Himouto! Umaru-chan R

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

What's your favorite anime related to Halloween?

• Himouto! Umaru-chan OVA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miss Monochrome (1st season episode 5)

• Blood: The Last Vampire

• Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door

• Wagaya no Oinari-sama (episode 19)

• Kill Me Baby: Butsuzou Kegatte Nise Halloween

• Total voters

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: My Two-Faced Little Sister! Umaru-chan
Japanese: 干物妹!うまるちゃん
Airing date: 8/7/2015 (TV series)
Release date: 19/10/2015 (OVA)
Genres: Comedy, School, Slice of Life
Original creator: Sankaku Head
Script by: Hideaki Koyasu, Kenji Sugihara, Takamitsu Kōno and Takashi Aoshima
Director: Masahiko Ōta
Assistant director: Takaharu Okuma
Written by: Takashi Aoshima
Music by: Yasuhiro Misawa
Character designer: Aya Takano
Chief animation director: Hiromi Nakagawa
Sound director: Yasunori Ebina
Art director: Yuki Ikenoue
Art setting by: Kazushi Fujii
Color design by: Genta Makabe
Prop design by: Hiromi Nakagawa and Kei Matsumoto
Effects by: Naoto Yamatani
Editing by: Emi Onodera
Studio: Doga Kobo
Network: ABC, Tokyo MX, BS11, AT-X
Opening theme: "Kakushinteki☆Metamarupho~ze! (かくしん的☆めたまるふぉ~ぜっ!)" by Aimi Tanaka
Ending theme: "Hidamari Days (ひだまりデイズ)" by Aimi Tanaka, Akari Kageyama, Haruka Shiraishi, & Yurina Furukawa

Site:
Main cast: Umaru Doma (土間 埋) voiced by Aimi Tanaka
Taihei Doma (土間 タイヘイ) voiced by Kenji Nojima
Nana Ebina (海老名 菜々) voiced by Akari Kageyama
Kirie Motoba (本場 切絵)voiced by Haruka Shiraishi
Manga:
Sylphynford Tachibana (橘・シルフィンフォード)
voiced by Yurina Furukawa
Takeshi "Bonba" Motoba (本場 猛 "ぼんば") voiced by Hiroki Yasumoto
Alex Tachibana (橘・アレックス) voiced by Tetsuya Kakihara
Kano (叶課長) voiced by Ami Koshimizu
TV series PVs:

Synopsis:
The sibling gag comedy manga centers around Umaru, Taihei's little sister who boasts beautiful looks as well as prowess in both school and sports. However, she has a certain secret. At home she becomes "Himōto" - a little sister who is proper in public but a slob of a girl who's only interested in games and eating.

QUOTE (Masich @ May 26 2015, 5:08 AM)haha still enjoying the mangahilarious ep.1, it competes with Working!!! as my favorite Summer comedy
happy.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Jul 19 2015, 01:00 PM)if you want more comedy try and review HimōtoNot really much of a use in asking if you know I will do it eventually.

I am not sure what to think about this series, I got no problem so far with any of the characters when it comes to voice casting or personality, find them all evenly good at that point, I do have a little negative point or so with Taihei, for a so called Main character, he doesn't really seem to be keeping up with that.
In the manga it is quite simple, seeing as it's a short of 10pages, with each chapter being most of the time completely different from the other, so there is always a sort of balance. But once I look at the anime as a single, it does not matter if you do not know the manga, you do notice that it is missing something, which it tries to cover as if keeping hidden. Which at this point makes me feel as if Taihei has lost screening time to it.

I do enjoy watching this series no problem with that in any direction, I just keep feeling as if it's missing something... Hopefully that gets removed once Sylphyn gets her official introduction, not much fun in the begin, seeing her only in the background and such :/

QUOTE (Masich @ Jul 23 2015,8:42 AM)do enjoy watching this series no problem with that in any direction, I just keep feeling as if it's missing something... Hopefully that gets removed once Sylphyn gets her official introduction, not much fun in the begin, seeing her only in the background and such :/despite i liked umaru's specials too and Kirie's reactions in ep'3, by its preview i think next one will not focus on Sylphyn yet... Update: lately I was reading that it'll be aired until this Sunday, I hope it'll be not delayed again like in Gangsta.
sad.gif

It is a fun series with some pretty nice characters and good scenes. However the weak part is actually the visual change of Umaru at school and at home. To have a classmate come to visit and not recognizing her felt way off balance. Until then it felt like a visual effect to show how she changes between characters but a real appearance change felt far fetched.

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Jul 25 2015, 12:39 PM)some pretty nice characters and good scenes. However the weak part is actually the visual change of Umaru at school and at home. To have a classmate come to visit and not recognizing her felt way off balance. Until then it felt like a visual effect to show how she changes between characters but a real appearance change felt far fetched.what also felt weak is how her busty neightbor fell in love, because Taihei looks at her eyes unlike people in flashback... i didn't expect in ep.4 more screentime for TSF along game parodies, if it wasn't for her bro Alex she would beat UMR
smile.gif

So Umaru actually is starting to pick up more friends. Well, Tachibana ain't exactly a friend as she does not know she is friends with Umaru. Kirie and Ebina are pretty nice friends though although again Kirie is thinking about the small Umaru. It feels like this show is more about hidden identities of Umaru than anything other. Umaru has three: the small Umaru, the perfect student Umaru and the arcade Umaru. To have friends with each version should make it a good story however it doesn't exactly feel like it for me. Every time they show the small one which isn't recognized by Kirie as the same as the others feel weak. Tachibana with the arcade Umaru is better as she never saw the face of the arcade Umaru..

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Aug 08 2015, 01:55 PM)So Umaru actually is starting to pick up more friends. Well, Tachibana ain't exactly a friend as she does not know she is friends with Umaru. Kirie and Ebina are pretty nice friends though although again Kirie is thinking about the small Umaru. It feels like this show is more about hidden identities of Umaru than anything other. Umaru has three: the small Umaru, the perfect student Umaru and the arcade Umaru.She gets along with each girl better by her 3 personas respectively, they're silly for not noticing yet what if they do?... I guess it would ruin that kind of comedy we're used to, so Taihei's boss debut in ep.5 shows she's in love with him too
tongue.gif

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Aug 08 2015, 07:55 PM)To have friends with each version should make it a good story however it doesn't exactly feel like it for me. Every time they show the small one which isn't recognized by Kirie as the same as the others feel weak.I agree with you, it's a bit... honestly stupid, that they are all dense as hell, in which they can't recognize Umaru in the other two versions, so much that Umaru has questioned it herself.

QUOTE (Masich @ Jul 23 2015, 02:42 PM)I do enjoy watching this series no problem with that in any direction, I just keep feeling as if it's missing something... Hopefully that gets removed once Sylphyn gets her official introduction, not much fun in the begin, seeing her only in the background and such :/Well, sadly enough, even with her into the picture, I still find this series lacking a lot for some reason, but like I said, I'm used to the short 10 pages manga, not full21mins (without OP&ED). That and episode 5 had some silent scenes, of which I did not really understand the use of it...

QUOTE (Masich @ Aug 9 2015,1:38 PM)even with her into the picture, I still find this series lacking a lot for some reason, but like I said, I'm used to the short 10 pages manga, not full21mins (without OP&ED). That and episode 5 had some silent scenes, of which I did not really understand the use of itstill it could be worse if this was a shorter series, of 3-10 minute TV eps instead like 4 panel manga adaptations i saw... that way i wouldn't enjoy Nozaki-kun or Working as much, about ep'6 nice MGS references before and after her b-day
biggrin.gif

smile.gif
This was nice. Umaru and Taihei do want the other to be near when they are at home. That curtain sure did show that they are a little family which wants quality time together. The nightly tour to the convenience store was also a fun little story.
However the best part was the birthday. They really like each other as siblings (not like that crappy ending of Oreimo..) which is shown in a fun way. Even if her friends (and Tachibana as her frenenemy) remembered she wanted Taihei to remember it the most. His effort in hanging decorations for her made it also clear that he wants her to have a good day.

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Aug 16 2015, 11:15 AM)the best part was the birthday. They really like each other as siblings (not like that crappy ending of Oreimo..) which is shown in a fun way. Even if her friends (and Tachibana as her frenenemy) remembered she wanted Taihei to remember it the most. His effort inAlso I'm glad it's not going as far as animes of siscon or wincest, but flashbacks about her mom hint they're half siblings... ok after ep'7 i want to see more how Kirie and Sylphyn get along with their bros, Taihei's coworkers by coincidence
wink.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Aug 24 2015, 11:00 PM)Also I'm glad it's not going as far as animes of siscon or wincest, but flashbacks about her mom hint they're half siblings... ok after ep'7 i want to see more how Kirie and Sylphyn get along with their bros, Taihei's coworkers by coincidence

Kirie doesn't seem to get along very well with her brother. She and him don't seem to know that they each are friends with Umaru and her brother. Sylphyn seems to do a lot better with her brother. He seems to accept her behaviour.

The christmas and new year episode did show again a lot of nice interactions. Taihei's boss really likes him..but she did something which was very good to watch and made me root for her. She preferred that he is happy with his family instead of friendly forcing him into a get-to-gather. I wonder if he knows she likes him...

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Aug 27 2015, 02:53 PM)Kirie doesn't seem to get along very well with her brother. She and him don't seem to know that they each are friends with Umaru and her brother. Sylphyn seems to do a lot better with her brother. He seems to accept her behaviour.

The christmas and new year episode did show again a lot of nice interactions. Taihei's boss really likes him..but she did something which was very good to watch and made me root for her. She preferred that he is happy with his family instead of friendly forcing him into a get-to-gather. I wonder if he knowsyep Kirie likes Umaru's bro instead giving them cookies twice in ep'9, but Sylphyn is embarrassed to let Alex know her hobbies... nice interactions in Valentine's day too, yet i doubt Ebina will confess her feelings to Taihei before his boss does
huh.gif

So we get to see how they react when one of the siblings is sick. Umaru seems to make a game out of everything but she does like her brother a lot.
It was even made more clear during the time of the broken down modem. Even if the internet cafe was like heaven to her it lacked the most important thing in her life: her brother Taihei. That was really nice to see
smile.gif
. The last scene gave us the best however: it combined the history of Taihei, Umaru, Motoba and Kanau in a nice way.

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Sep 13 2015, 01:41 PM)Even if the internet cafe was like heaven to her it lacked the most important thing in her life: her brother Taihei. That was really nice to see
smile.gif
. The last scene gave us the best however: it combined the history of Taihei, Umaru, Motoba and Kanau in a nice wI liked too in ep.11 Umaru's snack choice paroding SEELE, for his bro's meeting proposal without expecting he passed... for Kyoko of Working! could be heaven there eating lots of parfaits, I wonder if Kirie is related to the stealth couple
laugh.gif

M0NSTA! xD Just found in Umaru's OVA how she, Kirie and Taihei celebrate it... eating pumpkin plates too, what other halloween animes you guys remember?
smile.gif

Thanks for mentioning this ova.
smile.gif
It would indeed be more fun if a few series also had a special.

Kill Me Baby: Butsuzou Kegatte Nise Halloween Episode
Blood: the last vampire
Cowboy bebop: knockin on heavens door
Wagaya no Oinari-sama episode 19

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Oct 31 2015, 01:02 PM)Thanks for mentioning thisYou're welcome! thnx for posting 4 also just to let you know, there are 12 short Umaru Specials (now 2 eps left to sub)... btw i forgot that Miss Monochrome S1 ep.5 is about halloween, but time to celebrate today dia de Muertos in Mexico
tongue.gif

Merry christmas to you all. I have been a bit off-line the last few weeks but i am certainly coming back for the new season
smile.gif

May All your wishes come true in 2016 and Fansub.TV goes on for more years...

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back