo (ココポ) voiced by Madoka Yonezawa
Uruuru (ウルウル) and Saraana (サラァナ) voiced by Ayane Sakura
Maroro (マロロ) voiced by Ooki Sugiyama
Mozuna (モズヌ) voiced by Shinnosuke Ogami
Kiuru (キウル) voiced by Ayumu Murase
Honoka (ホノカ) voiced by Sayuri Yahagi
Emperor (帝) voiced by Masafumi Kimura
Anju (アンジュ) voiced by Chinatsu Akasaki
Bokoinante (ボコイナンテ) voiced by Toshiharu Nakanishi
Pillar Generals: Munechika (ムネチカ) voiced by Saori Hayami
Dekoponpo (デコポンポ) voiced by Tōru Ohkawa
Sakon / Mikazuchi (ミカヅチ) voiced by Yūya Uchida
Raikou (ライコウ) voiced by Ryōtaro Okiayu
Vurai (ヴライ) voiced by Kenji Nomura
Woshizu (ウォシス) voiced by Yukitoshi Kikuchi

Original cast: Karura / Carla (カルラ) voiced by Atsuko Tanaka
Touka (トウカ) voiced by Kaya Miyake
Aruruu (アルルゥ) voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro
Kamyu / Camus (カミュ) voiced by Rie Kugimiya
Mukkuru (ムックル) voiced by Yoshimitsu Shimoyama
PV & Anniversary official site:
HP: '

Synopsis:
When I came to, I realized I was standing in the middle of a vast, snowy plain I knew nothing of. I didn't know how I got there. And to add to that, I couldn't remember anything, not even my name. I stood there, dumbfounded at my absurd situation. But then, as if to spite me further, a gigantic monster suddenly appeared, a insect-like creature that began to bear down on me. I tried desperately to run, but it cornered me into a hopeless situation. It was then that the girl appeared. Her name was Kuon. It was this beautiful girl, who bore an animal's ears and tail, that saved my life.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Oct 02 2015, 12:46 AM)the new Utawarerumono and some others, but none of those have me really excited.
QUOTE (Masich @ Sep 28 2015, 4:23 PM)Itsuwari no Kamen (Apart from this being based on a Visual Novel... I honestly don't trust White Fox studio with it... and that is only based on Akama ga Kill! + there not being an S2 of The Devil Is a Part-TimerI don't remember as much its 1st series or OVAs, so I'll marathon them again
smile.gif

So in other words this picks up way after the original VN I take it, and from the looks of things that's all I can get from it though. I kind of wonder if it's just going to be for the PSN or if it's going to get the Windows treatment for VNs now. I mean it looks like that could happen.

Uruuru, sounds like they are reusing names, wonder if it will be a character recycle. Still, super excited about this new series. Kinda sad though, when this was released i was graduating highscool.....

QUOTE (T3hderk @ Oct 07 2015, 06:40 AM)Uruuru, sounds like they are reusing names, wonder if it will be a character recycle.I watched the first anime series of it... betting on comparison that they are going to re-use 90% of the chain of events from the first one... Although nothing is sure, who knows! maybe it's a different story!

QUOTE (Masich @ Oct 07 2015, 01:12 PM)I watched the first anime series of it... betting on comparison that they are going to re-use 90% of the chain of events from the first one... Although nothing is sure, who knows! maybe it's a different story!
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Oct 05 2015, 10:47 AM)So in other words this picks up way after the original VN I take it, and from the looks of things that's all I can get from it though. I kind of wonder if it's just going to be for the PSN or if it's going to get the Windows treatment for VNs now.Yes Kuon is almost like Ururuu (her mom?) but, Haku isn't as brave as Hakuoro also there is a bit more comedy and gore... Dealing with giant centipedes in the first eps, instead of huge tigers yet i think studio White fox is doing a nice job
wink.gif

It going to most likely be the same story but with different characters for the setup. I'm only saying this since it looks like it's in the same universe as the original Underwaterrayrumano of course. The only thing that needs to be known is when on the timeline is this series when being compared to the original series.
rolleyes.gif

So, I call dibs on the idea that Haku is either a brother or clone of the original masked man.
Kuon is the perfect girl next door. "Nekko-ized", making her even more of a total cutie. That temper though... I foresee MANY a lost agument in Haku's future. She simply outguns him in every way except mechanics and math. I can't even say that he's smarter in general as she's definitely already showing greater wisdom, craftiness, and resourcefulness. Kuon for the win without a doubt. :)

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Oct 10 2015, 01:57 PM)So, I call dibs on the idea that Haku is either a brother or clone of the original masked man.
Kuon is the perfect girl next door. "Nekko-ized", making her even more of a total cutie. That temper though... I foresee MANY a lost agument in Haku's future. She simply outguns him in every way except mechanics and math. I can't even say that he's smarter in general as she's definitely already showing greater wisdom, craftiness, and resourcefulness. Kuon for the win without a doubt. :)
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Oct 09 2015, 12:51 PM)It going to most likely be the same story but with different characters for the setup. I'm only saying this since it looks like it's in the same universe as the original Underwaterrayrumano of course. The only thing that needs to be known is when on the timeline is this series when being compared to the origina new clone in ep.3 too ;P so not only a wolfgirl will join Haku's harem, also her oversized pidgeon and a wuzard -.-... another difference to s1 is how they were attacked by thieves, in their way to the capital besides more fanservice so far
tongue.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Oct 17 2015, 08:00 PM) a new clone in ep.3 too ;P so not only a wolfgirl will join Haku's harem, also her oversized pidgeon and a wuzard -.-... another difference to s1 is how they were attacked by thieves, in their way to the capital besides more fanservice so far
tongue.gif

LOL That pigeon reminds me of 'Majin Buu' from Dragon-Ball Z for some reason...

On an unrelated/related note, I just watched an episode of iZombie last night, and this couple that had rented an animal costume for their "alone time" finally made a connection for me regarding this show...
THIS SHOW IS A "FURRY'S" SHANGRI-LA!

Hot male & female characters with animal tails and ears.... WHY DID I NOT REALIZE THIS BEFORE?!?!?

Still trying to see how this will parallel the original series as there are already some fairly substantial deviations. But then again, UBW strayed pretty far from the original FATE/STAY NIGHT , and I have no complaints about that show either.

Looking forward to next week, and how Kuon will whip that slacker into shape! :)

Enjoy!

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Oct 20 2015, 05:17 PM)THIS SHOW IS A "FURRY'S" SHANGRI-LA!

Hot male & female characters with animal tails and ears.... WHY DID I NOT REALIZE THIS BEFORE?!?!?

Still trying to see how this will parallel the original series as there are already some fairly substantial deviations. But then again, UBW strayed pretty far from the original FATE/STAY NIGHT , and I have no complaints aboutthough both routes and Heaven's feel retell the 5th Grail War, while Itsuwari no Kamen is Utawarerumono's sequel... but yup the furries also are showing 'more skin' in ep.4 than S1, to think Nekone is a jealous imouto or Rurutie a fujoshi
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Oct 5 2015, 01:54 AM)Makes the rest of the new anime lineup tolerable.

Though I think that I will like the re-telling of UTAWARERUMONO. Well finally 2 furries of S1 return in ep.6! drinker Karura and cute-loving Touka, from a slave princess and loyal guard to... inn owners ;p i wonder if they're still as strong or skilled, also Kuon's real mom in flashbacks? is Hakuoro her dad?
sleep.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Nov 13 2015, 06:00 PM) Well finally 2 furries of S1 return in ep.6! drinker Karura and cute-loving Touka, from a slave princess and loyal guard to... inn owners ;p i wonder if they're still as strong or skilled, also Kuon's real mom in flashbacks? is Hakuoro her dad?
sleep.gif

For the first time, I get the feel for this story being a follow-up to the events of the original.  Maybe furries gestate REALLY quickly, so even though it seems like a few decades had passed, it had really only been 3-5 years.  And maybe Haku is the original hero, but was put to sleep again for some reason?

"Why do you wear that collar?" LOVED her response! :)

NOT A SPOILER since it is in the first page of this thread plain as day....

Anyone else notice that KUON and Lord UKON are just word play variations? I'm thinking there's something to that....

Ken's theory: Lord Ukon is really Kuon's brother by blood, and that Haku is the dad of at least the 2 of them. Hence the "I'm only a guardian" vibe, and why Haku is such a near-match for Ukon that if you cover the ears and sideburns, it's hard to tell them apart.

Wouldn't it be something if Haku was a "sleeper" that just gets thawed out and reintroduced to the gene-pool to keep just enough human DNA in each few generations to prevent the populace from devolving into pure beasts?

Just a thought... A REALLY DARK thought, but a thought nonetheless....

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Nov 18 2015, 12:24 PM)Wouldn't it be something if Haku was a "sleeper" that just gets thawed out and reintroduced to the gene-pool to keep just enough human DNA in each few generations to prevent the populace from devolving into pure beasts?

Just a thought... A REALLY DARK thought, but a thought nonetheless.Interesting theory if we consider final eps in S1, so he's a more human Iceman' awaken way later than hakuoro... wearing hospital gown instead of irremovable mask, so after ep'8 at last its plot goes on with the Pillar generals (PuPuPu!)
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Nov 18 2015, 12:24 PM)"Why do you wear that collar?" LOVED her response! :)

NOT A SPOILER since it is in the first page of this thread plain as day..also is nice that she and Touka had a bit more screentime, afar greeting Aruruu and Kamyu of s1 too who visited Kuon... PigeonxTiger ;p about ep.10 the noble thieves arc focus on Nosuri, by its PV this weekend will be fun (lol sexy poses)
biggrin.gif

Utawarerumono: the False Mask 2nd cour, at last more action and a serious plot

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Oct 20 2015, 04:17 PM)Looking forward to nextafter a cour of comedy and fanservice with ep.13 its warfare is turning like S1
smile.gif

*Brushes off the small layer of dust*

Yes! I never go back on my promises! So I batch watched this entire season!

My End Result? A whole lot of buildup for hardly something I call an ending.

I mean... I would pick The first season and the light novel at any time above this ''second season''. I honestly at least enjoyed the ending of Hakuoro and Erurū in the first season. This ''second season''? Bloody Awful.
Of all the people in that entire place! Why Did He Not Tell Kuon!? There was like Zero Effort in relationships between Haku and Kuon and yet I would have trusted Kuon above anyone else! that and would have saved her from a terrible heartbreak!

My rating for Utawarerumono: The False Faces: 5/10
Animation: 8/10
Story: 3/10 (There was hardly any resolution in the end)
Characters: 4/10 (The writers really had a wrong focus)
Feeling: 5/10 (I am actually being 50-50 here purely because of the small yet only hopeful comedy parts at some episodes)

I'm off to rewatch the first season, as to filter this one completely out. I did not care for the plot as in the way it played out. I honestly Could not care for this season at all!

Personally I feel more like this would of been better if this was getting a second season here for this arc since it felt like it went midway and stopped before reaching the ending for anything here. I mean this is what happened with the original series if you ask me.
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (Masich @ Jun 14 2016, 04:41 PM)My End Result? A whole lot of buildup for hardly something I call an ending.

I mean... I would pick The first season and the light novel at any time above this ''second season''. I honestly at least enjoyed the ending of Hakuoro and Erurū in the first season. This ''second season''? Bloody Awful.
Of all the people in that entire place! Why Did He Not Tell Kuon!? There was like Zero Effort in relationships between Haku and Kuon and yet I would have trusted Kuon above anyone else! that and would have saved her from a terrible heartbreak!
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jun 15 2016, 01:21 AM)I feel more like this would of been better if this was getting a second season here for this arc since it felt like it went midway and stopped before reaching the ending for anything here. I mean this is what happened with the original series ifi think he promised to not tell even her but yes overall s1 is better, except OVAs

Utawarerumono (1st TV series 26 episodes) spring to summer 2006 - 7/10
U: OVA (OAD series 3 eps) spring 2009 to summer 2010 - 5/10
U: Itsuwari no Kamen (2nd TV series 25 eps) fall 2015 to winter 2016 - 6/10

So in other words if you want to know how this whole thing ends, find and play the game of course. I mean they only did the first half of the major story arc and it feels like there's more still to be told, but then people won't care to play the games at all, at least that's how I see this series now.
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jun 26 2016, 07:18 PM)So in other words if you want to know how this whole thing ends, find and play the game of course. I mean they only did the first half of the major story arc and it feels like there's more still to be told, but then people won't care to play the games at all, at least that's how I see this series now.Alright, it was only partially done. But who bothers playing the game? Got enough trouble trying to find the original in japan.

That and what I mostly got pissed off over is the fact that if you indeed want to know how it continues and ends, you need to play the game. That is like how I had to buy Nanana's Buried Treasure novel only to know how it continued from the anime after the (Pardon my language) crap of 11 episodes with a sudden cliffhanger...

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back