Zettai Kareshi (Absolute Boyfriend)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

poonk

-dono
Kouhai
ZettaiKareshipic-75.jpg

(slightly larger pic)
So they're making a J-drama based on the manga! And it starts airing very soon!
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Zettai_Kareshi

Looks like they've made the characters a bit older than high school (thank goodness, what with all the "he's fully-functional" jokes that I remember in the manga). I'm happy to see Hayami Mokomichi as our robot boy (I've seen him in Brother Beat, Gokusen 2 before), not to mention Mizushima Hiro (Hana-Kimi, Brother Beat, Gokusen 2, and the Lovely Complex movie, among others). So this combination of concept and actors is pretty much irresistible to me. I'm willing to help up it to MF (as it's subbed) for anyone who can't use torrents, so let me know if there's interest.

Aibu Saki as the office lady Izawa Riko.

Hayami Mokomichi as Tenjo Night, the android delivered to an unsuspecting Riko.

Mizushima Hiro as Asamoto Soshi, the human rival for the Riko's affection.

So... where can I buy one of these, hmmm? *laughs*
And, uh... where are his nipples!?
huh.gif

Between this and the Junjou Romantica anime starting, looks like April's gonna be a great month! *spins*

MF links for the Sky King (and anyone else):
Hardsubbed SARS-Fansubs, who must be gods.
Each episode is split into (x) parts of ~100 MB each; join with hjSplit or hjJoin to view.
If you're unfamiliar with how joining files works, let me know and I (or someone, if I'm not around) can try to help you. (4/30: Please note-- some or all of the parts may have to be renamed to match one another so they can be joined, as for some reason MF ever-so-helpfully decided to change the file names somewhat during the upload process... *sarcasm* See the tiny print in this post for some troubleshooting tips...)

Episode 01: (8 parts, ~700 MB joined)
.001 .002 .003 .004 .005 .006 .007 .008

Episode 02: (5 parts, ~450 MB joined)
.001 .002 .003 .004 .005

Episode 03: (5 parts, ~460 MB joined)
.001 .002 .003 .004 .005

Episode 04: (5 parts, ~460 MB joined)
.001 .002 .003 .004 .005

Episode 05: (5 parts, ~460 MB joined)
.001 .002 .003 .004 .005

Episode 06: (5 parts, ~460 MB joined)
.001 .002 .003 .004 .005

Episode 07: (5 parts, ~460 MB joined)
.001 .002 .003 .004 .005

Episode 08: (5 parts, ~450 MB joined)
.001 .002 .003 .004 .005

Episode 09: (5 parts, ~450 MB joined)
.001 .002 .003 .004 .005

Episode 10: (5 parts, ~460 MB joined) <=NEW 6/28
.001 .002 .003 .004 .005

Episode 11 (FINAL): (5 parts, ~460 MB joined) <=NEW 7/02
.001 .002 .003 .004 .005

ahahaha...
biggrin.gif
seriously... they did a j-drama for this??? well, i only read this manga because it came in shojo beat and i didn't love it LOVE it. but i think it's pretty cute and funny. do you have any information on who's gonna be subbing it?

QUOTE (biankita @ Apr 04 2008, 01:56 PM)ahahaha...
biggrin.gif
seriously... they did a j-drama for this??? well, i only read this manga because it came in shojo beat and i didn't love it LOVE it. but i think it's pretty cute and funny.I too saw the serialization in the first few volumes of Shonen Beat here in the US and it was entertaining, but not enough for me to keep buying the magazine (straight-forward shoujo ain't my thing). But something about Hayami Mokomichi naked in a box is going to compel me to watch this. Perfect timing too, as I've finished up all the other dramas I have any interest in at the moment.

QUOTE do you have any information on who's gonna be subbing it? I have no clue-- But while it hasn't even aired yet, I'm pretty confident it'll get fansubbed ASAP, if other drama fans are drooling as much as I am at the prospect. *wipes chin* I think I need to go re-watch Brother Beat while I wait for this...

Edit: Poking around D-Wiki, it looks like SARS-Fansub has expressed their intent to do this as their Spring 2008 project-- Rejoice!

Allow me to express my shock: WHAT?!

This is an ... interesting choice for a j-drama. Having read the whole series, I'm kind of wondering about this show. From what I remember, it starts off normal enough and then around vol 4 goes CRAZY and kind of stops making sense. But I agree, it's probably best they made them a bit older than highschool, not just for the jokes, but I think there's a plot line about the computer-guy working as a host .... and living with another woman?

Huh, might have to check it out.

You got my attention......I'm gonna start reading the manga soon.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

In case anyone's interested, it seems the commercial for Absolute Boyfriend (yes, I'm gonna call it that, because it's easier for me to remember than Zettai Kareshi) has been posted to YouTube:
Absolute Boyfriend CM
If only I could understand what they're saying...

QUOTE (DarkPredatorPrincess @ Apr 09 2008, 03:37 PM) ......when are the subs coming out? >_>
DarkPredatorPrincess, it has even aired in Japan yet. Its airing on the 18th of April 2008 and so just be patient for now. Are you a girl by any chance ??
unsure.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Apr 09 2008, 05:41 PM)Its airing on the 18th of April 2008Actually, the Fuji TV site seems to indicate it starts on 04/15 (unless I'm interpreting it wrong?) ...Well, either way, it's soon. *yay*

I'm currently re-watching Brother Beat (starring Hayami Mokomichi as middle brother Riku) and I was reminded that, dang, Mokomichi is tall.
(And, on a unrelated note, the eldest brother is a total fox.)

(all pics grabbed from the official Fuji TV site)

blink.gif
they what?! O_O how did this manage to slip under my radar for like 5 days is shocking! X_X i read a bit of the manga and found it rather funny... but then it got so confusing and i was like '@__@ makes no sense anymore!' so i stopped reading it
tongue.gif
but i'll prob watch this =] maybe it'll make more sense when it's being acted out lol seems like this month will be a good one =]

hey... i've seen raw bloggers writing about this already. are subs available already? will this even be subbed and by whom? i'm so looking forward to this.

QUOTE (biankita @ Apr 19 2008, 02:31 PM)are subs available already? will this even be subbed and by whom? i'm so looking forward to this.There are no subs available yet, but I know it's being worked on (as far as I know it's by SARS-Fansubs, who have done lots of quality series in the past, including Galileo, Gokusen, Hana Yori Dango, Hana-Kimi, IWGP, Nodame Cantabile, and others). As I mentioned in the Junjou Romantica (anime) thread, I don't often start following series before they even air, so I'm not used to waiting for fansubs-- which means I don't really have a sense of how long they must take to produce. If nothing else, learning how long it really is between the initial airing and subsequent fansubbing of a hotly-anticipated series (as AB is) will give me a new appreciation of fansubbers!

Until subs are available-- well, I've already DL'd the raw from D-Addicts via torrent. I just hope that's the raw they're using to sync the subs to, or I'll have to re-DL it. I've been sorely tempted to watch the raw, but I don't think I'd "get" enough of it to make it worth a hour. Maybe I'll just skip ahead a bit and check out the part where she finds Night naked in the box... *laughs, but fully intends to do so later*

(Is it double-posting if it's been 2+ days? Oh well...)

Hey, did you all notice ep.01 is available for DL here on FTV!? *flails* Go get it! (it's under Zettai Kareshi if you're confused...)

I'm gonna make my friend watch it with me tomorrow afternoon. We finished watching Brother Beat (well, re-watching for me) last week so we are quite ready for some more Hayami Mokomichi action! (Not to mention Mizushima Hiro, who had a bit-part in BB also, funnily enough). I'm actually rather interested in what the manga's fans will think about it (like I said, I only read a few chapters in Shojo Beat, a loooong time ago, so for practical purposes you can say I'm unfamiliar with it).

Thank you whoever decided/convinced FTV to host this! (since I don't have to up it to MF then)

And... would it be possible to link the DL section to our thread here? (as right now it says "There is no official thread," etc.)

Poonk, are you able to make a mediafire download out of the first episode please ?

Thank you.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Apr 22 2008, 02:06 AM) Poonk, are you able to make a mediafire download out of the first episode please? For you? No problem! It may take me a day or so, though (as I'm going to bed in ~30 minutes).

Edit: In the future, as I up the episodes, I'll edit them into my original post above, so they're all in the same place, okay? Edit 2: Episode 01 is now up!

P.S. And as the originator of the thread, I renamed it to match the title SARS/FTV is primarily using (Zettai Kareshi), so as to cause minimal confusion.

So 2 days later I've finally watched ep01, and so far it looks really good! (Of course, we're just getting started). I have to say, even without reading spoilers for the manga (yeah, I'm one of those people who can't resist reading them-- I think it's fear of utter disappointment), I think that Riiko ends up with Soshi, based on those end credits alone (which are very cute, btw) . It's also interesting how they've altered the character of Soshi-- in the manga, wasn't he Riiko's neighbor and/or childhood friend or something? Either way, I thought he'd known her for a long time and always sort of had a crush on her. Whereas here in the drama his character seems pretty different-- sort of a rich playboy whose daddy is letting him help run the company Riiko temps for (and they start out the story as complete strangers). Of course, this being a drama, you know he's must have tons of redeeming qualities under that off-putting first-impression.

Night is as humorous as a soulless (?) robot can be expected to be when he's just learning the ropes. He managed to evoke a lot of "awwwws" out of my friend and I as he tried his darnedest to make Riiko happy, always with that blank smile. I hope it's a compliment to say that Hayami Mokomichi is very good at keeping that blandly pleasant face, although I'm sure as Night becomes more "human" his face will show it.

All in all, my friend and I agreed that this is going to be one of those rare dramas* where it's very hard to decide who to "root" for (even though we can sort of guess who she'll end up with).

*Hana-Kimi comes to mind, and the "Nakatsu" fandom that ensued.

P.S. Does anyone know how to get our discussion thread linked to the download section, like the anime series have?

I just watched the first epiosde and it's pretty funny though I get the Hana Kimi vibe because three actors from that show is here - and their looks haven't changed from the hair of Soshi and Ishizeki and the glasses of the vice-president (can't remember his name).

It's pretty funny and I'm looking forward to the second episode
biggrin.gif

Hi everyone just annoucing the arrival of ep 2!!
I'm really excited can't wait to watch it!!

QUOTE (biankita @ Apr 27 2008, 05:33 AM)I get the Hana Kimi vibe because three actors from that show is here - and their looks haven't changed from the hair of Soshi and Ishizeki and the glasses of the vice-president (can't remember his name).I recognized the characters of Minami and Oscar* (hope I got the names right) from Hana-Kimi... but who's the 3rd common actor you're referencing? (Is it Soshi's older brother? If so, who did he play in Hana-Kimi? I didn't recognize him at all.)

Anyway... ep.02 is upped to MF now, for those who are using those links. (see the very first post, above)

*P.S. I first saw Kyo Nobuo (Oscar/Ishizeki) in Love and Fight as a host/love interest (even though Drama-Wiki doesn't list that under his name, he is definitely in it... I remember he has a bare-arsed shower scene *so shallow*)

QUOTE (poonk @ Apr 30 2008, 12:13 AM)but who's the 3rd common actor you're referencing?  (Is it Soshi's older brother?  If so, who did he play in Hana-Kimi?  I didn't recognize him at all.)
That would be that "evil" teacher that came to school and threatened to have Nakatsu suspended. I don't know the name of the actor but he played Soshi's older brother here.

Anyway, I saw episode 2 yesterday. It was nice. Though in own personal opinion, this episode is already loaded with what I think the last episode will be: Riiko, Soshi and a sweet shop. I don't know... I get that feeling. I don't know how Night will fit in though... I haven't read the manga that much (just lots of random chapters) to know. Anyway, it's really nice and is the only j-drama I'm watching since I'm unfamiliar with everything that premieres.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back